Our weeknight date was perfect. :) Of course, it is now past 11pm and I’m still awake. We are big kids this week, staying up late on school work nights being so excited for Christmas.

Sherlock Holmes was such a great movie! It was funny and the characters were pretty great. I am not the best judge, as I usually enjoy most movies…like, every single one I see.

There was a fight scene at the end that was very high up, and you literally felt like you were right there. My belly was doing somersaults because I am super scared of heights. It was a really fun movie and I am so glad we went to see it. :)

We decided on PF Chang’s before the movie.

I had the most amazing martini – a jade martini.

martini

Gorgeous color, huh? It was Malibu + Midori with a little scoop of honeydew. It was fabulous.

We had not been at PF Chang’s for a loooong time – basically because we are 85 years old, don’t like to leave the house and would rather eat my cooking. Hey – I’m just sayin’!

They have a ‘meals for 2′ special that was very extensive. Soup, appetizer, entree and dessert for 2 for $39.95! Can’t beat that deal. Now only if they would include the drinks…

We started with soup – I had egg drop.

soup

And then I got some veggies in with the lettuce wraps.

lettucewrap

Ugh, nothing like counting a piece of iceberg lettuce as veggies, right? I’ve really been slacking in that department.

I got the kung pao scallops for my entree – this is my favorite meal – and hubby got the spicy chicken.

scallops

chicken

After dinner, we got to pick 2 of 6 mini desserts. We chose tiramisu and cheesecake.

tiramisu

chsck

They were just so-so. The cake was a little stale and the strawberry on top just tasted like jelly. But they were so tiny that we gobbled them up in 2 bites!

And dinner ended with a perfect fortune…

fortune

So true.

My grandma fell on Friday night and is a little banged up. She is doing alright, but she could use your thoughts and prayers! She encompasses everything I want to be in a woman, so I need her to stick around a little while longer since I’m still growing up. Send some love her way please! :)

25 Days of Workouts

WORKOUT #18 – MEDICINE BALL WORKOUT

I am a firm believer in the basics when it comes to exercising. I don’t use a lot of goofy equipment, the bosu is not my favorite, and I think looking great comes down to some hard work. Occasionally, I love throwing in some fun workouts with a medicine ball. I usually use an 8lb or 10lb ball. Hope you enjoy!

Squat while holding ball overhead: 4 sets of 15

Side lunge tapping ball to the floor, and raising in the air when feet come together: 4 sets of 20

Medicine ball pushups: 4 sets of 16 (8 each side, one hand on ball)

Mountain climbers with hands on ball: 30 seconds

Seated russian twists for abs, tapping the ball to each side: 45 seconds

Throw n’ catch sit ups with ball + wall/partner: 4 sets of 15

Any questions – just ask. :)

21 Responses to “Sherlock Holmes + Medicine Ball Workout.”

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) — December 21, 2009 @ 10:11 pm

I hope your grandma gets better soon…hang in there Jessica’s Grammie, my prayers are with you :)

Naomi (onefitfoodie) — December 22, 2009 @ 3:41 am

my thoughts and prayers are with your grandmother, Jess!
    that martini does look delicious, and love the scoop of honeydew :)

I have been to PF changs once it was so-so, nto amazing, but not terrible, then again I am not a huge chinese food fan so maybe that was MY problem! LOVE scallops though!!!

thinking of you and your family!!

The Candid RD — December 22, 2009 @ 5:26 am

PF Chang’s lettuce wraps are my FAVORITE! That’s what I get eveytime I go, I can’t get enough.

Glad you had a nice, “big kid” night last night. Nick and I was lounged around and watched a movie and ate popcorn in front of the tree. Love it!

Abby (Nibble, Nourish, Run) — December 22, 2009 @ 5:30 am

Oh no…hope your grandmother is ok! And love the fortune…!!

katherine — December 22, 2009 @ 5:38 am

My thoughts are with your grandmother, I hope she feels better soon!!

intheskinny — December 22, 2009 @ 6:10 am

Mmm, lettuce wraps are my favorite! Chili’s does a knock off, but they aren’t nearly as good as P.F. Chang’s.

I think I might have to do the medicine ball workout on Christmas when the gym is closed. It looks like a really good workout.

Vera — December 22, 2009 @ 6:22 am

Hope your granny gets better soon! Sending good wishes her way!
    I love medicine ball exercises as I like to add plyometrics moves to my workouts (for my tennis endurance and co-ordination). Thanks for the tips!
    PS. Would you mind if I added your blog to my blogroll? Thanks!

Abby — December 22, 2009 @ 6:37 am

I love PF Changs and their lettuce wraps! And I reallllly want to see the Sherlock Holmes movie too!

I’ll be praying for your G-ma!

Mellissa — December 22, 2009 @ 6:53 am

I hope you grandma is ok! I will be thinking about her.

Morgan — December 22, 2009 @ 6:59 am

I hope your grandma is OK!
    I really want to see Sherlock Holmes. We’ll probably go on Christmas b/c there is nothing else to do! Jewish people always go to the movies and eat Chinese food on Christmas, it’s a must!

Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers — December 22, 2009 @ 7:00 am

hope your grandma feels better fast!
    your week night date night looks awesome. i love those lettuce wraps! also, since i have a huge sweet tooth, i was shocked when i didn’t think too much of those shot-glass desserts either. not so amazing, i agree!

Anne @ the doctor takes a wife — December 22, 2009 @ 7:42 am

PF Chang’s mini desserts make my life. Also I would love to try your medicine ball workout, but unfortunately, that’s the first thing that my little kitty took out when we brought him home a almost 5 months ago now… and I still haven’t gotten around to getting another. wah wah :(

Katrina (gluten free gidget) — December 22, 2009 @ 7:44 am

Sending prayers for your grandma!
    I’ve been wanting to see that movie! It looks brilliant!
    Love the egg drop soup!
    (That concludes the ADD commenting!)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 22, 2009 @ 8:40 am

I hope your Grandma gets better soon … my thoughts are with you.

I really want to see Sherlock Homes – it looks really good.

homecookedem — December 22, 2009 @ 8:50 am

I love PF Changs!!!!! We rarely go out, but PF Changs holds a special place in my heart!! :) Those veggie wraps are amazing!! :)

Emily (A Nutritionisteats) — December 22, 2009 @ 9:03 am

Sorry to hear about your grandma – I’ll be thinking about you and your family!
    PS. Aren’t week-night dates so fun?

julie — December 22, 2009 @ 11:17 am

oh i loveee medicine balls! great workout girl! and those cookies in the next post look super good :) haha i love how the pecans sneak out from the dough

Low — December 22, 2009 @ 12:34 pm

Glad you liked the movie! I’ve been craving PF Chang’s like crazy lately. Looks delish.

I will definitely keep your family and your Grandmother in my thoughts and prayers. I think Grandmas are the most special people ever. So full of love and wisdom. Mine means the world to me.

Kelly B. — December 22, 2009 @ 1:55 pm

I will definitely send out some good vibes for your grandma!!

PF Changs is my favorite! Did you know they have a gluten-free menu? Love that! I am a sucker for the lettuce wraps every time! LOVE IT! I am also a big fan of cashew chicken…seriously the best food ever invented! :)

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad — December 22, 2009 @ 6:37 pm

I’m so sorry to hear about your grandma.

My boyfriend and I are 25 yet 85 at heart as well. We could probably stand to get out for date night more often. ;-)

Mommy RD — December 23, 2009 @ 2:25 pm

Yum, I’ve had that martini at PF Chang’s and it is fabulous!

Great workout – I’m going to have to go back and look at some of the others you posted for inspiration.