We have a new favorite meal.

And yes, I said “we.”

I know that you may think that our “meals” consist of Mr. How Sweet chomping on steak while I munch chocolate-covered bacon.

And while that is mostly true, I do need some real food every once in awhile.

Buffalo Chicken Burgers I howsweeteats.com

I figured since we love buffalo chicken dip, buffalo chicken pizza and buffalo chicken tenders so much, why not create buffalo chicken burgers?

Perfect with a side of celery and bacon ranch dressing.

Buffalo Chicken Burgers I howsweeteats.com

Obviously I didn’t eat the celery since green veggies make me cry, but I did taste the bacon ranch dressing.

Like that was even in question.

Buffalo Chicken Burgers I howsweeteats.com

The burgers were so delicious.

It is rare that I want meat, but I practically devoured this.

I was afraid Mr. How Sweet wouldn’t like it. I’m not sure why. I guess I thought that it may scare him off since it is not regular old burgers like he is used to. When it comes to meat, the man doesn’t like change.

But he loved them too. In fact, his word was “obsessed.” And he is not nearly as dramatic as I am.

So I knew they had to be great.

Buffalo Chicken Burgers I howsweeteats.com

Buffalo Chicken Burgers

makes 4-6 burgers

1 lb ground chicken breast

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1/2 tablespoon italian seasoning

1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce

1/2 cup parmesan cheese

2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese

bacon ranch dressing + buffalo wing sauce for topping

4-6 whole wheat buns

Preheat grill or skillet.

In a large bowl combine ground chicken, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, parmesan and buffalo wing sauce. Mix until just combined. Form into patties.

Grill or pan-fry patties until brown on both sides and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. In the last 2 minutes, place 1/2 ounce of cheddar cheese on each burger. Place burgers on whole wheat buns and top with a drizzle of bacon ranch (I used Kraft) and buffalo wing dressing.

Buffalo Chicken Burgers I howsweeteats.com

Don’t worry, that is just buffalo wing sauce and bacon ranch dressing spilling out of the side up there. No need to run away in fear. Unless you are running to make these. Which is something I highly suggest.

131 Responses to “Buffalo Chicken Burgers.”

Tabitha (From Single to Married) — August 30, 2010 @ 4:02 am

Alright, you’ve convinced me. I’m going to add this to the list to make this week – looks fantastic!

Becca — August 30, 2010 @ 4:05 am

It’s 6am and it looks so good, I want one for breakfast!

Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl — August 30, 2010 @ 4:11 am

Mmm looks good. The best part? It involves a grill which the hubby won’t let me use which means HE gets to do half of the cookin’!

Chrissy — August 30, 2010 @ 4:13 am

I’m going to make these sometime. Too often I end up making what my guy wants, but I want more birds and fewer mammals.

Erica — August 30, 2010 @ 4:17 am

Josh is a big buffalo chick fan as well. Book marked ;) Hope you guys had a nice weekend. Ugh- Monday!

Nicole, RD — August 30, 2010 @ 4:17 am

Those look amazing! I want that for lunch!

Kim in MD — August 30, 2010 @ 4:25 am

This looks amazing! My husband would LOVE this! Question, though- you mentione bacon ranch dressing, but I don’t see bacon in the ingredient list. Did you add bacon to your ranch dressing? Thanks, Jessica! I am making this for dinner tonight! :-)

• Jessica — August 30th, 2010 @ 4:34 am

Nope – I just used Kraft bacon ranch. I just added that in the recipe. :)

• Kim in MD — August 30th, 2010 @ 4:52 am

Thanks, Jessica!

amanda — August 30, 2010 @ 4:32 am

Looks delicious and I am all for anything that has buffallo chicken in the recipe title!

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — August 30, 2010 @ 4:43 am

If I were to start eating meat again…it would be for this! I love hot/spicy and this looks perfect! Glad you two found some common ground on the meat front. Have a great week Jessica!

Abby (Nibble, Nourish, Run) — August 30, 2010 @ 4:48 am

Oooh yay! I’m ALWAYS looking for new chicken recipes…and this one certainly seems to be boy friendly which is a plus! And I love the flavors!

Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) — August 30, 2010 @ 4:53 am

We love buffalo chicken sandwiches! I’ll have to try your recipe next time…..especially since football season is a week away – they are perfect for football!!

I usually throw my chicken in the crock pot, shred it when it’s done and then add my buffalo sauce and seasonings. Yum =)

Tina — August 30, 2010 @ 4:56 am

Yum. I love all things buffalo style.

Heather — August 30, 2010 @ 5:15 am

DROOLing over here…is it weird to want these at 6:15am? I think not…

Estela @ Weekly Bite — August 30, 2010 @ 5:29 am

Yum! I need to make these for my husband! He’ll love em’ :)

Lauren at KeepItSweet — August 30, 2010 @ 5:31 am

oh these look awesome… wonder how they’d be with blue cheese instead of cheddar…..

Jessica@tastyandtrim — August 30, 2010 @ 5:51 am

I have an obsession with buffalo sauce, so these burgers are right up my alley! I put frank’s red hot on everything from eggs to soup. Can’t wait to try these out :)

alison — August 30, 2010 @ 5:56 am

These look and sound amazing!

Kristy — August 30, 2010 @ 6:04 am

I’ve been on a buffalo chicken kick lately, so excited to try this burger!!! Thanks for sharing!! :) Can’t wait to try it!!!

Matt — August 30, 2010 @ 6:07 am

Where is the bacon?

• Jessica — August 30th, 2010 @ 6:18 am

There is bacon in the ranch dressing… is that good enough? ;)

• Matt — August 30th, 2010 @ 6:48 am

Courtney @ Bread & Bokeh — August 30, 2010 @ 6:15 am

I loved all our other “buffalo” recipes! Now I MUST try this one!!! Keep the buffalo coming! :)

Devon — August 30, 2010 @ 6:22 am

Ok, yum!!!! Can’t wait to try it!

Taylor — August 30, 2010 @ 6:44 am

Yum! I have a feeling that when I make these they will become a favorite of mine and my boyfriends…we both LOVE buffalo chicken anything!

Kristina @ spabettie — August 30, 2010 @ 6:49 am

oh GAAH, I love anything with buffalo sauce… this looks SO amazing and I’m not even a fan of chicken. at all.

…but I want this for BREAKFAST. right now. ;)

you’ve done it again, Miss.

Sophie @ yumventures — August 30, 2010 @ 6:50 am

I need to make these before summer ends! Luckily it will be in the 90s in Boston today

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — August 30, 2010 @ 6:56 am

What is it with men and their burgers? I practically need to trick John into eating things sometimes so he can realize that he loves it.

Kim @ Two Good Cookies — August 30, 2010 @ 7:17 am

My Gent and I…we…are going to love these. Let’s just say the English don’t have much to do with buffalo sauce. I’m on a mission to change that. Starting with these! Thanks for sharing!

Naomi(oneFF) — August 30, 2010 @ 7:22 am

jason would LOVE THESE!! omg omg…anything buffalo chicken..I need to make them for him!

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) — August 30, 2010 @ 7:30 am

Andy would love these. He is obsessed with anything that includes buffalo wing sauce.

I’ve been curious about that bacon ranch. I need to find an excuse to buy it.

Wei-Wei — August 30, 2010 @ 7:42 am

YUM. YES. Chocolate covered bacon does sound good though…

Kelly — August 30, 2010 @ 7:57 am

It’s great that you found something that fit both of you and I could see why, these sound like definite crowd pleasers.

Abby — August 30, 2010 @ 8:12 am

If I ever start eating meat again, it will be because of you. That looks delish!

Tracy — August 30, 2010 @ 8:16 am

I love buffalo chicken anything, so I definitely want to try these burgers! I bet hubby would love ‘em too!

Sara — August 30, 2010 @ 8:21 am

How is it that I have never considered making burgers out of ground chicken before? Ack! What a great idea! Yummmmm…

Kacy — August 30, 2010 @ 8:29 am

Yum! You had me at buffalo sauce. I can eat pretty much anything doused in the stuff. I sometimes order celery and ranch by itself at restaurants. I’m that classy.

Maria @ Oh Healthy Day — August 30, 2010 @ 8:34 am

Oh my. This is too good to be true. I kind of want one right now, for breakfast.

Anne@ Food Loving Polar Bear — August 30, 2010 @ 10:24 am

OMG!!!!!! what a delicious meal!

Jackiefo — August 30, 2010 @ 10:32 am

making this for dinner tonight – sounds amazing!!

Blond Duck — August 30, 2010 @ 10:40 am

I’ve always wanted to try chicken burgers. These look great!

Katie — August 30, 2010 @ 10:48 am

I love messy burgers…it makes me feel like I am in a sexy carl’s jr. commercial where the buger is just dripping all over the hot girl. I want to be that girl with this burger.

Also, celery is the BEST vehicle for yummy sauces/peanut butter/everything.

Mary (What's Cookin' with Mary) — August 30, 2010 @ 10:54 am

Loooooooove me some buffalo chicken! This recipe looks great Jessica. I make buffalo chicken in my crockpot and then make sandwiches with whole wheat kaiser rolls. Always a crowd please and so simple to throw together. Put a link below in case anyone is interested ;)

janetha g. — August 30, 2010 @ 11:18 am

ohmygoodness! this one is on the menu ASAP. i love buffalo chicken anything! thanks for the great ideas as always!

Ellen @FirednFabulous — August 30, 2010 @ 11:28 am

Ohmygosh, YUMMM. I would totally win girlfriend of the year award if I made this for the bf!

Holly — August 30, 2010 @ 12:02 pm

i have to stop reading your blog and recipes during work. it only makes me hungry, despite the fact i ate lunch less than one hour ago.

Yum Yucky — August 30, 2010 @ 12:13 pm

Good idea! I need a change-O pace from regular burgers and chick parm sammiches.

Megan (Braise The Roof) — August 30, 2010 @ 12:21 pm

Those are some handsome burgers. What brand of buffalo sauce did you use? I’m still trying to find “my” brand…

Sandy a la Mode — August 30, 2010 @ 12:40 pm

my these look absolutely DELICIOUS!! i’m drooling all over my keyboard as i type! :P

Leah @ Why Deprive? — August 30, 2010 @ 12:52 pm

Oh my goodness!! These look amazing. I’d actually be willing to touch raw chicken to make them.

Dana — August 30, 2010 @ 12:57 pm

These look AMAZING! I bet we would be obsessed with them around here, too!

homecookedem — August 30, 2010 @ 1:08 pm

I’m in love with anything buffalo chicken! These burgers look like something Andrew and I would LOVE!! :)

Jessica — August 30, 2010 @ 1:13 pm

Love this recipe. How easy could it be? Thanks for the new dish!

1. Pingback: what’s cooking good lookin | While I Breathe I Hope

2. Pingback: Talkin’ Bout My Generation: Eats. | stephanie olesen.

3. Pingback: Flower Friday! « Greek Yogurt & Apple Slices

4. Pingback: Peanut Butter Fingers » Buffalo Chicken Burgers

5. Pingback: Food after post op - ThinnerTimes - Gastric Bypass Forum, Lap Band Forum, and Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum

6. Pingback: buffalo chicken burgers | brooklynn's balance

7. Pingback: Bargain Finds & Buffalo Chicken Burgers…. « With a Side of Hope

8. Pingback: Chicken, Bacon and Caramelized Onion Macaroni & Cheese by How Sweet It Is | The Family Kitchen

9. Pingback: The Vegan Diaries: And then there was one… « Anywho…

10. Pingback: BBQ Chicken Burgers | How Sweet It Is

11. Pingback: Holy Yum – Buffalo Chicken Burgers | My Bizzy Kitchen

12. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Burgers « the recipe mooch

13. Pingback: Asian Turkey Burgers with Spicy Lime Mayo. | How Sweet It Is

14. Pingback: Perfect Presents for Him

15. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Burgers | Kathleen's Mean Bean Machine

16. Pingback: celebrate – football {buffalo style!} | Café Zupas

17. Pingback: 25 Super Bowl Recipes | How Sweet It Is

18. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Burger and Italian Chicken Burger « IamSimplyTia

19. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Burgers « Livin' Life In Louie

20. Pingback: BBQ Chichen Burgers « Shelly Speaks

21. Pingback: BBQ Chicken Burgers « Shelly Speaks

22. Pingback: Savor Local Flavor | Festival Foods Blog

23. Pingback: The Galanter's Kitchen » Buffalo Chicken Burgers with Cheddar

24. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Burgers & Garlic Cilantro Fries | What's Cooking In My Kitchen

25. Pingback: Buffalo Chicken Burgers | Home Recipes Catalog