Remember the days when I used to have an outrageous muffin obsession?

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins I howsweeteats.com

I took a brief hiatus from muffin making, which I thought would help my creativity and my waistline.

Instead, I baked things even more sinful and more addicting. Creative… maybe. Helpful to the waistline? Ummm… how about no.
Needless to say, muffins came back with a vengeance.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins I howsweeteats.com

I am not joking when I tell you that these muffins taste like oatmeal cookies.  No lie. You can even go as far to add raisins, but I’m just not down with shriveled fruit in my baked goods. Instead I choose chocolate.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins I howsweeteats.com

If I think these taste like cookies, I can almost guarantee that you will. Healthy muffins that taste like treats!

Remember me? I try my best to not consume green things unless we’re talking about apple flavored Jolly Ranchers or dyed adult beverages in Pittsburgh on St. Patrick’s Day.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins I howsweeteats.com

Yes, they have a little butter. Yes, butter makes the world go ’round. Yes, they taste delicious. No, you should not sub anything else for the butter. A quarter cup of butter spread throughout 12 muffins won’t hurt you. In fact, it will probably complete you.

So said Mother Lovett.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins I howsweeteats.com

You can only make these on one condition: promise you will serve them warm with a dab of butter on top.
I proudly practiced portion control with the muffins, packing up two in my purse each day to snack on if needed.

That was last week. Yesterday I found two muffins that were smashed to high heavens.

I ate them anyway.

They were good.

I am weird. And usually hungry.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins I howsweeteats.com

[print_this]

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins

makes 12 muffins

1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose)

1 cup rolled oats

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/3 cup brown sugar

1 egg

1/4 cup butter, at room temperature

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 cup milk (any kind will do)

1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.

Add oats to a bowl and add 1/2 cup of milk. Let soak for 5-10 minutes, while you prepare the first few steps of the muffins.

In a large bowl, combine egg and brown sugar and whisk until smooth and caramel in color. Add in vanilla and butter, whisking well. Try to smooth the batter as much as possible – there still may be some small butter chunks. Add flour, oat mixture, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix. Add remaining milk and combine until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.

Line a muffin tin with lines and pour about 1/4 cup batter into each line. Sprinkle the tops with raw turbinado sugar. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve with butter!

[/print_this]

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins I howsweeteats.com

I could only be so lucky to find two smashed muffins in my purse today.

241 Responses to “Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins.”

Tammy — November 19, 2013 @ 5:17 pm

Just made these!!! In a word….. deeeeeeeeeelish!!!
    Thanks :)

Cathy Peterson — January 5, 2014 @ 12:02 pm

These were a hit at our house too! I only had quick oats and they turned out just fine. I will definitely make these again!

fatihah — January 23, 2014 @ 10:39 pm

hey,made these an hr ago.it turned out great!! thank you for sharrinnggggggg :-) xx

Kirsten @ Green Global Travel — February 3, 2014 @ 12:28 pm

I love muffins and chocolate chip cookies. What a perfect combination.

Kathy — February 17, 2014 @ 1:00 pm

Not good…at all.

Jasmine — May 3, 2014 @ 11:27 pm

My family doesn’t bake, but I had a craving for oatmeal muffins. This recipe was so simple to follow and clear.

The muffins are DELICIOUS!! I used coconut milk and the sugar sprinkled on top was a cute touch.

Amazing recipe I’m in love!!!!

Maria — May 7, 2014 @ 1:31 pm

Just made these for dessert and they look and smell divine; I think I will try them with butter but no sugar on top. Thanks for sharing the recipe !

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins | How Sweet It Is -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: I made muffins… | The Artsy Kitchen

3. Pingback: Weekend Plans

4. Pingback: A Kitchen Experiment « Meggie's Life

5. Pingback: baking | Lindsey's Photographs

6. Pingback: Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Muffins « Greek Yogurt & Apple Slices

7. Pingback: My Favorite Little Guy «

8. Pingback: Muffin Love | iEatNeat

9. Pingback: Cooking Challenge Day #21 – Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins « Ella Rose Entertaining

10. Pingback: Highlights Reel | The Great Balancing Act

11. Pingback: From the Kitchen « Rocket Poo Baby Grins

12. Pingback: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins « AKA the blog

13. Pingback: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins- Sugar and Spice: Recipes, Cooking, Baking, Grilling, Malabar Recipes

14. Pingback: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins « Brownies and Zucchini

15. Pingback: What's for dinner? - Page 49 - CurlTalk

16. Pingback: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Snack-Muffins — CookTeen CookTeen

17. Pingback: Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Muffins |

18. Pingback: Healing A Heart | Simple Eats

19. Pingback: oatmeal chocolate chip muffins. | Just.Good.Stuff.

20. Pingback: Crunchy-Top Chocolate Chip Orange Muffins. | How Sweet It Is

21. Pingback: Dessert or breakfast? « Life as we know it

22. Pingback: oatmeal chocolate chip cookie muffins | The Loves Chocolate Blog

23. Pingback: recipe | double chocolate & vanilla cinnamon oatmeal “muffins” | walk in love.

24. Pingback: Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins. | skinnycookproblems

25. Pingback: miamihousewife -

26. Pingback: recipe | double chocolate & vanilla cinnamon oatmeal “muffins” » the simple songbird.

27. Pingback: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins |

28. Pingback: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins « A Dash of Megnut

29. Pingback: Brown Butter Oatmeal Chunk Cookies | How Sweet It Is

30. Pingback: Blueberry Muffin Ice Cream | How Sweet It Is

31. Pingback: breakfast | Creative Entertaining

32. Pingback: Foodie Gifts! Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffin Jars ~ Recipe ReDux | Ambitious & Nutritious

33. Pingback: Top 10: Best Muffin Recipes Ever

34. Pingback: Pinning Away « 2 Square 2 Be Hip

35. Pingback: Spicy Greens and Creamy Parmesan Bean Stew | How Sweet It Is

36. Pingback: Creamy Parmesan White Bean Stew with Spicy Greens. | pinmeplease

37. Pingback: Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins | The Pajama House

38. Pingback: More Oatmeal Recipes: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins | getbalancedhealth