To Whom It May Concern:

Remember when you asked me for a people pleasing appetizer and I coyly gave you four salsa recipes and a smile?

Not crostini. Not baked brie. Not bean dip.

Well… it’s not a copout. I’m all about little cubes of produce chucked together and salted heavily.

And it’s not because I’m lazy (which I am) or because it’s easy (which it really, really is). It’s because I find that in the middle of summer, when you’re born with the sweat gene that makes it pour down your front, back, head and unmentionables the minute the temperature exceeds 75 degrees, and the sun is beating down like something fierce while you try to feed ten hungry mouths, fruit salsa makes a huge splash.

You should also know that I rarely follow a recipe for salsa and it often goes something like this:

1. cut up vegetables (ew) without trying to chop off fingers

2. add fruit because it is SO much better than vegetables

3. add salt-n-pepa (not the rap stars… that would be weird)

4. “taste” by inhaling an entire bag of blue corn chips

5. chop up more fruits and veggies (ew) because you ate so much

6. go buy more blue corn chips because you are really good at spending money… and you ate so much

7. eat a cookie because you deserve it since you ate so many vegetables

I just tell it like it is.

I’m telling you that real people LOVE this. You know… as opposed to fake people. Throw a little fruit plus a little salt in your coarsely chopped vegetables and friends think you should open a restaurant or something. Serve it with salty tortillas chips and sweet pita chips and you’re the most popular kid on the block.

I’m not lying when I tell you that salsas are my number one go-to for parties. Easy, sweet, savory, no muss, no fuss. I don’t wear aprons and I don’t like worrying about making food when I could be throwing back shots and giggling with friends. It’s the truth!

Now do you believe me?

Grilled Corn, Peach and Basil Salsa

makes about 3 cups

4 ears grilled corn, cut off the cob

2 large peaches, chopped

1 large tomato, chopped

1/4 red onion, chopped

6 large basil leaves, chopped

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

a few fresh squeezes of lemon juice

Combine all ingredients together and toss. Season with the salt and pepper, then mix again. I find the salsa is best one it’s sat together for 2-4 hours. Refrigerate leftovers for up to one week.

Sincerely,

The One Who Hogged The Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips

93 Responses to “Grilled Corn, Peach and Basil Salsa.”

CouponClippingCook — August 25, 2011 @ 3:11 am

These flavors sound so good together. What a beautiful dish.

michellelove — August 25, 2011 @ 12:04 pm

Made this last night and my 17 month old gobbled it right up. We totally loved it.

Sara @ Saucy Dipper — August 25, 2011 @ 1:51 pm

This is one creative fruit salsa. And now is the perfect time for grilled corn. Glad I found your site through Twitter…I mentioned your recipe on my blog today.

janetha — August 25, 2011 @ 5:22 pm

get in my mouth.

Anicena — August 25, 2011 @ 11:57 pm

GOOD LORD! My mouth just started watering… I am making this tomorrow! <3 <3 <3

Tracy — August 27, 2011 @ 12:09 pm

I love this festive salsa! Going on my list! :-)

Ashley — August 27, 2011 @ 1:09 pm

wow.
    must. make. pronto.

Jeepdad — August 29, 2011 @ 7:53 am

I made several dishes yesterday for a church potluck one of which was this salsa. Folks, to include me loved it. A greta flavor and nice combo of flavors. Well done blogger-babe.

–jeepdad

Stephanie — August 29, 2011 @ 7:59 pm

I love your blog and I loved this recipe. (http://panamaandpine.com/2011/08/26/omg-peaches-and-corn/)
    Keep up the good work!

Kat @ Living Like the Kings — August 30, 2011 @ 9:08 pm

Hello, I am crawling out from under a rock. This looks amazing!!!! :)

Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen — August 31, 2011 @ 2:14 pm

Sorry it took me so long. I couldn’t find ripe mangos so I made a peach salsa instead. I hope you like it :)

Kathy Z — September 2, 2011 @ 7:20 pm

I made this today and it was delicious. :) I did add two jalepenos because we planted two plants and each grows a million peppers. A million.

1. Pingback: omg, peaches and corn! | Panama & Pine

2. Pingback: Corn, Peaches, and Farewell to Summer « Homekeeping Adventures

3. Pingback: 12 Fruit Salsa Recipes | How Sweet It Is

4. Pingback: Any suggestion for ripe peaches ? - Orchid Board - Most Complete Orchid Forum on the web !

5. Pingback: 22 Fabulous Fruit Salsas

6. Pingback: 22 Fabulous Fruit Salsas - Avidmav

7. Pingback: 22 Fabulous Fruit Salsas | Baron Post

8. Pingback: Jeobox – 22 Fabulous Fruit Salsas

9. Pingback: 22 Fabulous Fruit Salsas | HK Gossip News Online

10. Pingback: 22曲の素晴らしい果物サルサ | やっぱり痩せるには食事変えなきゃ!簡単美味しいヘルシーレシピ大公開。夏まで5キロ!

11. Pingback: 22曲の素晴らしい果物サルサ | やっぱり痩せるには食事変えなきゃ!簡単美味しいヘルシーレシピ大公開。夏まで5キロ!

12. Pingback: 22曲の素晴らしい果物サルサ | やっぱり痩せるには食事変えなきゃ!簡単美味しいヘルシーレシピ大公開。夏まで5キロ!

13. Pingback: 22曲の素晴らしい果物サルサ | やっぱり痩せるには食事変えなきゃ!簡単美味しいヘルシーレシピ大公開。夏まで5キロ!

14. Pingback: 22曲の素晴らしい果物サルサ | やっぱり痩せるには食事変えなきゃ!簡単美味しいヘルシーレシピ大公開。夏まで5キロ!

15. Pingback: 22曲の素晴らしい果物サルサ | やっぱり痩せるには食事変えなきゃ!簡単美味しいヘルシーレシピ大公開。夏まで5キロ!

16. Pingback: 22曲の素晴らしい果物サルサ | やっぱり痩せるには食事変えなきゃ!簡単美味しいヘルシーレシピ大公開。夏まで5キロ!