Tuesday Things.

1. I will never, ever, EVER get over the fact that I no longer get a Christmas break. Same with summer. Not fair.

2. I have some really creeptastic obsession with seeing Chipmunks: The Squeakuel. I’ve never seen the first one and find the commercials somewhat annoying, but also find myself lying in bed every night squeaking rah-rah-ah-ah-ah-ah, roma-roma-mamaa, ga-ga-ooh-la-la in a chipmunk voice and pinching Mr. How Sweet. Then he gets up and goes down to sleep on the couch because I’M SO ANNOYING.

3. I’ve spent the entire day baking cookies with my brother’s girlfriend, Mary and have found myself screaming things at her like “roll the balls smaller!,” “put more coconut on the thumbprints!,” “beat the egg whites more!,” “YOU’RE DOING IT WRONG!” Channeling my inner Mother Lovett, I suppose.

4. All of a sudden there are these two old men at my gym in the morning that get on either end of the cardio machines then proceed to SHOUT in conversation to each other the entire time. Every single day. Many times it’s like, directly over my head. Let’s just say that Nicki Minaj has blasted my ear drums out of my freaking brain.

5. Don’t you think you should make me this tonight for dinner? And make this for my accompanying beverage? I’ll pay you in cookies. What a great idea!

6. Winnie did it again with another awesome homemade gift idea – bath salts! Last minute present perhaps?

7. Now I must go back to live in my kitchen and taste test 8 billion cookies.

48 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Tina @ mylifeasamrs — December 20, 2011 @ 5:35 pm

you are THE. best. :) PS: Those peanut butter blossoms are my FAVORITE!!!!

DessertForTwo — December 20, 2011 @ 5:36 pm

I look forward to your Tuesday things every week :)

Whitney — December 20, 2011 @ 5:37 pm

Uhm I just have to say I love you and you are SO funny!! The chipmunks thing has me laughing out loud at work!!

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) — December 20, 2011 @ 5:39 pm

I could see myself doing the same thing to my brothers girlfriend. haha

joelle (on a pink typewriter) — December 20, 2011 @ 5:39 pm

Um… I have some spare time if you, say, need some help with that taste testing of said 8 billion cookies. I mean, just offering… it’s not like I want any cookies right now while I sit in my office at work. Nope.

Which reminds me- yeah, I’d like to be on Christmas break too! Stupid adulthood.

Bianca @ South Bay Rants n Raves — December 20, 2011 @ 5:39 pm

Love reading this. Got a kick out of the creepy chipmunk point. Hehe.

Kristina @ spabettie — December 20, 2011 @ 5:45 pm

GAAH, I cannot stand the chipmunks, I’d sleep on the couch too (who am I kidding, I’d sleep in your kitchen, by the light of the refrigerator…)

I understand, though. I have always disliked the idea of supplemental insurance, BUT… I love the latest commercial AND can sing the whole thing. :D

• Kristina @ spabettie — December 20th, 2011 @ 5:46 pm

um, the Geico commercial, that is.

with the rapping birds?

• Jessica — December 20th, 2011 @ 5:53 pm

I don’t know which one that is!

• Stephanie — December 20th, 2011 @ 6:20 pm

I LOVE that commercial! Cracks me up everytime!

Kristen @ Chocolate Covered Kristen — December 20, 2011 @ 5:48 pm

I want to live in your kitchen… and AMEN on the winter/summer break. I considered going back to school to become a teacher for that very reason. I clearly have my priorities straight.

• Jessica — December 20th, 2011 @ 5:52 pm

SAME HERE!

• Domino — December 20th, 2011 @ 6:50 pm

I totally want to be a teacher for the same reason! OMW to be an English teacher for high school.

• Sumaiyyah — December 21st, 2011 @ 12:34 am

My brother wanted to be a teacher so that he could eat in the teacher’s area in the cafe. Better food, so he says. And my other brother wanted to become a teacher so that he’d get lots of presents on Teachers Day. But somehow it seems that I’m the only one of my siblings who’ll be pursuing that coveted profession. Presents+good food+school breaks? I’m totally in.

Rebecca @ How the Cookies Crumble — December 20, 2011 @ 5:52 pm

I’ll make the pizza for you if you can work out for me while I cook! :-)

Megly — December 20, 2011 @ 5:59 pm

I’m no Chipmunk aficionado or anything, but I’m pretty sure this movie is called ‘Chipwrecked’ and the last one was the ‘Squeakquel’ lol. Also whenever Theodore does the big puppy eyes and says “put it on now, so everyone can see!” I do a :3 face every time.

P.S. your gym situation sounds like my bus situation. only the two ladies sit in the back and yell to each other and I can hear them all the way in the front. Angry-making.

• Jessica — December 20th, 2011 @ 8:43 pm

I think you’re right!

Bev Weidner — December 20, 2011 @ 6:02 pm

Just how many cookies are you taste tasting and should I bring wine? OR THE TODDY. Ohhhh, see that?

See what I did?

See?

(thank you.)

Aimee @ ShugarySweets — December 20, 2011 @ 6:03 pm

You can borrow my children who are begging to go see that annoying movie. I am lucky (and so are they) that we made it through the first one…but this? Please please take them…I’ll pay in candy. And truffles. And donuts….

katie @KatieDid — December 20, 2011 @ 6:04 pm

SOO many cookies that must have been quite the production in the kitchen! I guess your whole life is one big production in the kitchen though ;)

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List — December 20, 2011 @ 6:10 pm

My sister is hosting a Christmas party tomorrow night. She told me she’s making these Chocolate Coconut balls that she saw on a blog. I’m like, “wait, How Sweet It Is?” She’s like, “you know that blog”.
    small world.
    I’m sure they’ll be great!

danielle — December 20, 2011 @ 6:18 pm

I love your Tuesday posts!! {it also makes me realize how fast the week goes by!}

Maria — December 20, 2011 @ 6:28 pm

I like this idea of getting paid in cookies, when can I start?

Zesty Cook — December 20, 2011 @ 6:49 pm

Payment in cookies? Sign me up!

Renee — December 20, 2011 @ 6:56 pm

If I didn’t live 150 miles north of you, I would swear we go to the same gym. They *finally* turned the music down and people act like they’re on opposite sides of the moon when talking to each other.

Shannon — December 20, 2011 @ 6:57 pm

Thank GOD someone else has a creeptastic obsession with the Chipmunks. I can’t get the uber-slow, sounds sped-up then slowed-down version of Survivor out of my head. Eeep!
    And PS: The Blossoms look fab. Made some today, myself. Whoa! (<-that was in my best Joey-Blossom's-borther voice. Obvi.)

Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen — December 20, 2011 @ 7:07 pm

Number 3 reminds me of when I try and cook or bake with anyone. I’m a control freak, what can I say?

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — December 20, 2011 @ 7:10 pm

I saw Bev’s hot toddy already too and I was like…yum.

And yelling at your bro’s GF to roll the balls smaller. TWSS. But seriously, that’s why I can’t cook with others. I am too OCD and want to scream at them no that is messy, wrong, etc… which is why it’s best my hubs just stays out of the kitchen. It’s a win-win for us both :)

Karen — December 20, 2011 @ 7:10 pm

Don’t hate but I still get a winter break, they make us take off the week between Christmas and NYE. I’m still trying to figure out how to take the summer off though…

Shari @ The Daily Dish — December 20, 2011 @ 7:35 pm

I would love some of those cookies right about now, and that pizza. Thank you for sharing!

Krista — December 20, 2011 @ 8:11 pm

I took my 4 yr old to the Chipmunks movie this weekend. I hate kid’s movies and expected to spend 90 minutes napping or playing with my phone. But the movie was actually really cute and I enjoyed it!

Emily @ Life on Food — December 20, 2011 @ 9:11 pm

I have had that same experience at the gym. It is the most annoying thing EVER!

Becki's Whole Life — December 20, 2011 @ 9:39 pm

Poor Mary….will she ever bake with you again? I do the same thing though to whoever is baking with me…

Joy — December 20, 2011 @ 10:59 pm

haha yes but before winter break i have two ugly fat finals!

Sally — December 20, 2011 @ 10:59 pm

your tuesday posts are awesome! #4 would bug me too.. i hate it when people talk over my head while i’m working out!! those cookies look perfect.. like all your cookies do!

AliSue — December 21, 2011 @ 12:01 am

I work at a hotel and am in charge of the gym and children’s activities. I have two pet peeves in the gym. A) if you sweat buckets then wipe off the machine and put the magazines or headphones in the dirty pile. *so gross! B) Yelling at yourself very loudly in a very small gym freaks people out, trust me.

For Christmas break I get the opposite of being a teacher and I am about to get my butt kicked for the next two weeks. It really does make you want to go and be a teacher, all holiday off along with summer!

Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy — December 21, 2011 @ 12:13 am

This is my first year without a Christmas break and I am not liking it. I was hoping that it gets better..but I guess not :(.

Nancy B. — December 21, 2011 @ 12:21 am

Totes with you on #1. Sometimes I really regret the decision not to become a teacher for that simple reason!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 21, 2011 @ 12:32 am

I am a teacher, so fortunately I get a Christmas and summer break :-) Also, thankfully I teach in Canada where teachers aren’t paid crap … I don’t think I could do it in the US.

• J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — December 21st, 2011 @ 7:03 am

There are actually a lot of well-paying teaching positions in our country, the (public) school district I went to being one of them. The teachers make an average of $60k/year with many making upwards of $100k/year and more, and that’s with weekends, holidays, snow days, sick days, personal days, and summers off totaling only ~180 days or so of work per year, plus healthcare and retirement benefits. Our national average as of 2009 was $54k/year. Does Canada have a pension plan for teachers? Our pension plans seem to be bankrupting our states. :(

Jennalee — December 21, 2011 @ 10:31 am

Hahaha!! Number 2 was great! I laughed so much.

Anita — December 21, 2011 @ 10:46 am

I always wanted to be a librarian, growing up. I wish I had pursued it, because what better way to get a spring break, summer break, and Christmas break, than working as a public school librarian?

Samantha — December 21, 2011 @ 11:38 am

I kind of do the same thing too. However, my friends can’t cook. Or bake for that matter. Let alone crack an egg without managing to get eggshells in the mix. Plus, as I found out last night, they suck at slicing cake. I didn’t think that was possible, but it was.

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — December 21, 2011 @ 1:12 pm

You poor thing having to taste test all those cookies. Haha!

Andrea @ The Skinny Chronicles — December 21, 2011 @ 1:58 pm

The Chipmunks Squeakuel commercial makes me happy every time too. I think Annoying is a highly under-rated characteristic in a wife. I’m sure you are fabulous just the way you are!

Sandy — December 21, 2011 @ 3:51 pm

Please don’t do this to Mary or anyone else. I am 56 years old and am afraid to do anything in the kitchen when my daughter is home because I obviously cannot do anything right including loading the dishwasher. This leaves me ready to leave the house crying when I am expecting my whole family to be here for Christmas weekend. I just wish I could leave, it has been a horrible week with the college girl.

Amy G. — December 22, 2011 @ 7:24 pm

My husband took our 9 year old to see the Chipmunks (while I went and saw another movie with vampires) When I got out of my movie they were waiting for, so I asked my daughter if she like the Chipmunk movie. She responded with “it sucked mom”. Nuff said.

Lucie Mewes — December 23, 2011 @ 3:16 am

Seriously, lasts night thumbprints! And, OMG my coconut browned so much. Mmmmmmmmm!