Let’s call this… lunch in a hurry.

Because if you could see the state of my house right now you’d probably cry.

I’ve been playing single lady for two days and when this happens… I don’t clean up after myself. Ever.

I make fast and furious meals, if they can even be called such, so I can hurry back to my Felicity marathon. I peel the labels off of wine bottles while I’m drinking glasses and think about making pretty collages with them even though I don’t have a crafty bone in my body. So I just drink more wine and peel more labels.

I experiment with extra-glittery eye shadow and wonder when I became too old to wear my prized Urban Decay Uzi or streak my underlashes with hot pink liner. I light about 67 candles and really, really, REALLY blast my Taylor Dayne Pandora station until I’ve sufficiently had enough of Whitney Houston. Which, let’s be honest – is never.

I get sort of depressed that my husband will actually be home when The Vow comes out in theaters because if he wasn’t, I would use that as a perfectly good excuse to drop everything I’m doing in the middle of the afternoon and go see it by myself with about 8 million snacks. I love snacks.

I make blanket forts on the couch and research random celebrity lives on wikipedia and buy 16 magazines in one day because I feel like I’m on vacation and then read them while I eat dip for dinner.

It’s true… it’s a problem. An excellent one.

Oh I also eat a lot of pickles and olives. I don’t know. It’s just a thing I do.

I need to talk about coconut milk. I am a girl possessed. And a girl obsessed.

It’s no secret that I’ve always adored all things coconut, but lately we’ve been going through can after can after can after can after… yeah. And I only use a cup or so at a time, or maybe even less, so I’m left with all these stupid half-open cans of coconut milk in my fridge. Which is an awesome problem to have, if you are handy and creative and not wasteful.

Unfortunately, I am none of those things. After throwing out three perfectly full-but-now-gross cans last week (frown), I’d had enough.

Besides wanting to slather it all over my body and take a coconut milk bath, I constantly want to ingest it. I mean… I love it in EVERYTHING. Even vegetables. So weird. I know. I know you guys!

Is this weird?

I just know that’s what you’re thinking. Beans and garlic and citrus and coconut milk? I haven’t been smoking a thing, I swear. But I uh, HAVE been putting coconut milk in just about everything.

You probably shouldn’t combine it with the pickles and olives. You know… FYI.

This dip is creamy from the coconut milk and caramely from the garlic and a little refreshing from the citrus and perfect spread on an entire box of crackers for your lunch or dinner, with a side of apples and peanut butter and some chunks of cheese. And it’s allll yours. Do the darn thing.

Coconut Milk + Citrus White Bean Spread

makes about 3/4 cup dip

1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed

1 bulb of roasted garlic

zest of 1 orange

2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice

1/4-1/3 cup canned light coconut milk

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

Add beans and roasted garlic to a food processor and pulse then process until combined and smooth. Add in orange juice and zest, pulsing to combine, then with the processor on stream in coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper, then taste and add additional salt or coconut milk if desired. Top with green onions or anything else delicious you like. Serve immediately. Can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days.

Done being weird.

107 Responses to “Coconut Milk + Citrus White Bean Spread.”

Carissa — February 9, 2012 @ 3:12 pm

I have so much trouble getting homemade bean dips to be as creamy as the kind you can buy. Coconut milk is such a perfect solution! Plus, I’m with you on wanting to bathe in it. I never ever drink from the cartons in the fridge, but we have Silk Coconut Milk in there now & I just needed.a.sip.right.away. Haha. So good!

Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt — February 9, 2012 @ 3:17 pm

I just found a recipe from you! I had it filled under Valentines Day. I cannot believe I have not made this since last Valentines day, it’s so good..Just thought I would share;-)

• Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt — February 9th, 2012 @ 3:18 pm

Oops, I forgot to say what it was…..Clams Casino Linguine, with BACON

• Jessica — February 9th, 2012 @ 3:34 pm

That is one of my FAVORITE meals!!

Julia — February 9, 2012 @ 3:33 pm

I just finished watching Felicity, in its entirety. I can’t help but bob my head up and down when I hear the words, “can you become, can you become, a new version of you… new wallpaper, new shoe leather…” And please, why ‘new shoe leather’??? Oh yes, and this dip, I love it.

Lauren — February 9, 2012 @ 3:56 pm

Mmmm…I love coconut milk too! I’ve been doing a coconut milk hot chocolate that’s wonderful. It’s much more rich than regular hot chocolate….the texture is great.

Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — February 9, 2012 @ 4:46 pm

Ohh very interesting combo of flavors! Sounds like something I’d love too :)

Mary W — February 9, 2012 @ 4:51 pm

Not crazy about coconut… but HURRAY for Felicity marathons! ;-)

Pink Kitchen — February 9, 2012 @ 5:01 pm

This is definitely something I would eat :)

Jen Marie — February 9, 2012 @ 5:02 pm

Oh, sigh. Felicity? Yes, please! I love reruns! I could just netflix every season of these old shows. From Friends, to Felicity, to Buffy and Sex & the City. Weird. I would just watch and watch and watch. Oh, yes.

I hate to get on IMDB or Wikipedia. I get obsessed about someone and stay on for HOURS….. I’m familiar.
    Then, I google pictures of them and obsess until my head hurts and then I netflix some awful movie they made in the 80′s and watch it and think it’s awesome, but it’s not.

This bean dip needs to be made STAT. For the next night the hubby’s away and I can sit on the couch and eat dip and watch bad 80′s netflix.

Jen Marie — February 9, 2012 @ 5:02 pm

Ooh! I almost forgot Gilmore Girls!!! Yes, yes!

Moni'sMeals — February 9, 2012 @ 5:29 pm

Yummmmm… and so special. I love combo you have here. Well done!

Elizabeth @ the kitchen counsel — February 9, 2012 @ 5:30 pm

i’m both terrified and intrigued by this. more intrigued than terrified because you’ve never let me down. but still, a little scared.

Zesty Cook — February 9, 2012 @ 8:35 pm

This is pretty brilliant, I’m intrigued to see how the coconut milk would affect the texture of the spread. Such an original idea!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — February 10, 2012 @ 12:01 am

This looks great! And I can totally understand wanting to get back to Felicity–that is one of my FAVORITE shows ever, Scott Speedman is such great eye candy. I’ve definitely watched that show from start to finish a couple times by now.

Clare @ SweetnSimple — February 10, 2012 @ 1:51 am

This looks absolutely delicious! Coconut milk makes everything better.. totally not weird :) yum!

Katie @ OhShineOn — February 10, 2012 @ 9:56 am

GHAAA! This is perfect. I have about 1/4-1/3 cup left of coconut milk in the fridge NO JOKE! This is definitely fate working. I need me some dip now… and it’s not like I have plans for dinner.

Candy — February 10, 2012 @ 11:37 am

omg I just love you. I’m not kidding, you are the funniest person I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which is a little sad in some ways.

stacy t — February 10, 2012 @ 11:57 am

can i come live with you? just for a little while. like forever? that’s not that long is it? and i make terrific snacks. and drinks. and desserts. and i’ll clean your kitchen. and i have a twins – they’re eight. but that’s okay – they’re small. so….what’s your address?

• Jessica — February 10th, 2012 @ 1:45 pm

Well since you’ll clean my kitchen…

Karen — February 10, 2012 @ 1:53 pm

I love the way you eat! I want it all for lunch – the apples & peanut butter, box of crackers & dip, and maybe some cheese.

Adrienne J — February 10, 2012 @ 2:24 pm

While my husband was deployed I did every single thing you said!! That’s hilarious. Just think, he was gone for 6 months – my magazine collection is ridiculous and I have no other girly show to watch on Netflix.

Ally — February 10, 2012 @ 2:34 pm

What a great way to incorporate the healthy benefits of coconut milk into a dip…love it! And dontcha just love those pretzel crisps! Ally :)

Shelly — February 10, 2012 @ 3:21 pm

Seems like such a shame to waste anything coconutty (is too a word)…I’d be making a big pitcher of Pina Colada’s with the leftover, just sayin’ :)

Kelly — February 10, 2012 @ 4:59 pm

Not weird at all! I’d omit the garlic and pepper, and add some sugar to that bad boy!

Holly — February 10, 2012 @ 7:18 pm

Love coconut milk, too, and I never waste it by freezing any leftovers from a can and using it in smoothies or soups later.
    Have you heard the autotune of Kristen Bell’s sloth meltdown on Ellen yesterday? I’m sure your mother would enjoy it.

Lisa — February 10, 2012 @ 9:13 pm

Wait…is that a BEER I see in the b.g.? Oh, Scott Speedman, wherefore art thou…?

batgyrl — February 10, 2012 @ 9:31 pm

LOVE your blog! You’re so funny. It makes my day.

Done being cheesy.

Jessica — February 10, 2012 @ 11:09 pm

so……it goes without saying that this recipe is amazing. you are my coconut-loving, namesake sister of food, and i adore you. ;) now wondering about those round crackers you have dipped in the dip on the precious little square plate in that one picture. those just scream, “i’ll taste incredible.” what are they???

Tiffany {A Clove of Garlic} — February 11, 2012 @ 2:10 am

Love the plug for the TJ’s products. My favorite :)

Mary Anderson Griffin — February 11, 2012 @ 9:51 am

I am a lactose intolerant creme brulee lover which has been a huge problem for obvious reasons. A few weeks ago I made creme brulee substituting canned coconut milk for the heavy cream and it was wonderful. I served it to my book group to rave reviews. Some substitutes I make are just good enough, but this was amazing!

Amy @ A Little Nosh — February 12, 2012 @ 4:48 pm

Oh god, my heart just squeezed when I read that line about Whitney Houston, knowing you wrote this before she died. Made me cringe. I don’t know why…it just did. But your spread looks yummy, if that’s any consolation.

Peaches — February 13, 2012 @ 5:47 pm

Thank you for the yummiest of recipes. I subscribe to a few blogs but your are most def my fave and I read everything you write unlike the others where I just check out the recipe.
    I am the Queen of Freezing everything and wanted to mention that you can freeze coconut milk. You can freeze any kind of milk actually. I just measure it, put it into a small freezer proof bag with zip or double seal, squeeze out most of the air and voila. Ready when you are. No waste!

Brandi — February 25, 2012 @ 9:18 pm

Apologetically, I really wanted to woo my hubby with this dip but it didn’t turn out as expected… it was a bit thin….thinner than i had expected. at least roasting the garlic was a nice thing to learn. and maybe i will figure out how to thicken this dip over time.

Kat — March 10, 2012 @ 10:21 am

This stuff is like crack. I have made it 4 or 5 times and we just can’t get enough. So delicious!

Manuella — November 30, 2012 @ 7:56 am

:Hey I believe this is a great piece of work I will deftneiely keep up reading your works, well done. It is very important to have quality contents on the web, we can use them as a reliable source for our projects.I’ve read it with much pleasure and I’m sure I’m gonna read all the other things you will write, well done man!.

Arthur Simzer — May 9, 2013 @ 2:07 am

Nominated for 1 Emmy and 1 Golden Globe in its first five seasons, Gilmore Girls has experienced much greater success among TV viewers than among industry critics. In fact, the show is the first script supported by the Family Friendly Forum’s script development fund to go on and become a regular television series. Part of an initiative between The WB Network – maker of such hits as Dawson’s Creek (1998), Felicity (1998), Angel (1999), and Smallville (2001) – and fellow industry executives, this push for more family-oriented programming resulted in a series showcasing a unique mother-daughter bond and the various people they encounter on their life voyage of discovery. Set in the fictional town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut, Gilmore Girls utilizes many of the same sets as the hit series The Dukes Of Hazzard (1979) – another successful Warner Brothers production from years past…;:

Newest article coming from our own blog
    <http://healthwellnesslab.com