Thanks to all for playin’ a very tricky Trivia Friday!

The answers:

1. Post-its

2. Grant – but I will also accept MacArthur since this was tricky!

3. The Great Gazoo

Those who qualified are:

Amanda

Julie

Y

Melinda

Shelley

Evan

VeggieGirl

Kristie Lynn

Congrats, guys! Let me know if I missed anyone. The winner will be chose on the last day of this month, so look out.

Are you still incredibly stuffed from Thanksgiving and 3 days worth of leftovers?

Tis’ the season for indulgence!

This tender chicken dish is topped with creamy gorgonzola and salty pancetta – the perfect combination.

I fried the pancetta and let it drain. You can buy pancetta and chop it, but most stores carry pre-chopped pancetta.

IMG_2406

IMG_2407

And dipped the chicken in some beaten egg, then dredged it through a bit of flour.

IMG_2360

IMG_2361

I added a few spices to my flour mixture – salt, pepper, smoked paprika – you can add whatever you’d like.

And just pan-fry until it is brown on each side.

IMG_2362

After it has a nice golden brown color, reduce the heat a bit and allow it to cook through.

Top with a good 1/4 cup of gorgonzola, and once it melts, add the pancetta.

IMG_2408

IMG_2410

It is a very savory dish, and I think it’s goes best with a side of rice or a salad. It balances out the heaviness of the chicken.

Gorgonzola Smothered Chicken with Pancetta

Serves 4

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

2 eggs, beaten

1 cup flour

1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 cup crumbled gorgonzola

1/2 cup chopped pancetta, fried

Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Beat 2 eggs in a large bowl, and add 1 cup of flour (+ paprika, salt and pepper) to a large plate. Dip the chicken in the egg, the dredge through the flour. Add to the skillet and let brown on both sides.

Once chicken is cooked through, add 1/4 cup gorgonzola on each breast, and allow to melt. Remove from pan and transfer to plate. Sprinkle about 1/8 cup of pancetta of top.

IMG_2413

IMG_2412

Feeling a bit sluggish and down from all of the big meals this weekend? Check out how I plan to stay fit this holiday season!

Don’t forget to follow on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. :)

You can also update your readers here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp

17 Responses to “Gorgonzola Smothered Chicken with Pancetta.”

Melinda — November 28, 2009 @ 8:31 am

I love the trivia. It’s the best part of Friday’s! Well close to the best part.

VeggieGirl — November 28, 2009 @ 9:33 am

Yaaay!! I’m thankful that I made the cut, haha :-D

Kristie Lynn — November 28, 2009 @ 9:39 am

Phew. Good thing you accepted MacArthur! :-D

Cara (Cara Craves...) — November 28, 2009 @ 10:21 am

Smothered chicken looks so yum!

Abby (Abby's VeGaN Eats) — November 28, 2009 @ 11:03 am

You need a cookbook/restaurant or something. I sent your blog link to my mom.. hope thats cool :) lol. She loves to cook and I know would enjoy a lot of your recipes (as do I, of course but I have to tweak some of em).

I freaking missed Friday trivia.. ahhh. Next week I gotta be more on the ball!

shelley — November 28, 2009 @ 11:13 am

yay for qualifying!! & that looks really good

xoxo
    shelley

MollyCookie — November 28, 2009 @ 12:28 pm

That looks tasty! I love recipes with gorgonzola. I’m sort of a sucker for it.

The Candid RD — November 28, 2009 @ 12:38 pm

Yum, the PERFECT Italian meal! looks fantastic, my grandmother would be proud :) Too bad I don’t cook like that! I will one day, when I get a bigger kitchen and I have more room for stuff, you know? Now it’s so hard, I can barely fit anything in my kitchen, and Nick and I can’t even cook together, so sad.

Barbara Bakes — November 28, 2009 @ 2:11 pm

The chicken is packed with yummy flavors! Sounds delicious!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — November 28, 2009 @ 3:20 pm

Dairy, poultry, & pork. All in one post! Let me call my husband :)

Anyhooo girl, I am grateful for our friendship and love your recipes, even if I cant always eat them.

BTW, are you a certified personal trainer? Totally random change of topic there. I am off to cruise your bio/about me b/c I am thinking of getting mine…not sure if im gonna go NASM, ACSM, or ACE. If you have yours, any 411 you can provide, the better. I have my RYT-200 for Yoga but would like to get my certif perso trainer credential too. Sorta for fun, sorta for practical reasons. The more holistic and less meathead-ish, the better :)

Light Delight with TouTou — November 28, 2009 @ 4:34 pm

oh mine!!! what a meal!!
    even though I ‘m still stuffed with that big bird, I won’t mind to have this chicken!!! it looks very professional , and of course all the ingredients looks very yuuuuummmy! I love it!

katie — November 28, 2009 @ 7:12 pm

YUM! love gorgonzola cheese!! please gchat with me..haha class can get SO BORING sometimes!

Amanda — November 28, 2009 @ 7:23 pm

This. Looks. Amazing.

Yum.

I LOVE that I FINALLY qualified!! I SOOOOOO want that prize!

Blessings-
    Amanda

Nicci@NiftyEats — November 28, 2009 @ 9:14 pm

Ooh, that looks good and I think black beans on the side would be great with it.

Bianca @ south bay rants n raves — November 29, 2009 @ 1:52 pm

Looks good. Also looks easy! Surprised I didn’t think of this! :-)

Kelly — November 30, 2009 @ 8:41 pm

i really wish you liked another cheese, gorgonzola makes me wanna barf ;)

Cristin — June 24, 2012 @ 9:11 pm

Did a quicker version, just seasoned chicken tenderloins with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika, sauteed until done, put them in a hot cast iron skillet topped with a mixture of gorgonzola, goat cheese, toasted pine nuts, and pancetta, and put in the oven at 450F for a few minutes. Tasty.

Thank you.