Need a last minute Valentine’s Day treat?

Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies I howsweeteats.com

I really consider these an anytime treat, but they work for tonight too! Or tomorrow. Or Monday. Or next week. Or everyday.
The dough is impossible to stay out of. Up your raw egg tolerance for this.

Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies I howsweeteats.com

See? Impossible.

Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies I howsweeteats.com

Scooping out golf ball sized dough balls is the best way to go.
Serve with a big glass of cold milk!

Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies I howsweeteats.com

Did you know that I have always despised milk? It has grossed me out since I was young. Don’t even get me started on those of you who slurp up the milk at the end up your cereal bowl. Yuck. I have chills just thinking about it.
But these cookies cast a spell on me.

Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies I howsweeteats.com

All I could think about was a glass of milk! Preferably chocolate, but I didn’t have any. So I made do with the regular ole’ stuff.

Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies I howsweeteats.com

Sometimes things don’t go as planned. Like this.

Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies I howsweeteats.com

Oh well. Just slurp it up.
Can I convince you to make these today? I think you must. If you know what’s good for you, you will.

Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies I howsweeteats.com

[print_this]

Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies

makes about 30 cookies

1 cup butter, at room temperature

1 1/2 cups sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups flour

1/2 cup cocoa powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup chocolate chips

1 cup crushed Oreo cookies

Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.

Fold in chocolate chips and crushed oreos. Refrigerate dough for 2-4 hours (or more). When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350, roll into balls or scoop with an ice cream scooper and set on baking sheet.

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely.

[/print_this]

Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies I howsweeteats.com

As you can tell, we really hated these. They were just disgusting.

207 Responses to “Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies.”

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — February 15, 2011 @ 8:23 pm

Totally saved this one! They look incredibly dangerous! Thanks!

Heather — February 15, 2011 @ 10:35 pm

These look amazing! I have tried oreos crushed in oatmeal cookies before but this looks even better!

Amber @ Lucky Lees To Be — February 15, 2011 @ 10:39 pm

I made these, and they were DELISH!!! They turned out really FLAT though. I only had nesquick powder on hand, so I used that instead of cocoa. Maybe this is the reasoning behind their super flattness. They still tasted amazing, they were super crunchy, and I sent my fiancee with a bag of these to West Virginia for his job (we live in TX). He’s already swallowed up half the bag. {He left yesterday} These will definetely be made again, I will use cocoa next time to make sure they look fluffier like yours do.

You can take a look at how mine turned out. I featured the recipe on my blog, giving you full credit of course. But I wanted to see what you had to say about them being flat…

• LB — September 7th, 2013 @ 9:25 pm

Mine did as well – the only thing I can think of is that because you don’t mix the baking soda and salt with the flour beforehand, that they don’t get mixed in correctly. Mine do have a faint baking soda aftertaste. I didn’t use cocoa powder but did use one of the frosting creations packet.

I was going to bring them to a birthday party tomorrow, but now I will have to buy something. Really disappointing. :(

Maranda — February 16, 2011 @ 3:50 am

I think you definitely just convinced me to make these! Wow!! And dunked in the milk?? It’s just too much!!!

Tammy — February 16, 2011 @ 4:53 pm

Oh my goodness! These cookies look amazing! :)

Melissa — February 18, 2011 @ 8:21 pm

Wow! This is such a great idea! I’m definitely going to try this recipe next. Love your blog! I’ve book marked so many of the featured recipes : )

• Jessica — February 18th, 2011 @ 11:30 pm

Thank you!

T. — March 5, 2011 @ 5:42 am

Hubby called these cannibal cookies (a cookie in a cookie.) I think we both died and went to cookie heaven. These are absolutely amazing. So, so, so, so good! YUM.

This is the first recipe I’ve tried from your blog and now I seem to be marking almost all of them for future use!

• Jessica — March 5th, 2011 @ 1:51 pm

Great to hear! Glad you liked.

Samantha — March 8, 2011 @ 8:52 pm

Just recently found your blog, and made these cookies right away. My boyfriend isn’t a huge sweets person, and he ate five in a row. He also proclaimed that they were his favorite cookie I’ve made for him. So thanks for this fantastic treat!

Avanika (Yumsilicious Bakes) — March 13, 2011 @ 3:48 pm

Oh these look awesome. I used to hate milk till mom forced me to drink it, now, I have started to love it! Maybe it’s because of my midnight cereal eating disease ;P

Amanda — March 21, 2011 @ 11:24 pm

OMG my jaw literally dropped when I saw these! I just thought of their chewy yet crunchy crispyness so warm dipping into a nice glass of cold milk. They look fantastic and I am definitely going to make them ;)

Taryn — March 23, 2011 @ 7:43 am

I made these last night, and they look and smell incredible. I can’t wait to try them! If the batter is any indication of how the baked cookies will taste, they’re going to be AMAZING.

Megan — April 4, 2011 @ 11:17 pm

these were ridiculously good. and your pictures are so pretty :)

Merlot — April 6, 2011 @ 7:38 pm

Just made these and they are amazing!! thanks for the recipe!

Eileen — May 2, 2011 @ 8:56 pm

I finally made these and they are sooo good!

Amy — May 16, 2011 @ 12:34 am

Ahem… Can I marry you? *drooooolllll*

tiffany — June 17, 2011 @ 7:44 pm

i just put my cookies in a few minutes before, and when i checked just now the sides were all melted like ice cream o_o is it supposed to be like that? or did i do something wrong. i chilled it and rolled it into balls and everything so idk if it’s supposed to be like that ):

• tiffany — June 17th, 2011 @ 8:08 pm

i just finished and they turned out really flat! it looks nothing like yours ahhh

• tiffany — June 21st, 2011 @ 1:13 am

haha just kidding i think i found out the problem! i baked them again today and it looks delicious ^_^

BrandyK — June 20, 2011 @ 9:10 am

These cookies are amazing! I made them and featured them on my blog- full credit to you of course. Thanks for all the crazy good recipes you post!

Marelize — June 23, 2011 @ 4:28 pm

I’ve made these a couple of times now and keep coming back to them. I LOVE them!

Tara — June 27, 2011 @ 10:14 am

Hi! I have been reading your blog for a while, and making a TON of your recipes, but I just have to tell you how great these cookies are! They are seriously everyone’s favorite treat…one’s you pop you just can’t stop! :) Your recipes are delicious, innovating, creative, fun, and tasty! Thank you!!

Jenny — July 11, 2011 @ 12:29 pm

Are you using unsweetened cocoa powder or dutch-pressed cocoa powder?

• Jessica — July 11th, 2011 @ 1:21 pm

I usually use unsweetened.

Ashley — August 2, 2011 @ 6:53 pm

You’ve ruined me! I made these this afternoon and…RUINED! I’m just going to sit here and eat them all before my boyfriend gets off work so there is no evidence and I think I will do this each day until I am too large to maneuver myself into the kitchen!

Natalie — August 10, 2011 @ 1:20 pm

Just made these… WOW! Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside. This may just be what happiness tastes like. THANK YOU!!

Lindsey Taylor — August 28, 2011 @ 2:20 pm

I made these and they were amazing! I let the dough sit in the fridge overnight (which I wouldn’t normally do, because I’m waaaay too impatient) and they turned out thicker and fluffier than any cookies I’ve ever made before! And really, you can’t go wrong with Oreos. Excellent recipe!

Patricia — August 31, 2011 @ 8:55 pm

Hi! I’m drooling over here!! I think heaven must be like this.

I have a question.. If I use salted butter would be okay just omitt the salt?

Thanks! =)

holley — September 25, 2011 @ 12:47 am

made these the other day, they tunred out wonderful. pulled me out of my bad mood. my family and coworkers fought over these, thanks!

Liz Pinelo — October 11, 2011 @ 2:57 pm

I’m making these tonight! They look like they’re the worst tasting cookies EVER! :P

andrea — October 13, 2011 @ 2:50 pm

Making with halloween oreos :) could brown sugar be subbed for some of the white sugar?

• Jessica — October 13th, 2011 @ 3:49 pm

Awesome! Yep, you can use brown sugar, they just may not be quite as sweet!

Ann — November 23, 2011 @ 10:42 pm

Can you make the cookie dough mix ahead of time and freeze for later? Should I mix crushed oreo cookies into mix before or after freezing? Or should I freeze the ice cream molded oreo containing cookie dough into zip-lock bag for later baking?

Inquiring minds need to know.

Jen — December 7, 2011 @ 1:14 pm

As soon as I saw this recipe I knew I *had* to make it for my oreo-loving husband. They definitely passed the test, he ate 3 right away! They are extremely chocolately, but in the best way possible. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!

By the way, I just found your blog the other day and I absolutely love it. I lived in Pittsburgh for the first 24 years of my life before moving to DC 2 years ago. I love finding Pittsburghers blogs :)

Michelle R — December 23, 2011 @ 2:33 am

I just made these tonight with mint oreos as holiday treats. I had to taste test, and man, my husband is going to die and go to heaven!!! Thanks for sharing this recipe! And, I love that it worked at high altitude without any adjustment at all – I am at 5,000 feet in Idaho. Thanks again!

Marisa — December 23, 2011 @ 11:59 pm

These were out of this world!!! I made them for family friends for Christmas and I just know that they are going to be a hit. Luckily the recipe made plenty of dough because my family would have killed me if I gave all of these away. Also to have some fun I used the very last bit of dough and used it to cover a full oreo cookie! So now I have a giant cookie within a cookie that is waiting to be eaten :)

Emily — January 5, 2012 @ 2:06 pm

Is it disastrous not to chill these? I dont know if i have tim
    e:(

Milee K — February 6, 2012 @ 11:59 am

I would kill someone for these! OMGZZ

Alison — April 12, 2012 @ 1:44 pm

Hi, I hope you still read your comments…. because I have a story for you about this recipe. I 38 weeks pregnant October 30th – and I decided to make these cookies with orange oreos for a Halloween bake sale at work. I made the cookies that Sunday 10-30-11. That evening I started having contractions. Well the next day I had my son on Halloween. When I was having super contractions that morning, yelling to get me to the hospital, I demanded we take the Double Fudge Halloween Orange Oreo Crunch Cookies with us to give to the nurses. I had them wrapped in twos with a copy of the recipe. The cookies were a hit with the nurses and the visitors I had. They never made it to the bake sale but they were enjoyed by many people in celebration of Halloween and the birth of my son! Thank you!

• Jessica — April 12th, 2012 @ 1:45 pm

Oh my gosh… hahaha! What a wonderful story! Congrats on the birth of your son. :)

• Alison — April 12th, 2012 @ 1:48 pm

I will never forget these cookies

Jenny — June 11, 2012 @ 8:04 pm

OMG! I just made these to take to work tomorrow. They looked and smelled so divine, that I couldn’t wait for them to cool down to try it. I t ate one warm/hot and all I can say is…I’m in love! The only thing I did differently was I added the remainder of a bag of white chocolate chips also (about a cup.) Thanks for this recipe that’s permanently going in my recipe box! :)

amy — August 19, 2012 @ 8:05 pm

JUST MADE THESE!! SOO GOOD!! :)

Anastasia — August 23, 2012 @ 11:53 pm

I made a mountain of your super cookie. Perfect!!!!! My husband liked it too!
    Morning, sunrise. While still asleep, I dip the tasty chocolate cookies in warm melted milk ;)

Thank you very much!!!!!!!

Russia.

Kevin — September 13, 2012 @ 5:08 pm

Made these for my cross country team dinner and the general consensus was that it was one of the best cookies that was ever made! It was amazing!

Lisa B. — September 21, 2012 @ 9:38 am

THESE COOKIES WERE FANTASTIC! I even blogged about them: http://bakerorbust.wordpress.com/2012/09/16/183/ . You are quite the inspiration!! Keep it up!

Rose — February 11, 2013 @ 9:27 pm

Made these for valentines (we did ours early).. gooey, chocolatey perfection. Fabulous treats! Refrigerated overnight for super fluffy cookies!

Sara Gelder — September 26, 2013 @ 3:44 pm

I am currently making these but with peanut butter Oreos. Oh yes. I went there.

Madusha — February 14, 2014 @ 12:26 am

I just made these for my boyfriend for Valentine’s day and they came out perfectly! I’ve made several of your recipes (both dessert and savoury dishes) and they never disappoint! My favourite food blog by FAR. Keep doin’ what you’re doing! :)

Jenny B. — April 4, 2014 @ 9:48 pm

Jess,
    Love this recipe and have made it multiple times-every time with success. I wanted to know if you/other readers had tried to use this recipe in a bar-type format vs. the cookie? Just looking for tips on how to modify the recipe, but still get similar results.
    Thanks!
    Jenny

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: So. Much. Chocolate. | The Artsy Kitchen

3. Pingback: love crunch giveaway. « meals & moves

4. Pingback: Much & Link Love – Feb 21 Editioon « kd316

5. Pingback: Legally Delish

6. Pingback: Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies « Brownies and Zucchini

7. Pingback: Serious. Chocolate. « cupcakesandchandeliers

8. Pingback: {Food} A tale of two cookies « Jane B

9. Pingback: A Baking Storm « Go With the Dough

10. Pingback: Oreo Overload « Go With the Dough

11. Pingback: Cookie Love « My Shiny Life

12. Pingback: oreos for heros « being farted on.

13. Pingback: Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls « Go With the Dough

14. Pingback: Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies « Mom Makes…

15. Pingback: Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies « Treble in the Kitchen

16. Pingback: Cookie Monster « Schmal Talk.

17. Pingback: Spread Bliss: Top 10 Daily To-do’s To Make The World A Blissful Place « Blissful Belle

18. Pingback: A Birthday Tradition {Amanda, Love & Renovations} | She likes ruffles, he likes truffles

19. Pingback: Cookie inside a cookie « Hi Pies

20. Pingback: Chocolate Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies

21. Pingback: triple chocolate birthday cake oreo cookies « cupcakes & high heels

22. Pingback: Double Fudge Oreo Cookies – Warm Vanilla Sugar

23. Pingback: Not According to Plan « After the Ivy League

24. Pingback: Falling (or jumping?) off the Wagon « After the Ivy League

25. Pingback: I Have Been Keeping Something From You « Treble in the Kitchen

26. Pingback: Repost: Double Chocolate Oreo Crunch Cookies |

27. Pingback: Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookies « A Dash of Megnut

28. Pingback: 50% of Oreo Eaters Pull Their Cookies Apart Before Eating… | Baker Or Bust

29. Pingback: The Ultimate Christmas Cookie Post « oh so decadent