Let’s all collectively unbutton our pants, because that is exactly how you are going to feel by the end of this.

If you are on a diet, you should probably leave.

If you are okay with torturing yourself for the next 5 minutes, please stay.

Brownie Pizza. It is really as mouth-watering and cellulite-causing as it sounds.

I like my regular pizza in triangle slices. I like my dessert pizza in square slices. It makes more and serves more. A win-win situation in my eyes.

Rarely is a dessert too sweet or too rich for my liking. I could eat sweets for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I sometimes do. I can eat spoonful after spoonful of thick chocolate cake with frosting so sweet that it hurts your teeth.

Nothing phases me. Nothing, I tell you.

This may have almost phased me.

It is that rich and decadent. Delicious doesn’t even begin to describe it.

As I did with the fruit pizza, the layer of cream cheese was going to simply be a mix of cream cheese and whipped topping. Light and fluffy.

But then I thought of something dangerous.

I could picture the full container of cream cheese frosting that I had in the freezer, leftover from making red velvet cupcakes last weekend.

Dare I do it? Dare I add more butter, more sugar, more thigh-plumping goodness?

Yes. Yes, of course I do.

And that is when I lost my mind.

I took the remaining cream cheese frosting and used it as the first layer.

If there was ever a sin so sinful in dessert making, this would be it.

Brownie Pizza

inspired/adapted from Paula Deen

1 box brownie mix

1 cup sliced strawberries

1 banana, sliced

1/2 cup toasted coconut

caramel sauce, for drizzling

12 fun-sized candy bars, chopped (I used Snickers)

1-2 cups cream cheese frosting

Preheat oven to 350.

Prepare brownie mix per directions. Spread batter either on a round pizza pan, or a square baking sheet. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until brownie is baked through. Let cool completely – I stuck mine in the fridge.

Spread cream cheese frosting (or whichever mixture you choose) on brownie in a thin layer. Add toppings and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving.

I took the brownie pizza to a party Friday night.

Really, I just wanted to keep the entire thing to myself, but I wanted Mr. How Sweet to be able to fit his arms around me the next day.

I did keep a row at home for us, mainly because it would not fit aesthetically on the tray I took to the party.

I was pulling said row out Saturday morning, fully intent on eating the entire thing for breakfast, when I shattered the light bulb in our refrigerator. Broken glass splattered all over my brownie pizza, sticking to the frosting like glue.

I seriously contemplated still eating it, focusing more on the chewy brownie and gooey frosting than the shards of glass that would cut my throat.

I am telling you – it was an omen.

My pants are screaming. They had enough brownie pizza.

94 Responses to “Brownie Pizza.”

Mary — June 7, 2010 @ 1:19 pm

I’m gaining weight just looking at these pictures! I can’t WAIT to try these!

xxMK
    Delightful Bitefuls

Fit Chick in the City — June 7, 2010 @ 1:20 pm

I think you should start a clothing company, so that when we all out grow our clothes from making your delicious recipes, you can then make money selling us clothes in bigger sizes. =)

valen — June 7, 2010 @ 1:20 pm

That dessert sure does look sinful and addictive! But delicious!
    I see you don’t like vegetables and wanted to give you a few helpful tips, but I’m sure you already know. Have you tried a green smoothie? With spinach, you can’t taste it. You could get your whole days worth of produce in one smoothie. Also, I didn’t use to like vegetables until I was forced to eat them every day, several times a day (for a food sensitivity diet). I started out having steamed veggies with a drizzle of quality olive oil and salt, have you tried it? Broccoli, asparagus, peas, green beans, they are all good this way. Now vegetables are sometimes 90% of my diet. Steamed cabbage is my new favorite and baked sweet potatoes.

The smoothie changed my life, I highly recommend it.

I also see that you were a personal trainer and I’m wondering what your job is now? I’m young and still trying to decide what career to pursue and being a personal trainer is one of my interests, so I’m really curious. Thanks!

megan — June 7, 2010 @ 1:54 pm

oh my gosh. next family get together (4th of july?), I am making this! I can’t make it just for me and mike, it’s too dangerous. i want to eat it now!

Paige (RAN) — June 7, 2010 @ 2:00 pm

OMG the light bulb fell in! I would have cried. Lucky party go-ers, though:)

Anne @ the doctor takes a wife — June 7, 2010 @ 2:28 pm

This looks awesome–totally reminds me of my mom’s veggie pizza recipe. Except way better ;)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — June 7, 2010 @ 3:04 pm

that looks off the chain girl omg.
    DROOL

and yeah, id love to come stay w/ you during my move…except all hell would break loose and it would never happen. a woman MUST be in charge of these things :)

Sophie @ yumventures — June 7, 2010 @ 4:25 pm

Oh my *expletive*! AMAZING! What a creative and amazing idea. I go over the top with my food all the time. All of those layers — who needs vegetables?!

april — June 7, 2010 @ 4:59 pm

OH my word that looks heavenly!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — June 7, 2010 @ 5:06 pm

Oh no you didn’t!!!!! Decadent doesn’t even begin to describe that masterpiece!!

Nicole @ Making Good Choices — June 7, 2010 @ 5:18 pm

I think if I brought this into work everyone would love me and hate me at the same time. This looks incredible!

Sharlene — June 7, 2010 @ 5:20 pm

What a great way to make sinful brownies even MORE sinful! But the strawberries and banana very clearly balance out any sinfulness. Clever. Very clever.

Jenna — June 7, 2010 @ 5:22 pm

Oh, MY GOD! Are you kidding me with this? My pant would be screaming, too, but totally worth it.

That’s SINFULLY GOOD, oh my.

Katherine — June 7, 2010 @ 6:21 pm

How cute! This reminds me of when I was in elementary school and instead of bringing in a cake on my birthday, I brought in rice krispy pizza with candy toppings inside of a real pizza box!

Yum Yucky — June 7, 2010 @ 7:33 pm

how in the hell do you come up with this stuff

christina — June 8, 2010 @ 7:23 am

these bars look so freaking delicous! strawberry AND coconut!? mmmm

Mary (A Merry Life) — June 8, 2010 @ 10:08 am

Oh dear lord, that looks delicious. I want to make this soooo bad, so I’ve gotta wait until I have a party or something to go to, because I know otherwise it would be ALL MINE. Om nom.

Kim — June 8, 2010 @ 10:09 am

GIRL!!!! You have outdone yourself with this brownie pizza!!! This looks incredible, but unless I could only make a single serving, I know I’d eat the whole thing or make myself very, very sick trying… Beautiful, beautiful desert!!!! You are truly, truly gifted!!!!

ka

grace — June 8, 2010 @ 11:05 am

now that is my kind of pizza!

Erin — June 8, 2010 @ 11:43 am

Seriously, that is ridiculous. Can’t WAIT to try it :)

Faith @ lovelyascharged — June 8, 2010 @ 5:47 pm

Holy moley that looks intensely decadent! It’s like cookies and candy and brownies all rolled into one, plus fruit. Dang, was there any sweet that recipe didn’t hit? I mean, serve it with a scoop of ice cream and BAM!

Foxy — June 9, 2010 @ 2:55 am

I would sell one of my kidneys for a slice of your brownie pizza. Oh.My.

Bianca@ South Bay Rants n Raves — June 9, 2010 @ 3:27 pm

Perhaps i should suggest this for my sweets loving friend for girls night in. What’s another five lbs right?

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — June 9, 2010 @ 7:22 pm

Oh my… Looks amazing.

I have to tell you, every time I read your site I always think to myself “She’s a personal trainer, so this can’t be THAT unhealthy, right?” I’ll keep telling myself that.

Tracey — June 11, 2010 @ 1:16 pm

This looks so freakin amazing and my pants are tight just looking at the picture, but I must try it :)

Eliana — June 13, 2010 @ 7:42 pm

Pass me a slice please – this is the best looking pizza I have seen in a long time!

Kacie — June 23, 2010 @ 1:30 pm

I made this for my dad for father’s day!!!! TURNED OUT BETTER THAN EXPECTED!!!!! Sooooooooo gooooooood!! :D

Avanika (Yumsilicious Bakes) — July 4, 2010 @ 9:45 am

I can’t believe you made the sinful brownies into just a vehicle to carry so much awesome goodness!

Ingrid — October 11, 2010 @ 3:31 pm

What a great idea! Can’t wait to try this!

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner — December 31, 2010 @ 6:24 pm

Brownie Pizza — the best pizza out there!

Elizabeth — April 26, 2011 @ 7:36 pm

I’m angry with you for posting this. That means I eat them and that means they are so good that my life will never be the same and every thing I eat henceforth will pale in comparison.

But seriously. It was like eating magic.

Elizabeth — May 9, 2011 @ 9:50 pm

I thought I’d let you know that since the last comment I made, I’ve made this three more times. I’ve never had so many compliments in my whole life. People keep saying it’s the best brownie they’ve ever eaten. And I even got a death threat from someone if I didn’t make more. You’re quite the brownie mastermind.

Diane — May 25, 2012 @ 5:10 pm

You have an outstanding website, great recipes, and I love reading your stories. I hesitate to say this, because some people don’t want to know if they’ve used a word incorrectly or spelled one wrong, but some people want to know, so I’ll take a chance here:

The word you wanted was “faze” and “fazed” and “fazes” not phase and it’s variations. If I have offended you, please forgive me, that was never my intention. And please feel free to delete this message or not post it. Best to you, Diane

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Brownie Pizza. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com