I have dinner!

Crispy Shrimp Tacos I howsweeteats.com

And it includes fresh fruit and vegetables, seafood and avocado. Can’t go wrong there, right?

Especially if your shrimp is already clean – this meal should take you less than 20 minutes to throw together.
I was so excited when I found mangos at my grocery store on sale this week: 10 for $10! Are mangos in season? I have no idea. But I found a squishy, soft one (in my experience those are the best) and also bought a firmer one which I am sure will die in the crisper drawer.
I’ll probably find it in May.

Crispy Shrimp Tacos I howsweeteats.com

I knew exactly what was happening to one mango though. It was perfectly ripe and I quickly chopped it with some red onion and tomato – easy, fresh salsa right there.
And I’m pretty sure I won’t ever make shrimp another way. With a quick dredge through flour, it comes out so flavorful and crispy.

Crispy Shrimp Tacos I howsweeteats.com

I think I like these better than regular tacos. Maybe even better than pork tacos? Which is wild, considering me and pork are likethis.

Crispy Shrimp Tacos I howsweeteats.com

And they are just so pretty and colorful. I love bright food. Except the vegetable kind.

Crispy Shrimp Tacos I howsweeteats.com

We enjoyed this so much that I’m planning on making it again Friday. It was bursting with more flavor than I ever thought possible. I really loved the crunchy textures of the crispy shrimp and even the shredded lettuce.
In fact, I don’t even think I can wait until Friday. Pretty sure I must make these again today.

Crispy Shrimp Tacos I howsweeteats.com

[print_this]

Crispy Shrimp Tacos

serves 2

1/2 pound raw, deveined shrimp (tails removed)

1 tablespoons olive oil

1/4 cup chopped avocado

4 corn or flour tortillas

1/4 cup grated cotija or cheddar cheese

1 lime

shredded lettuce

cilantro

Make sure shrimp is clean and completely dry. Combine salt, pepper, garlic and cumin and sprinkle it over the shrimp. Add the flour to a small bowl, and dredge the shrimp through the flour to get a very light coating on it. Heat a skillet on medium high heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the shrimp and brown on each side, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp and let drain on a paper towel.

Combine chopped mango, onion and tomato together in a bowl, adding a bit of salt and pepper. Assemble tacos, adding lettuce, shrimp, mango salsa, avocado, cilantro and cheese. Spritz with lime juice.

[/print_this]

Crispy Shrimp Tacos I howsweeteats.com

This is about as veggie-heavy as it’s gonna get around here.

173 Responses to “Crispy Shrimp Tacos.”

Gretchen Alice — March 30, 2011 @ 8:13 pm

Made a variation of these for dinner those…and they were soooo good. Thanks for the inspiration!

MJ — March 30, 2011 @ 11:58 pm

*nomnomnom! I just made these tonight for the bf. I subbed the cumin for smoked paprika and MAN were they delicious!!! I can’t believe how easy it all was. I was dreaming about these & finally dragged the mister to the market to grab all the ingredients. Am definitely making these often. YUM YUM YUMMM!!! ;)

Leslie — April 4, 2011 @ 9:39 pm

I really don’t remember how I stumbled upon your blog but I am OH SO HAPPY I did! My printer has run out of ink from printing recipe after recipe! I made the shrimp tacos tonight and drove my family nutty bragging on how wonderful they were! Too colorful for their drab palates but they loved the shrimp!! This blog, my friend, (yes, I feel like I know you! ha!) is fabulous!!!

Amy — April 22, 2011 @ 1:09 pm

I am trying these tonight! Can’t wait!

Agata — May 2, 2011 @ 6:44 pm

I just wanted to share that I made these on Saturday…and they are SOOOOOOO good that we had them again for dinner tonight!

Evie — May 4, 2011 @ 10:49 pm

I have tried Shrimp tacos and they are awesome, my family also likes when I make Fish and Pork tacos. We are having a Mexican get together this weekend I will be making all three. Nothing goes better with good food than to make a good Pico de Gallo and fresh salsa. Our friends will be making margaritas….let the fun begin.

Michelle — May 7, 2011 @ 10:05 pm

Just made this tonight and they are fantastic! I ended up combining the cilantro, tomato, mango, avocado, onion, and lime juice (along with a jalapeno) to make the salsa and then topped it with the shrimp in a taco. These were also easy and quick! Thanks Jessica :)

KARINA — June 15, 2011 @ 9:44 am

i made a variation of these last night they were awesome!!!!

E — June 17, 2011 @ 5:43 pm

Yes! These were amazing. I pretty much made out with my leftover mango. Great, easy recipe.

Juju — June 20, 2011 @ 9:59 pm

Oh my lord, I am making this tomorrow! :)

Kimmi Ann Rea — July 11, 2011 @ 8:28 pm

AMAZING!!! After “stumbling” upon your blog i read through it completely and decided to do a mini version of Julie and Julia and only made dinner from your recipes for a week. These shrimp tacos were dancing in our mouths. My husband said it was the best meal i have ever made!! and the best shrimp tacos he has ever had. I was such a proud wifey and i owe it all to you. So thank you very much! Happy cooking, eating, and working out :)

Rima — July 20, 2011 @ 8:28 am

I’m making these for dinner tonight, for the mango salsa, I am using a recipe from a restaurant in Dubai called Zeng He’s. The difference is that they add green peppers, Thai sweet chili sauce, lemon juice and dried kiwi seeds and I am adding some of the chopped coriander directly in the salsa. I can’t wait for dinner, I’m so excited!!! The above mentioned restaurant serves this salsa with deep fried shrimp and wasabi mayo. Its to die for!!!! My hubby and I usually order one pretending that it’ll be enough and always end up re-ordering. YUMMMM!!!
    P.S. how’s your sun burn?

Jerico — August 30, 2011 @ 1:54 pm

Love when i found recipes with beautiful pictures, I’m ready to make dinner!
    Thank you!!!

Jess — February 12, 2012 @ 9:30 am

Found these on Pinterest and made them for dinner last night! They were delicious; extremely flavorful yet quite healthy. The mango salsa was a big hit!

Cecilia — May 17, 2012 @ 12:25 am

PHENOMENAL! We grilled the shrimp and also tossed the tortillas on the grill before assembling them. Thanks!

Reba Kate — May 31, 2012 @ 8:19 pm

Love love love these!! I have made them once for the boyfriend and tonight for my parents. Least to say, they are a HUGE hit! Thanks so much for the recipe! They are in my long term recipe book for sure!

Amy — November 29, 2012 @ 5:00 pm

Hey Jess– just made these for dinner last night — totally transformed my winter evening into a summer wonderland. Thank you!!! It was amazing, and fast, and so so so delicious. <3

1. Pingback: Eggplant Parmesan | Prevention RD

2. Pingback: Cooking Challenge Day #41 – Crispy Shrimp Tacos « Ella Rose Entertaining

3. Pingback: Crispy Shrimp Pasta with Arugula Pesto | How Sweet It Is

4. Pingback: Whole Wheat Oatmeal Raisin Cookies + Weekly Menu | Prevention RD

5. Pingback: Crispy Shrimp Tacos | Prevention RD

6. Pingback: Sensational shrimp salad « Musings of a Midwestern Girl

7. Pingback: The Best Blogs You’re Not Reading: Food Edition « The Bookworm Wife

8. Pingback: Crispy Shrimp Pizza. | How Sweet It Is

9. Pingback: Crispy Margarita Chicken Tacos with Strawberry Avocado Salsa | How Sweet It Is

10. Pingback: Wed.Nes.Day | How Sweet It Is

11. Pingback: Mexican Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars « Fleur-De-Licious

12. Pingback: Lighten Up. | How Sweet It Is

13. Pingback: May 2-4 « This/That by Nat

14. Pingback: Crispy Shrimp and Mango Lettuce Wraps | How Sweet It Is

15. Pingback: Decisions | Your Kind of Salad

16. Pingback: Guacamole: The Doctor’s Orders… | And Me Mommy

17. Pingback: Tiempo para tacos. « fiftytwosaturdays

18. Pingback: Meal Plan Monday « greenhealedlife

19. Pingback: Healthy Thai Beef Tacos | How Sweet It Is

20. Pingback: shrimp tacos. « the ringer family

21. Pingback: My favorite bloggers | Blonde Ambition

22. Pingback: Slow Cooker Beer Carnitas Tacos | How Sweet It Is

23. Pingback: Crispy Shrimp Sandwiches | How Sweet It Is

24. Pingback: Beer Battered Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Mango Avocado Salsa | How Sweet It Is

25. Pingback: 20 Weeks of (different!) Healthier Dinner Ideas | How Sweet It Is

26. Pingback: Cook: Crispy Shrimp Tacos

27. Pingback: shrimp tacos.