Hello you luscious grapes you.

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes I howsweeteats.com

You know, luscious is sort of one of those words that makes my skin crawl. It’s just so… blahhh. Like one of those words that makes you cringe to the point where you could punch a puppy in the face. So yucky.

Too much?

I just had no other words to describe these grapes. I wish I could hug them.

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes I howsweeteats.com

From the moment I saw Maria’s roasted grape crostini, I was intrigued. What are these roasted grapes that people speak of? I figured I’d be a fan since I generally adore grapes in all of their bouncy, juicy glory… but I had no idea I’d be THIS MUCH of a fan.

Oh my stars.

Add roasted grapes to the list of my most recent obsessions (oh hi Rob Lowe). I can’t get enough. And that is how this weirdo combo was born. I also really like to watch things burst in the oven. Easily amused much?

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes I howsweeteats.com

So what do we classify this as? A snack? A side dish?

Lunch? Breakfast?

I just know that I want to eat it every day for the rest of my life. And then again. Twice.

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes I howsweeteats.com

Can we make that happen? I’d like an afterlife full of roasted grapes please.

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes I howsweeteats.com

Plus, this whole mess is stuffed with goat cheese, which is like… a law of life. Cheese belongs everywhere people. Everywhere I tell you!

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes I howsweeteats.com

Roasted Grape + Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

[inspired by Maria's crostini]

makes 4 potatoes

4 sweet potatoes

2 cups red, seedless grapes

1 teaspoon grapeseed oil (or another high heat oil)

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

4 ounces goat cheese

2 tablespoons honey + additional for drizzling

pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Poke holes in sweet potato with a fork, then wrap each tightly in aluminum foil. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until potatoes and tender to the touch. Unwrap foil and cut a slit down the middle of each sweet potato. Let sit until cool enough to handle.

Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. Lay grapes on a nonstick baking sheet and drizzle with grapeseed oil and a pinch each of salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until grapes begin to burst. Remove from the oven and let cool.

Once sweet potatoes are somewhat cool, gently remove the flesh with a spoon, trying to keep the potato intact. Add the sweet potato to a large bowl, then mash with 3 ounces of goat cheese, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, pepper and honey. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired, then scoop flash back into the potato skins. At this point you can re-warm the potatoes (if you let them cool completely) in the oven, then top with remaining goat cheese. Add grapes on top and serve with additional drizzled honey.

Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes I howsweeteats.com

You have GOT to try this. Please?

299 Responses to “Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese + Honey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes.”

mags — January 18, 2012 @ 11:36 am

Yup. Luscious is the only word for this combination of goodness. Good heavens.

Josie — January 18, 2012 @ 11:40 am

Roasted grapes are SOOOOO GOOD!! And frozen ones in the summer are absolutely wonderful. But have you ever electrocuted a grape? It’s fun too!

Take an unwashed dry grape and cut it almost in half but not all the way. Place it cut-side-down on a plate (kinda looks like a little butt) and microwave on high for 15 seconds or less. Seriously, you will want to do this at least 5 times. Its really cool! This is what Food Scientists do when we get bored. :)

Michaela — January 18, 2012 @ 11:44 am

whaaaaaaaaaaaat is this? this looks way too good to be true.

Elysia — January 18, 2012 @ 11:47 am

I was if-y until you said goat cheese. I’m on board.

Erin — January 18, 2012 @ 11:52 am

Rob Lowe is a jerk face.

• Jessica — January 18th, 2012 @ 11:54 am

Whaaat! Please elaborate. I don’t concur.

• Erin — January 19th, 2012 @ 3:42 pm

We were really randomly supposed to work at a party at his house watching kids. Before hand we received VERY explicit instructions on what to wear. Read – I had to go buy all sorts of clothes, so that I would look like a referee (and whatever else they wanted). So we showed up the morning of at o-dark-thirty in the morning, and were not allowed to enter the premises. Long story short, we waited outside in our car for hours as the sun came up, until we were informed that we were no longer needed. Bleh! It was probably more his assistant – Jamie – with her little velour jump suit with Js on all the zippers, but I just can’t watch him without grimacing.

Erin — January 18, 2012 @ 12:04 pm

Holy god…Now I want to change what I’m making for dinner…and I was excited about what I’m making for dinner too!

Alexis @ There She Goes — January 18, 2012 @ 12:05 pm

uh…have you seen the ads for this?! http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/drew-peterson-untouchable
    im almost afraid to watch!

• Jessica — January 18th, 2012 @ 12:06 pm

Yes, and I totally agree. I’m scared. It looks like such a creepy movie to begin with, but I don’t want to see Rob in any other way!

• mari — January 18th, 2012 @ 1:00 pm

JUST saw the ad for this while reading this post and was going to remind you its on sat night! So creepy but so lifetime-good haha.

Samantha — January 18, 2012 @ 12:16 pm

Do you know how starving I am this morning? And then I saw this…..

I just want to crawl inside of my monitor and die. YUMMMM.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — January 18, 2012 @ 12:23 pm

I’ve seen roasted grapes on a few blogs and before the holidays, I almost made some and then forgot about them…Now I really want to make them because this looks fabulous!! And with the cheese…and sweet potato…and oil drizzle shots….YUM!

Kaitlyn — January 18, 2012 @ 12:31 pm

I love your blog, and this is why! So delicious! I’m drooling at my computer.

janetha — January 18, 2012 @ 12:40 pm

MMM why have i never roasted grapes?! what a great concept!

Kath — January 18, 2012 @ 12:51 pm

Oh wow – so creative!!

Nicole H. — January 18, 2012 @ 1:05 pm

I can’t wait to try this delicious creation you have cooked up. My mouth is watering now!

Here is another similar recipe to Maria’s – This is one of my FAVORITE recipes:

You MUST try it!!

Jourdan — January 18, 2012 @ 1:18 pm

this sounds pretty darn amazing, and how creative! love roasted fruit and goat cheese!

Michelle — January 18, 2012 @ 1:26 pm

DljdjSKLFjesfeslkfsnfkel

^^That’s a pretty accurate statement for what my mind did when I saw these glorious potatoes.

Kristen@PrettySweet — January 18, 2012 @ 1:27 pm

I would never in a zillion years have thought of this, but it’s looking pretty awesome. Man, I love roasting things!

Jen — January 18, 2012 @ 1:37 pm

I never would have thought to make this in a billion years, but it looks UNBELIEVABLE. It includes all of my weaknesses: goat cheese, grapes, and Rob Lowe. Above, someone mentioned the Untouchable preview which I blogged about a few days ago. Ever noticed how Ron Swansony Rob Lowe looks? http://www.pretendtoenjoy.com/2012/01/lifetime-of-awesome-movies.html

Kilee — January 18, 2012 @ 1:52 pm

You were made to be a recipe developer! Your recipes and food combos are always so creative :)
    I would have never though to put grapes and sweet potatoes together. Keep on rockin’ it in the kitchen!!!

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — January 18, 2012 @ 1:54 pm

Oh my lord Jessica all these photos are just gorgeous! I love this recipe… you my friend are amazing!

joelle (on a pink typewriter) — January 18, 2012 @ 1:56 pm

OMG, get this in my stomach stat!

Becca @ Cook, Rejoice, Repeat — January 18, 2012 @ 2:02 pm

You know, I came close to trying roasted grapes with Smitten Kitchen’s grape-rosemary-sea salt focaccia, but at the last minute I realized that I was out of grapes, so I used a plum. Which was great, but still. In this recipe, I have a hunch that a plum just isn’t going to cut the mustard. Thanks mucho for the great flavor combo! I can’t wait to try it.

Lauren @ Recipes for a Quarterlife — January 18, 2012 @ 2:17 pm

roasted grapes, eh? sounds AMAZING.

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats — January 18, 2012 @ 2:30 pm

you have combined several of my favorites in one dish! ahhhh looks so good

Jessica @ Bake a Little — January 18, 2012 @ 2:44 pm

AH help! I want to make these so badly but I dont have any grape seed oil- any other suggestions!?

• Jessica — January 18th, 2012 @ 2:50 pm

Canola, safflower – anything with a high smoke point! If you are desperate you can try olive, but it may smoke a little.

Ashley — January 18, 2012 @ 2:53 pm

Roasted grapes are insanely delicious!! Tried them on Christmas roasted with brussel sprouts, which you would have loved. This sweet tater dish looks 100% amazing. Well done, friend. :)

jamie @ balancedpalate — January 18, 2012 @ 3:50 pm

intriguing… i love when things burst in the oven too.

Kelly — January 18, 2012 @ 3:50 pm

Umm this looks absolutely amazing! I swear I could eat sweet potatoes as a dessert I love them so much, and I’m excited to try roasted grapes :) Who knew?!

Chels R. — January 18, 2012 @ 4:04 pm

Oh no you didn’t!!! This looks to good to be true!!!! I’m making these!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — January 18, 2012 @ 4:09 pm

I have been seeing roasted grapes everywhere lately! I feel like I’m missing out…must get on this asap.Perhaps this weekend for the Giants game… :)

Niki — January 18, 2012 @ 4:13 pm

Wow! I’d love to make this in Australia but I need help with definition.
    What is a sweet potato?
    Over here sweet Potato is a yam, with orange flesh elongated shape. Can I use regular baking potatoes?
    Thanks for your thoughts.

• Jessica — January 18th, 2012 @ 4:23 pm

The definitely is a little wonky here too – I used sweet potatoes from Trader Joe’s, but they have orange flesh. In my local grocery story, a yam is the one with orange flesh. So I think it depends on region. I would not use a regular baked potato and I don’t think it would be sweet enough. If you can, try the yam!

Heather — January 18, 2012 @ 4:16 pm

Don’t hate me, but I am not a sweet potato fan. But this roasted grape thing sounds great, any other serving or combo sugggestions with roasted grapes??

• Jessica — January 18th, 2012 @ 4:22 pm

Try the crostini I linked above!

nicole {sweet peony} — January 18, 2012 @ 4:18 pm

what a wild combination of flavors! i’m definitely going to have to try roasted grapes… i bet i’d love them. totally in love with your photos. they’re amazing & completely drool-inducing!

• Jessica — January 18th, 2012 @ 4:22 pm

Thank you!

Heather of Kitchen Concoctions — January 18, 2012 @ 4:41 pm

I recently tried roasted grapes and sausage but wasn’t really a fan. Maybe the goat cheese and honey is key!

Lauren — January 18, 2012 @ 4:53 pm

I’m a skeptic when it comes to this mish mash, but I will try it and report back.

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — January 18, 2012 @ 6:23 pm

I thought this was a strange combination at first but seeing the pictures it makes absolute perfect sense. Looks fantastic!!

Maia — January 18, 2012 @ 6:34 pm

OK, here comes another cringe-worthy word… SUCCULENT. That is the adjective your last photo — of popped-open grapes, dripping honey, and warmed, melty goat cheese – called to mind. Printed this out for near-future use!

(And for the record, “panties” is my husband’s all-time most cringe-inducing word.)

jenna — January 18, 2012 @ 6:38 pm

roasted grapes, goat cheese and sweet potatoes????? oh my heavens you’ve gone off the deep end and I want to come!!!!! Amazing.

Tiffany — January 18, 2012 @ 7:05 pm

Ok, seriously, this sounds AWESOME! The grapes, goat cheese and honey alone is mouthwatering.

Alaina@mommysmenu — January 18, 2012 @ 7:27 pm

oh.em.gee. the grapes in my fridge are screaming at me to be roasted and made into this delicious creation!

Chelsy — January 18, 2012 @ 7:32 pm

You don’t have to tell me twice. I am whipping this up immediately. First off, I absolutely love grapes…must try this roasted thing you speak of, sounds absolutely lu..xurious! Secondly, goat cheese is the only ingredient I live for + honey, and sweet potatoes…two of my fave food groups! Love it!
    MANGIA!!!

Danielle — January 18, 2012 @ 8:14 pm

these photos are so beautiful! the combo did not sound good to me at first , but they look so beautiful I may have to try them myself!! ;-)

Michelle — January 18, 2012 @ 8:15 pm

I read this today, and I LOLed, and then of course I had to share with you:

• Jessica — January 18th, 2012 @ 8:27 pm

OMG lol!!

Sarah — January 18, 2012 @ 8:39 pm

I had this for dinner tonight!!! SO SO SO GOOD! Roating grapes was the best idea EVERRRR

• Jessica — January 18th, 2012 @ 8:40 pm

I’m so glad you liked it!!

Katrina (GF Gidget) — January 18, 2012 @ 9:31 pm

Super inventive!

Casey @ Insatiably Healthy — January 18, 2012 @ 9:35 pm

I have NEVER thought to add grapes to sweet potatoes. This looks like ultimate comfort food!

Liz — January 18, 2012 @ 11:27 pm

These sound ridiculously good!! I am so making them!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — January 18, 2012 @ 11:30 pm

i have been googling like a mad woman recipes that involve cooked grapes! I saw it on someones blog (a warm grape dip with goat cheese) and could not get it off my mind!!! this looks incredible!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — January 19, 2012 @ 12:22 am

Wow – very interesting!! I have never seen grapes in cooking before. I like!

Melissa @ Live, Love, & Run — January 19, 2012 @ 12:56 am

Oh, I’m making these TOMORROW.

Beth — January 19, 2012 @ 2:01 am

Seeing this recipe inspired me to throw my previous dinner plans out the window and buy grapes on the way home so I could make this. Thanks so much – it was amazing!

1. Pingback: 1月に料理する31のうまいもの | アメリカ最新美味しい~食事!こんな新しいメニュー見たことない!

2. Pingback: Nutrish & Delish // 10 Ways to Cook Sweet Potatoes | Style & Pepper

3. Pingback: Perfect Baked Potato Recipes | Un - ComplicateUn – Complicate

4. Pingback: 23 Amazing Ways To Eat A Baked Potato For Dinner | Monthly Recipes

5. Pingback: 23 Amazing Ways To Eat A Baked Potato For Dinner : Eat-Best.com

6. Pingback: 23 Amazing Ways To Eat A Baked Potato For Dinner : Grandmas Cooking

7. Pingback: 1月に料理する31のうまいもの | アメリカ最新美味しい~食事!こんな新しいメニュー見たことない!

8. Pingback: 50 Vegetable Side Dishes | Chef in Training

9. Pingback: A Functional Foodie

10. Pingback: Recipe Roundup: Sweet Potatoes, From Appetizer to Dessert | southernbeets

11. Pingback: Roasted Grape and Onion Pork Chops