This has my name alllll over it.

Cake Batter Martinis I

I know I just shared a big, fuzzy drink with you yesterday but before you go voting me off the island, hear me out.

I teased you about it last week and couldn’t wait another day to share!

So here’s the deal. I strive my hardest to develop recipes to share with you guys that are simple, easy, and most importantly – filled with accessible ingredients that you most likely have on hand.

This obviously doesn’t fit that bill… but can you blame me?

I have no issue running to the grocery store and spending major bucks to create a recipe to tell you about… however, I just can’t justify dropping a benny at the liquor store for one outlandish drink that I may sip once a year. I had all of these ingredients on hand – except for creme do cacao, which I did purchase (it was cheap: $11.)

[And really, while we’re in the circle of trust here I will tell you that I searched high and low (read: 5 different liquor stores) for this cake-flavored vodka. If you can find it… smuggle me a bottle. I’ll zip my lips.]

Cake Batter Martinis I

I highly suggest buying the whipped cream vodka because, um… well hello? It’s whipped cream vodka. For reals. And the Godiva liqueur is just… white chocolate liqueur… does it need an explanation?

K. I’m gonna shut up now because I have you convinced to go buy 7 bottles of booze while you’re still in your pajamas.

I’ll be honest: I didn’t have high expectations for this drink. I love my heavy cream in everything from brownies to mac and cheese, but in my alcoholic drinks? Not a fan. Don’t even try to give me a white russian. But this totally changed my mind. I’m not sure I could drink more than one (okay… who are we kidding…), but they were super fun actually tasted like cake batter. Once in a lifetime drink if ya ask me!

Cake Batter Martinis I

Cake Batter Martinis

adapted from grin and bake it

makes a single serving, is easily multiplied

1 ounce amaretto

1 1/2 ounces Pinnacle whipped cream vodka

1 1/2 ounces creme de cacao

1/2 ounce Godiva white chocolate liqueur

1 ounce heavy cream

assorted sprinkles (nonpareils work best)

Using your finger, coat the rim of your glass with frosting – make sure not to miss any spots! Dump sprinkles on a plate and press glass rim into sprinkles, pressing to adhere. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake for about 30 seconds. Strain into glass and drink!

[If you do not want to buy any of these crazy ingredients, try the original version I adapted above which only requires vanilla vodka. It is still delicious but wasn’t quite “cupcake material” in my opinion. But you know I’m whack.]

Cake Batter Martinis I

Oh P.S. -> just don’t look in the mirror after you’re done. Your lips and tongue will be sprinkle-colored. Totally worth it. Now no more drink recipes! [until next weekend.]

276 Responses to “Cake Batter Martinis.”

tanya — December 19, 2011 @ 6:59 pm

Is this made with whipped cream vodka or cake batter vodka. I am a little confused. Thanks!

• Sherry — March 8th, 2012 @ 7:38 pm

Cake batter if you can get it!

ash — December 19, 2011 @ 11:42 pm

Ren — December 25, 2011 @ 12:19 am

I think she mentioned both because cake batter vodka is sort of hard to come by, but Smirnoff just came out with whipped cream vodka so that’ll probably be easier to find. I know UV and Three Olives make cake batter vodka (UV > Three Olives) but I was only able to find UV Cake in New York (I live in Ohio). Hope that helps!

• Don — December 29th, 2011 @ 1:22 am

The three oilve and UV vodka is called Cake not Cake

Joyce — December 29, 2011 @ 1:40 pm

This is almost like a chocolate martini!!! Sooooo cute though that I need to make it!!!!

Courtney — December 31, 2011 @ 10:37 pm

I tried this with UV’s cake vodka….amazing.

The liquor store here in Vegas sells pinnacle’s cake batter, but they were sold out.

tammy — January 9, 2012 @ 7:02 pm

could us the white cake flavored UV VODKA also

laur — January 12, 2012 @ 7:46 pm

Perfect ladies night cocktail!

Andrea — January 16, 2012 @ 10:54 am

The liquor store up the street from my house sells the Three Olives Cake Vodka!! I’m hooked on it as an upside down pineapple cake drink!! Now you have a contact, lol

• Sarah — February 2nd, 2012 @ 6:13 pm

OMG, Pineapple Upside Down Cake?! Where’s the recipe?!

• RetroMom — February 2nd, 2012 @ 6:40 pm

pinnacle’s flavored vodkas are AMAZING… my fave is the cherry whipped and sprite… it’s just like cherry cream soda. :)

but for the upside down cake one, I added some pineapple soda to the pineapple juice and cake vodka and it was pretty yummy!

• Sarah — February 2nd, 2012 @ 6:59 pm

What brand is the pineapple soda? I’ve never even heard of that before…

• Courtney May — February 16th, 2012 @ 9:48 pm

Faygo has a pineapple flavored soda…but I’m from Michigan and not alot of places have Faygo brand..

• Shannon D — February 18th, 2012 @ 9:12 pm

I believe Goya has a pineapple soda as well. No idea if it’s any good or if it’s widely available, but we have Goya in at least one grocery chain in Vermont. Pinnacle Whipped (and Chocolate Whipped!) are on sale here in a few weeks, for something like $4 off, can’t wait to try them – I’ve been waiting for the $4 savings.

• Wendy — March 11th, 2012 @ 4:11 am

Walmart has their own brand of pineapple soda that is pretty good too! This sounds tastey, gonna have to try!

• Saki — June 3rd, 2012 @ 11:19 am

My husband LOVES pplpaiene upside down cake! …However, I have never made him one in the 11+ years that we have been together. (My mom always feels sorry and makes him one a few times a year.) I may just have to surprise him now though. ;)

Erin — January 18, 2012 @ 9:09 am

This looks amazing! And I usually hate milk with my mixed drinks, too. I recently found that I do enjoy a Brandy Alexander though – I highly recommend them and you’ll have another use for your creme de cacao if you do!

Lazybudgetchef — January 20, 2012 @ 11:11 pm

You are my hero. Plain and simple.

Angela — January 28, 2012 @ 11:49 pm

Wasn’t sure if you knew about this site, but your cake vodka is only $13

Jess — February 2, 2012 @ 12:59 am

Any idea how I could modify this to be a non alcoholic “mock tail” for a 17 year old’s Marilyn Monroe inspired dinner party birthday party?

• Jessica — February 2nd, 2012 @ 8:04 am

Hmmm… you know what if you just did some vanilla almond milk (or something with vanilla) and maybe look for some of those non-alcoholic cocktail mixers that they sell at the grocery store? At least the sell them at my grocery store. I’m thinking as long as the drink still tastes good (I’m not sure how you can mimick the cake flavor without the vodka) you can rim the glass with sprinkles? Or try these with sprinkled rims!

• Angie — February 2nd, 2012 @ 6:25 pm

Use a little bit of actual cake batter. Here’s another recipe:
      Birthday Cake Martini
      1 oz. Pinnacle Cake
      1 tsp. dry vanilla cake mix
      ½ oz. chocolate liqueur
      ½ oz. half & half
      Shake with ice and strain into a
      shot glass. Top with whipped
      cream and colored sprinkles.

Andrea Young — February 2, 2012 @ 6:38 pm

It is about 2 shots of cake vodka or vanilla vodka, about 3-4 shots of pineapple juice garnished with grenadine and a cherry ;) it’s might delish!!

tanya e. — February 2, 2012 @ 6:57 pm

I think iam going to make it this weekend for my friends bday party

Sabrina — February 3, 2012 @ 8:40 pm

This didn’t look or taste like I thought..I had to add milk

maddie m — February 6, 2012 @ 11:59 am

How is this a martini? No gin, no vermouth? Should call it a cake batter cocktail instead.

• think outside the box — February 23rd, 2012 @ 2:35 pm

I cannot stand gin, and though I prefer a good standard vodka martini, there is no “true” definition that insists it be gin. (Yes, I know you’ll go to and try to prove me wrong but someone wrote that just like this, neither one is then more fact than the other.)

AstroJen0424 — February 12, 2012 @ 12:37 am

Made these tonight! Delish – and a new fav! I was able to find all the Pinnacle flavored vodkas at Spec’s in Austin, TX. I bought the cake flavored one. I subbed half and half for the heavy cream since that is what I had on hand. Super yummy :). Thanks!

Alisa — February 17, 2012 @ 12:14 am

Here’s a recipe for the Pineapple upside-down cake martini:

Pineapple Upside-down Cake
    2 oz. Pinnacle Cake
    4 oz. club soda
    Splash pineapple juice
    Mix in a glass filled with ice and
    garnish with a cherry.

Bridgette — February 17, 2012 @ 11:19 pm

Ralph’s grocery store has cake batter vodka….FYI! :) happy drinking!

Elisha — February 18, 2012 @ 11:00 pm

@Ren– three olives cake is available in Ohio, you just have to find someplace that carries it.

I work in a state liquor store in Columbus, OH, and we carry Cake flavor in Three Olives, Pinnacle, and UV.

Flight Training — February 22, 2012 @ 4:43 pm

Oh. Sweet. Lord. This is going to be a very dangerous thing for me (not that it’s going to stop me).

Kriste — February 29, 2012 @ 12:44 pm

Would I be able to make it into shooters instead?

Rose — March 11, 2012 @ 12:04 pm

Looks soooo yummy!!

P.S. We have cake vodka in Fargo! :)

Jana — April 3, 2012 @ 1:09 pm

I share your love for the booze. Pinnacle Vodka is all over the place around here, and I can’t say that I haven’t tried a few varieties. Cotton candy vodka? Oh hell yeah. Gummy (swedish fish) flavored? Come on now. How do you walk by and NOT buy it? Bottoms up!

Kristen — April 15, 2012 @ 10:20 am

I am having a “Ladies Night” for all my girlfriends & I have chosen this our signature cocktail for the evening. Thank you for sharing!

Kaitlyn — April 16, 2012 @ 11:53 pm

We carry the pinnacle whipped and cake vodkas at the bar I tend at. Whipped is Wayyy better tasting.

Jenifer — May 12, 2012 @ 9:35 pm

I’m from Ontario, Canada and they just started selling some of this stuff here… the Pinnacle Whipped Cream, the 3 Olives Cake and the Smirranoff Toasted Marshmallow.

• Maria — August 3rd, 2012 @ 3:47 pm

Ohhhh … toasted Marshmallow vodka & hot chocolate. Mmmmmm … that would be a great winter drink!

Ripley — May 15, 2012 @ 3:18 am

You can also make a smores cocktail with Amareto (just a touch for that deep campfire under tone, Smirnoff toasted marshmallow vodka, Godiva chocolate liquior, milk and use milk to dip rim and then dip in superfine crushed graham crackers. Serve with a few mini marshmallows floating on top or split a jumbo marshmallow to hang on rim like you would put a lemon slice or orange on the rim. Soooooo good=).

Kristen Boyd — May 15, 2012 @ 7:10 pm

Pinnacle makes cake vodka as well as whipped cream vodka. You can get it at Kroger’s liquor store (if youre from the midwest) and I’m sure at any other store :)

DAVID DRYER — May 18, 2012 @ 3:52 am

Great article, Thanks for sharing. By the way, I am a software engineer & I am looking for vacation & one of my relative proposed Alaska fishing trips . He told that they are very good. They provide Alaskan Fishing Packages & Vacations at affordable price. So any response about them is greatly appreciated.

Jennifer F. — June 23, 2012 @ 1:56 am

just turned 21, and saw the pinnacle cake batter vodka in abc store. when i have money enough to have all the ingredients I’ll be trying this recipe. it sounds so amazing!!!

Sharon Peek — June 30, 2012 @ 2:49 pm

Does anyone have a recipe combining flavored vodka’s with cream soda?

• Tracy — July 22nd, 2012 @ 7:24 pm

Pinnacle whipped with diet ginger ale tastes EXACTLY like cream soda (you can use reg ginger ale, but I find it a little too sweet)

• Angel — March 6th, 2013 @ 2:06 am

Vanilla vodka and cream soda is really yummy especially if you use diet cream soda its not so super sweet

p — July 4, 2012 @ 4:10 pm

got to try this one also

Lynae — November 16, 2012 @ 2:46 am

I just went to the nearest grocery store and they had BOTH UV AND Pinacle cake batter vodka!!! I was shocked. Oh snap!!!

Kristina — November 30, 2012 @ 11:35 am

They sell cake batter vodka in so many brands here

idmonegx — March 16, 2013 @ 1:36 pm

Almost certainly many of the blog followers are aware the power of your email marketing promotion. What is more, most of the people are aware that will marketing and advertising by way of web 2 . 0 will be able to improve greatly web-site ratings together with improve your internet appeal. Everything that many of the online surfers are not aware of will be -how they may generate the power of web 2 . 0 with their smaller business’s edge. These are simply some hints which could aid you in your own email marketing passion. It is important to reflect upon on the subject of email marketing is that you simply are thinking about creating a motivating together with completely original unique user generated content. It is just a type material what folks will want to give his or her friends together with supporters for their community single pages. Set up material that’s interesting together with interesting, often not anyone will want to write about the item. Interesting material search engine optimisation sydney is going to travel the attention of this admirers together with readers. They will likely probably like to write about it, that may grow your probability to obtain more supporters together with prospective customers. Depart bedhome with regard to demos together with glitches inside your web 2 . 0 promotional event, a the commencement. Watch for what is and what’s not working. Test everything. Help to help create modifications when necessary. A thing that useful with regard to additional businesses might not be right for you. You ought to learn on your own demos together with glitches. When making use of these promoting, it’s possible you have to together with renew your own center together with objectives all the time. Like this you can expect to continue to goal. Presently right now generally at this time now certainly , truth be told furthermore in that respect so here your numerous arguments that can consider your own marketing and advertising all the way affordable unanticipated techniques. Making it wise to re-evaluate any way it’s going all the time. Take action more regularly. Look at campaigns and then determine what one is a very good. xrtiu6fd8gf

Eric Schlater — April 22, 2013 @ 4:49 pm

Brandy may be served neat or on the rocks (over ice cubes). It may be added to other beverages to make several popular cocktails; these include the Brandy Alexander, the Sidecar, the Brandy Daisy, and the Brandy Old Fashioned.,

Newly released write-up coming from our blog site

create a t-shirt — August 17, 2013 @ 12:08 am

What’s up to all, the contents present at this web page are in fact remarkable for people experience, well, keep up the good work fellows.

Pam — June 30, 2014 @ 9:36 am

Sounds interesting…but not a martini! More like a White Russian!

Mary Lou — November 28, 2015 @ 10:09 am

Just want you know that this is still one of my favourite cocktails ever! People still comment on it four years after we served it as our signature cocktail our annual tree decorating party.

Thanks for so much inspiration over the years.

1. Pingback: Ab Fab Friday: Sprinkles | A SHINY LIFE

2. Pingback: Thirsty Thursday: Cake Batter Martinis | Clare Cooks!

3. Pingback: 10 Cocktails Inspired By 50 Cent Lyrics | baked