This has my name alllll over it.

Cake Batter Martinis I howsweeteats.com

I know I just shared a big, fuzzy drink with you yesterday but before you go voting me off the island, hear me out.

I.couldn’t.help.it.

I teased you about it last week and couldn’t wait another day to share!

So here’s the deal. I strive my hardest to develop recipes to share with you guys that are simple, easy, and most importantly – filled with accessible ingredients that you most likely have on hand.

This obviously doesn’t fit that bill… but can you blame me?

I have no issue running to the grocery store and spending major bucks to create a recipe to tell you about… however, I just can’t justify dropping a benny at the liquor store for one outlandish drink that I may sip once a year. I had all of these ingredients on hand – except for creme do cacao, which I did purchase (it was cheap: $11.)

[And really, while we're in the circle of trust here I will tell you that I searched high and low (read: 5 different liquor stores) for this cake-flavored vodka. If you can find it... smuggle me a bottle. I'll zip my lips.]

Cake Batter Martinis I howsweeteats.com

I highly suggest buying the whipped cream vodka because, um… well hello? It’s whipped cream vodka. For reals. And the Godiva liqueur is just… white chocolate liqueur… does it need an explanation?

K. I’m gonna shut up now because I have you convinced to go buy 7 bottles of booze while you’re still in your pajamas.

I’ll be honest: I didn’t have high expectations for this drink. I love my heavy cream in everything from brownies to mac and cheese, but in my alcoholic drinks? Not a fan. Don’t even try to give me a white russian. But this totally changed my mind. I’m not sure I could drink more than one (okay… who are we kidding…), but they were super fun actually tasted like cake batter. Once in a lifetime drink if ya ask me!

Cake Batter Martinis I howsweeteats.com

Cake Batter Martinis

adapted from grin and bake it

makes a single serving, is easily multiplied

1 ounce amaretto

1 1/2 ounces Pinnacle whipped cream vodka

1 1/2 ounces creme de cacao

1/2 ounce Godiva white chocolate liqueur

1 ounce heavy cream

assorted sprinkles (nonpareils work best)

frosting

Using your finger, coat the rim of your glass with frosting – make sure not to miss any spots! Dump sprinkles on a plate and press glass rim into sprinkles, pressing to adhere. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake for about 30 seconds. Strain into glass and drink!

[If you do not want to buy any of these crazy ingredients, try the original version I adapted above which only requires vanilla vodka. It is still delicious but wasn't quite "cupcake material" in my opinion. But you know I'm whack.]

Cake Batter Martinis I howsweeteats.com

Oh P.S. -> just don’t look in the mirror after you’re done. Your lips and tongue will be sprinkle-colored. Totally worth it. Now no more drink recipes! [until next weekend.]

266 Responses to “Cake Batter Martinis.”

Shari @ Chicago Cuisine Critique — July 31, 2011 @ 12:15 pm

You have outdone yourself again. Me + anything cake batter = one happy girl. Thanks for sharing! :)

• Kris — August 24th, 2011 @ 2:34 am

Me too! lol

alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — July 31, 2011 @ 12:53 pm

super clever!

mrow — July 31, 2011 @ 1:18 pm

they have a cake flavored vodka too, yum

Krystina — July 31, 2011 @ 1:42 pm

I just scared the crap out of my boyfriend by moaning out “OH MY GOD!” as soon as I saw these. I want one. I want ten. I hope no one minds peeling me off the ground.

Krystina — July 31, 2011 @ 1:48 pm

Also, I saw the cake flavor! I almost bought it, but I couldn’t convince said scared boyfriend to buy a big bottle of vodka with a cupcake on it.

Victoria @ The Pursuit of Hippieness — July 31, 2011 @ 4:36 pm

Oh. My. Goodness. You have really outdone yourself! And they just LOOK so pretty!

Nicole — July 31, 2011 @ 10:28 pm

Ahh yes, cake vodka. You should look in Michigan for UV Cake Vodka. It’s made here in Minnesota so you might be more likely to find it in MI! It’s rather tasty!

• Whitney — August 1st, 2011 @ 8:45 am

I was just in Minnesota this weekend and had the UV cake vodka and you’re right – it’s delicious!

• Nikki Kelly — October 27th, 2011 @ 6:31 pm

I live in Denver, and they sell the UV cake vodka at many of our lq’s. Delicious btw, it tastes like frosting, but I’ve got to try this drink! It’s a must.

Jameslynn — July 31, 2011 @ 11:04 pm

This looks absolutely amazing. I’m surprised you don’t have the Cake Vodka yet, we have it at our bar here in Lancaster, PA. But then again it might of been purchased in MD or DE. (Shhhh…) But it’s not as good as it looks. I was a little bummed out. Too strong on the vodka taste to be on its own and can’t find the right mixers yet. Good luck on your search for it though!!

• Erin — August 11th, 2011 @ 7:25 pm

I’ve had the Pinnacle cake vodka, haven’t tried UV yet. I mixed it with club soda and it seemed perfect! If you haven’t tried it with that yet, I definitely would!!

• Rachel — November 14th, 2011 @ 10:19 pm

The best thing I’ve done with the UV Cake Vodka so far is make a Pineapple Upside down cake. It’s ridiculously easy: Two parts pineapple juice and one part Cake vodka. Voila! Delicious!!

• Niki — December 10th, 2011 @ 12:02 am

If you mix the cake vodka with irish creme (half and half of each) in a shot glass and mix it around it tastes like cake and makes for a delicious shot. e

• Sara — December 11th, 2011 @ 3:42 pm

UV cake mixed with Root Beer tastes like cream soda!

Erin — August 1, 2011 @ 11:02 am

Did you really just make this beverage? Seriously?! AHHHH I want it now!!!

merium — August 1, 2011 @ 11:14 am

whipped cream vodka is the best thing ever! I recently took it to a wine tasting and it was the hit of the party!

stampylisa — August 1, 2011 @ 11:30 am

cake and vodka. wow. who’da thunk? am gonna have to try it

Danielle — August 1, 2011 @ 5:59 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I’m super excited!!! I just tried Pinnacle Whipped Cream Vodka 2 weeks ago with… you will love this… Blueberry juice!!! That is it!!! It tastesd like you are drinking blueberry pie!!! And now I get a new recipe that’s cake batter flavor?!?! I’m totally down for this!!! ;D

Thanks for sharing!!!

diana — August 1, 2011 @ 6:10 pm

^^^ this brand has a birthday cake flavor vodka and it’s pretty delicious! and the blue raspberry lemonade cocktail is also absolutely amazing.

Kate — August 1, 2011 @ 6:15 pm

Thanks for the link back! I can’t wait to try this new and improved version. I’m all about the whipped cream vodka and Godiva liqueur. Your pics. are gorgeous!!

Nik — August 1, 2011 @ 10:07 pm

I came across your blog while looking at another blog. I just love the sweetnest that links creative people together. Anywho, you are the second person I heard talk about cake batter vodka, no wait it was bubble gum (I might have to give that a try). But here nor there, I thought that this was a great looking drink. I’m not a big drinker, but this might have to go down the hatch. Hope you don’t mind if I borrow this D’lish drink.
    Thanks…

donna — August 1, 2011 @ 10:12 pm

omgosh…i love a blog that makes me laugh. this was seriously a lol read…..thanks. looking forward to your posts.

OnSugarMountain — August 1, 2011 @ 11:02 pm

Can I just say WOW?

I have such a sweet tooth and it’s so hard for me to find drinks I enjoy…I cannot wait to try this. This just made my day <3

Tyler — August 2, 2011 @ 3:34 pm

Now, if we are able to purchase this Cake flavored vodka, should we use that instead of the Whipped Cream flavored one?

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — August 3, 2011 @ 3:04 pm

Our liquor stores are slowly starting to get all the crazy flavours … we don’t have the whipped cream stuff yet, but it is sure to come. I am also waiting for the bacon infused vodka … it is perfect in a Caesar (bloody mary).

Jennine — August 4, 2011 @ 2:02 pm

Unbelievable….just unbelievable! :D

Grace — August 4, 2011 @ 3:13 pm

Can’t wait to try it out!

Carla — August 4, 2011 @ 6:49 pm

Why would I need to buy 7 bottles of booze when therer are only 4 in the recipe? Just sayin….

Gina @ Skinnytaste — August 5, 2011 @ 8:38 pm

This is so darn pretty!!

john egbert — August 5, 2011 @ 8:48 pm

oh… oh my…
    the batterwich strikes again!

Cass — August 11, 2011 @ 10:13 pm

YUM! I bookmarked this a couple days ago. Oddly enough I walked into the liquor store this evening and there was UV Cake! I bought a couple mini bottles and it’s pretty tasty :) I’ll be making these martinis VERY soon!!

Chrissa — August 15, 2011 @ 1:57 am

Holy shit!

You made my LIFE! Only one question though, why whipped cream instead of cake flavored?

And ps-Did you see you can order it online? I’ll take 2 please.

xo

Steph — August 16, 2011 @ 4:46 am

They’re…so….cute!

MissDelish — August 16, 2011 @ 3:40 pm

I just wanted to let you know that I featured your post on my Tipsy Tuesday post today! If you want to check it out please visit http://www.miss-delish.com/2011/08/tipsy-tuesday.html

Thanks!

Courtney — August 18, 2011 @ 9:21 am

I will ship you some cake vodka…. It is absolutely awesome and only 11.99 a bottle…..

CJ — August 18, 2011 @ 2:59 pm

Whipped Cream Vodka IS THE BEST!!! Put it in Coke or Diet Coke and it’s just like drinking a Float w/o the ice cream!! I’ve turned our whole Bunko group on to it!!!

K — August 20, 2011 @ 3:49 pm

Maybe it’s more in production since you posted this recipe, but ohhhh the pinnacle vodka flavors out now!!! Cherry whipped cream, chocolate whipped cream and soooo many more…..

My husband is coming home from a 3 week out of country business trip, so this is chilling in the fridge :c)

Mandi — August 21, 2011 @ 3:41 am

May I just say, I love you for this recipe?! OMG amazing!!

megan — August 25, 2011 @ 12:20 pm

I’d drink one, OK, two. What a fun drink. I’m tempted to go buy the booze and serve them at a birthday party.

Taylor — August 31, 2011 @ 11:48 am

So I assume you used the Potter’s Creme de cacao white and not the dark

Samantha G. — September 13, 2011 @ 1:01 am

I tried to tell you on Facebook, but Facebook hates me now. Apparently.

But!

Idea:

I will keep you in constant supply of cake vodka (as all our huge booze warehouses here are overflowing with Pinnacle everything), and you maybe possibly ship me… something. I’m not sure. I’ve been browsing your website all night and squealing over all the food, and I have no idea what I’m in the mood for anymore. Preferably something tasty. I might even throw in a case of whipped cream vodka, too – which, by the way, is AWESOME paired with orange juice. It’s a dreamsicle (dreamcicle? dreamscicle?) in a glass.

Just a thought.

Fashionably Bombed — September 29, 2011 @ 1:57 pm

Yum!!! We made a Happy Birthday-tini that’s super tasty too!!! http://www.fashionablybombed.com/2011/09/happy-birthday-tini.html

Cheers!

Rachel — October 8, 2011 @ 6:24 pm

Good ole’ Pinterest linked me here….
    I can’t wait to try this drink!
    FYI…. Don’t waste your money on Pinnacle vodka. The vodka taste comes through way too harsh. I couldn’t even taste the cake batter. I tried mixing it with anything I could get my hands on, (chocolate milk, cream, coconut water…) but the vodka cut right though. Now, on the other hand, Three Olives has a cake batter vodka that will knock your socks off! They also have a bubblegum flavor that makes very fun Girls Night Ins if you mix it with club soda. :-)
    Unless you’ve tried Pinnacle and like it….. Then disregard my Pinnacle bashing. Lol.
    Thanks for the recipe!

Ashlyn — October 9, 2011 @ 5:49 pm

UV Cake vodka and Pinnacle Cake vodka are amazing, sweet vodkas that I think anybody should try. I was a little skeptical the first time I tried it, I mean it sounds kind of weird, but I was hooked as soon as I tried it. You can mix it with almost anything, I suggest trying the Starbucks iced coffees you can buy almost anywhere. It will blow your mind, I assure you. I’m cracking open a bottle of Pinnacle Cake tonight. I’m in love. <3

Marla — October 26, 2011 @ 1:53 pm

Oh my I just got a bottle of Three Olives Birthday Cake Vodka and it is amazing! I actually had it with pineapple juice and a smidge of amarreto, to die for! Actually a few weekends ago we didn’t have pineapple juice so just had it on the rocks, felt like I was so old doing this, but OMG it was heavenly! the flavor was amazing and it wasn’t so strong that it burned your throat! Awesomeness!!! I will be trying this recipe this weekend! :)

joell — November 1, 2011 @ 8:27 pm

Yum! And how weird is it that I have had a bottle of Pinnacle Whipped Cream Vodka just sitting in my pantry WAITING to be used?!?!

Melissa — November 18, 2011 @ 7:31 am

So does this have the cake vodka in it? Also, both the Pinnacle cake and whipped cream vodkas are available at Sam’s club right now.

Melissa — November 18, 2011 @ 7:32 am

Does this have Cake Vodka in it? A little confused on that subject. The Pinnacle cake and whipped cream vodkas are available at Sam’s club right now….

• Jessica — November 18th, 2011 @ 8:07 am

When I initially made these for the post, they had whipped cream vodka in them because I could not find cake vodka yet. However, I’ve since been able to find all brands of cake vodka and make them with that. The 3 Olives brand is my favorite. I can’t get alcohol at Sam’s because I live in Pennsylvania – we can only get it in state stores.

boo — November 20, 2011 @ 1:14 pm

I’m planning to make these for Thanksgiving and after reading the comments I’m curious what your preferred vodka is now. Whipped cream or cake?

boo — November 21, 2011 @ 7:32 pm

My liquor store was out of the whipped cream vodka so I used Three Olives cake vodka tasty but my drink is brown not white from the creme de cacao. How is yours white? Did I do something wrong?

• Chris — December 4th, 2011 @ 4:34 pm

Creme de cacao comes in both clear and brown versions.

Nancy V. — November 21, 2011 @ 11:38 pm

Between UV Cake Vodka and 3 Olives brand-3 Olives is the best.

Shirley — November 25, 2011 @ 12:27 am

You can get the cake vodka in Total Wine, they are in Arizona and California.

Sarah — December 2, 2011 @ 10:17 pm

I’m from British Columbia Canada and I recently saw alcohol infused whip cream at a liquor store in Vernon. It came in Vanilla Chocolate and another flavour. YUMMMMMMM! A dolop of that on this little drink would be scrumptious!

Lauri — December 6, 2011 @ 3:15 am

Is this drink single? Because if it is, I want to marry it!

Dawn — December 10, 2011 @ 8:48 pm

Have you tried using Pinnacle Cake Vodka or Three Olives Cake Vodka? I personally haven’t, but it’s a cheaper alternative to just buy one bottle. :)

tyler — December 14, 2011 @ 9:45 pm

I am very excited to try this recipe! I do happen to have a bottle of “UV”‘s “Cake” flavored vodka. It alone is amazing enough to drink straight from the bottle. However, Pinnacle also has a cake vodka as well. Pinnacles is a bit stronger and I don’t find it as flavorful as UV brand.

Hope yall can find some. Our shelves were blown out withint like 2 days of getting the order and took almost 2 months for them to get the next set of shipments in.