So… you want to know what kind of peanut butter was in that peanut butter and jelly snack cake?

It would be these peanuts.

Churned into this.

Then swirled into this.

Oh… with a little bit of this throw in.

And changing this beauty…

…into this.

Please.

I think we all know my deep obsession with white chocolate wonderful peanut butter. What we don’t all know is how serious my jar-a-week habit is. Well, I know. Mr. How Sweet knows.

Our bank account knows.

My jeans know.

Something had to be done.

So last weekend I snapped out of my peanut butter addiction denial and whipped up a batch. Then I ate it. And I put some in that cake. Then I ate the rest. It tastes just like white chocolate wonderful. But it’s even creamier. It’s like silk. Silk in peanut butter form.

Don’t mind me. I’m going to go die now.

Homemade White Chocolate Peanut Butter

makes about 3/4 cup

1 1/2 cups dry, roasted peanuts (I used salted)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil

1/3 cup white chocolate chips/chunks/bars, melted

Add peanuts to a food processor and blend until a thick nut butter forms. Stream in oil and vanilla with the processor on, continuing to run it until the mixture is smooth – this took me about 3-4 minutes. You can add more oil if needed, just do it in small increments. Turn off processor, add melted chocolate, and turn processor back on. Blend until smooth.

I kept mine at room temperature for a week, but I do recommend refrigerating the butter if you want to keep it for a few weeks.

This jar was gone by yesterday. Somebody send me to peanut butter rehab!

198 Responses to “Homemade White Chocolate Peanut Butter.”

Corey @ the runner's cookie — March 11, 2011 @ 10:49 am

Wow, looks addicting and amazing!! My jar-a-week habit probably isn’t very economical either…which means I should make this :)

Cara — March 11, 2011 @ 10:50 am

Peanut Butter rehab is not necessary, this behavior is completely acceptable…. or at least that is what I like to tell myself. This PB looks amazingly smooth and creamy!

Heidi — March 11, 2011 @ 10:52 am

Awesome! I’ve never had White Chocolate Wonderful PB but I really want to try it! And since I can’t buy it around here, I’ll just have to make it ;)

Vicki @ Wilde in the Kitchen — March 11, 2011 @ 10:55 am

This looks delicious! I want to whip up a batch, then make peanut butter hybrids out of everything in my pantry. Dark chocolate peanut butter, yum…

Claire — March 11, 2011 @ 11:00 am

If only this had been posted yesterday! I just made the trek to Whole Foods so I could get my fix of White Chocolate Peanut Butter.. $7 later for a jar. Next time I know what I’m doing!

Tracey — March 11, 2011 @ 11:00 am

I’d never heard of white chocolate peanut butter so thanks for introducing me, it sounds awesome!

nancy k — March 11, 2011 @ 11:02 am

This recipe makes me want to run out and purchase a big food processor. I only have a little one and don’t think it could handle this project. I just was checking out a few other blogs and Picky Palate has another decadent peanut butter recipe…she blended in smashed Oreos and white chocolate chips…talk about calories!

• Jessica — March 11th, 2011 @ 11:04 am

I know!! It looks unreal. I am dying to buy some oreos and crush them into this, but that also means I need to make another batch of the peanut butter. Dangerous!

maggie @ a bitchin' kitchen — March 11, 2011 @ 11:06 am

Oooh, please tell me you saw Picky Palate’s post the other day: http://picky-palate.com/2011/03/10/cookies-and-cream-peanut-butter-midnight-snack/

Very similar to yours but with Oreos!

Laura — March 11, 2011 @ 11:11 am

I love White Chocolate Wonderful PB too! Delicious on toast, and great to use in PB pie. Thanks for sharing – will be making some soon!

Melissa — March 11, 2011 @ 11:15 am

I have never had the white chocolate PB combo before . . . maybe I should stay away so I don’t have to add it to my list of addictions. Who am I kidding? I already want to bathe in this stuff!

Ari @ ThE DiVa DiSh — March 11, 2011 @ 11:18 am

i love white chocolate in PB. THis looks delicious. I made one like this with pretzels in it :)

Nicole, RD — March 11, 2011 @ 11:27 am

I have seriously got to start making my own nut butters…and then making them even better with chocolate added in. Brilliant!

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food — March 11, 2011 @ 11:33 am

I would polish a jar of that off in no time!!!

rebecca lustig — March 11, 2011 @ 11:41 am

nut butters are SO expensive– this is brilliant!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust — March 11, 2011 @ 11:46 am

This looks yummy! I’d have to hide it from my husband. He’s the PB eater in our house. There will be a full jar and a couple days later I’ll go to make cookies and it’s gone.

Salah@myhealthiestlife — March 11, 2011 @ 11:53 am

omg I like white chocolate more than milk or dark chocolate and I love peanut butter like its my job…..I feel completely beside myself right now!

Ashley — March 11, 2011 @ 11:57 am

The white chocolate made it SOOOO creamy!!! I love that little jar too. :)

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather — March 11, 2011 @ 12:00 pm

I cannot believe i’ve never had white chocolate wonder before. I’m much more of a dark bitter chocolate girl so I guess that makes sense.

Looks so creamy! Homemade PB is the bomb.

megan — March 11, 2011 @ 12:07 pm

This does look wonderful. And just when I was getting a little wiggle room in my jeans. (sigh)

Kayla (Little Miss Healthify) — March 11, 2011 @ 12:11 pm

I would have eaten the whole jar, too!! I actually did this once, out of pure boredom. We had some leftover melted white chocolate so I stirred it into some peanut butter, it was amazing.

Elle — March 11, 2011 @ 12:26 pm

You never cease to amaze me! I’ve got to try making my own pb.

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — March 11, 2011 @ 12:27 pm

Oh my lord…this is simply a fantastic idea!!! Did you just keep it in a mason jar? or emptied out pb jar?

Christina — March 11, 2011 @ 12:28 pm

Wow, making your own peanut butter. You are a genius.

Joanna@ Drizzle of Sunshine — March 11, 2011 @ 12:35 pm

How about Nutella Peanut Butter? eh? eh? sounds delicious!!

Rachel Wilkerson — March 11, 2011 @ 12:45 pm

Dear Jess,

I recently accused you of trying to get me wifed. This post proves you are innocent. You are CLEARLY trying to fatten me…which will totally throw a wrench in the whole getting wifed thing.

So help me please! Do I have to wait until after I get a ring to start making all your recipes? How did you do it???

Love,
    Maybe I’d Rater Be Fat than Married in Houston

EatLiveRun — March 11, 2011 @ 12:53 pm

oh wow–I NEED a food processor. Stat. This looks amazing!

Melissa @ "EatontheRun" — March 11, 2011 @ 12:56 pm

I cried reading this post. My friends always suggest peanut butter when I’m down, and right now I’m down. This is my one way ticket back to happy land. Haha!

Kocinera — March 11, 2011 @ 12:56 pm

Wow! That peanut butter looks so creamy and so smooth and so chocolatey and so delicious. I’m eating breakfast right now and would definitely love to be able to spread a huge glob of it all over my toast. Yum!!

Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef — March 11, 2011 @ 1:09 pm

i’ve never had white chocolate PB but you’ve convinced me now!

Jess — March 11, 2011 @ 1:22 pm

peanut butter is definitely in my favorite foods of all time. i just can’t get enough.

Natalia - a side of simple — March 11, 2011 @ 1:37 pm

I considered giving up visiting your blog for Lent this year. Yea… true story.

• Jessica — March 11th, 2011 @ 2:06 pm

Noooooo.

I can’t believe I have never made homemade peanut butter before… odd… I need to get on that like right now.

Susan (Oliepants) — March 11, 2011 @ 2:17 pm

I used to hate white chocolate but now it’s making a comeback to my palette! What a great way to use it. Can I just say that I too have that sea shell spoon! :)

Leah @ Why Deprive? — March 11, 2011 @ 3:32 pm

You’re a genius. White chocolate peanut butter is the best thing ever!

maria — March 11, 2011 @ 4:10 pm

my mouth just started watering. I just bought a blender with a food processor attachment. I will have to break that thing out!

The Mommy — March 11, 2011 @ 4:17 pm

This post is not good for my 8-months pregnant cravings! :)

jenna — March 11, 2011 @ 4:35 pm

you are a genious…this loooks so smooth and delicious!!

Jen H — March 11, 2011 @ 5:01 pm

I haven’t been able to find White Chocolate Wonderful here so LOVE that you posted your own version of it. I can’t wait to make this!

marla {family fresh cooking} — March 11, 2011 @ 8:04 pm

Jessica, I love Trader Joe’s. It is my go-to market. I have never seen that PB cream cheese spread, but I make something like that over here anyway. Loving your creamy white choc PB. Nice! xo

Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) — March 11, 2011 @ 8:56 pm

My two favorite foods in the world, omg it looks so unbelievable!

Dishes of Mrs. Fish — March 11, 2011 @ 9:52 pm

Genius idea!

Adam — March 11, 2011 @ 9:54 pm

I never thought that someone else could share my deep love and obsession with peanut butter. My number one comfort food is a jar a peanut butter and a spoon, and it’s something I have put into practice more than a few (hundred) times :). For some reason I have yet to make my own peanut butter, perhaps because it could get very dangerous :). I also have to say that ever since I started reading a few weeks ago, I’ve become a bigger and bigger fan. Thanks for another entertaining post :).

Justeen @ Blissful Baking — March 11, 2011 @ 10:07 pm

Ohh this peanut butter looks sooo dreamy! I just want to put a huge spoonful of it right into my mouth! Too bad I gave up sugar for lent :(

Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels — March 11, 2011 @ 10:22 pm

Wow that looks AMAZING! I want to dunk my head in that white chocolate peanut butter. :)

Karolina — March 11, 2011 @ 11:54 pm

Wow…this was a very dangerous thing that you just posted!! I’m wondering how I could make this without a food processor…

• Jessica — March 12th, 2011 @ 12:07 am

Blender maybe?

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — March 12, 2011 @ 12:03 am

That would definitely save me some money!!! I go through that stuff like crazy!! It is insanely good in Source Vanilla yogurt, believe it or not.

Jason — March 12, 2011 @ 7:53 am

God that sounds so good! I made some Honey Roasted Cashew Butter a few weeks ago. I made it into a Cashew Butter Valrhona Chcolate Ice Cream. I want to try this with other nuts and use it in a mousse or cheesecake.

monikapaprika — March 12, 2011 @ 9:48 am

This sounds absolutely delightfully delicious! I’m running low on my favorite peanut butter, but with plenty of peanuts in the cupboard I may have to try this out this weekend.

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — March 12, 2011 @ 10:24 am

Love this idea! I’ve been making the same old peanut butter with milk chocolate combination – boring. I need to try some of this.

Amanda @ The Artsy Kitchen — March 12, 2011 @ 12:14 pm

I would have definitely just eaten this straight up on a spoon too! I think there was an episode of Best Thing I Ever Ate that featured some white chocolate peanut butter with pretzels mixed in, that sounds really good too!!

I have that same little bowl from anthropologie, love it!! :)