Overworked.

I can’t even begin to describe the state of my kitchen the last 2 days. Or the state of my mixer.

I am never, ever, ever going to get that thing clean.

This morning, it looked like this outside.

What better to do all day than stay indoors and bake?

All of that butter went to good use yesterday – between that and this morning I ended up with nearly 10 bowls of cookie dough in the beer fridge.

My stand mixer has been worked to the bone.

[stuffed much?]

[i sort of ran out of bowls to fit the dough in]

[25lbs. serious business.]

[you know things get serious when one breaks out the shortening]

[i think i inhaled a bit too much cocoa powder. really.]

[save me]

Dough overload. There is even cookie dough on the ceiling. I can’t reach it.

I broke around noon to head out and shovel the driveway. I left the kitchen in disarray because, well… I’m lazy and will do anything to avoid cleaning it.

I stuffed my yoga pants into these socks and threw on some earmuffs.

The neighbors think I’m the epitome of a fashionista.

Fueled by flour, sugar and raw eggs, I cleared the wrap-around driveway and watched snow pile up on it immediately after I finished a square.

Why do we shovel? It’s like making a bed.

Then I made a sandwich with the last of the leftovers from the meal Mr. How Sweet made. That meal was so delicious that I am still thinking about.

First batch of cookies just went into the oven!

81 Responses to “Overworked.”

Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} — December 14, 2010 @ 4:54 pm

Looks like a VERY productive day in the kitchen and yard. I’m sending some sunshine to help keep your driveway clear :) it was 90 degrees the last two days here. My back is out and I didn’t get baked what I intended. Can’t wait to see what all your yummy treats are!

Kat — December 14, 2010 @ 8:23 pm

I am SOOOO jealous of your mixer. That’s going on my xmas list for next year…yup I’m planning ahead. And your socks….I’m jealous of them. They are not going on my Xmas list. But I’m just saying. They look cozy.

Rachel Wilkerson — December 14, 2010 @ 10:43 pm

Your pretty pink mixer! The snow! Your socks! Is it weird that I don’t even know you but I want to come over in my coziest clothes and bake all day?

• Jessica — December 15th, 2010 @ 1:49 am

Come on over!

nikki — December 14, 2010 @ 11:10 pm

Weird, your feet look like my feet. Have fun baking.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 15, 2010 @ 12:48 am

I burnt out my electric mixer this year! I now have to get a new one so I can make your hot cocoa cookies! I finally found the marshmallow fluff :-)

• Jessica — December 15th, 2010 @ 1:48 am

Sweet! Well… not about the mixer…

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — December 15, 2010 @ 3:18 am

That’s some serious cookie baking you are doing! I have worried that my mixer will give up on me one of these days, but so far (knock on wood) it’s still going strong.

PS – I’m so jealous of the snow! We’ve only had flurries here. I love baking in the snow!

• Jessica — December 15th, 2010 @ 3:41 am

Have you really only had flurries?! That is crazy! It is still laying here!

• Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — December 15th, 2010 @ 3:48 am

Seriously? It’s been soooo cold, but it seems that all of the big storms have totally missed us out here. Don’t think there’s any “real” snow in the forecast, either.

Jim from Wisconsin — December 16, 2010 @ 12:18 am

What can be better on a snowy day than a few cold Leinies!!

Kim in MD — December 16, 2010 @ 12:39 pm

Wow…I thought I have been busy! :-) I have been baking for days, too, but not as much as you! We are getting snow here today, too! It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! :-)

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Overworked. | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com