Soooooo. You should make this.

I know. I say that all the time. BUT.

I really mean it. Really really.

I’d have to say this is in the top ten of things I’ve ever made. Yeah. For serious. Which is like… the top ten in a million things. Big deal.

And it totally took me by surprise. Gave me a big, fat punch of bewilderment square in the face.

I mean, I expected it to taste good. Obviously. But like… not THAT good.

My grandma always loved this little swiss almond cheese spread that came in a plastic container, and my mom still often buys it to serve with snacks and appetizers. It’s delicious smeared on crackers, but I decided it would be more delicious if someone combined a ton of toasted almonds with a few plentiful thousand handfuls of cheese.

I was right.

Happy happy joy joy.

I mean, just look at that hot, melty mess down there. I can’t even tell you how freaking good this is.

NOW MAKE IT FOR THE SUPER BOWL! Orrrr… just because you are awesome.

Toasted Almond Parmesan Dip

makes about 1 1/2 cups of dip

6 ounces cream cheese

2 ounces mascarpone cheese

1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese

3/4 cup sliced toasted almonds

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1/8 teaspoon nutmeg

pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In a bowl, combine cream cheese, mascarpone, salt, pepper, nutmeg, parmesan and 1/2 cup almonds. Mix with a spoon to combine, then press into a baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining almonds. Serve with crackers and pita chips!

Note: you can use low-fat cream cheese since the mascarpone has fat in it; not sure about using fat-free.

You are awesome, right?

112 Responses to “Toasted Almond Parmesan Dip.”

Katie — January 27, 2012 @ 6:32 pm

Will you come cater my super-bowl party (that I’m not having)?

Grace — January 27, 2012 @ 7:09 pm

this looks so good, i love Super Bowl food!

Quiche-ing Queen — January 27, 2012 @ 7:14 pm

Perfect Game Day snack. This looks so delicious.

Kelly — January 27, 2012 @ 7:58 pm

Wow. This looks jaw dropping good!

Brandon @ Kitchen Konfidence — January 27, 2012 @ 8:22 pm

Oh wow, this sounds tasty. I love to cook Italian meals on Sunday evenings (it’s a tradition of mine). I’m thinking this would be a fun appetizer!

MikeVFMK — January 27, 2012 @ 8:29 pm

I’ll be honest. I have a thing for dips. Love them! Great for almost any occasion. And this dip looks bloody spectacular! Amen. The pics do as well, but that goes without saying.

Zesty Cook — January 28, 2012 @ 1:29 am

I’m pinning this!!

Amanda — January 28, 2012 @ 1:59 am
    Jo — January 28, 2012 @ 7:42 am

I’ve said this before, BUT, you are killing me !!! This really looks good.

Cristy — January 28, 2012 @ 8:54 am

Oh em gee. Looks divine, and is now on the list of Super Bowl food I’m serving (so far, 2 out of 6 recipes are yours…and you’re the only person with more than one recipe….hmmm….).

Thanks for sharing. Oh, and you and I need a vacation to the Keys. My hand is as tan as yours right now.

Jaan — January 28, 2012 @ 9:14 am

I know that this is a dip, a darn tasty lookin’ one at that, but it looks so good that you could put it on baked potatoes, or veggies. This looks so good, that I am passing it around to my family to enjoy, also.

Vicky @ Recipe Adaptors — January 28, 2012 @ 9:59 am

Mmmmm…. dip ….. :-)

cecilia g — January 28, 2012 @ 11:52 am

cheese is my favourite food.. period, and this cheese dip does indeed look and read as divine. Your shot of the dip dripping off the cracker IS a cracker!! c

Alyse — January 28, 2012 @ 11:58 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you for adding a Pin It link to your recipe. It makes it so much easier for me to pin your recipes to my pinterest, and that is where they end up.

BTW–I was craving your blood orange salsa the other day, but had pork chops instead of fish. Yumm, Yumm. That salsa is good with anything.

Can hardly wait to try this dip. Must get to the store TODAY.

Lynne Knowlton — January 28, 2012 @ 1:41 pm

Thank you. I am officially drooling. Love love love your blog. Love it. xx

Karen Collins — January 28, 2012 @ 1:57 pm

The dip looks great! Can’t wait to try it out. Not only does the dip look great, but what type of crackers are those? They look yummy!

Jennifer@Peanut Butter and Peppers — January 29, 2012 @ 1:19 am

I am so hungry right, it’s past my bed time and I all I want is to go to the store to get mascarpone cheese!

Kathy — January 29, 2012 @ 2:41 pm

This dip was awesome. I made it Friday night for a game night, and everyone raved about it. I’m going to be making this often from now on.

Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper — January 29, 2012 @ 10:56 pm

Wow, this is such a great idea. And it looks DELICIOUS.

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com — January 30, 2012 @ 2:49 am

That looks DELISH!! Can’t wait to meet you at Food Blog Forum in Orlando :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — January 30, 2012 @ 9:10 pm

Looks amazing!!!

I made your giant rainbow cookies on Saturday for one of my desserts for a Foodbuzz 24×24 dinner! They were a hit!

Andrea — February 2, 2012 @ 8:42 pm

Hi! I made this for tea last night and it was soooo delicious, thanks for the recipe. It made fantastic leftovers for lunch today too :)

Jenny — February 6, 2012 @ 10:37 am

Hi — so I made this for my Superbowl party yesterday. Big disappointment! It wasn’t ooey-gooey creamy like your pics. It was dry and crumbly. I even splurged on the fresh Parm-Reg. and grated it myself. I feel like maybe you missed an ingredient in your list…..mayo perhaps? Something to bind it all together and make it soft and creamy. The cream cheese and marscapone didn’t achieve this.

The flavor was eh. Nobody ate it. Not sure what you’re raving about. I’m an excellent cook and did everything as you said to do…..so it’s not a situation where I could have done anything wrong…it’s a pretty basic recipe. Bummer.

• Jessica — February 6th, 2012 @ 10:42 am

Hi Jenny – sorry it didn’t work out for you. Definitely not missing any ingredients though. Cream cheese and mascarpone are both really creamy when heated so it doesn’t need anything else to bind it, the only thing I can think of is maybe your oven gets much hotter than mine and dried out the mixture? Not sure, but I made it for the 4th time yesterday as have many others and it’s worked out fine!

• Tera Williams — November 10th, 2013 @ 8:07 am

I don’t know why people feel the need to be so rude !! Looks like this recipe has worked for a lot of people ! Perhaps it was ‘operator’ error. If it doesn’t work for you, don’t make it again – just don’t be rude about it. Jessica – thanks for taking the time out of your schedule to post this recipe for others to try ! It IS delicious !!

CT — February 6, 2012 @ 4:26 pm

Made this over superbowl and it was DRY… looked nothing like the dip pics shown, and the recipe was followed to a T. Was there something omitted from the recipe by mistake? This was a major disappointment… especially given the “top five things I’ve ever made” claims.

Jenny — February 7, 2012 @ 9:40 am

oh well! thanks for the response.

Vanessa — February 9, 2012 @ 10:40 am

My mom made this for her Superbowl party and said everyone gobbled it up. Sadly, I was not at the party so now I am just longingly staring at the photos wishing I could eat them up. As a side note, my mom did use 8oz of cream cheese (instead of 6 oz). I mean, a little extra cream cheese never hurt anyone!

nancy — February 9, 2012 @ 3:42 pm

Can you correct the recipe and include the remaining ingredients. You forgot to include the pepper, nutmeg and salt in combining the ingredients. I made it according to directions and then realized you forgot half the ingredients in the actual instructions.. Without them the dip is bland.

FRAN — March 24, 2012 @ 4:53 pm

i’ve made this dip four times now and it is amazing. everyone goes crazy over it. thank you!!!

em — May 1, 2012 @ 4:26 pm

found this on pinterest and have made it 3 times. god it is so good.

Scottie — May 28, 2012 @ 8:51 pm

I added 2 tbsp sour cream and it was delicious!

Maggie — September 3, 2012 @ 3:53 pm

I made this and received rave reviews. I mixed ingredients ahead of time and baked dish later on in week. I did not have nutmeg and used savory herbs instead. I also baked it for 18 min.

pcguy — March 17, 2013 @ 2:16 pm

Would it not be better to put in a saucepan and heat to melt to it is homogenous then bake? Maybe added some Heavy Cream very small amount would help or as someone tried sour cream.

pcguy — March 17, 2013 @ 10:51 pm

It worked perfect the way I did it. I added 2 oz of heavy cream to make it creamier and mixed and warmed it up over to the stove first to melt the parmesan cheese.

For those 2 people who it did not work I can assume your parmesan never had a chance to melt or was not mixed well enough before baking it. I baked for 22 minutes and could have easily baked for 30!!!

This recipe is very close to Mia Francesca’s 4 cheese Spinach Ravioli pasta sauce. Just add blue cheese, swiss and a touch of marinara sauce or tomato sauce with chunky tomatoes and a touch of spinach and its right on!!

Jill — April 27, 2013 @ 9:23 pm

This dip is amazing! All I needed was one tiny taste before it even went into the oven to know how good it was going to be. Thank you! :)

almonds sweets online — September 28, 2013 @ 1:03 am

I too also more interested to eat the toasted almond because I like that very much. In parties, I mostly preferred this kind of dishes. Almonds are low in saturated fat and contain many other protective nutrients such as calcium and magnesium which is for strong bones.

Rachel — December 16, 2013 @ 3:30 pm

Sooo, I made this for my holiday gathering a week ago and it was THE number one dish served (and we served a lot of food that night)! Everyone was raving about how amazing the cheese dip was. I may have made a special portion to hide just for myself because it was that good!

1. Pingback: Pin it, Superbowl eats. « A Tasty Life

2. Pingback: Friday Favorites-Recipe Roundup-(Superbowl Edition!) | mommysmenu

3. Pingback: Sunday thoughts « Apples and Optimism

4. Pingback: Tried Something New

5. Pingback: Fox in the Kitchen – Cinnamon Bites and Pepita Brittle :: MMM (Must Make Monday)

6. Pingback: Football Food! [135 Recipes for Football Season.] | Lifestyle Pins