Chocolate Chip Orange Ricotta Pound Cake.
This orange ricotta pound cake is tender, delicious and studded with mini chocolate chips! It’s soft and light while being incredibly satisfying at the same time. It’s a must try!
Sometimes we need a break from holiday cookies.
This orange ricotta pound cake is studded with chocolate chips. It’s incredibly tender and rich at the same time, sprinkled with powdered sugar. A slice is so delicious you won’t even want to eat a holiday cookie.
While I’m all about making special cookies during this season, sometimes a different kind of treat hits the spot. That’s why I love making a christmas cake or, in this case, something super citrusy and sweet.
Loaf cakes are nice to gift someone or a fun treat to take to a party. Plus, just slice and serve! They are so easy and convenient.
For proclaiming that I’m not really a huge orange lover, here I am with another orange dessert for you!!
There is just something so incredibly festive about it.
And while I don’t think I can ever get behind the chocolate oranges, I can get behind this ricotta orange pound cake with chocolate chips.
I want to shout it from the rooftops: I love baking with ricotta cheese! It adds such a wonderful soft texture to whatever you’re baking. It’s so light and fluffy, as well as neutral flavored. So you can add just about anything!
In this case, we add a huge heaping scoop of fresh orange zest to the pound cake batter. I also like to use mini chocolate chips.
The chocolate is the perfect complement to the cake. A bite is chocolatey, rich, citrusy, bright and fresh.
The rest of the ingredients are pretty classic and traditional and the loaf bakes in about one hour. Use the downtime to wrap some presents!
Look at that crumb. Incredible!
Oh my gosh. I wish I could make this every single day!
Ricotta Orange Pound Cake
Chocolate Chip Orange Ricotta Pound Cake
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup freshly grated orange zest
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips, tossed in a pinch of flour
- powdered sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray - I like to use the kind that has flour in it.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter, ricotta and sugar together until combined, being sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl a few times. Beat for about 5 minutes.
- Beat in each egg 1 at a time. Beat in the vanilla extract and the orange zest. Beat the dry ingredients until just combined. Then stir in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Spread the batter in the greased 9x5 inch pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes, then invert the pan and let the cake cool on a wire rack.
- Dust the top with powdered sugar. Slice and serve!