So… you want to know what kind of peanut butter was in that peanut butter and jelly snack cake?

It would be these peanuts.

Churned into this.

Then swirled into this.

Oh… with a little bit of this throw in.

And changing this beauty…

…into this.

Please.

I think we all know my deep obsession with white chocolate wonderful peanut butter. What we don’t all know is how serious my jar-a-week habit is. Well, I know. Mr. How Sweet knows.

Our bank account knows.

My jeans know.

Something had to be done.

So last weekend I snapped out of my peanut butter addiction denial and whipped up a batch. Then I ate it. And I put some in that cake. Then I ate the rest. It tastes just like white chocolate wonderful. But it’s even creamier. It’s like silk. Silk in peanut butter form.

Don’t mind me. I’m going to go die now.

Homemade White Chocolate Peanut Butter

makes about 3/4 cup

1 1/2 cups dry, roasted peanuts (I used salted)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil

1/3 cup white chocolate chips/chunks/bars, melted

Add peanuts to a food processor and blend until a thick nut butter forms. Stream in oil and vanilla with the processor on, continuing to run it until the mixture is smooth – this took me about 3-4 minutes. You can add more oil if needed, just do it in small increments. Turn off processor, add melted chocolate, and turn processor back on. Blend until smooth.

I kept mine at room temperature for a week, but I do recommend refrigerating the butter if you want to keep it for a few weeks.

This jar was gone by yesterday. Somebody send me to peanut butter rehab!

197 Responses to “Homemade White Chocolate Peanut Butter.”

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan — March 12, 2011 @ 12:23 pm

Oh my gawd. You just combined two of my favorite flavors EVER, in one jar. (Thank you for leaving out my third favorite, though: garlic.) This looks especially amazing because I no longer let myself buy White Chocolate Wonderful. ;)

dixie — March 12, 2011 @ 12:35 pm

I love PB&Co peanut butters, the honey one is awesome too, but the White Chocolate is our favorite! The kids eat it with apples, bananas, my daughter likes to heat it and put it on her chocolate ice cream. At $6 a jar in the PNW it gets mighty expensive. I never even thought of trying to make my own, how frigging easy it sounds. Well now I am going to make my own. Thanks! I wonder if I can make a peanut butter banana? I am going to try.

• Jessica — March 12th, 2011 @ 12:39 pm

I think you could make a single serving of a banana peanut butter, but probably not more after that since bananas go bad quickly. You could always put some banana extract in a homemade peanut butter though!

Gina — March 12, 2011 @ 1:06 pm

If you do find a peanut butter rehab, let me know! My addiction is just as serious as yours! :)

briana — March 12, 2011 @ 1:57 pm

What a fantastic idea!:) Thanks for sharing!! I think I will try to make a white chocolate almond butter!

teresa — March 12, 2011 @ 2:00 pm

Jessica~you are AMAZING!
    I mean seriously…AMAZING!
    And I just adore your personality!
    Yes I do!
    What lens do you use to take pictures such as these?
    You may have featured camera~lens info on your blog.
    I seriously need a good close up lens!
    These pics are fabulous!
    And so are YOU!
    I love how you celebrate food and life!
    xo

• Jessica — March 12th, 2011 @ 2:03 pm

Hi Teresa! I use a 35mm f/1.8.
      Thank you. :)

teresa — March 12, 2011 @ 2:14 pm

Thanks Sweet~pea~zee!
    Maybe I should consider a 35 mm vs a 50mm!
    Hugs!
    xo

Maranda — March 12, 2011 @ 2:55 pm

You’re killing me here lady!

Ellie@fitforthesoul — March 12, 2011 @ 3:51 pm

Haha you’re a truly naughty girl Jessica~ :P and I mean it in the most loving sense of the word.

Eileen — March 12, 2011 @ 4:47 pm

Wow, this sounds delicious! I didn’t realize peanut butter was so easy to make! I am definitely going to make my own peanut butter and the flavor combinations are endless!

Kelly H. — March 12, 2011 @ 5:44 pm

So I just found your blog a couple of days ago…and today I made this PB…I salute you!! Amazing–it’s like White Chocolate Wonderful and Natural Peanut Butter had a beautiful baby!!

Alaina — March 12, 2011 @ 8:22 pm

Uhhhhhhh…..

*died*

Erin @ The Houndstooth Apron — March 12, 2011 @ 10:01 pm

Jessica. You are the devil for posting this recipe.

My food processor is out. Off to the store for white chocolate.

I might have eaten the last of my PB Co with a spoon on Wednesday. Maybe I did. Refilling the jar with this in about 20 minutes.

Moni'sMeals — March 12, 2011 @ 11:07 pm

good golly! I must have now now now. Thanks for this amazing twist on my two favorite things.

Erin — March 12, 2011 @ 11:38 pm

I just made dark-chocolate-chip-sea-salted almond butter no more than 2 hours ago, and now you have me wanting to go back in the kitchen to make this sinful masterpiece…

I love you, but my pants hate you.

Kristen — March 13, 2011 @ 12:49 am

White Chocolate Wonderful is by far my favorite!!! My brother lives in NYC and went to the PB&Co. cafe to get me a whole bag of jars straight from the source for Christmas. I feel like I need to go buy a food processor now so I can go make this.

BrandyK — March 13, 2011 @ 9:36 am

Holy smokes! I have an obsessive peanut butter addiction too.
    Why am I not making the stuff myself?! I’m inspired now! Thank you so much for the great post. Love your blog!!!

Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries — March 13, 2011 @ 4:15 pm

Ohhh dear sweet baby Jesus. This is heaven in peanut butter form.

Emily — March 13, 2011 @ 6:37 pm

Um, yes please. Thie looks amazing!

kate@ahealthypassion — March 13, 2011 @ 8:29 pm

oh yessss I love white chocolate wonderful!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — March 13, 2011 @ 8:56 pm

Oh my goodness… I’m in love!

Beth@Give a girl the right shoes — March 13, 2011 @ 9:29 pm

This recipe looks delicious, I can’t wait to go try it!!

sara — March 14, 2011 @ 12:57 am

Ooooh, this looks SO good! I definitely need to make it. I’ve never made my own peanut butter, but the prospect of white chocolate peanut butter could definitely convince me!

Kirsten — March 14, 2011 @ 9:16 am

I made this last night & it is absolutely AMAZING! Put it on my toast this morning! :) Keep the scrumptious recipes coming! Love your blog!

• Jessica — March 14th, 2011 @ 2:47 pm

Thank you so much!!

Theresa — March 14, 2011 @ 10:29 am

I tried this the other day and it was fantastic!! Thanks for the recipe. I put it in the fridge and it totally hardened up though. Any suggestions??

• Jessica — March 14th, 2011 @ 2:46 pm

All nut butters harden in the fridge. There is really no way around it, other than leaving it out at room temperature. If you think you will consume it in a week or two, leave it out. Otherwise, refrigeration is suggested because the oil in nuts can go rancid.

Erin A — March 14, 2011 @ 5:06 pm

Oh yummy! I wish I had seen this for two reasons…I recently posted about National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day AND I also posted a White Chocolate Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake for National White Chocolate Cheesecake day, on my blog! This would have been awesome to reference too!

Rachel — March 14, 2011 @ 5:46 pm

Can you send a can through the computer right now, pretty please? I’m drooling!!

• Jessica — March 14th, 2011 @ 9:35 pm

I would love to! :)

Maris (In Good Taste) — March 14, 2011 @ 6:12 pm

Double fudge ANYTHING sounds good to me!

Mackenzie@The Caramel Cookie — March 14, 2011 @ 9:31 pm

I wish my food processor hadn’t burned up so I could make this. YUM!

christa — March 14, 2011 @ 11:46 pm

I just made this in my little cuisinart, it might be just a tad grainy but OH MY LORD it is amazing! I dont know what the PB&Co is bc I haven’t tried it but this tastes just like my favorite crunch topping from Dairy Queen! Thanks for posting this…..DELICIOUS!

Rachel Jones — March 15, 2011 @ 9:23 pm

Tyler Florence was waxing poetic about this white chocolate pretzel peanut butter that he loves (Best Thing I Ever Ate show)….what about putting pretzels into that lovely concoction of yours?
    Rachel

Dakota Campbell — March 17, 2011 @ 11:57 am

I am not sure if someone asked this already but I dont have a food processor…can I use a blender? Thanks!

Dirk — March 18, 2011 @ 10:12 am

I’ve got to try this!!

Dakota Campbell — March 18, 2011 @ 4:20 pm

Just made this…amazing : ) Thanks so much! I may never buy peanut butter again….LOVE IT!

• Jessica — March 18th, 2011 @ 6:02 pm

Great to hear!

Lauren — March 20, 2011 @ 9:49 pm

Just made this – The BEST peanut butter I have EVER tasted! Dipped apple slices in it. Sooooo good!

• Lauren — March 25th, 2011 @ 7:01 pm

Finished it in less than a week… so I made more. :) I even doubled it this time!

Kim — March 21, 2011 @ 1:26 pm

Jessica! I just stumbled across your website, and I am SO impressed. Thank you :)

I made this with unsalted peanuts, which might perhaps account for the low amount of oil that I needed to use. I wasn’t able to find good quality white chocolate this time around, so I used a bar of Lindt Excellence White Chocolate Coconut. The PB lacks a perfectly smooth texture, but if you like coconut, give it a try :)

Kim

• Jessica — March 21st, 2011 @ 2:13 pm

Thanks Kim! I love coconut – that sounds fabulous.

Myaa — March 29, 2011 @ 7:32 pm

I just made this 15 minutes ago and it will not make it past about 3 days! I used olive oil because I don’t have any canola oil and it tastes great! Thanks for the recipe, it’s a keeper!

Annabelle — March 30, 2011 @ 7:32 pm

Like you I LOVE White Chocolate Peanut Butter and I always have a stock!!! But it would be awesome to try making one on my own. I do have a question though….what brand of white chocolate do you use because they don’t all taste the same :D

Thank you! Thank you! And I’m glad to have found you blog!

Monica — April 7, 2011 @ 12:37 am

You are my kind of girl – white chocolate + peanut butter = LOVE!

Kristie — April 23, 2011 @ 7:47 pm

Jessica, this was amazing. My hubby and I went through a jar in less than a week, and the day I made it we both just stood in the kitchen licking the food processor clean (minus the blade; we were thinking smart!). Heavenly stuff :).

hillarie — April 24, 2011 @ 4:44 pm

Ohhhhhhh my god! This is incredible…….and very dangerous! Help! I’ve eaten almost the whole batch this weekend! Help!!!!!

AikoVenus — April 27, 2011 @ 11:07 am

That looks great! I plan on using some white chocolate peanut butter for one of my recipes – do you know if it freezes well?

Lauren @ Healthy Food For Living — May 12, 2011 @ 3:12 pm

I just made this, and oh boy. Trouble for PB & Co. I don’t think I ever need to buy White Chocolate Wonderful again!

Malissa — June 4, 2011 @ 5:48 pm

Oh man, I just made this. I could seriously eat this entire jar full! Thanks for the recipe!

Andrea — July 21, 2011 @ 8:58 am

Uuuuh, I just made it! SOO good!!! Will have to do it again. Oh boy… my pants are already tight ;)
    Thanks for putting this out there!

Rachel @ Bakerita — October 21, 2011 @ 8:24 pm

I’ve made this before, with some pretzels thrown in to copy Spread restaurant’s white chocolate pretzel PB and it was the most heavenly thing ever tasted…ever.

Kaisa - lostyarnloft — November 6, 2011 @ 9:08 pm

Yes Please!!! You have made my day! I just had the hubby buy a TON of peanuts to make peanut butter and now I can make white chocolate wonderful too?!? Best.Day.Ever! :D Thankssss!

Trish — March 11, 2012 @ 5:58 pm

Wow! My daughter (12) and I just made this and she did the happy dance and then promptly toasted cinnamon bagels and put this on top. I’m so done with store bought. Thank you!!

Kathy — August 13, 2012 @ 1:39 pm

Can this be made with sugar free white chocolate? Does anyone sell sugarfree white chocolate?

Nicole — November 6, 2012 @ 10:07 pm

This is really cruel of you!
    I’m sure I will eat this in one sitting.
    Yummmmmmm!

Allison @ thebakingyear — July 14, 2013 @ 3:13 pm

I’m assuming you’ve had peanut butter & co’s white chocolate peanut butter? it’s absolutely delicious and I have no doubt that this is too. What a fun thing to try!