Tuesday Things.

1. When I was in first grade, we got to dress up as pilgrims and indians while our parents brought in an ENTIRE Thanksgiving dinner. That was the best day ever! Probably not for our parents.

2. Ever compared yourself to someone over… anything? You must must read this post!

3. I bought this cheese today. Because I wanted to.

4. Even though we’ve established that I suck at crafts, I wonder if I could manage this? Because I love all things peacock.

5. Saturday night I had a dream that Mr. How Sweet was in Vegas and “ordering” escorts. I woke up so pissed off and was ready to punch him in the head. He is still reminding me it was just a dream as I glare at him and throw my shoes at his nose.

6. Last year I created a monster when I made cake batter bark, igniting this crazy desire for all things chocolate bark. Puuuhlease tell me you’ve seen Naomi’s chocolate bark series this year. I am flipping my lid over it!

7. I’m not sure if I mentioned it, but a this summer my brother moved to Florida. He is coming home tonight and I.can’t.wait!

8. My cousin got me this book for my birthday. I want to live inside of it. Because it’s so cozy and comfy.

9. I’m pretty sure I need this milkshake because it has PIE CRUST STRAWS. Did you hear me? PIE CRUST STRAWS. I didn’t even like PIE CRUST STRAWS until this morning. I think my life depends on this.

10. I’ve already screamed this on two social media outlets today, but I would be completely thrilled if I never had to see that Target Black Friday commercial with that nutso lady… EVER AGAIN. It makes me want to stab my eye.

11. I am becoming obsessed with painting glitter gradients on my nails, even though I have no talent at this whatsoever and end up with a result akin to a four-year old playing with makeup. If you love nail polish too, do not search “nails” or “essie” on Pinterest unless you feel like losing the next two days of your life. I’m not joking… stop!

12. Tell me something fun. I have dishes to do.

74 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Mal @ The Chic Geek — November 22, 2011 @ 4:59 pm

That cheese sounds amazing!

Also, I need pie crust straws now, how have I survived so long without them?

Marcy — November 22, 2011 @ 5:01 pm

I currently have a full kilogram of white chocolate in my cupboard due to finding those bark recipes on Pinterest.

Katie @ Peace Love and Oats — November 22, 2011 @ 5:02 pm

haha I wouldn’t turn down a pie crust straw! (ok it would have to be gluten free, but still, that sounds so cool)

Jo @ Jo In the Kitchen — November 22, 2011 @ 5:02 pm

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who hates that Target commercial!!
    I just don’t get it.

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List — November 22, 2011 @ 5:02 pm

Something fun? I’ve got a sink full of dishes, laundry to do. All I can muster the strength for though, is some Blue Bell Spiced Pumpkin Pecan ice cream.

Kristen — November 22, 2011 @ 5:03 pm

You don’t need to be crafty to have those shoes. Because they’re from ModCloth.

• Jessica — November 22nd, 2011 @ 5:15 pm

Whaaaaaaat!? Pinterest LIES!

Jordan — November 22, 2011 @ 5:03 pm

my Mom screams at the TV whenever that Target ad comes on! They totally screwed up this yr with their advertising. I am also not a fan of whichever store (I think it’s Kohls?) remade Rebecca Black’s “Friday” into “Black Friday”. I thought my ears were bleeding when I heard the original, now it’s worse. All stores are jumping the shark this year with their ads. It’s ridiculous!

and I WANT THAT MILKSHAKE. Mmm pumpkin pie. I’m now starving.

as for something fun, does writing a paper about Where the Wild Things Are for my college seminar class count? ;)

Staci — November 22, 2011 @ 5:05 pm

It totally agree! Those Target commercials are horrible! So are the Walmart ones with that stupid You Rule–Ring me up lady! Horrible, horrible, horrible!

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — November 22, 2011 @ 5:05 pm

Truffle and cheese in one, sigh. Very Gossip Girl season 1! ;)

nicole p — November 22, 2011 @ 5:05 pm

i personally never want to hear/see the Kohl’s black friday commercial EVER again. they just had to go and use rebecca blacks song…

Kacy — November 22, 2011 @ 5:06 pm

I always seem to have terrible dreams about Mr. T when he sleeps over and then I wake up pissed off at him. Trying not to take that as a bad sign…

Lindsay Bressett — November 22, 2011 @ 5:08 pm

now I can’t stop thinking of all the things you could turn into straws……o.m.g. – chocolate bark straws……this has to be possible! lol

RJ (Kids and Cast Iron) — November 22, 2011 @ 5:12 pm

I do the same thing to my husband. I will have a dream he isn’t behaving and wake up mad at him. I stay mad to. He reminds me that he can’t control my dreams. Ha ha!

Anita — November 22, 2011 @ 5:15 pm

Awww, I LOVE Maria Bamford! I guess I’m going to have to love those Target commercials all by myself. But that’s okay. I still wanna poke someone in the eye at Walmart.

• Jenni — December 9th, 2011 @ 1:20 pm

Ah, I love Maria Bamford too! (Although the Target commercials aren’t my fave). Her stand-up rocks–especially “Joy Whac-a-mole”!

• Anita — December 9th, 2011 @ 1:45 pm

Yes! And the office temp bit – mini muffin Mondays!

• Jenni — December 9th, 2011 @ 2:31 pm

Oh that is soooo funny!!

Christina @ ovenadventures.blogspot.com — November 22, 2011 @ 5:15 pm

I just got home from the store buying nail polish just so I could try gradient nails. Now I’m gonna have to hit pinterest too.

Cait's Plate — November 22, 2011 @ 5:15 pm

Yay for reuniting with your brother! And also? I totally get irrationally mad at people for things I dreamed about them doing…

Cristy — November 22, 2011 @ 5:16 pm

Something fun? The top button on my pants popped when I read #6 above and the pictures of your cake batter bark. “Are you gaining weight, or are you just happy to see me?” ;)

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — November 22, 2011 @ 5:17 pm

I love the Target lady!! Have you seen the Kohls commercial with “Black Friday” sung to the tune of Rebecca Black’s “Friday”? Now, that one makes me want to stab my eye out.

Samantha — November 22, 2011 @ 5:18 pm

I completely feel you on the Target commercial, it seriously pisses me off. Especially because I’ve worked every single black Friday since I was 16 (and I’m 23 now.) You have no idea how horrible customers treat you on black friday. It’s enough to make you walk on out your job, until you realize that your bills will still come whether or not you have an income.

• Jessica — November 22nd, 2011 @ 5:20 pm

I was working retail last year and worked Black Friday. I also did in college a few times. Not fun!

Barb Brown — November 22, 2011 @ 5:20 pm

You should totally try this glitter ornament craft. I bought the stuff and plan to make them this weekend.

• Jessica — November 22nd, 2011 @ 5:24 pm

Oh I love this!!

Krystal — November 22, 2011 @ 5:22 pm

I’m totally procrastinating doing the dishes by reading your blog ;D
    So thank you! lol

Ty — November 22, 2011 @ 5:23 pm

WHERE did you find that cheese?

O.O

Must. Have.

• Jessica — November 22nd, 2011 @ 5:24 pm

Sam’s Club!

Marla — November 22, 2011 @ 5:26 pm

I also screamed via social media about that Target ad. Ha!

Anna @ On Anna's Plate — November 22, 2011 @ 5:30 pm

Any time I have a dream where Ryan pisses me off, I always stay mad for about a day, mainly because I usually think, “Well, even if it WAS a dream, it seems like something he would do!!!” This happened last week when I dreamed that he was getting cupcake crumbs everywhere in our house. Sigh.

Brittany — November 22, 2011 @ 5:33 pm

Something fun is watching this girl on YouTube with her channel of “Drunk Kitchen”, it will allow you to put off the dishes and not feel bad because you’re having such a good time watching her. I’ve been putting off a school paper today by watching her. Make sure to watch her music video too, “Show me where ya noms at”

^^^She’s hilarious!!^^^

Cecilia — November 22, 2011 @ 5:33 pm

Totally almost bought those peacock shoes!

Bev Weidner — November 22, 2011 @ 5:42 pm

Um, that post on comparing was freaking dead on.

So stop comparing yourself to me! ;)

Something fun….something fun. OH, I’ve been up since 5am and it feels like it’s now 10pm! YAY.

nay.

I’ll stop.

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile — November 22, 2011 @ 5:43 pm

I stab my eye every time that lady comes on the TV. I HATE IT! Those pie crust straws are the best idea ever. I live in Florida and I can’t wait to move out! Haha. Have a great Tuesday :)

natalie (the sweets life) — November 22, 2011 @ 5:56 pm

i apparently dont watch enough tv bc i haven’t seen that target commercial…and it sounds like that’s a good thing!

Mara @ What's For Dinner? — November 22, 2011 @ 6:01 pm

Pinterest is what started my nail obsession… and you’ve seen how far I’ve taken that!

• Jessica — November 22nd, 2011 @ 8:13 pm

Oh no… don’t tell me that!

Michele — November 22, 2011 @ 6:11 pm

fun or funny?
    something fun: watch good eats until the sun sets, rises, sets, and rises again.
    something funny: … good eats…

don’t judge me on my love for food science and tacky props..

Melissa — November 22, 2011 @ 6:15 pm

Where did you find that cheese? I must have it! Truffle Grilled Cheese with a glass of wine? Almost makes me want to forego Thanksgiving. Almost.

Anita Humphries — November 22, 2011 @ 6:16 pm

Oh Holy Moly……..totally agree about the Target lady. We instantly hit the mute button…but sometimes aren’t fast enough. Love your blog, btw!

Tracy — November 22, 2011 @ 6:26 pm

2 things…I want that cheese so bad! Must.find.it! And, I have that Thomas Keller book and love it. It sits on my coffee table looking pretty all year long.

Erin — November 22, 2011 @ 6:33 pm

Something fun I did to day was bake 14 and 1/2 apple pies today! Yes 14 and 1/2 pies.

• Jessica — November 22nd, 2011 @ 8:12 pm

Holy cow!

Annie @ Naturally Sweet Recipes — November 22, 2011 @ 6:52 pm

Aw, that cheese sounds incredible. Tis the season for amazing cheese platters. Thanks!!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — November 22, 2011 @ 6:59 pm

Target Black Friday and the commercials….should be avoided at all costs…I agree.

Too funny about Mr Sweet’s Vegas orders. lol Glad it was just a dream :)

And Thomas Keller’s cookbook…last Thursday I posted a few restaurants that were on my life’s bucket list, and the French Laundry was the first one on my list!! When I have a year in advance to make my reservation and the appetite for 23 courses, I’ll be sure to hop the next flight to Nor Cal :) LMK how you like that cookbook and if it’s uber ultra ‘fancy food’ which I expect it would be.

Katie — November 22, 2011 @ 7:41 pm

I used to have a full feast with my 3rd graders every year for Thanksgiving and I miss it sooo much. We would push all the desks together and make a giant desk-table that sat 30 people. Maybe I’ll just march into my old school in a pilgrim costume and demand to be part of that tradition again.

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy — November 22, 2011 @ 8:49 pm

I always compare myself to people…so I’m going to read that post right now :)

Ashley — November 22, 2011 @ 10:28 pm

Loving the comparing post! I’m pretty sure dressing up as Indians + Pilgrims is probably illegal nowadays. Nowadays…like we’re 50 or something. I’ve never had a fascination with painting nails…maybe because I have huge man hands + crappy nails. I want more time for crafts. And, lastly, come visit.

Adrienne — November 22, 2011 @ 10:49 pm

That Dianne Jacob’s link is so great. Thanks for posting it. Especially encouraging for new bloggers like myself :D

Ariffa — November 22, 2011 @ 11:46 pm

yeah, that crazy target lady commercial comes on all the time and makes me cringe. there’s not even a target where I live.

Bianca @ South Bay Rants n Raves — November 22, 2011 @ 11:53 pm

Finally! Someone else who gets creeped out by the Target lady! Argh!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Heather of Kitchen Concoctions — November 23, 2011 @ 12:00 am

OMG I have to show those shoes to my sister! She would love these! She is obsessed with shoes and more obsessed with all things peacock. Her wedding last February was all decorated in peacock colors and decor and consequently here house is now too.

Also the black Friday commercial that is driving me crazy is the Kohl’s commercial! That damn black Friday song is so catchy and I keep getting it stuck in my head!

HeatherChristo — November 23, 2011 @ 8:13 am

I am up at 4am, is that fun? probably not. but your post was. I love Tuesday things :)

Sonnet Gal — November 23, 2011 @ 8:42 am

Have you ever used Mod Podge? Make some more bark instead….and I say that with the utmost respect and adoration ; )

megan — November 23, 2011 @ 9:05 am

My daughter loves peacocks and got me to create a peacock birthday cake last year…she said “MOM! You’ve been working on that cake ALL day!” when I was putting them to bed…she was right :)

Patti — November 23, 2011 @ 9:24 am

Fun things: Good Gawd, your blog, of course.

And I love that Target woman. Makes me laugh so hard I snort. And that’s not pretty.

Brittany?! WTH?? Now I love Drunk Kitchen and may not get any of my chores done today. The fam might go without stuffing because I need to watch all of the Drunk Kitchen episodes.

My favorite book is still “I like you” by Amy Sedaris, Hospitality Under The Influence. Because it sounds like all my dinner parties. And apparently, as Drunk Kitchen would suggest, I am not alone.

Jaan — November 23, 2011 @ 9:46 am

You really want something funny. Pumpkin Poop and Turkey Poop! lol Yeah right, both are candies, candy corn for the first one, raisinetets for second. When doing dishes I am now trying to figure out what kind of droppings a christmas tree would leave…Heh, at least it helps pass the time away when doing the dishes. I and I alone am the automated dishwasher…and that’s why they always pile up 5mins after I am done washing. Please tell me your day is going better than mine.

Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers — November 23, 2011 @ 9:48 am

Just bought my pie crust, but I’m thinking screw the pie and I want to make those pie crust straws. Totally cool idea! I know how you feel about dreams! lol I dreampt my Husband cheated on me and I was mad at him for two days, funny how that happens.