When we woke up this morning, my husband made some of his fabulous pancakes.

IMG_2404

They were tasty.

Over the weekend we hung these nifty shelves on one of our kitchen walls.

IMG_2421

I think they are so neat.

Notice the picture of Mother Lovett in the upper right corner. I set it up there so she could ‘look over’ me while I cook and bake.

My husband quickly noted that this was the first time she had looked over me since I was about 8 years old, considering she was 4 feet tall.

We also hung some other funky shelves in our family room. As I was cleaning up, I noticed something new had been set on the shelf.

IMG_2429

Oh, no.

This is not happening.

There is no way that is staying there. I had enough of that before we moved in.

I threatened my husband’s life lovingly let my husband know I was moving that piece of garbage thing, while he was outside fighting with a tree.

IMG_2428

After watching an excruciating Steeler’s loss, we decided to eat our emotions.

Luckily, we made healthy choices.

I started off with a green monster.

GM

GM1

I think this would be the best green monster I’ve ever had. I’m having another one tomorrow morning for breakfast.

We got some protein-packed white-meat chicken.

chick1

chick2

And some iron-packed lean beef.

slider1

slider2

Along with some vegetables on the side.

fries1

fries2

Quite balanced, don’t you think?

The evening ended well.

GM3

After I had to be carried out to the car we replenished our body with these healthy eats, we stopped to visit Eddie’s aunt and my parent’s who just returned from St Maarten.

It was a nice little Sunday. Hope yours was super. :)

18 Responses to “My Favorite Green Monster.”

Maria — November 22, 2009 @ 7:45 pm

Glad you had a good Sunday.

Angie — November 22, 2009 @ 7:47 pm

Love your writing-style!! Always entertaining. Sounds like a great day!

Julie @savvyeats — November 22, 2009 @ 8:26 pm

Wow, you must have gotten all of the recommended fruit and vegetable servings in today, what with that green monster and those veggies! ;)

Shelley — November 22, 2009 @ 9:35 pm

hahaha now that looks like mY kind of green monster for sure! & aww so cute that your husband made you those pancakes :)

xoxo
    shelley

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — November 22, 2009 @ 11:09 pm

Thx for the tough love/yoga/private clients and how you handle them info. I agree. I need to be more that way too with random, slightly snarky and underhanded comments I get. Not overtly nasty but I swear, I just wanna say, then don’t read. Then don’t follow. Be nice or just leave me alone LOL

Green Monster? Girrrrrrl.
    Back in the day, I could seriously drink. I don’t mean a little. I mean I could knock. Some. Tequila.Back. Love love love marg’s. Cadillac, with Midori, With Grand Marnier, it’s all good :)

katie — November 22, 2009 @ 11:22 pm

hahahahaha love that green monster! thats hilarious. prob just as nutritious as the usual green monsters. sounnds like a great sunday-starting off with pancakes!

Melinda — November 23, 2009 @ 5:48 am

I love those shelves. They are neat looking and I like how you have positioned them. We did pancakes too!

The Candid RD — November 23, 2009 @ 6:35 am

Love the new shelves! And, that Green Monster looks like MY KIND of Green Monster! Yeah! That’s too funny that that is really what it’s called. It’s a far cry from the helathy recipe made by bloggers everywhere. I love that.

Kristie Lynn — November 23, 2009 @ 6:51 am

Oh that Green Monster… you have me cracking up over here. Great job *nourishing* your body ;)

Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers — November 23, 2009 @ 6:52 am

lol – your green monster looks 10x more delicious than the others i’ve seen around blogworld. ;)

kay (eating machine) — November 23, 2009 @ 8:47 am

my life would be amazing if i had that sort of green monster for breakfast.
    i should work on it.

John D. — November 23, 2009 @ 9:16 am

Having the Green Monster for breakfast would make everyday a good day!

Courtney F — November 23, 2009 @ 12:36 pm

I love a blog that can promote good healthy, well-balanced meals!! :-)

Martica — November 23, 2009 @ 1:52 pm

My kind of green monster!

Low — November 23, 2009 @ 2:36 pm

Haha love your healthy eats! That’s my idea of a perfect green monster too ;)

Molly — November 23, 2009 @ 2:40 pm

that’s hilarious, I have Green Monsters almost every day, but I think I like yours better!

1. Pingback: The Best Smashed Potatoes. | How Sweet It Is