Pinterest is killing me.

Cupcake Fondue I howsweeteats.com

Really it is. My demise has began.

It’s making me sit on my rear for hours at a time and skip workouts and go to bed at a highly unreasonable hour and make things like this cupcake fondue. All signs point to a heart attack if you ask me.

Cupcake Fondue I howsweeteats.com

Why didn’t someone warn me just how addicting it was is? Why doesn’t my home look like any of the ones I pin? Why does it make me want to stand in front of the stove all day like it’s 1955? Why haven’t I ever made cupcake fondue in my incredibly deprived life?

And more importantly, why didn’t anyone tell me that wasabi peas were so… wasabic? My tongue hurts.

Cupcake Fondue I howsweeteats.com

[As a side note, how cute are my little cupcakes’ brightly colored unmentionables way up there? Heather sent me those a while back. I love cupcake liner lingerie.]

Cupcake Fondue I howsweeteats.com

Remember when I gave you a sneak peek of these pictures on Facebook yesterday and you all thought I made brownie pops? Tricked you, didn’t I?

You should be glad.

This is soooo much more exciting.

Funner. Prettier. Fancier. Sparklier.

So awesome that I make up words to describe them.

Cupcake Fondue I howsweeteats.com

Not only are they super fun, but they are 100% customizable. Unless you want to make some sort of vegetable cupcakes and dip them in some sort of something not sweet at all. Not allowed. That is unacceptable.

Cupcake Fondue I howsweeteats.com

Cupcake Fondue

idea from pintsizesocial via bakeitpretty

for the mini cupcakes: Easiest would most likey be a boxed mix of your choice, but I used this white cake recipe.

for the “fondue:” You can use either melted white chocolate, vanilla cream glaze, or any other frosting of your choice of course. I think it would be great to have multiple fondues (chocolate, vanilla frostings) but I’m not sure how realistic it is – it wasn’t for me!

toppings: various sprinkles, shredded coconut, mini chocolate chips, crushed cookies, etc.

This is really so simple. All you need to do is prepare your frosting or melted chocolate of choice (if it is a glaze/melted chocolate, I suggest keeping the heat on under the fondue pot. If it is frosting such as buttercream (which is possible but would be challenging for “dipping.”) keep the heat off under the fondue pot. Assemble small bowls with your toppings of choice. Bake your cupcake flavor of choice in mini liners and serve!

Cupcake Fondue I howsweeteats.com

Now here’s a serious question: I bet you didn’t think I liked sprinkles this much, did you?

224 Responses to “Cupcake Fondue.”

Erin — April 30, 2011 @ 3:35 am

I think I’ve realized what I’m going to eat for my 18th birthday/graduation celebration. The adorable sweetness of cupcakes with the communal awesomeness of fondue? Perfection!

Carla — May 1, 2011 @ 7:12 am

Perfect timing. I was invited to a cook out yesterday (4/30/11). I had been requested to bring cupcakes. Since the cook out was for children, I thought this cupcake fondue would be perfect. I brought several types of regular cupcakes but, the fondue was a big hit. One adult demonstrated the “how to” to make their own little creation, the children could not wait to take their turn. It was so much fun. Thank you for sharing this post. Everybody
    should try this, is was great.

Elle — May 3, 2011 @ 10:34 am

Oh my gosh, what a genius idea! This would be so much fun for a kid’s party.

JennMarie — May 6, 2011 @ 1:20 am

I cant stop looking at this post! I keep coming back to it. It is everything I love! Cupcakes, sprinkles, and chocolate :) And this Pinterest has me obsessed, I am impatiently waiting for them to send me an invite lol

Ellen — May 6, 2011 @ 10:35 am

OMGaaa I’m catching up on my posts and everything looks Amaaazing! I’m dying over these cupcakes!! xo

Sonya — May 7, 2011 @ 5:58 pm

you are brilliant!!!!!!!!

Jessica — May 12, 2011 @ 8:57 pm

My daughter’s 4th birthday is coming up and I think I just found her “theme”. Thanks so much for this wonderful idea!!

Jessica — May 13, 2011 @ 2:12 pm

Seriously the best idea for a girl’s night party…

Cookin' Cowgirl — May 26, 2011 @ 9:50 am

You have been awarded the One Lovely Blog Award! Congratulations! I have featured you here:

christine — June 5, 2011 @ 8:28 am

i just made this for my cousins bridal shower. i made dark chocolate, strawberry and vanilla cake and mini brownie cupcakes and had milk chocolate, dark chocolate with sea salt and white chocolate coconut fondue to dip the cakes in as well as bowls of embellishments and decorations. it was a HUGE hit! definitely an awesome idea that i’ll be using for future parties…now…what to do with all of the leftover cupcakes… :)

kalyn — July 17, 2011 @ 11:59 pm

Love this idea! I am such a big fan of the restaurant Melting Pot, so this seems like a fun take on fondue. First time checking out your blog, and I love it!

Danielle — August 1, 2011 @ 1:12 pm

This is perfect for my next dinner party! What a great idea! Do you ever have trouble losing the cupcake in the glaze fondue? I feel like thats the first thing that would happen to me. haha.

Brenda — September 11, 2011 @ 1:54 pm

I can’t wait to try this! Pure genius!

Debbie Hammer — December 22, 2011 @ 12:05 am

I love this idea. I think I know what we are going to do for our next Spring Tea Party with our kids. This looks like so much fun and your pictures are fantastic. Now if I can just get my cupcakes to look like yours when they come out of the oven.

Cathy Salais — January 18, 2012 @ 9:12 pm

All my children are all grown up now so i will make them for myself!!!!!!

Dannyelle — January 19, 2012 @ 8:16 pm

I am in love. Thanks for introducing me to cupcake fondue. Cooler than cool.

Diana — January 27, 2012 @ 9:53 pm

came across this on pinterest today, and i had to comment! WOW what a fun idea…cant wait to do it for my next party!!!

Ilse Devriendt — February 29, 2012 @ 12:08 pm

Absolutely adorable!!

Ann Alexander — March 13, 2012 @ 12:56 pm

Inspirational and sweet! Just like you!

DessertForTwo — March 23, 2012 @ 12:34 pm

I’m so doing this for my bff’s bridal shower! omg best idea ever!!!

1. Pingback: Preparing for Easter « 'lil Burghers

2. Pingback: Go Ahead, Hit That Snooze Button: More Reasons to Turn that Monday Frown Upside Down | The Sometimes Healthy Living Blog

3. Pingback: Delicious Recipes » More cupcake fondue!

4. Pingback: Week of 100 Cupcakes: Tuesday | EatTheWeb

16. Pingback: Gostosura do Dia | Fondue de Cupcake | Blog de Casamento

17. Pingback: Fondue de Cup Cake | Quero +

18. Pingback: Goat Cheese Fondue with Fried Sage. | How Sweet It Is

19. Pingback: Fondue Dinner Party Theme | The Finished Plate

20. Pingback: » 20 Valentine’s Day Ideas for Couples | Navy Crockett

21. Pingback: The Facts on Fondue | Serendipity Catering

22. Pingback: 20 Valentine's Day Ideas for couples - Navy Crockett | Navy Crockett

23. Pingback: Coccole per gli ospiti – La stanza degli ospiti *13 | Con la testa tra le nuvole

24. Pingback: One Lovely Blog Award | Cookin' Cowgirl

25. Pingback: 20 Valentine's Day Ideas for couples - Navy Crockett | Navy Crockett | Gifts For Men

26. Pingback: It’s Friday