Peanut Butter Blossom Bars.
Peanut butter blossom bars are everyone’s favorite holiday cookie, in bar form! These chewy peanut butter cookie bars are studded with hershey kisses that melt into the bars for the perfect kiss cookie. Slice into bars and serve!
Oh my heavens, it’s the perfect bar.
These peanut butter blossom bars are just like everyone’s favorite cookie, but in bar form.
Chewy peanut butter cookie bars topped with a soft and melty hershey kiss. Baked to perfection. A slightly sugary crunch on top, chocolate that melts into the peanut butter cookie…
Need I say more!?
The real question is: why haven’t I been making peanut butter blossom bars all along?!
I don’t know why I love peanut butter blossoms so much. Sure, the peanut butter chocolate combination will forever be my favorite. I do adore it. And I especially love a chewy peanut butter cookie.
But! I don’t love a hershey kiss – I would eat many other kinds of chocolate before I’d choose the kiss.
However, there is something about how it gets so soft and melty in the oven. It almost turns truffle-like. It is easy to bite through and melts into the peanut butter, really showcasing the best of the best peanut butter chocolate flavor.
And, the nostalgia. Of course, the nostalgia. I am quite possibly the most nostalgic person I know.
Plus, the other thing is that they are just a cute cookie! A little kiss cookie. Adorable, beloved and pretty easy to make.
I’ve been making my grandma’s recipe for years and years. We are talking, like, basically my whole life. Easily for 20 years on my own. And so many of you make them every year too!
So, I took that recipe and made a few adjustments to have it fit a 9×13 inch baking dish. The original recipe makes a lot of blossom cookies!! I can’t say that I will always make the bars over the individual cookies, but these bars are such an awesome switch from the classic.
They are perfect if you need a smaller batch of those cookies. Maybe you just want to make them for dessert tonight. They are also easier because there is no rolling the dough into single balls. No fuss, no mess.
Yet, they are just as deliciously chewy and peanut buttery.
And of course, you can switch up the classic kiss topping with another variety of the kiss or even use a peanut butter cup. You can’t really go wrong with the topping when it comes to chocolate and peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Blossom Bars
Peanut Butter Blossom Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat the butter and peanut butter in the bowl of an electric mixer until creamy and combined.
- Add the sugars and beat on medium speed until fluffy, for 5 full minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating until each is combined. Add in the vanilla extract. Beat in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Press the cookie dough into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle all over with the 2 tablespoons of sugar. Bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the dish and press the hershey kisses into the bars, doing four in a row, leaving about an inch between each. Make sure you press it far enough into the dough so it can melt a bit and be secure once the bars cool. Return the bars to the oven and bake for another 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely. Slice into bars and serve.
New favorite alert!