Chili Lime Chicken Street Corn Pizza.
Street corn pizza is topped with chili lime spiced chicken, jalapeño peppers, crumbled cotija cheese and lots of fresh lime. It’s crisp and crunchy, cheesy and melty, making it the perfect dinner when you’re craving something delicious!
Say hello to one of my favorite pizza combos.
This pizza has so much flavor. From the grilled corn to the chili lime chicken to the spicy jalapeños… it only gets better with a big drizzle of lime crema!
I love everything about corn. EVERYTHING. And it’s super delicious for only a few months out of the year here in Pennsylvania. Luckily we are in that time, right this very moment, so we are enjoying all the corn on the cob that we can.
My inspiration for this pizza came from a classic Mexican street corn. I adore street corn with its crisp, creamy and crunchy textures. It’s sweet and savory flavor. I will never pass it up and it’s also one of Eddie’s favorite things too. So taking those flavors and putting them on pizza, along with some chicken?
However! I didn’t want to just throw some mayo and corn and cotija and chili powder on a pizza dough. It felt like it called for a little more. So, chicken to the rescue!
Anytime I use chicken on a pizza, I’m using either a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store or leftover chicken from the fridge. I very rarely will cook chicken just FOR the pizza. Because I want to make my own dough, and then the whole thing just gets too complicated for my life right now. Lesson learned: always have a rotisserie chicken on hand.
The way we’re making it special though, is by tossing it with lots of chili lime seasoning. I love using tajin for just about anything, including rimming margaritas. The lime flavor is so wonderfully pronounced. The chili flavor is not overly spicy. It just makes everything taste better!
A few other things that are necessary for the pizza to come together? I like to do jalapeno pepper slices. Lots of cotija cheese which is crumbly and salty and similar to a parmesan. Tons of fresh cilantro too. And a big old spritz of fresh lime!
Summer pizza doesn’t get any better than this.
Street Corn Pizza with Chili Lime Chicken
Chili Lime Chicken Street Corn Pizza
- 3 to 4 ears corn, grilled or roasted
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, or italian blend cheese
- 1 cup cooked, shredded (or cubed) chicken
- 1 tablespoon tajin, chili lime seasoning, plus extra for topping
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- fresh cilantro, for topping
- fresh lime wedges, for spritzing
- In a large bowl, combine water, yeast, honey and olive oil. Mix with a spoon, then let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes. Add the flour and salt, stirring with a spoon until the dough comes together but is still sticky. Using your hands, form the dough into a ball and work in the additional ½ cup flour, kneading it on a floured surface for a few minutes. Rub the same bowl with olive oil then place the dough inside, turning to coat. Cover with a towel and place in a warm place to rise for about 1 to 1.5 hours.
- At this point, I like to grill the corn! You can use leftover corn, frozen corn that has been cooked, really any corn you enjoy. To grill the corn, I heat the grill to the highest setting. Sometimes I put the ears of corn directly on the grates, other times I wrap them in foil or leave them in the husk until grilled. I turn them for a few minutes over and over until they are slightly charred. Once cool, I slice the corn from the cob.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Sprinkle a bit of flour or cornmeal on a 10x15 inch baking sheet.
- After the dough has risen, punch it down and place it back on the floured surface. Using a rolling pin or your hands, form it loosely into your desired shape. For this recipe, I just rolled out the dough to fit a 10x15 baking sheet. Nothing specific, just rolled to fit!
- Spread the mayo on the dough, leaving a one inch border for the crust. Sprinkle on the cheese. Toss the chicken with 1 tablespoon of the chili lime seasoning until it’s coated well. Place the chicken on the dough, then top with the corn. Top with the jalapenos.
- Place the sheet in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Check on it after 15 minutes - if it’s not deeply golden and melty yet, give it another 5 minutes. Once golden and bubbly, remove it and let it cool for just a few minutes.
- Sprinkle it with the cotija cheese. Add the fresh cilantro and another sprinkle of chili lime seasoning if desired. Spritz with lime. Dollop on some of the lime crema and serve!
- Whisk ingredients together until combined.