If the yellowed index card doesn’t give it away, the “White Karo Corn Syrup” ingredient must.

No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies I howsweeteats.com

It’s another gem from the depths of Mother Lovett’s never ending recipe collection.
And you can imagine my excitement when I found this, for they are made with an ingredient I absolutely adore: graham cracker crumbs.

No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies I howsweeteats.com

True story: sometimes I melt butter in the microwave, add graham cracker crumbs, add marshmallows, then add chocolate chips and microwave again for a “s’mores bowl.” I’m sort of embarrassed to admit that. But not really. And then I somehow convince myself that it is a healthy snack. I can work wonders.
I have never seen a non-cheesecake cookie, let alone a no-bake cookie, that is made with graham cracker crumbs. And there are a plethora of no-bake cookies making their rounds. My heart was singing as I rolled the dough into balls.

No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies I howsweeteats.com

As we all know, there is only one way to make peanut butter better…

No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies I howsweeteats.com

The best part of the graham cracker crumbs is that they cause these cookies to be a bit salty. If you know me, you know that chocolate + peanut butter + salt is my kryptonite.
And if you don’t know me, well… just look in the dictionary under the word “bacon” and there will probably be a picture of my face.

No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies I howsweeteats.com

So since we have some salty, peanut buttery goodness going on here, you can only imagine how fabulous a drizzle of chocolate is on top.

The cookies are not super sweet, so the chocolate is perfect. Not too rich… they are just right.

No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies I howsweeteats.com

I find that the cookies are best when cold, just coming out of hibernation in the fridge with a thick, cool layer of fudge drizzle on top. I adapted that original recipe a bit due to what I had on hand and through some trial and error. I’m not ashamed to say that I ate the rejects too.

No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies I howsweeteats.com

I’ll take ten please.

No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies I howsweeteats.com
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies

makes about 20 cookies

1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs

1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon cup creamy peanut butter

1/3 cup brown rice syrup (you can sub corn or maple syrup)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 cup sugar

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

pinch of ginger

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Dough will be very crumbly, but continue to mix. Form 1 inch balls with hands – if dough is too crumbly to stick together, add a bit more peanut butter or syrup until it comes together a bit more. Just continue to work with it. Flatten balls and press with a fork to create indentations.

Melt chocolate in a double boiler and drizzle over cookies. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies I howsweeteats.com

Santa better leave diamonds under the tree.

166 Responses to “No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies.”

Brook — August 15, 2011 @ 8:38 pm

I just want you to know that you have a humor that cannot be denied. Just reading through your delicious sounding recipes & pictorials to go along with the commentary literally makes me laugh out loud is great. Thanks for not being uptight & having an awesome sense of humor to go along with food.. my number one hobby. Thanks for sharing. :-)

• Jessica — August 15th, 2011 @ 9:02 pm

Thanks Brook!

• natasha — September 29th, 2011 @ 6:26 pm

love you jessica <3

Terri — August 22, 2011 @ 11:26 am

1/2 + 1 tablespoon cup creamy peanut butter
    Please explain to me what this measurement means?
    Are you saying 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon peanut butter or
    1/2 tablespoon plus 1 tablespoon of peanut butter?
    Thanks!

• Jessica — August 22nd, 2011 @ 11:30 am

Oops yep, it’s a 1/2 cup! Sorry for the typo.

Terri — August 22, 2011 @ 11:32 am

Thank you – - they sound good and I can’t wait to make them!

natasha — September 29, 2011 @ 6:22 pm

awsome cookies and i im only 12 so i will have my mom make a lot love yooh Deena

• gabbi — February 10th, 2012 @ 10:23 pm

hehe or you could make em yourself!

Jen — April 30, 2012 @ 4:19 pm

I just made these & my husband tasted the batter & really liked them! Thanks for a great recipe. Has anyone tried substituting Agave Nectar for the brown rice syrup? I used maple syrup & it worked well too.

noclegi zakopane — January 15, 2013 @ 11:32 pm

constantly i used to read smaller articles or reviews which also clear their motive, and that is also happening with this paragraph which I am reading
    at this place.

kupię auto powypadkowe — January 20, 2013 @ 7:19 am

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all people you actually recognise what you’re talking approximately! Bookmarked. Please additionally discuss with my website =). We will have a hyperlink change contract among us

s.e. — February 2, 2013 @ 10:52 pm

ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh, i just made these fabulous cookies, with tahini instead of pb (eventhough i adore pb, but i couldn’t share if i used it) and maple syrup and maple sugar… wow… i am surprised i have stopped stuffing them in my face long enough to type this… thankyouthankyouthankyou…

CR — December 2, 2013 @ 2:07 am

I read the recipe slowly many times, and I’m positive that chocolate is not listed in the ingredients. How much? What kind?

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Stress over the Holidays? Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies! | The Healthy Apron

3. Pingback: Super-sized Salad | delectable living

4. Pingback: Raw Coconut Peanut Butter Thumbprints « Frisky Lemon

5. Pingback: return of the recipes.

6. Pingback: My Christmas: The Eats | Gingersnaps

7. Pingback: Starting Off Healthy « Live and Love to Eat

8. Pingback: Playing Cookie Monster « My Shiny Life

9. Pingback: ABC's of DIY | The Shoestring Budget

10. Pingback: Holy Holiday Recipe Book, Batman! 15 Dreamy, Decadent No-Bake Desserts | The Bookshelf

11. Pingback: A No-Bake Cookie « Lauren Loves Good Food