Since we’re talking makeup!

While the blush wasn’t something recently added to my collection, this is.

I bought this on sale when Ulta was having their 21 days of beauty last month. I absolutely love, love, love it.

The reviews online seemed to be split 50/50. Some loved it and others hated it, but since it was such a good price, I went for it. I tend to not wear anything on my actual face – I’ve never worn foundation and I can’t stand powders, so it is important to me to have something super light. I don’t know how exactly to describe this, but it is a very thin sheen that once on, makes me feel like I didn’t even put anything under my eyes.

Not only that, but I can’t believe how much it brightens the area up. It has totally made a difference for me and is now a staple in my bag.

Now… go spend more money.

40 Responses to “One More Beauty Product I Love.”

Caroline @ Pink Basil — October 27, 2011 @ 5:18 pm

oooo I might have to try this! I always put something below my eyes since I have slightly dark circles naturally – this might be just the thing I need!

Annie — October 27, 2011 @ 5:20 pm

I love the look of that! Might have to go order one of those!

Laura — October 27, 2011 @ 5:21 pm

You are definitely a bad influence.

Mal @ The Chic Geek — October 27, 2011 @ 5:21 pm

Sounds great, I may have to give this a try!

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes — October 27, 2011 @ 5:43 pm

You are definitely giving me the shopping “itch”…and it’s not a good thing :) I have no will power!

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy — October 27, 2011 @ 5:56 pm

This reminded me of this….Beauty secret (for anyone or everyone): Monsitat chafing gel works just the same as Smashbox makeup primer (it has the same ingredients)…and it’s a whole lot cheaper! I apply it after I put on my moisturizer, and before I put on my foundation, even on my eyelids. It’ll keep the shine away, and make makeup stay on longer!

• Steph — October 27th, 2011 @ 6:17 pm

I second this! Just heard about it a couple of weeks ago, tried it, love it.

• Stacey! — October 27th, 2011 @ 6:41 pm

Whoa whoa whoa.. like the Monistat for your lady parts?! Instead of primer? Bah! So crazy!

• Cristy — October 27th, 2011 @ 6:55 pm

I found a “powder gel” on amazon. Is that it??

• Jessica — October 27th, 2011 @ 6:57 pm

Yeah… I’m quite intrigued by this too!

• Katie — October 27th, 2011 @ 7:04 pm

Emily’s right – the Monistat Chafing Gel is pretty much exactly the same as the Smashbox primer (or any clear silicone primer). But if you get it – be sure to get the “Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel” – it’s a blue tube in a blue/purple box.

Halley (Blunder Construction) — October 27, 2011 @ 6:00 pm

Nice, I saw something today about Smashbox + their non-animal testing standards. It definitely makes me want to buy their products over less friendly brands.

Jennknee — October 27, 2011 @ 6:12 pm

I have serious baggy bags under my eyes…and have to wear foundation to cover them up so I don’t scare small children on a daily basis….this seriously looks like my kind of tool..because I ALSO hate wearing foundation….is it super pricy?

• Cristy — October 27th, 2011 @ 6:42 pm

I just found it on amazon for a little over $12, Jennknee!

• Katie — October 27th, 2011 @ 7:06 pm

You may want to check out Benefit Erase Paste too – that’s my fave for undereye, and it’s pretty light/creamy.

• Jennknee — October 27th, 2011 @ 7:18 pm

Thanks Ladies!!!

gigi — October 27, 2011 @ 6:14 pm

I also do not wear makeup, but have been looking for something for under my eyes. Just bought a product from Clinique and waiting for results. Will def have to give this a try. Thanks for the heads up.

Cristy — October 27, 2011 @ 6:20 pm

You tend not to wear anything on your “actual” face? What about on your “virtual” face? ;)

christa — October 27, 2011 @ 7:17 pm

do a before and after pic!??!?! im looking for something for under my eyes too and dont wear foundation or anything either!

MissyMaki — October 27, 2011 @ 7:42 pm

I LOVE makeup. I am going to grab this the next time I go to ulta or sephora. Have you tried Urban Decay eyeshadows? OMGosh. HEAVEN HEAVEN HEAVEN.

Now I want more make up!

• Cristy — October 28th, 2011 @ 7:36 am

I know…I just spent like $100 on amazon. JESSICA!!!!!!! ;-)

Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy — October 27, 2011 @ 7:50 pm

I really want to try this. I love Smashbox products and god knows I could use some under-eye help.
    PS your blush post inspired me to do a “things I love” post today, so thanks ;)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — October 27, 2011 @ 8:19 pm

thanks for the review…I need all the help i can get :)

Ty — October 27, 2011 @ 8:20 pm

I’ve used this before and I really like it! I like how it has some reflective properties that naturally make darkness under the eyes less noticeable. Instead of, ya know, just trying to paint over the circles.

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — October 27, 2011 @ 8:44 pm

I’ve never tried that, but I do love their photofinish face primer.

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com — October 27, 2011 @ 10:08 pm

I am spending more money, no thanks to you :D

MizFit — October 28, 2011 @ 6:33 am

I simply love the name SMASHBOX :)

Im a misfit.

Kat Collins — October 28, 2011 @ 8:50 am

Definitely going to try this! I love their products. I use Chanel currently as an under eye concealer, but it’s a bit drying and doesn’t brighten. Thanks for the tip!

Kat

Cookin' Cowgirl — October 28, 2011 @ 10:38 am

Ok, twist my arm….Knock knoc, Utla? Are you open this early?

Ashley P — October 28, 2011 @ 2:01 pm

I don’t wear any foundation or concealer either..but I’ve been wanting to try something for around my eyes. This seems perfect! Does it come in many or just a few shades? Because I don’t ever wear these types of things, I’m not very good at picking shades out to match my face!

Adrienne @ Midwestern Belle — October 28, 2011 @ 2:59 pm

I love this and totally think I need it!! Hmm how soon can I get to Ulta…

Cat — October 29, 2011 @ 12:56 am

I <3 Smashbox unabashedly and twice a year spend $63-ish dollars on their powder. Yes. Powder. I am crazy and it's a damn good thing I don't share a bank account with anyone else yet. Their foundation is also radical. Yup, r-a-d-i-c-a-l.

Kathleen @ the lushers — October 29, 2011 @ 1:32 pm

I got a sample of this (from Sephora, I think) & love it too! The sample has lasted forever, like several months, but I will definitely be getting a full size when it runs out!

ashraful — October 29, 2011 @ 10:17 pm

Thanks for important info. There are many beauty product in your store.
    Beauty products

Ann — October 29, 2011 @ 10:34 pm

Thanks for the review! I tend to get stuck in a make-up “rut” and it’s always nice when someone recommends something!

Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers — November 1, 2011 @ 7:05 am

I haven’t used the Photo Op from Smashbox, but I have used the one from Laura Mercier. I like it, but I tend to forget to put it on. I’m like you, I don’t like foundation or powder, I just add a touch ov under eye concealer and thats it!

Have you ever used any other Smashbox products? I love there eye shadows, and bronzing powder, I use that ever day! I need to keep a sunny glow, even in the winter! :)

Lisa @ Life in Green — November 2, 2011 @ 10:11 am

Had a 20% coupon to Ulta this weekend so I added this product to my stash. I’ve been using it under my regular concealer to really brighten and even out my dark circles. As long as my undereyes are lightened I can forgo the foundation since the rest of my complexion is pretty good.

Question …. does it actually help decrease darkness over time?

Isabella — December 6, 2011 @ 10:45 am

OK, I know you posted this a while ago, but I just made an Ulta trip this weekend and picked up a tube of Photo Op. I LOVE IT!!! Thanks so much for the rec; this is seriously the best thing I’ve ever used under my eyes.

1. Pingback: Red Velvet Krispie Treats and a Sephora Mascara Review | Pass The Sushi!

2. Pingback: Makeup Basics Stuff I’m Totally Obsessed With Right Now. | How Sweet It Is