Soooooo… you know that episode of Sex and the City where Miranda has to dump dish soap on top of chocolate cake just so she will stop eating it??

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups I howsweeteats.com

Uh. Yeeeeeah.

These are like… of that caliber.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups I howsweeteats.com

And that totally almost happened to me. You PROBably should not make these if you are home alone for four days. Word to the wise, FYI.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups I howsweeteats.com

I ate what felt like a million, then had a plate of 5-day old green bean fries from the fridge and called it lunch. I do not recommend this. The leftover green bean fries – not the cookie dough cups.

I definitely recommend those.

For lunch.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups I howsweeteats.com

Face? Meet peanut butter cookie dough cups.

Inhale.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups I howsweeteats.com

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups

[cookie dough adapted from cookie dough dip]

makes 24 cups

2 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips

1/2 cup unsalted butter

1/3 cup packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

3/4 cup powdered sugar

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

In a small saucepan, heat butter until melted. Whisk in brown sugar until dissolved, then let it bubble for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in peanut butter. The mixture will be liquidly. Whisk in vanilla. Let sit and cool completely, about 20 minutes.

Line a mini muffin with with liners. Melt 1 1/4 cups of chocolate chips (I do mine in the microwave, heating on full power for 20 seconds, stir, 30 seconds again, and stir until melted). Drop 1/2-1 teaspoon of chocolate into each liner, then use a pastry brush to brush chocolate up the sides of the liner. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes. By this point the butter + sugar mix should be cool. Whisk in powdered sugar, salt and flour, until combine and few lumps remain. Fold in mini chocolate chips. The dough will be wet, but pop it in the fridge for 15 minutes to harden.

Remove muffin tin and cookie dough, then place 1 teaspoon of cookie dough (I somewhat rolled mine) into the chocolate cups. Place back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Melt the remaining chocolate chips, then cover each cookie dough top with chocolate, smoothing with a spoon. Freeze again for 15-20 minutes. These are fine out in room temperature for a few hours (they may soften a bit) but I like them best stored in the fridge.

Note: I’m sure if you temper your chocolate and let it sit at room temperature these will harden without the freezer, but this is what works for me best.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups I howsweeteats.com

Sigh.

265 Responses to “Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups.”

Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) — March 30, 2012 @ 7:05 am

Those are GENIUS! Next I want to see Blondie Peanut Butter Cups :D

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — March 30, 2012 @ 7:05 am

I see these happening very soon… and pretty sure I’d have to cover them in more than dish soap to keep from eating them!

Kelly — March 30, 2012 @ 7:06 am

Oh wow! I would have no sense of portion control when it came to these!

Andrea — March 30, 2012 @ 7:07 am

WOW WOW WOW… Those look amazing.

Aimee @ ShugarySweets — March 30, 2012 @ 7:07 am

OMG, yes!!

Kim — March 30, 2012 @ 7:08 am

That’s my favorite SATC moment ever. Mainly because I may or may not have done that (several times) before…

Sally @ sally's baking addiction — March 30, 2012 @ 7:09 am

i have no words. what an amazing way to start off a friday…! ps: i totally know which sex&the city episode you’re talking about. i wouldn’t be pouring any soap onto these. :)

Marian @ Marian writes — March 30, 2012 @ 7:12 am

Ughhhhhhhhhh want. I’m traveling in Asia right now and seeing this without having access to a kitchen (or cookie dough…..) is quite the struggle (my life is so hard). Beautiful recipe!!

Kim in MD — March 30, 2012 @ 7:15 am

I love the SATC episode! These chocolate chip peanut butter cups are genius, Jessica! I am making these TODAY. Luckily, my family will be home to help me eat them! :-)

Erika - The Teenage Taste — March 30, 2012 @ 7:17 am

Cookie dough + chocolate + peanut butter? Oh these could be dangerous…very dangerous…in a good way, of course! :-D

Bev Weidner — March 30, 2012 @ 7:17 am

Oh. Oh. Oh.

Nicky @ Pink Recipe Box — March 30, 2012 @ 7:17 am

So, so beautiful. I’m going to have to try this! But maybe I’ll only make half of the recipe… or maybe double!

Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles — March 30, 2012 @ 7:21 am

I don’t know what I would have to dump on these to keep me from eating them!!! ESPECIALLY if I were home alone for four days.
    I think I would have to introduce them to my hips, but they look delicious enough that I’d be okay with it. Now, THAT’S SAYIN SOMETHIN! ;)

Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray — March 30, 2012 @ 7:29 am

Oh yeah, I’m making these. Love anything cookie dough!

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat — March 30, 2012 @ 7:30 am

Ok, I knew there had to be a reason I got out of bed this morning and THIS is it! I’m not sure something as gross as dish soap would stop me.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — March 30, 2012 @ 7:30 am

Oh, I’m going to make these tonight for my Husband to take to work tomorrow! This looks awesome!!! What a great way to start a weekend!

Simply Life — March 30, 2012 @ 7:31 am

oh my! I would love to inhale these today!

Christin — March 30, 2012 @ 7:35 am

You are KILLING me with these! Killing. Me. I can hear my heart saying “tick, tock” when I think of eating these. I think I might have to start looking into elasticised waistbands. Maternity clothes are cool, right?

Jessicaisbaking — March 30, 2012 @ 7:38 am

Ohhhhhh! You have outdone yourself on this one!!! Looks amazing and is on my to make list for sure!

Sally @ Spontaneous Hausfrau — March 30, 2012 @ 7:39 am

Uh, okay. I can arrange these for lunch.

No. Really. I’ll have them with cauliflower, as I’m all out of green beans. Same thing, right?

Caroline @ chocolate & carrots — March 30, 2012 @ 7:40 am

I would have to dump an entire pound of dish soap on these. Yummmmmmmm!

Angie — March 30, 2012 @ 7:53 am

oh…. my… god! I rarely comment on blog posts but how could I not?!?! These look absolutely devine and can’t wait to devour a mountain of them!!

Villy @ For the love of Feeding — March 30, 2012 @ 7:57 am

For lunch? What about for breakfast?? (devilish smirk)

Katrina — March 30, 2012 @ 7:57 am

I love this freaking idea! Genius!!

Cindy Coniglio — March 30, 2012 @ 8:01 am

Plain rude… lol. You are amazing. I mean it. Im so proud of you and this blog.

Hope @ With A Side Of Hope — March 30, 2012 @ 8:08 am

Peanut butter cups and chocolate chip cookie dough are my favorite! Putting them together sounds even better!! Definitely need to try these asap!!! :)

Rodzilla — March 30, 2012 @ 8:11 am

I’m going to have to scale that recipe to one if I don’t want to end up finishing the muffin pan.

Sahra — March 30, 2012 @ 8:13 am

Omg these look incredible!! What a cute idea!

Amy W — March 30, 2012 @ 8:19 am

You are the devil on my shoulder… I like it.

Mary — March 30, 2012 @ 8:24 am

1) these appear to be everything i’ve ever hoped and dreamed of.
    2) that is like my favorite SATC episodes because that unfortunately is me. i may even go as far as picking through to locate any possible area not saturated with soap. i have issues.

The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh — March 30, 2012 @ 8:32 am

I have tried several times to think of the right words to describe my awe of this recipe and nothing is adequate.

Chelsy — March 30, 2012 @ 8:32 am

Whoa, whoa! Are you trying to kill me?

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots — March 30, 2012 @ 8:35 am

best sweet treat you have ever made!!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — March 30, 2012 @ 8:36 am

I need to stop reading your blog. You make me very hungry.

Who am I kidding? I like the torture … I’ll never stop reading. ;)

Rhianne — March 30, 2012 @ 8:39 am

good god, these look amazing!!!

Tiana — March 30, 2012 @ 8:40 am

You’re EEEEEEvil! That’s all I have to say :-)

Bri — March 30, 2012 @ 8:53 am

This is a perfectly acceptable lunch, I’m sure! Looks so gooood!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — March 30, 2012 @ 8:55 am

I don’t even have words…

AliSue — March 30, 2012 @ 8:55 am

Oh my gosh! I am so happy that I already did my workout this morning. I only need to get a mini pan and these will be made! I feel this is the perfect dessert to bring to my birthday work party. Thank you so much Jessica, I love your blog SO much!!

Cassie — March 30, 2012 @ 9:00 am

Love it. Will have soap ready if I venture to make these!

Ashley — March 30, 2012 @ 9:04 am

I am drooling.

Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray — March 30, 2012 @ 9:09 am

This verges on obscene.

I might eat them even with the dish soap.

bridget {bake at 350} — March 30, 2012 @ 9:11 am

These look so good, I could almost cry. Wait…I think I AM tearing up a little.

Lori @ RecipeGirl — March 30, 2012 @ 9:13 am

What the heck?! I’d totally dump soap on these. No way I could stay away!!!

lc — March 30, 2012 @ 9:14 am

is this real life? Whhhhhhhyyyyy did I give up sweets?

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — March 30, 2012 @ 9:16 am

Oh wow! I am literally sitting at work drooling! These look so dang good and I want to be your next door neighbor.

Chris — March 30, 2012 @ 9:22 am

Ok Seriously? Oh. My. God. This is the best idea I have ever seen in my life. This weekend. Done.

Mansee — March 30, 2012 @ 9:29 am

I just spent the last month (or so) re-watching every episode of SATC and that cake/dish soap one is one of my favorites! Last night I watched the last two episodes while bawling my eyes out (when Carrie says bye to the girls I turn into a blubbering mess) while eating red velvet ice cream. I probably could have used a few of these as well – they look amazing!

Annie @ What's Annie Making? — March 30, 2012 @ 9:31 am

Can these count as breakfast? Holy wow!!!! You must have a line of people waiting to be your friend so you will share your genius creations with them.

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — March 30, 2012 @ 9:32 am

I will need a Sam’s Club size container of soap before making these. Oh my WORD!

• Jessica — March 30th, 2012 @ 10:55 am

Ha!

1 2 3 5

1. Pingback: Sally’s Pins – Sally Spins

2. Pingback: Wrestlemania | Chasing Casey

3. Pingback: Temptation Tuesdays « Doctorate Housewife

4. Pingback: Browned Butter Maple Granola with Almonds and Pumpkin Seeds « OhShineOn

5. Pingback: Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups | GIF Peanut Butter

6. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter | How Sweet It Is

7. Pingback: Timepass | Pearltrees

8. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cups - - Network Panda – cPanel Web hosting, PHP, MySQL, unlimited disk space and bandwidth

9. Pingback: Chocolate Things | Pearltrees

10. Pingback: A Wonderfully Ordinary Wednesday Evening

11. Pingback: Desserts | Pearltrees

12. Pingback: Cooking | Pearltrees

13. Pingback: Day 100 – Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups « 366 Days of Pinterest

14. Pingback: Cookie Dough Rice Krispie Treats

15. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups « Fleur-De-Licious

16. Pingback: Oh, How Pinteresting Wednesday {desserts}!

17. Pingback: How Sweet It Is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups | Killer Bunnies, Inc

18. Pingback: Favourite Friday Finds @ Studio White – Dressing Room

19. Pingback: Foodbox (Food & Recipes) - Music Banter

20. Pingback: Cookie Dough and Nutella Peanut Butter cups. Awh yeah. « My Life As A Teenage Chef

21. Pingback: Cookie Dough Rice Krispies Treats | 52 Kitchen Adventures

22. Pingback: 10 Things I Loved This Week

23. Pingback: By Request: Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cups « The Rainy Day Baker

24. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cups «

25. Pingback: CANDY. | klerebearsweets

26. Pingback: The Weekend Dish: 3/31/2012 | Brown Eyed Baker

27. Pingback: National Peanut Butter Lover’s Month – Best Friends For Frosting

28. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups | sparecake

29. Pingback: m&m cookie dough peanut butter cups | omfg. so good.

30. Pingback: 10 Ways to Survive Running Outside When It's Hot | Sweet Miles

31. Pingback: How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter Cups and homemade pizza. | Sarah Ingle Blog

32. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups | What2Cook

33. Pingback: Cleaning Out My Bookmarks! | Eric The Quilter

34. Pingback: 100 Ways to Eat Cookie Dough - JavaCupcake

35. Pingback: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cups | STL Cooks

36. Pingback: Chocolate chip cookie dough peanut butter cups | merrifood

37. Pingback: Homemade Mallo Cups Recipe | How Sweet It Is

38. Pingback: Easy Homemade Mallo Cups. | pinmeplease

39. Pingback: Cookie Dough Bites | Dessert For Two

40. Pingback: Valentine's Treats - Easy Makes and Bakes*% Kerry Cooks – Kerry Cooks