I love seafood.

I love it even more when it’s mixed with bacon and cheese.

I love quesadillas.

Why not combine all of that into one tasty treat?

I used my favorite tortillas – La Tortilla Factory.

Not only are they loaded with protein and fiber, they taste delicious. They are also soft and chewy. Perfect, in my opinion!

The avocado and pineapple give the quesadilla’s a bit of a tropical taste.

And the bacon. . .

Well, I think we all know what I think about the bacon.

Like everything else, I garnish my quesadillas with limes.

We love limes. We always have a ton of them, just hanging around our house.

I’m sure it doesn’t have anything to do with the 3 handles of Ketel One in our bar.

When it comes to the crabmeat, don’t skimp. Buy the good stuff. None of that imitation garbage.

I promise you will thank me.

Crab Avocado Quesadillas

inspired by Canyon Ranch

Serves 1

2 whole wheat tortillas

2 oz lump crab meat

1 slice bacon, fried and crumbled

2 slices avocado, chopped

1 tablespoon chopped shallots

1/4 cup low-fat, shredded mozzarella cheese

1 slice pineapple, chopped

Combine all ingredients, except for tortillas and cheese in a bowl.

Heat a skillet on medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Assemble tortillas with ingredients in between. Make sure there is cheese on both the bottom of one tortilla and the top of the crabmeat mixture to act as ‘glue.’

Brown tortilla on both sides until cheese is melted.

Thanks so much for all of your well wishes for Mr. How Sweet! He is still a bit sickly, and I fed him popsicles all night.

When he finally comes to and realizes how little protein he has had, he is going to have a cow.

Literally.

72 Responses to “Crab Avocado Quesadillas.”

Nicole, RD — April 15, 2010 @ 8:49 pm

That is heaven on a plate right there. Major YUM! Crab and avocado are seriously my top 2 favorite foods. Hands down!

Carly @ The Road To Health — April 15, 2010 @ 9:28 pm

Wow, that looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! This is my first time reading and I’ll definitely be back :)

Dee — April 15, 2010 @ 10:21 pm

Oh this looks so good that I am going to make it on Saturday for lunch for my family. Thanks for the post you have a great blog! keep up the good work!!!

MommyTopics.com — April 15, 2010 @ 10:32 pm

I’m just wondering how long I’m going to have to wait until some Genius invents a way to for laptops to cook. I’m wishing there was a button on my keyboard I could click that would prepare these quesadillas of yours and serve them up to me RIGHT NOW!!! Oh my gracious!!! These look deliciously AMAZING!!! I need to go find a snack. I’m not sure anything I have on hand will measure up. *sigh*

terri — April 16, 2010 @ 4:48 am

these look AMAZING. cant wait to try. once again you have wowwed us with pure yumminess! i LOVE la tortilla factory tortillas!!
    have a great day!!

Amanda — April 16, 2010 @ 6:19 am

OH. My. Goodness. Jessica. These are AWESOME!! You seriously need to submit this to every food publication in the history of food… they are totally unique… but MOUTHWATERING!!! You done it girl. You can rest now.

;)

Blessings!
    Amanda

Michelle — April 19, 2010 @ 5:36 pm

have a great day!!

A-Man — April 20, 2010 @ 1:01 pm

The quesadillas you prepared look awesome.

Do not have anything like it in Germany…
    Nice mixture of recipes on your blog.

So long.

Heather — June 14, 2010 @ 11:06 am

hi. let’s discuss crab meat.
    and the good stuff.
    i wont buy immitation crab. i promise.

but, you know how i am with grocery shopping…
    so let’s review.

crab meat should be available in my butcher section of the local market, right?
    near the cod i plan on buying for the fish tacos you made that night you shoveled and why you always get google searches for “mans job fish old bay.” or something.

if my grocery doesnt have it “fresh” is there real crab meet available for purchase in other forms? like tuna? in pouches, perhaps?

or do i just need to go catch my own crabs?
    no. wait.
    i didnt just say that.

Heather — June 14, 2010 @ 11:07 am

cancel that. i just was reading through the comments section and saw your answer – ” ‘Great Blue’ lump crabmeat. It’s near my seafood counter!”
    will be searching!

Maria — November 15, 2011 @ 4:05 pm

Hi, this is such a great recipe! I can only imagine what this must taste like! Thanks for sharing! Again, I shared this with my readers on my blog ‘A Mexican Fiesta’, which I thought they would enjoy enormously: http://www.mexfoodrecipes.com. Check it out for more great recipes like this one. Have a great day, Maria

Staci — February 20, 2012 @ 2:46 pm

This was so delicious! Definitely one of my favorite meals now and so easy to make!! :)

Kelly — July 15, 2012 @ 4:14 pm

Made these today and they were a bit hit with the mr.! Topped with tomatoes and siracha, also added jalapeño. Delicious!

1. Pingback: Running and Gluttony | ReciPeas & Musings