It’s officially summer now, right?

Well… okay… June 21st or whatever. But still… it’s summer. It went from 45 to 90 degrees in a matter of days and the back of my legs will now stick to every single chair I sit on until October 1st. Sexy. Sexy summer. It’s summer.

Agreed?

Sweet. Let’s do this thing.

Raise your hand if you like mojitos!

I wish I had 34 hands. For reals.

Actually… you’d think I did have 34 hands for the amount of mojitos I drank this weekend. Mint + rum? Totally my thing. Dehydration? Not my thing. Mr. How Sweet drinking 6 mojitos then going to bed without a Breathe Right save-my-marriage nose strip? Also not my thing. Snore city. He was banished to the couch.

Then I made up for it the next day because I combined a million juicy melon chunks and fresh mint and a bunch of lime spritzes and piled it high on salty pita chips. Some days we drink our mojitos and other days we eat them. I love balance.

[print_this]

Mojito Melon Salsa

makes about 2-3 cups of salsa

1 cup chopped watermelon

1 cup chopped cantaloupe

1 cup chopped honeydew

1/2 large cucumber, seeded and chopped

1/4 red onion, chopped

1/2 avocado, chopped

10-12 mint leaves, chopped

2 tablespoons chopped cilantro

2 limes, juiced

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and add lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and serve with chips of your choice. I also think this would be fabulous on tacos![/print_this]

You may have noticed How Sweet it Is has a new look! It’s what I’ve wanted… clean, white, plain, simple, easier to read, etc. There still are a few kinks to work out so bear with me please, especially since I hate change. Nothing else is changing with the site, however in order to keep it more simplistic I’ve removed a few bells and whistles. I need more simplicity in my life… don’t we all? You can still access my favorite workouts on my about page for the time being. And Fit Bites is now called Crumbs because, well… I like that name better. I’ll be adding to the site a bit more in the coming weeks. Thanks to Ryan from NoMoreBacon for the great job he did. Me + NoMoreBacon… who woulda thunk it?

125 Responses to “Mojito Melon Salsa.”

Danielle — May 31, 2011 @ 4:33 pm

this looks like summer to me!! :-)
    now if only the weather here where I live would get the message that its summer!

Jeanette — May 31, 2011 @ 4:51 pm

Now that is summer in one bite! Sounds so refreshing and bright in flavor!

Ann — May 31, 2011 @ 5:23 pm

Website looks terrific and so do the mojito salsa!

Feast on the Cheap — May 31, 2011 @ 6:19 pm

This looks gorgeous! And so does the new design….

Happy When Not Hungry — May 31, 2011 @ 6:20 pm

Wow love this salsa! So fresh and pretty. Yum!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — May 31, 2011 @ 7:00 pm

This looks like a dream – YUM!!!!

Tracy — May 31, 2011 @ 7:10 pm

I made this last night and it was delicious…cilantro and mint! We had it with grilled crab cakes.

Coco200066 — May 31, 2011 @ 10:32 pm

Oh that looks so refreshing!

Lauren — June 1, 2011 @ 1:52 am

Have to say that my friends and I made this yesterday and all thought it was *amazing*–the perfect summer salsa!

Danielle — June 1, 2011 @ 9:39 am

This dish screams summer to me! It is perfect for one of those days that you need a light snack.

hannah — June 1, 2011 @ 11:13 pm

oh my goodness, the new look is SO much better! love it.

and that salsa is going to my “to make” list for the summer – some fresh melons from the farmer’s market and we’ll be in business!!

Susan Bain — June 4, 2011 @ 1:06 am

My mouth waters everytime i am on your blog! Thank you!

Jenn@The Leftover Queen — June 6, 2011 @ 4:47 pm

Super refreshing! I love it!

andrea @ Food Not Fuss — June 10, 2011 @ 9:17 am

Just wanted to tell you I’ve made this THREE TIMES in the last week — it is soooo good! I made it when we had people over one Friday, and it was such a hit that I brought it to my office’s BBQ potluck this week (it was a HUGE hit, second in popularity only to the barbecue ribs someone brought), and then last night I made it again just for us, because it’s so darn good!!! As everyone comments, the melon is such a nice change — everyone has tried peach, mango, pineapple, etc. in salsas, but the melon is so mild and refreshing that the mint and cilantro flavours really shine. Amazing recipe!!

Becky — June 10, 2011 @ 2:23 pm

I just had to find this one again and share in with my “Drop 10 in 10″ wellness class. It looks so amazing. Speaking of amazing, I also like your new layout (although I was a fan of the old one, too). :) Usually read you on Google Reader, so I don’t always have time to check out the changes, but it looks nice!

• Jessica — June 10th, 2011 @ 3:21 pm

Thank you!

1. Pingback: Sunday Supper Success « A Tasty Life

2. Pingback: Grilled Corn, Peach and Basil Salsa. | How Sweet It Is

3. Pingback: Guest post! Mojito Salsa! |

4. Pingback: 12 Fruit Salsa Recipes | How Sweet It Is

5. Pingback: Put Some Fruit In Your Salsa and Eat It. | Lifestyle Pins

6. Pingback: What to Make with Melons – Tips for Selecting, Storing and Preparing Melons | Gourmande in the Kitchen