Buffalo Chicken Dip.
I figured there was not a better party favorite to kick off my appetizer segment than some good ole’ buffalo chicken dip. There are a million variations out there, and I’ve been making this one for about 6 years. It never fails.
This is one of theeeee most-requested snacks at our house. We have even been known to eat this for dinner. Which my waistline just loves.
Buffalo Chicken Dip for life!
The key is combining ranch and blue cheese, and using buffalo wing sauce, not just plain hot sauce.
Occasionally when making this just for the 2 of us, I will use low-fat ingredients. If you are making it for a group, I suggest using all full-fat ingredients. The low-fat cheese doesn’t melt as well, and the cream cheese and dressings don’t combine as smoothly.
I combine it all into a bowl and use an electric hand mixer to beat until smooth.
I always boil my chicken because I think it’s best for shredding, but you can broil or bake it if you’d like. Or use a rotisserie from the grocery store!
I fold in the chicken and some of the shredded cheese.
In this case I grated my own cheese and used colby jack, since I had it on hand. Many times I’ve used a bag of shredded cheese which is one of the reasons this dip is so easy and convenient!
I top it with the rest of the cheese.
And then bake until it is heated through and the cheese on top is bubbly.
We like to serve it with a plethora of dippers.
Bread, pretzels, tortilla chips, crackers, and celery are just a few.
I don’t even like chicken that much, and I can down a big baking dish of this deliciousness.
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of your favorite blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup of your favorite ranch dressing
- 1 cup of Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken breast
- 2 cups freshly grated cheddar cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 375. Spray a pie plate or 8x8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl combine softened cream cheese, ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, and buffalo wing sauce. Using a hand mixer, mix until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Fold in the shredded chicken and 1 1/4 cups of the grated cheese. Pour into the baking dish. Top with remaining grated cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until dip is golden and bubbly. Top with blue cheese, chives and cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips, bread, crackers, and celery.
This is sure to please a crowd. Especially of crowd of stinky, meat-lovin’ boys.
Update your google readers! http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp