1. The Easter bunny left me an Easter basket packed to the brim with Trader Joe’s treats.

Because nothing says “I love you” like your favorite fruit leather fiber supplements.

2. Many of you have been asking what I thought of Water for Elephants after seeing it on Saturday. I loved it… as a movie. As usual, the book was 8 billion times better. But I still really enjoyed the movie and will probably buy it and watch it 54 times in a row while Mr. How Sweet whines. I was disappointed that they left so much out of the film – I understand they couldn’t include everything, but I thought some major plot lines and characters were left out. That, and I’ve decided I want a pet elephant.

3. Yesterday for dessert we had orange cake, brownie pops, coconut cream pie, an assortment of other pies, funfetti cookies, ricotta pie, and cheesecake. We also had spring m&m’s, jelly beans, Sarris chocolate peanut butter and coconut eggs, chocolate covered Oreos and tons of Reese’s eggs. I’m okay with not seeing sweets again until next week. Orrrrr…. until tomorrow when I make you cupcakes.

4. Best book you’ve read lately? Go!

5. I made a new summer kitchen playlist. This is just a little taste. I’m still 70 years old. Maybe even older.

6. I’M OUT OF BACON.

7. Sorry to shout, but that’s a pretty big deal.

93 Responses to “A Monday List.”

skye — April 25, 2011 @ 9:06 pm

i have had my nose buried in the outlander series by diana gabaldon for several months now. i can’t put it down but i don’t want to finish it! it is an excellent read!

if the peanut butter eggs in my desk don’t disappear soon i might have to check myself in to betty ford. is there a 12-step program for those?

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust — April 25, 2011 @ 9:35 pm

I so totally need to go to Trader Joe’s. I learned today they sell frozen mini blueberries. I need to go. Soon.

I’ve read so many good books lately! Sing you Home by Jodi Piccoult was awesome. So was Emily and Einstein (can’t remember the author) and the most recent (or any really) Dean Koontz book.

presley — April 25, 2011 @ 9:44 pm

I think the Easter bunny forgot to forward my gifts to my new address. Pretty pissed. ;)

Katie — April 25, 2011 @ 10:05 pm

Best Easter basket ever.

Christina — April 25, 2011 @ 11:09 pm

chick books: Something Borrowed/Something Blue

Non-gender specific: Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs

Our stand alone freezer is riddled with bacon… it’s like the best thing to be riddled with. Yall can help yourself to some :)

Julie @SavvyEats — April 25, 2011 @ 11:22 pm

Have you read any of Jen Lancaster’s books? I just finished two of them and loved them!

megly — April 26, 2011 @ 12:30 am

I’m with Foodiebia – if you like Tina Fey, read Bossypants. I was LOLing in every chapter. Gah, it was sooo good!

Hannah — April 26, 2011 @ 12:38 am

Best book in recent weeks? This Is How, by M.J. Hyland. Absolutely blew me away, as I had no idea the plot was going to go where it went, and the character’s voice was amazing. I recommend reading it without looking up what it’s about :P

Gen — April 26, 2011 @ 5:38 am

I actually just finished Water for Elephants and have been wanting to see the movie…….I just usually don’t like watching movies after I read the books…..
    Right now, I’m reading the scorch trials, which is the sequel to the maze runner!

Lauren — April 26, 2011 @ 7:41 am

i just finished The Kite Runner a couple of weeks ago, it’s really good! Sad– but a great look into the lives of a culture many people know very little of. I also saw Lincoln Lawyer this weekend and my boyfriend said it stayed very true to the book, with very few changes. Oh, and he said the book was great! So you could go either way on that one! Peace and love to you.

melissa — April 26, 2011 @ 7:59 am

I am gonna have to agree with several others here – although im not currrently reading it, best book series (along with HP) i’ve ever read is diana gabaldon’s outlander series. you should definitely try it out!

and very cute easter basket:)

Carrie — April 26, 2011 @ 8:08 am

I just re-read Pride and Prejudice for the first time in many years. It was just as good as I remembered it. No one does love and angst as well as Jane Austen!

Christine — April 26, 2011 @ 8:46 am

tommy p always makes my kitchen playlist! <3

Amy — April 26, 2011 @ 8:57 am

started a bookclub in December with my girlfriends. we finally all finished the book (i finished in January) and discussed on Saturday (girl with the dragon tattoo). we also decided to skip the next two books for now and read water for elephants since we assume we will all enjoy it more and b/c the movie is out. i’m excited to read it now, hearing all these rave reviews!!

Jes — April 26, 2011 @ 9:07 am

I am totally hooked on Jen Lacaster these days. I’ve read them all except Bright Lights, Big Ass. I read Water for Elephants last summer. I think it was one of the best I’ve ever read. I liked it so much I’m afraid to see the movie.

Being out of bacon is a tragedy!!! If I could send you some I would.

Beth @ bethcooks — April 26, 2011 @ 9:07 am

Best book lately is definitely Half Broke Horses, the second book by Jeannette Walls. It’s a lot like Glass Castle, but in a different generation of her family. I love true stories and memoirs :)

Christa — April 26, 2011 @ 9:49 am

I havent had a chance to read it yet, but I stumbled across the St. Simons trilogy by Eugenia Price. I may be pretty biased because she was a local author (but very well known around the country) and this set of 3 books is based on St. Simons Island, GA where I live. They are about real people that had a lot to do with the history of the island and I cant wait to get my hands on the first in the series, “Lightening”

Kathleen @ Kat's Health Corner — April 26, 2011 @ 9:50 am

Whenever I read your posts, I am always smiling. They make my day complete. Thank you for all of the time and effort you put into it! :D

Leigh — April 26, 2011 @ 9:54 am

I saw Water for Elephants this Saturday with my mom…and I totally agree with your comments! I begged and begged for a pet elephant for Easter…but my wishes were not granted. Sad face.

Kathleen — April 26, 2011 @ 10:09 am

Last few books I have read:

-The Jungle – so interesting, kind of like watching a Matt Damon Movie :)

-The Lincoln Lawyer – better than the movie, very good, easy read

-Water for Elephants – saw the movie too, totally agree, I wish they had put some more of the plot in, but i guess a movie can only be so long :)

Krystal — April 26, 2011 @ 10:51 am

I agree about the Water For Elephants movie… but Robert Pattinson looked delicious and I’m not usually his fan.
    I left begging my boyfriend for an elephant as well. He’s thisclose to moving somewhere that would allow room for a pet elephant. One can dream, right?

Marcee .... ILLINOIS — April 26, 2011 @ 11:39 am

Jessica …. perfect cake to celebrate Catherine’s & William’s wedding! Going to use your recipe! Simple ingredients. Coconut + orange = mighty tasty!

BOOKS = usually read 4-6 at once. I {{heart}} biographies a lot.
    Amy K. Rosenthal …. Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life ~
    Christopher Gavigan …. Healthy Child Healthy World ~ ~
    Kitty Burns Florey …. Sister Bernadette’s Barking Dog ~ ~ ~
    Ian McEwan …. Atonement ~~~~ (also) Amsterdam ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Dodd Darin …. Dream Lovers ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Currently 15+ books are waiting for me on my coffee table!

Garage/lawn sales are fabulous. Summer of 2010 I bought many (barely used) books. One can truly find a fantastic read for 25-50 cents!

Looking forward to seeing the WFE movie. Book sounds wonderful.

Andi — April 26, 2011 @ 12:43 pm

The last reeeeeeeeeallly good book I read was “The Help.” Such a great read!

natalie (the sweets life) — April 26, 2011 @ 12:56 pm

After a weekend of sweet I vowed to stay away and then I went and made a batch of ice cream last night, ha.

I’m 100 pages away from finishing The 19th Wife…it is absolutely fascinating, I highly recommend! Also–The Help is great!

Brooke — April 26, 2011 @ 1:31 pm

Totally fell upon these at the library–Honolulu (and Molokai) by Alan Brennert. Both are historical fiction, starting in the late 1800′s. The former is the story of a Korean girl who moves to Honolulu as a picture bride to try and make a better life for herself. Molokai is the story of a family separated by leprosy (some of them end up segregated on the Molokai leper colony). Great writing!

Leslie — April 26, 2011 @ 1:54 pm

Two good books I read lately:
    Room
    Riding the Bus with my Sister

Oh yea, and I have to brag a bit. My aunt is friends with Tom Petty. I’ve met him a few times and once I even babysat his kids. I’m old, this was in the 80′s!

• Christine — April 27th, 2011 @ 5:28 pm

WHAT!??? I’ve never been so jealous! :)

Sue in MD — April 26, 2011 @ 2:46 pm

Loved Water For Elephants! Probably won’t see the movie because the book was so good and they could never measure up!

Just finished Heaven Is For Real….and I HIGHLY recommend it!! WoW!

Also, ANYTHING by Jodi Picoult….my favorite being My Sister’s Keeper. (don’t see the movie, though…or if you did see the movie already….YOU MUST READ THE BOOK!!! So different…and so much better)

Also, for a great classic….To Kill A Mockingbird….or Of Mice and Men….

Thanks for doing this….I’m looking for a few good reads for summer! :o)

Nicole — April 26, 2011 @ 3:55 pm

The last book I read was The Help and I loved it. It is also being made into a movie. I agree they left so much out in Water for Elephants, but still satisfied with the movie overall. I just started reading Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin and I can’t put it down.

Amanda V. — April 26, 2011 @ 8:09 pm

I just read The Time Travelers Wife and loved it!!

elle marie — April 27, 2011 @ 12:45 am

I have bacon maybe a handful of times a year, let me just say, I love its crispiness…

Jess Preder — May 27, 2011 @ 10:16 pm

I totally agree on Water for Elephants! I wasn’t too disappointed in it but they left out some major stuff.
    The Help is an amazing book and so is the Hunger Games series! I also love Jenny B Jones (NOT to be confused with Junie B Jones!). Save the Date is her newest and it is so great, I love quit wit in a writer!

1. Pingback: Building a List Offers 3 Valuable Intangibles | Direktori Indonesia