According to my best bud, Heather, if you really want to impress your newest flavor of the month, cooking dinner on the 3rd date is an excellent idea.

I didn’t do this, because Mr. How Sweet’s love cave gave me the heebie jeebies. And I was still busy living at home with my parents since he was robbing the cradle.

Starters: Firecracker Shrimp

Side Salad: Chopped Salad (minus the chicken)

Main Course: Chicken, Bacon and Spinach Flatbread Pizza

Dessert: Ice Cream Crepes

You need

1/2lb shrimp

fresh lettuce + veggies for salad + spinach for pizza

1-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

bacon

ice cream flavor of choice

fresh fruit for crepes

cheeses: cream cheese, parmesan, shredded mozzarella

Game Plan

The day before: Make crepes. Fill with ice cream and freeze. Prepare fruit or fudge sauce for crepes and refrigerate. Grill chicken for pizza. Partially fry bacon for pizza. Refrigerate chicken and bacon. Set table.

The day of: 2 hours before date arrives, prepare dough and let rise. Chop veggies for salad and keep them in separate bowls. 1 hour before date arrives, prep pizza ingredients for quick assembly. 25 minutes before date arrives, make shrimp and assemble pizza. When date arrives, serve shrimp and put pizza in the oven. Assemble salad. 15 minutes before dessert, set crepes out to thaw.

18 Responses to “Menu: It’s the 3rd Date!”

Heather — May 13, 2010 @ 5:33 pm

looooooooooooove this.
    what a great idea.
    will def. be using this…you know…once i find someone worth dating.

ahem.

and dont worry. you will be getting frantic texts throughout the entire process. and photo fashion show in your email box as i try to decide what to wear.

dont you just love me?

Jenna — May 13, 2010 @ 5:37 pm

Mr. How Sweet is a smart man to rob the cradle! He’s got you as a wifey and gets some amazing eats. :) I think my man would love the chicken & bacon pizza!

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — May 13, 2010 @ 5:38 pm

What are the chances I can get my husband to make this for me for once? He’s yet to make cook anything for me besides coffee, which trust me I do appreciate! I think you should do more menu planning!

Julie — May 13, 2010 @ 5:43 pm

This menu looks amazing…I think the pairings sound great!

liane — May 13, 2010 @ 5:48 pm

now, just need to find a guy worthy of this 3rd date menu :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) — May 13, 2010 @ 6:04 pm

woot woot! gotta love dating…and i’m just sayin’…if I were a boy, this would totally make me happy ;)

april — May 13, 2010 @ 6:38 pm

How did I know bacon would be involved :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — May 13, 2010 @ 6:50 pm

did the ambitious bug bite you?!! wtf??! 3 posts in like 12 hrs. dang girl. Could you please send a little of that ambition my way :) love you!

oh and baked beans from three!! posts ago…I love them (as a kid) and as an adult want to make them but have no idea b/c frankly i am the only vegan i know who cannnot make beans. Their long cook time scares me! tips?! Sauce for the baked beans, i will be omitting pork! ha! but any tips on that?

• Jessica — May 14th, 2010 @ 9:13 am

Ok. I will share my BIG secret with you to making beans.

I go to the store, buy a can, and open them up.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — May 13, 2010 @ 9:31 pm

I think that is a great 3rd date menu!!

Amanda — May 14, 2010 @ 5:06 am

I really need to stop reading your blog first thing in the morning. I have such good intentions for the day. Then I see some amazingly culinary feat of yours and am lost. :)

You rocked this girl!

Amanda

Avanika (Yumsilicious Bakes) — May 14, 2010 @ 5:30 am

Bookmarked! I’m sure it’s going to come super-handy :P :)

Anne — May 14, 2010 @ 6:34 am

YUMMY! :)

Anne — May 14, 2010 @ 6:34 am

ps. I didn’t cook on our 3rd date either, I wasn’t very keen on cooking at that time but he cooked for me on our first date. Funny thing is he hasn’t cooked me since :D

Notes from the Fatty File — May 14, 2010 @ 8:13 am

Oh my gah, your husband took bachelor pad to a whole new level! Where are the light-up Corona signs, though?

The first meal I cooked for my now husband was a flop. At the time, I thought it was really good but he confessed a year or so later that he had serious doubts about my culinary skills/sanity after I served my meat-lovin’ guy vegetarian stuffed peppers with –egads– BROWN RICE and a salad on the side. The next time I cooked, I made him steak. He decided to stick around.

Sophie @ yumventures — May 14, 2010 @ 5:54 pm

I agree, cooking definitely impresses, unless you are like me and burn the stew you are making for them and have to re-make it using the non-burnt parts that are left. I’m glad I’m a slightly better cook now!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Menu: It’s the 3rd Date! | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Menu: The Break-Up Meal. | How Sweet It Is