Buffalo Chicken Burgers.
We have a new favorite meal. Buffalo chicken burgers!
And yes, I said “we.”
I know that you may think that our “meals” consist of Mr. How Sweet chomping on steak while I munch chocolate-covered bacon.
And while that is mostly true, I do need some real food every once in awhile.
Obviously I didn’t eat the celery since green veggies make me cry, but I did taste the bacon ranch dressing.
Like that was even in question.
The burgers were so delicious.
It is rare that I want meat, but I practically devoured this.
I was afraid Mr. How Sweet wouldn’t like it. I’m not sure why. I guess I thought that it may scare him off since it is not regular old burgers like he is used to. When it comes to meat, the man doesn’t like change.
But he loved them too. In fact, his word was “obsessed.” And he is not nearly as dramatic as I am.
So I knew they had to be great.
Buffalo Chicken Burgers
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- ranch dressing + blue cheese dressing + buffalo wing sauce for topping whatever you'd like!
- 4 to 6 whole wheat buns
- Preheat your grill or nonstick skillet.
- In a large bowl combine the ground chicken, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, seasoning, parmesan and buffalo wing sauce. Mix until just combined. Form into patties.
- Grill or pan-fry patties until brown on both sides and cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. In the last 2 minutes, place the cheddar cheese on top of each burger. Place burgers on the buns and top with a drizzle of ranch and buffalo wing dressing. Top with lettuce. Serve with carrots, celery and extra ranch for dipping!
Don’t worry, that is just buffalo wing sauce and bacon ranch dressing spilling out of the side up there. No need to run away in fear. Unless you are running to make these. Which is something I highly suggest.
[photos by sarah fennel]