Puff Pastry Hot Dogs with Hot Honey Mustard.
Puff pastry hot dogs are such a fun treat! Hot dogs wrapped in a flakey, buttery warm pastry and dipped in a spicy honey mustard sauce. So super delicious and fun!
Hot dogs are here for summer!
These hot dogs are wrapped in flakey puff pastry, sprinkled with sesame seeds and baked until golden, puffed, warm and buttery. They only get better when you dip them in a hot honey mustard sprinkled with chives, and let’s just say this may be my new favorite snacky dinner.
Because I’m not sure what I love more here: the puff pastry blanketed hot dogs or the spicy honey mustard. Both are ridiculously delicious! Embarrassingly easy, but absolutely wonderful.
Every summer when my family went to the Jersey shore, my uncle would make us crescent roll wrapped hot dogs. We devoured them like they were the best thing we had ever eaten – and it was the only time we ever got such a treat. Sometimes he would layer in cheese too.
Either way, they tasted like the epitome of summer to me.
Over the years, I’ve thought about introducing those crescent wrapped dogs to my kids. The thing is that I never have crescent roll dough on hand. But! I always always always have puff pastry. Always!
If you haven’t noticed, it’s one of my favorite (if not theeee favorite) ingredients to use in the kitchen for cheater’s pizzas and tarts. The options are endless. And it’s so light, flakey, airy and buttery, almost like eating a croissant.
So one day I sliced my puff pastry into squares and rolled up some hot dogs. A brush of egg wash, a sprinkle of sesame seeds and nice 20 minute nap in a 425 degree oven? These were born.
Oh my GOSH.
We adore my puff pastry cheeseburger pockets and I figured that these had to be a giant hit.
Normally I’d look at something like this and think of it almost as kid food, or maybe even carnival food. But these are so, so delightful, I would even make these over a classic grilled hot dog most days.
They are super filling. Extremely savory. And ideal for dipping!
Ketchup, my house sauce, relish… or a spicy honey mustard.
Yes, this hot honey mustard sauce has quickly risen to the top of our list when it comes to condiments. Hot honey, dijon mustard and a dollop of mayo are whisked together to create a smooth, silky honey mustard sauce with a touch of heat.
This dip goes with just about anything. I love it!
Why on earth are these so delicious!
Puff Pastry Hot Dogs
Puff Pastry Wrapped Hot Dogs with Hot Honey Mustard
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 6 hot dogs
- 1 large egg + 1 teaspoon water, beaten together for egg wash
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- condiments for serving, ketchup, relish, etc
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice the sheet of puff pastry into 6 squares: once down the center lengthwise, then two slices widthwise.
- Place a hot dog in the center of one of the puff pastry squares. Roll it up so it covers the hot dog. Repeat with remaining hot dogs and puff pastry. Place all the hot dogs on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Slice a few cuts in the top of the puff pastry with a sharp knife to let the steam escape.
- Brush the puff pastry all over with the egg wash. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden and puffed. Serve immediately with the hot honey mustard.
hot honey mustard
- Whisk ingredients together until smooth. Sprinkle with the chives and serve!
Snack of summer!