I fully intended on sharing a delicious, bacon-filled recipe with you today, but then I remembered that I didn’t have any bacon.

Fail. And yes, I was way too lazy to go buy any.

So I decided to make something else, but then I was deterred because Mr. How Sweet was running sprints on the treadmill downstairs and was screaming obscenities at himself. It just scarred me for life. And it was loud and annoying. So I curled up on the couch and continued laying around.

In that case, I’m leaving you with a recycled, cop-out post of some of my favorite meals that can be made in 30 minutes or less. And I’m not talking about made in the Rachael-Ray-I-already-have-everything-strategically-sitting-out-on-my-counter-30-minute way. As long as you have looked at the recipe beforehand and have the ingredients at home, 30 minutes should do the trick!

Healthy Loaded Nachos

You can add whatever you want on these. Especially bacon. I highly recommend it.

Mango Colada Parfait

Definitely won’t take you 30 minutes for this one. It’s a favorite meal!

Pizza Pasta

Yes, your pizza may have veggies on it. Please feel free to add them on. But don’t expect me to.

Crab Cakes

I’ve been making these crab cakes for years – the secret ingredient is sauteed peppers and onions. They always get rave reviews!

Multigrain Waffles

Breakfast for dinner is the best. And sometimes totally necessary.

Southwest Chicken Salad

I had to include a salad here because if I didn’t, well… you’d probably judge me. But it is a good one.

Lightened-Up Four Cheese Mac and Cheese

I make these in ramekins for easy portion control. Not that it really matters anyway… we just end up eating 3 or 4 each.

BBQ Chicken Quesadillas

Anytime I make these for myself, Mr. How Sweet ends up eating them all. Not fair.

What is your favorite quick and easy meal? I’ve had a mental block lately.

76 Responses to “8 Quick and Easy Meals.”

Ellen@FirednFabulous — August 14, 2010 @ 5:06 pm

Hello, foodgasms! Seriously, I don’t know how you do it. I want to stick my face into EVERY dish you post!

Katie — August 14, 2010 @ 6:22 pm

When I looked at your nachos photo, my stomach literally growled. That is exactly what I want to eat right now, but I don’t have any of the ingredients. Dang it.

My favorite quick meal is a bowl of roasted/grilled veggies with some chicken on top. Not really your style, I know – but you did ask. :-)

sophia — August 14, 2010 @ 7:08 pm

Not to sound bitchy, but it makes me feel JUST a TEENSY bit better that you, the amazing, ingenius, fantastically creative gourmet queen, has mental blocks too. ;-p
    My favorite quick and easy meal: sliced zucchini and onion, sauteed in hot spicy sausage. Topped with cheese, toasted breadcrumbs, and poached runny egg.

Mimi (Damn the Freshman 15) — August 14, 2010 @ 7:15 pm

These are great for me too! I’m a college student, so sometimes I just need something yummy and fast. These fit the bill!

Teens Eat — August 14, 2010 @ 8:45 pm

Wow! You just gave me so many great meal ideas. I already have made hot wing quesidilla’s before, but never bbq chicken ones. They look amazing. I think I will have to make those and your mango colada parfait soon!

-Court

Sarah — August 15, 2010 @ 7:37 am

I love tossing some tuna on a salad or in a pita with a dressing of mustard mixed with lemon juice. I also love peanut butter sandwiches because I’m secretly five years old :)

Krista (kristastes) — August 15, 2010 @ 9:41 am

All of those recipes are mouth-watering! My current favorite simple/fast meal is shakshuka! Or the good old pita/flatbread pizza – olive oil, pear, gorgonzola cheese, and pine nuts on lavash…excellent combo!

Katie @ cozydelicious — August 15, 2010 @ 5:28 pm

Can you just come and cook all of these yummy things for me??? It would make my week so much more fun! Anyway… I am all about the quick and easy dinner. I have been going for anything grilled lately – grilled quesadillas (awesome b/c no grease!) and grilled pizza and kebabs and even grilled peaches. Yum!

Alisa - Frugal Foodie — August 15, 2010 @ 6:38 pm

So much heavenly goodness! The crab cakes and waffle have me in a trance.

Barbara Bakes — August 15, 2010 @ 9:13 pm

They all look like great meals worth repeating!

Lindsay — August 16, 2010 @ 4:19 am

My tummy is totally growling right now. :) My favorite easy go to meal would have to be homemade pizza. I love being able to get so creative with my toppings and picking whatever strikes my fancy that day.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — August 16, 2010 @ 8:52 am

I love pita pizzas! You throw some tomato sauce on and your fave toppings then bake them for 10 minutes at 400. They are crispy, and delish!

Anne@ Food Loving Polar Bear — August 16, 2010 @ 10:10 am

My favourite? I think the new love in the kitchen is FRIED CHICKEN! thank you so much for the inspiration, I’ve been drooling over yours for so long and now I FINALLY made them :)

Amanda — August 17, 2010 @ 7:22 am

You know I LOVE when you do these posts. Its like you just plan the menu for my parties for me!!! Awesome job as always!

Amanda

Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) — August 19, 2010 @ 2:16 am

um… yum.

heather — August 25, 2010 @ 9:58 am

dear post titled “8-quick and easy meals”

thank you for existing.
    thank you for being here for me to read on Rachel Ray’s birthday. (aug 25)
    thank you for reminding me that How Sweet Jess is SO MUCH BETTER than rachel ray.
    not that i dont love rachel ray.
    i do.
    i love her.
    but not as much as i love Jess.
    i mean seriously. this post.
    its going on my favorite posts ever list.
    BEST RESOURCE POSTS.

love ya like a sister!
    xo

• Jessica — August 25th, 2010 @ 10:03 am

Um, I’m sorry but Aug 25th is not known as her birthday. It’s known as ALEXANDER SKARSGARD’s birthday.

If you don’t know him, google him. Better yet – google IMAGE him.

• heather — August 25th, 2010 @ 10:18 am

a) i google image searched him the other day after your tweet

b) i dont think he’s THAT attractive. i mean, he’s no Rob Lowe.

Food Lover — January 1, 2013 @ 4:27 am

Yummy I love this posy :) thanks for sharing!

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention 8 Quick and Easy Meals. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com