Ugh.

People.

I am overwhelmed. Holidays are overwhelming. I’m not even cooking a turkey dinner and I’m overwhelmed. If you’re anything like me, you have nothing planned, right? Oh wait… you probably have everything planned. Because you’re not crazy. If I plan far, far ahead, I just keep adding… and adding… and adding things to the list. Sort of like early Christmas shopping. I just keep buying… and buying… and…. yeah. I only have a handful of dishes to make but I can’t decide *for sure* between chocolate or pumpkin and lasagna or casserole and tequila or rum and then I get an email from a reader (?) last night asking if I’m a boy or a girl (yep for reals) and yeah… now I’m just utterly confused with this entire universe.

And I’m here to overwhelm you even more because I’m sure with all the holiday recipes you’ve been gathering you seriously need 101 more. Seriously. Seriously!

Gotcha a list of recipes I starred in my google reader over the last month or two – all fresh from 2011. I like things shiny, bright and new. Duh. These are the best of the best right here… and if you have more, link ‘em up in the comments.  I don’t bite.

‘Cept when I’m hungry.

Click on all of these delicious recipes from my favorite blogs or else… I don’t know.

P.S. I think there are more vegetable dishes than desserts here. I’m a zombie. Don’t even know who I am anymore.

P.P.S. Some options below are gluten-free (and vegan!), but here is a full list of gluten-free Thanksgiving ideas.

P.P.P.S. I’m so hungry now.

Appetizers & Starters

Caramel Appletini

Apple Cider Margaritas

Spiced Apple Cider Sangria

Cranberry Pomegranate Margarita

Apple Ginger Calvados Cocktail

Spiced Cranberry Prosecco Punch

Now give it up… what are you making?

113 Responses to “A Billion Thanksgiving Recipes. (Or… uh… 101.)”

Blog is the New Black — November 19, 2011 @ 8:42 am

How kind of you to compile that list!!! You must really love us!! ;)

Rosie @ Sweetapolita — November 19, 2011 @ 8:44 am

This is one seriously crazy awesome list, honey. And I just spotted my Autumn Delight Cake–thanks for that! Now, if I could just convince the rest of Canada to do a Thanksgiving do-over. xo

Kayle @ The Cooking Actress — November 19, 2011 @ 8:50 am

Yay lists!

I’m making Thanksgiving dinner for the first time and I’m making your smashed potatoes, 2 Butterball Turkey Breasts (there’s only going to be 3 of us. But 2 of those people are boys with voracious appetites), corn, My soon-to-be-mom-in-law’s crock pot applesauce (http://cookingactress.blogspot.com/2011/11/michael.html), Pumpkin Pie (the recipe from the jar…I admit it), and some mini apple pies that I found a recipe for…somewhere. And my friend Brandon is bringing rolls, cranberry sauce, and gravy. I’m so excited! (And a little nervous) :)

Carrie — November 19, 2011 @ 8:54 am

I am making the Mayonnaise Roasted Turkey… doesn’t that look AMAZING?!?! I haven’t been able to get it out of my head when I saw that a few days ago.

Wenderly — November 19, 2011 @ 8:54 am

What a fabulous list! Thank you so much for including my spicy butternut squash soup! After par-oozing the list, I may just be adding a few goodies to my menu!

Chrissy — November 19, 2011 @ 8:55 am

Wow… I won’t be making anything, but I’m awed by that list. One of my personal goals in life is to never, ever make a Thanksgiving dinner. I always want to be a guest. I mean, I can bring a dish or whatever, but to actually host and cook the whole thing? My nerves couldn’t take it.

• Jessica — November 19th, 2011 @ 8:56 am

I think I asked my mom 3 times this week… HOW DO YOU COOK TGIVING DINNER IN ONE OVEN?!?!? No. Seriously. How do you cook Thanksgiving dinner in one oven?? I would need four.

• Julie @SavvyEats — November 19th, 2011 @ 11:36 am

The answer: you start cooking on Tuesday. Or at least that’s my plan…

• Chrissy — November 19th, 2011 @ 12:26 pm

Yeah, it’s weird how moms can do that! Mine can too. And everything is done and hot at the same time?!?!?! How is it even possible? I can’t even get my eggs and toast done at the same time.

Abby Flynt — November 19, 2011 @ 8:59 am

My mother-in-law has all the ingredients at home to make your Apple Cider Margaritas. I am most excited about those!

You should consider adding this to your desserts. It is so simple and so delicious!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Laura — November 19, 2011 @ 9:00 am

You don’t know who you are anymore? Apparently, neither do your readers.

LYLAS. Or is it LYLAB?

Creepy. ;)

Laura — November 19, 2011 @ 9:14 am

Oh and to answer your question about what I’m making…

Turkey (ultimate recipe above-sans dark meat)
    Stuffing
    Mashed potatoes
    Corn
    Clover leaf rolls (practiced making these the other day-awesome)
    Cranberry sauce- jellied and fresh out the can

Homemade pumpkin and apple pies both from scratch-even the crusts!

I think that’s it.

kathleen @ the daily crumb — November 19, 2011 @ 9:19 am

oh gosh. a totally AMAZING list… but now i’m stressed!! i’ve already added 12 new items to my menu, and i’m only through the firs two sub sections!

Cait's Plate — November 19, 2011 @ 9:19 am

Gah!! Now you just overwhelmed me and I was already overwhelmed! Doesn’t the universe know we need more time in a day simply to be able to make ALL THE DELICIOUS RECIPES OUT THERE?!?!

Cassie — November 19, 2011 @ 9:24 am

What a list! I haven’t decided what I’m bringing for Thanksgiving because I keep adding and subtracting form the list. I’ll probably end up taking way too much. Torture!!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — November 19, 2011 @ 9:30 am

Thanks for putting all of the best in one place! Do you think pumpkin could be used in place of sweet potato in your honey dinner roll recipe?

TidyMom — November 19, 2011 @ 9:41 am

Awesome list!!!……….only problem is, now you’ve got me wanting to change my whole menu! lol

Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers — November 19, 2011 @ 9:42 am

Girl, you are awesome! I love when you post all your recipes!! I need to go through them all tonight!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Laura @ LauraLikesDesign — November 19, 2011 @ 9:44 am

Um, what time does your Thanksgiving dinner start, because I will be there!

nancy k — November 19, 2011 @ 9:51 am

WOW…that is some list! Thanks for doing all the “blog work” for me. I have to make a sidedish and all the desserts for the dinner I am attending. I always like to try a few things that are a bit different but incorporate the traditional flavors. You list has given me lots of options. I am for sure making your lightened up sweet potato dish…yum!
    Happy Thanksgiving, Jessica!

Barbara @ Barbara Bakes — November 19, 2011 @ 9:55 am

Now that is an overwhelming list! Wish I had time to try them all.

Liz O. — November 19, 2011 @ 10:01 am

Oh my, what a list! I’m cooking this year for just 3 of us and I already have 10 things on my list of what I want to make. Can you say serious left overs!!! But that’s what Thanksgiving is all about, right?? I have this whole week off so Monday and Tuesday are shopping days, Wednesday and Thursday are cooking days. I love Thanksgiving…it’s my favorite holiday!

Brandon @ Kitchen Konfidence — November 19, 2011 @ 10:03 am

Quite the roundup! I know what I’ll be doing for the next several hours :)

Thanks!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — November 19, 2011 @ 10:05 am

I think you just linked up half the blogosphere…you outdid yourself! Lots of those recipes I’ve seen from all the great bloggie ladies out there but you compiled it into a one-stop shopping…nice work…thank you!!

I have to say, I am cooking for the 3 of us, my holiday shopping involves buying for 1 person: my child, and as of yesterday, I will not be setting foot into a mall til 2012. I freed myself from the holiday stress and I am so happy! Now I can get started cooking some desserts off this list :)

Amanda V — November 19, 2011 @ 10:06 am

I am making a French silk pie, baked spinach (http://annies-eats.net/2011/11/07/baked-spinach/), and maybe a pumpkin pie.

I have almost stopped starring/favoriting recipes because I have 4 million (probably) and I tried to organize them once and never finished. Then I find new outlets (Foodgawker, Pinterest..) and start all over. I have a problem.

Heather (Heather's Dish) — November 19, 2011 @ 10:13 am

yikes! overwhelmed doesn’t even describe…good thing other people are doing most of the cooking this year!

Angela — November 19, 2011 @ 10:16 am

I feel you on the overwhelmed thing. I think it comes with being a food blogger around the holidays. I think I said yesterday that I will never bake a pie again. hah.
    This list is amazing…thank you for mentioning my salad!

Bev Weidner — November 19, 2011 @ 10:18 am

D-A-D-G-U-M-M-I-T, Jessica!

a) Thank you SO much for including me! I feel like breaking out champagne.

b) I won’t though. Not until at LEAST noon.

c) Or 11.

d) How did you DO this? How long did it take?

e) Maybe you need some champagne too?

Chelsy — November 19, 2011 @ 10:25 am

I am making a gluten-free pumpkin/sweet potato mash, gluten-free pumpkin pie with an almond crust, an appetizer made of proscuitto, spread with homemade fig/pear jam and goat cheese, topped with sliced romaine and rolled into bundles. For breakfast, gluten-free vanilla lavender scones! Also, did I mention I’m roasting a turkey as well? Goodness! Happy Thanksgiving!

Peg — November 19, 2011 @ 10:32 am

Just yesterday my niece asked for some “new” side dish ideas, and I told her that she MUST go to your website and become your Facebook friend for some great ideas. (See, Colleen, I TOLD you!)

Andrea @ Vegavacious — November 19, 2011 @ 10:33 am

This list is insane! How can you possibly narrow it down to a menu for one dinner?!

Jacky — November 19, 2011 @ 10:35 am

Great collection of recipes, thanks. I know one thing I am making for sure, Apple Cider Margarita!

Katrina — November 19, 2011 @ 10:50 am

Whoaaaa.what a list! I opened every. single. page. Awesome! Thanks for the round up. So many of these are drool-worthy. Also, who the heck didn’t know you were a girl? Weird. Like, really weird.

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles — November 19, 2011 @ 10:53 am

Linking to all of this must have taken 4ever!!! Yikes! It is so organized! :) This can be the go-to spot to get inspiration!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie — November 19, 2011 @ 11:06 am

I guess the only reason Thanksgiving doesn’t overwhelm me is because I simply look forward to cooking all day at my family’s house and I sort of wing it as far as what to bring.

I’m in charge of pies this year but I also will probably be cooking about a million other things too…..just because I’m obsessed with Thanksgiving.

Smylee — November 19, 2011 @ 11:11 am

I already have more desserts planned than other recipes. We may have pumpkin pie instead of turkey. And with all that, I may have to add that Salted Caramel Cheesecake Pie. Swoon.

Maria — November 19, 2011 @ 11:15 am

I want to make them all! thanks for including a few of our recipes:) xoxo

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — November 19, 2011 @ 11:22 am

Oh wow, what a great list – now I’m overwhelmed. Haha
    I think it’s time to think about taking the bird out of the freezer. I’ve gotten at least THAT far!

Julie @SavvyEats — November 19, 2011 @ 11:41 am

Things I’m cooking:

Turkey
    Caramelized Onion Mashed Potatoes (www.dailygarnish.com/2010/11/caramelized-onion-mashed-potatoes.html)
    Gravy
    Cherry Butter instead of cranberry sauce (though I already canned this, so I really just need to open the jar)
    Butternut squash in brown butter (www.savvyeat.com/butternut-squash-with-brown-butter-and-oregano)
    Collard greens or brussels sprouts…. or both
    Birthday cake (Dan’s birthday is on Thanksgiving)

Other people are bringing pie, bread, stuffing, wine

Oh! And for an appetizer: Mexican Hot Chocolate Roasted Pecans! http://www.savvyeat.com/mexican-hot-chocolate-roasted-pecans/

Still feel like I’m forgetting something on my list, though…

• Julie @SavvyEats — November 19th, 2011 @ 11:43 am

Now I remember! Some sort of quinoa salad for my vegetarian cousin. Quite possibly the one from Two Peas and Their Pod…

Joy — November 19, 2011 @ 11:42 am

YES! Thank you so so much for an amazing wrap up.

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — November 19, 2011 @ 11:43 am

I just love Thanksgiving, the stress not-so-much. I’m in charge of the pies… may the lord be with me! Thanks for including my app Jessica! X to the O!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — November 19, 2011 @ 11:44 am

Wow, what a fantastic list! I have a solution for next year if you have too many dishes to make and too little time: Celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving in October too! ;)

diane stanley — November 19, 2011 @ 11:45 am

This is the ultimate list for sure, and I have pinned it for further perusal. My menu this year is:
    Stuffed turkey breast roll
    Turkey legs (I think I’ll try the Pioneer Woman’s recipe)
    Baked Mashed Potatoes…think cream cheese, cream and butter with chives, YUMMY!
    Peas and Mushrooms
    Creamed Corn
    Clover Leaf Rolls with a blessing inside
    Raspberry Jello salad (family favorite)
    Homemade Applesauce
    Cranberry Sauce (2 kinds)
    Home Cured Olives
    Desserts:
    Pumpkin Pie
    Chocolate Butterscotch Pots de Creme
    3 Apple pie
    Everything made by me except the jello!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List — November 19, 2011 @ 12:13 pm

If I felt overwhelmed before, I’m even MORE SO now…I have to go through all these recipes?!?! :)

Ashley — November 19, 2011 @ 12:13 pm

Wow!!! Amazing list!! Thanks for compiling it and for making me a part of it! :)

Shelly (cookies and cups) — November 19, 2011 @ 12:29 pm

Dude. Awesome! I don’t need to look any further. You are a very useful friend to have :)
    Thanks for including my cookies!

Michele — November 19, 2011 @ 12:48 pm

you’re craaaazzzzyyyyy.
    love this list + love you more!
    don’t let the stress get to you too badly, silly. thanksgiving is about ~*~*~*family~*~*~* and ~*~*friendship~*~* and ~*~*love~*~* and stuff.

i…… am not doing thanksgiving this year. i’m showing up to a party with a smile topped with freshly whipped happiness.
    the recipe’s a secret, so don’t ask.

Kim in MD — November 19, 2011 @ 12:50 pm

Aahhh…can we just bring on Thanksgiving, already? This post has made me so hungry! Great recipes, Jessica!

HeatherChristo — November 19, 2011 @ 12:57 pm

First- thank you for making laugh till I snorted over the gender comment. Whaaaattt???
    Second- thank you for utterly confusing me! Now I have so many new recipes to choose from my whole menu is in flux.
    Third- Thanks for including my red wine butter glazed mushrooms :)
    xo, Heather

DessertForTwo — November 19, 2011 @ 1:05 pm

Thanks for linking to my maple creme brulee :)

Love you lots!

Hope you & your family have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving! :)

Enjoy your holiday :)
    xoxo,
    Christina

Leah Atha — November 19, 2011 @ 1:31 pm

All that I have to make (so far) is rolls. I still don’t know which type that I’m making!

Maren — November 19, 2011 @ 1:44 pm

Well, you can bet I’ll be making that sangria! I’m also making your lightened-up sweet potato casserole, mama pea’s baked hush puppies, and skinny taste’s super moist carrot cake (my mom’s weird request)…oh and more of your giant m&m cookies. I’ve been using that recipe for my regular choc chip cookies and it’s the only one my bf will eat! He LOVES them…and he’s picky..I’ve been trying to find a recipe that he will eat for over TWO years! Finally found one, yay!

Thanks for the list lady!

Shawnda — November 19, 2011 @ 2:01 pm

Tequila is always the answer. I speak from experience :)

1. Pingback: stuffing bread « the edible perspective

2. Pingback: Pin’talicious Thanksgiving! | Plum Adorable

3. Pingback: Reading List — Savvy Eats

4. Pingback: Thanksgiving Menu

5. Pingback: My New Trick For Getting Myself Out The Door To Run In Cold Weather + Thanksgiving Recipe Lists | Corrie Anne

6. Pingback: Things I like Thursday (Thanksgiving) « Crazy Jamie's Blog

7. Pingback: Monday Meal Plan

8. Pingback: Blogger Party Potluck: Thanksgiving Roundup | funny stories and fun with friends in new york city