Garlic Bread Pizza.
These garlic bread pizzas are easy customizable and incredible delicious! Roasted garlic butter toasted on french bread and piled high with all of your favorite toppings. Doesn’t get much better than this!!
These garlic bread pizzas are made with roasted garlic butter, toasty french bread and whatever toppings your little heart so desires.
Easy, cheesy and huge crowd pleasers. Especially for kids.
This is one of our favorite fun meals to make at home.
I know, I know. French bread pizza is nothing new. In fact, I shared my first one here on the blog almost 14 years ago.
But making roasted garlic butter and garlic bread, and THEN throwing on some pizza toppings?
Sign me up.
If you’re looking for a delish meal to make at home on a busy weeknight – or even on a Friday night after an exhausting week, or for a house full of kids and their friends, this is it!
The garlic bread gives the pizza a huge flavor pop and makes it taste extra special. So much better than what you get in the frozen foods aisle.
And trust me, I would know. I lived for frozen french bread pizza as a tween!
Let’s do this.
Starting with the garlic bread. There are many ways you can make this.
First, you can roast the garlic and squeeze the cloves into butter and mash. This will take about an hour, but it’s worth it and is also something you can do ahead of time. This is the option I’m including below in the recipe!
Next, you can make garlic confit from Everyday Dinners. And if you have garlic confit on hand, you can mash it into the butter!
Finally, you can always just use some raw garlic, mince it and mash it into the butter. Raw garlic isn’t nearly as good as the caramely, roasted cloves, but it works in a pinch!
I spread the garlic butter on the french bread, then bake it for a little under ten minutes, just to get it going. The butter melts into the bread, the outsides get crisp.
Then come the toppings! Our go-tos are always fresh mozzarella, marinara, pepperoni and sliced sweet peppers. We all love this combo! But of course, the best part of these pizzas is that you can add whatever the heck you want.
It’s just such a great way to make little personal pizzas – and it’s fun for everyone to make their own too!
Garlic Bread Pizza
Garlic Bread Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. To roast the garlic, slice off the top portion of the garlic head to reveal the cloves. Lightly rub back and forth to remove the paper and peel any excess paper off. Pour a bit of olive oil over each bulb. Wrap the bulbs tightly in foil and place in the oven. Roast for 45 to 60 minutes, until the cloves are caramely and golden. Let cool slightly.
- Increase the heat of the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Squeeze the cloves out of the garlic head into the butter. Sprinkle on a pinch of salt and mash well, until the cloves are combined into the butter.
- Slice the french bread in half, then slice the pieces in half lengthwise. Place them on a baking sheet. Spread the butter all over the sliced sides of the bread.
- Bake the bread for 8 to 10 minutes, until slightly golden and the garlic butter is melted in.
- Remove the bread. Top with the marinara and fresh mozzarella. Add on the pepperoni and peppers or any other toppings you’d like.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for another 12 to 15 minutes, until the bread is crunchy and the cheese is melty.
- Top with parmesan and fresh basil. Slice and serve!
Favorite meal forever.