Melty Meatball Wraps.
We love these melty meatball wraps! Our favorite ricotta meatballs are tossed in marinara then stuffed in a wrap with pesto and cheese. Toasted until golden and melty, it’s the ultimate satisfying dish!
Now this is my kind of back-to-school meal!
These cheesy meatball melts are wrapped in a crispy tortilla with pesto and mozzarella, toasted until crunchy and warm and wonderful.
It’s comfort food, taken to the next level.
Think meatball sub, but better. Crispier. Cheesier! More herbs!
Okay I think I got the point across.
This meal is our current obsession. These meatball wraps are decadent, super satisfying and a huge win for everyone eating them.
And they are SIMPLE!
Now, I take a bit of the “simple” out of them because I make my own meatballs and pesto. I use my ricotta meatball recipe which is incredible. It’s very easy and straightforward, resulting in super tender and juicy meatballs.
I also make my basil pesto. I can’t even tell you how many batches of this I’ve made in the last few weeks. Maybe five or six? I make a batch at least once a week and throw most of it in the freezer so we can enjoy it all winter long. It’s the best pesto ever.
So here’s how I make the meatball wrap:
The key is using a fairly large tortilla. Like a burrito-size flour tortilla or even one of the large siete tortillas (I like the chickpea ones!).
Spread some pesto in the center of the tortilla.
Add a sprinkling of cheese. Mozzarella, provolone – you know I love the Tillamook italian blend!
Add one to three meatballs. Whichever fits best. Don’t add too many or it won’t seal easily.
Fold up the wrap, then toast it in a skillet. Yes! Until golden and crunchy.
Serve that baby right up.
Oh wow, wow, wow. This wrap is so dreamy. Incredibly filling. So tasty! You can customize it, based on your meatballs and your pesto. And even your cheese.
Not only is this so incredibly delicious (like ridiculously crowd pleasing), it’s also super easy to throw together with leftovers. In fact, I like to make this recipe using only leftovers! So if I have meatballs from a meal earlier in the week, I plan on this a few days later.
It works so well and not just because everyone loves it. But it works because it’s different from the other traditional ways you may have served the meatballs, so it adds variety and excitement to your weekly dinners.
And of course, it’s also an excellent meal to make if you want to use store-bought ingredients. If that works for you right now, this is an awesome way to throw something wonderful together. You just need meatballs, sauce, wraps, cheese and pesto!
Dinner is done.
Melty Meatball Wraps
- This is the easiest way to make the wraps. Of course you can make your own meatballs and pesto linked above, which I highly suggest!
- To make each meatball wrap, spread 2 to 3 tablespoons of pesto in the center of a large tortilla. Top with a sprinkling of cheese. Add 1 to 3 meatballs (depending on size) on top. Sprinkle on some more cheese, both the mozzarella and parmesan.
- Fold up one edge of the tortilla, then the remaining edges until the wrap is closed.
- Heat 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the wrap, sealed-side down, and cook until it’s golden brown and crispy and ultimately sealed shut. Gently flip and cook on the other side until golden and crispy.
- Remove and sprinkle with parmesan, then let cool slightly. Slice and serve!
Cheese FTW forever.