If all vegetables were covered in bread crumbs and cheese, I would surely eat them.

Like the rest of veggies, I want nothing to do with artichoke hearts unless they have the proper seasoning or are floating in a big bowl of oooey, gooey cheese.

I sometimes do enjoy the flavor of them on their own, at least for a few bites. Maybe it’s the texture that throws me off?

My most favorite way to eat artichokes is by stuffing them, but these come in at a close second.

They make a great side dish, or even a meal in my case. Once I start eating them I can’t stop, so there is rarely room for anything else.

Except bacon. You know there is always room for bacon.

Parmesan Baked Artichokes

1 14oz can artichokes in water, drained

1/4 cup panko bread crumbs

1/4 cup parmesan cheese

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 tablespoon italian seasoning

1/4 teaspoon sea salt

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 oz freshly shaved parmesan

Preheat oven to 375.

Layer artichokes in a baking dish. Drizzle olive oil on top. Season with salt, garlic and italian seasoning. Add bread crumbs and 1/4 cup parmesan on top. Bake for 15 minutes.

Remove artichokes from oven and turn on broiler. Top with shaved parmesan and broil for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown.

I don’t think you can ever go wrong by covering something cheese. Am I right or am I right?

63 Responses to “Parmesan Baked Artichokes.”

The Duo Dishes — June 21, 2010 @ 10:54 am

If there is cheese, you cannot go wrong!

The Waspy Redhead — June 21, 2010 @ 5:12 pm

This looks amazing!

Caroline — June 22, 2010 @ 4:50 am

Artichokes + Cheese = One of the most decadent combos ever! Great recipe!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — June 24, 2010 @ 1:35 pm

Ooh… I love artichokes! This looks like a great dish. Thanks for sharing :)

sheila @ Elements — August 11, 2010 @ 1:07 pm

Wow…that looks incredible!!! I’m definitely going to make this!! thanks so much for the recipe! :)

sheila @ Elements — December 25, 2010 @ 10:05 pm

I finally got around to making these this morning and we really enjoyed them for our Christmas breakfast. They were light and the perfect way to start the day! :)

Elizabeth — June 17, 2011 @ 10:32 pm

I made these last night, they were delicious!!! Thanks for the recipe!!!

Shannon A — September 21, 2011 @ 11:22 am

I made these last night, and they were so, so yummy!! LOVE artichokes :)

Sara — February 18, 2012 @ 1:45 pm

I made this today and it felt like the amounts in the recipe were off, or I did something wrong! The recipe calls for one 14-oz can of artichokes, but it looks like a lot more in these photos… I only had 6-7 hearts in my can and ended up halving them. The seasonings seemed like too much for the amount of hearts I had… I reduced the Italian seasoning to 2 tsps and still found it to be too much. Did I miss something?

• Jessica — February 19th, 2012 @ 11:47 am

14 oz cans of artichokes come in different “counts” which basically means size. Your’s were probably pretty large being that there were only 6-7 in there, but next time check out the different counts and you will probably see some as 10-12 or even 12-14, depending on brand. Any of them are fine for the recipe, it’s really based on preference. Not sure about the seasoning though – I use that amount of seasoning and it is fine for us but everyone is different!

Jamie — May 13, 2012 @ 2:27 pm

Wife just rustled this up and it might just be my favorite new way to eat artichokes. Thanks for sharing.

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Parmesan Baked Artichokes. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Parmesan Baked Chicken & Artichoke Penne