I’ve always been a late bloomer.

Noooooo… not in the training bra and unmentionable categories you’re thinking of. I’m unfortunately average and quite boring. Snooze.

But you know, like… other things. Vegetables? Still haven’t really bloomed. Making my bed? Uhhh nope. Putting fuel in my gas tank in a timely manner? No again. Cleaning up after myself? Unbloomable. Ever fully reaching adult status? Um. I don’t even know what that means.  ?????

So I can sort of relate to pork chops. After all, their full talents and capabilities are usually overlooked and not realized until much, much later… especially once everyone becomes sick of boring old chicken. Pork chops are super tardy to the meal planning party and when they finally do make an appearance, it tends to be one so dry that even the best wine can’t help choke that bite down.

Been there?

Me too. More times than I can count. I once talked to my pork chops and yeah… that was weird but totally necessary. Pork is like my BFF now.

Enter GLAZED pork chops. I almost always bread them, as any chance of dried out chews can be somewhat masked by butter, crunchy breadcrumbs and salty cheese. But in an effort to change it up and in the spirit of trying something new, I drenched them in a glaze that I usually reserve for salmon and chicken. Pork is so deserving though! I mean, I don’t know why I never thought of combining pig and booze before. It’s like my new life mission. And boy… do I love life.

Maple Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops

[adapted from my crispy glazed salmon]

makes 4 pork chops

4 boneless center cut pork chops

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon pepper

1/2 teaspoon smoked papika

1 tablespoon canola oil

1/4 cup low-sodium chicken stock

3/4 cup bourbon (I used a cherry bourbon – yum!)

3 tablespoons brown sugar

1 garlic clove, minced

1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce

2 tablespoons maple syrup

1/2 teaspoon ground mustard

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a small saucepan, combine bourbon, sugar, maple syrup, garlic, worcestershire, vinegar and mustard. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce to a simmer and let cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring every now and then. Remove from heat and let sit to thicken.

Pound pork chops with a meat tenderizer, then season on both sides with salt, pepper and paprika. Heat a cast iron (or oven-safe) skillet over medium-high heat. Brush with canola oil and once hot (I let my skillet heat for almost 5 full minutes), add pork chops. Sear on one side for 2-3 minutes, or until golden Flip and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Turn off heat, add chicken stock to skillet, then place in oven and bake for 15 minutes. My pork chops were about 1 inch thick, so if yours are a bit thicken they may need to bake a little longer.

Once finished, pour glaze over top and serve immediately.

P.S. brussels sprouts in an accidental maple bourbon glaze are pretty good too. Especially with a hot fudge bourbon milkshake. Bourbon for everyone!

102 Responses to “Maple Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops.”

Nicola @ unhip squirrel — January 12, 2012 @ 3:15 pm

The pork chops look great, but I’m drooling over those brussels!! I love a little charred goodness on my roasty veggies. :)

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — January 12, 2012 @ 3:29 pm

oh wow!!!

thao @ snapshots of happiness — January 12, 2012 @ 3:37 pm

You’re pork chops look absolutely delicious! My mom makes really good pork chops, but when I try to cook them… It just ends with a sad story. I’m going to try this one out, hopefully my luck with chops will turn around!

tina @ mylifeasamrs — January 12, 2012 @ 3:47 pm

oh. my. word. YES PLEASE! That glaze looks in.sane.!

rose — January 12, 2012 @ 3:50 pm

I love pork chops and I made that crispy bourbon glazed salmon and it was SO good! So this must be too :) Though I reeally love salmon!
    I had to laugh because I also let my gas tank go as low as it possibly can, like sometimes when I don’t even feel like I can make it to a station!! For no good reason.. but hating filling the gas tank and spending my money on something boring ..and I’m in my mid-20′s. Totally ridiculous!

Casey — January 12, 2012 @ 5:03 pm

Yumm pork. bacon. smile. :D

Katelyn Block — January 12, 2012 @ 6:20 pm

Uuuuum, yes yum.

DessertForTwo — January 12, 2012 @ 6:44 pm

Gosh, every single time I let the light come on in my car for gas. Then I spend the rest of my day driving around worried I’m going to run out of gas. It’s so dumb, but I never thought about changing it. I guess I could be an adult and fill up my tank when I have 1/4 left instead of 1/50 left. But nah. No thanks.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — January 12, 2012 @ 7:44 pm

I love pork chops, but always forget to make them. I have never head glazed chops!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — January 12, 2012 @ 7:45 pm

*had

Tracy — January 12, 2012 @ 9:22 pm

adding to my list for next week!

Amy — January 12, 2012 @ 9:48 pm

I’m a late bloomer too. Funny thing is……I spent 3 1/2 years as a vegetarian, who didn’t like vegetables much (and couldn’t eat soy or legumes) :/ What a good idea that turned out to be.

And the car? I swear. Runs on fumes far more often than it should. Thank God for that distance thingy on the dashboard that tells me how many kilometres I have left before I’m stranded on the side of the road and calling for help!

I can’t wait to try this! I don’t drink…..unless I’m drowning food in some kind of alcohol and this sounds amazing!

Kristen — January 13, 2012 @ 12:20 am

Oh yes, yes, yes… these babies look good! Love the glaze!

Kim — January 13, 2012 @ 10:15 am

Ok…so this recipe looks delicious. I have made something similar (sans bourbon-note to self-add some whiskey), but I add toasted chopped pecans on the top after the maple sauce. You should definitely do it. Uh-maze-ing.

Shelley — January 13, 2012 @ 11:04 pm

We made these tonight with some caramelized lemon & garlic green beans. First time cooking pork chops, & they were absolutely wonderful. The boyfriend ate two chops on his own, if that tells you anything. :)
    Thanks for the delicious recipe, it will be making another appearance in our kitchen very soon!

Lisa — January 15, 2012 @ 12:16 am

I don’t have an iron proof skillet, could you sear the pork chops on a skillet and then throw them and the broth into a baking pan?

Kristin @ Bake Something — January 19, 2012 @ 8:00 am

I made this last night and it was soooo good. I loved the glaze, so much that I could have eaten it with a spoon. I paired them with some fresh braised brussel sprouts which turned out awesome as well. First time I have ever had brussel sprouts, should have tried them a long time ago. Thanks again for the recipe!

Hannah — January 20, 2012 @ 1:58 am

These were great. My entire family devoured them! That sauce would be amazing on pretty much anything I tell ya.

Geny — January 26, 2012 @ 10:52 pm

Okay, made this tonight to rave reviews from everyone in my family, even my 8 year old!!! He ate a whole pork chop! Thanks so much:)!!!

Jackie — January 26, 2012 @ 11:28 pm

Hi

What brand of cherry bourbon did you use.

Lisa Moats — February 14, 2012 @ 11:39 pm

2/14/12 I made these tonight with parmesean crusted asparagus, and hassleback potatoes for our Valentines feast. We agreed that these were the best pork chops we ever had! Thanks bunches.

Todd — February 19, 2012 @ 11:25 pm

Beautiful pictures, excellent post, keep up the great work!!!

Pam — August 21, 2012 @ 9:31 am

This was fabulous made it last night and my husband loved it. I had stuffing and salad with it.

Tina — October 16, 2012 @ 10:54 am

Not a bourbon fan, sorry!!! But what about rum? Appleton’s, or Kraken or Bacardi spiced rum? Hmmmmmm, duly noted and will let you know! That is, if there will be enough rum left for cooking…we loves our rum!

Judy — December 27, 2012 @ 7:39 pm

Made this for dinner. Delish!!!

Faith — January 4, 2013 @ 8:00 pm

I made the glazed pork chops tonight and they were delicious! I wouldn’t bake them next time, at least not that long, it made them chewy.

Carolyn — January 15, 2013 @ 11:27 am

Ok so these look absolutely delish….now here comes a really dumb question!! Can I eat these if I’m prego? I know that when you cook liquor it isn’t the same as regular liquor so can I make them??!!!!

• Jessica — January 15th, 2013 @ 11:35 am

hahah so funny – I was just having a twitter conversation about this. I honestly have no idea, I’ve never been pregnant, but yes, cooking alcohol usually means most/all of it cooks off. If it was me, I would eat it. I think it is such a minuscule amount. Then again, I also come from the generation where my mom drank and smoke through all of her pregnancies… soo… maybe ask your doc?

Angela Thompson — June 15, 2013 @ 5:58 pm

So, this is my first time on your site and while your recipes are amazing, I’m loving reading your posts. You have like the best personality. Totally funny, my sense of humor and just loving it and the recipes. Thanks for such a fun, entertaining site.

P.S. Pork chops are late bloomers. I love them and this recipe looks amazing.

1. Pingback: Maple Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops [Dinner Time]

2. Pingback: What's for dinner? - Page 125 - CurlTalk

3. Pingback: Toasted Coconut Brussels Sprouts | How Sweet It Is

4. Pingback: Maple Bourbon Pork Chops and Cheese Grits | Charm Offensive Cooking

5. Pingback: Some quick n’ fancy dinner ideas | foodandfrederick

6. Pingback: White Cheddar + Arugula Pesto Mac and Cheese | How Sweet It Is

7. Pingback: Some quick n’ fancy dinner ideas

8. Pingback: Bourbon Glazed Chicken | Living to Dine

9. Pingback: 12 Days of Christmas Tradition & Menu Plan Monday 12/17 | Mama Sonshine

10. Pingback: Philly Cheese Sloppy Joe Rolls ~ Menu Plan Feb 4 | Mama Sonshine