Update your google readers!http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp

Find out who won the food processor giveaway!

Did you check out the pumpkin spice balls?

I whipped up these babies last night, intending to frost with pumpkin spice frosting like I usually do.

IMG_2021

I ran out of pumpkin spice frosting. I could have made more, but decided to use up the remaining peanut butter frosting I had left. I also made more chocolate fudge chip cupcakes with peanut butter frosting.

(three guesses on what I had for breakfast this morning.)

Never eaten pumpkin and peanut butter flavors together? PUH-LEEEEASE try! Today!

IMG_2022

Unless of course, you dislike pumpkin (like my husband) or dislike peanut butter (how is that possible??).  Or you are allergic to peanut butter. Or pumpkin.

But really, it is such a delicious combo! If you dislike either, this may change your mind.

IMG_2023

Probably not, but if so, let me know. I’d love to be responsible for creating the undying love between a human and peanut butter and pumpkin.

IMG_2024

1 tablespoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375.

Cream butter and both sugars until fluffy. Add eggs, beating one at a time.  Add vanilla and pumpkin, mixing thoroughly.

Mix flour, powder, soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl. Add half of dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture. Stream in milk while mixer is on low speed. Add the other half of the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Spoon into cupcake molds.

Bakes at 375 for 20-25 minutes. Makes about 24 cupcakes.

I made mini cupcakes and baked for 12 minutes. I got about 48 cupcakes.

Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting

1 8-oz block of softened cream cheese

1 cup softened butter

1 lb powdered sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/4 cup natural peanut butter

Cream ingredients together until thoroughly mixed. If icing seems to thick, add some milk 1 teaspoon at a time. Frost cupcakes or cake.

IMG_2025

My sausage arms aren’t going anywhere anytime soon…

IMG_2026

Still not receiving my udpates since I switched domains? Update your reader here: http://feeds.feedburner.com/howsweeteats/smSp

39 Responses to “Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting”

Estela @ Weekly Bite — November 11, 2009 @ 11:27 am

Jessica, those look soooo good!
    I’ve never had the pumpkin/PB combo before!

boomette1 — November 11, 2009 @ 11:33 am

these cupcakes look perfect. It must be good the peanut butter cream cheese icing with the pumpkin spice muffins. I’m keeping the recipe, thank you for posting it :)

Whitney @ Lettuce Love — November 11, 2009 @ 11:38 am

I swoon — delish :)

Julie @savvyeats — November 11, 2009 @ 11:49 am

How do you not like pumpkin? Or peanut butter? Unless, like you said, you’re allergic…

Mellissa — November 11, 2009 @ 11:55 am

They look so good, a request for some non cream cheese frosting so I can make these too!

kay (eating machine) — November 11, 2009 @ 12:32 pm

mmm those are htings i love

Richelle — November 11, 2009 @ 1:17 pm

Wow I think I just drooled on my desk… I am definitely going to try these!

The Candid RD — November 11, 2009 @ 1:21 pm

You know, it sounds like a really weird combination, but I’ve tried it on my oats and it’s amazing! These cupcakes sounds like perfection to me.

Evan Thomas — November 11, 2009 @ 1:29 pm

That sounds awesome! I love pumpkin and peanut together. A local company makes a pumpkin peanut butter this time of year that’s so delightful

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — November 11, 2009 @ 2:11 pm

Ok a little bummed that I didnt winn your contest….kidding but would have loved to!

But the cream cheese with PB frosting. GRlrrrrrrrllll I think you’ve outdone yourself from yesterday’s frosting if that was even possible :)

Barbara Bakes — November 11, 2009 @ 2:16 pm

Sounds like a fabulous combination to me! Love the frosting swirl!

Melinda — November 11, 2009 @ 3:06 pm

Looks like a good combo, both flavors I like so this sounds goooood! I like how nice your icing looks on the cupcake.

Janna (Just Flourishing) — November 11, 2009 @ 5:29 pm

I just made Pumpkin Scuffins the other day, maybe I will have to try them with a little bit of PB icing! Or maybe even Almond butter… do you think that could work as well?

Reeni — November 11, 2009 @ 5:52 pm

I love both! Never had them together. They look incredibly scrumptious!

Erica — November 11, 2009 @ 6:12 pm

Love PB, love pumpkin so I’m assuming this would be a party in my mouth! Thanks for sharing. Looks AMAZING

Amanda — November 11, 2009 @ 6:16 pm

They look divine! I am VERY impressed with your creativeness!!!

Blessings-
    Amanda

Katrina (gluten free gidget) — November 11, 2009 @ 6:55 pm

YUM-TASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Light Delight with TouTou — November 11, 2009 @ 7:26 pm

Hi Cup cake queen, I HAVEN”T TRY pumpkin and peanut butter flavored cup cake!! PLEEEEASE save me a piece! :-)

Katie — November 11, 2009 @ 8:15 pm

Oh goodness…what insane looking cupcakes. There is nothing better for breakfast…

Sana — November 11, 2009 @ 11:10 pm

You seriously make the best looking desserts! Foodgasm.

Kath — November 11, 2009 @ 11:15 pm

Never tried that combo together. But they look yummy.

sophia — November 12, 2009 @ 1:23 am

PB cream cheese frosting?! Holy shit…That sounds AMAZING!!! Perfect pair with pumpkin spice, too!

Divina — November 12, 2009 @ 3:02 am

I have never combined the too but I trust you. :) Your cupcakes look really good.

brandi — November 12, 2009 @ 7:21 am

i agree about pumpkin + pb! I had those in my oatmeal today :)

Alyssa — November 12, 2009 @ 7:46 am

Oooh, interesting combo! I’ll have to try it. Now that I think of it, the pumpkin and peanut butter should go fabulously together, actually.

Beth @ DiningAndDishing — November 12, 2009 @ 9:05 am

Well I just loooove peanut butter so I think I would like these! And the little swirls of frosting are too cute!

TheKitchenWitch — November 12, 2009 @ 9:48 am

Cupcakes for breakfast? Genius!

Kristen @ Simply Savor — November 13, 2009 @ 7:46 pm

omg i HAD to comment after seeing this because just the title of this post contains 6 of my favorite words! holy yum! this is a MUST TRY! im printing outt his recipe and bringing it to thanksgiving dinner for sure!

Jenny — July 21, 2011 @ 10:42 pm

Just wanted to thank you for the peanut butter frosting recipe. I just tried it today and it tasted amazing!

Alyssa — January 1, 2012 @ 8:40 pm

Absolutely delicious! We decided to only make 1/2 of the frosting and we even had extra. Nice and moist.. and I am 100% a fan of PB/pumpkin combo now! Thanks for a great recipe!

Ann — April 6, 2012 @ 2:21 pm

I came across your website yesterday. Was looking for a peanut butter frosting recipe and found this recipe. I love pumpkin anything and peanut butter. Never in a million years would I have thought about this combinations. Oh my gosh…. these are amazing. Had to go straight home and make them. Hubby, kids, niece and coworkers commented on how delicious these are. Thanks for sharing the wonderful recipe. Looking forward to making more of the recipes you have posted.

Jess — September 20, 2012 @ 4:10 pm

WOW!!!!! Just made these, and they are delicious! Pumpkin + peanut butter = my new favorite combo. I admit, I was a little skeptical, but you were right, they go great together….thanks for another great recipe!

Bonnie Gold — September 30, 2012 @ 10:25 am

I was trying to think of the perfect cupcakes to make my good friend for her birthday. She loves anything pumpkin and I know she likes peanut butter. I just googled pumpkin cupcakes with pb frosting and there you were with a great recipe. You also have a fan that has a posting iof your recipe with your website! She is making 52 different cupcakes in memory if a dear friend that past away. One for each week! She said this was number 13 and her favorite so far.
    Thanks for the recipe, I can’t wait to make them. I will let you know the response.
    All the best.

1. Pingback: Trivia Friday #4! | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: Banana Cupcakes with Chocolate and Peanut Butter Frosting. | How Sweet It Is

3. Pingback: A Healthier Pumpkin Cupcake. | How Sweet It Is

4. Pingback: 52 Cupcakes- #13 Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting | Learn With Jenny

5. Pingback: White Chocolate Reese's Pumpkin Blondies | The Spiffy Cookie