Let’s chat about the biggest reason we should celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.

No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey's Truffle Cake I howsweeteats.com

Booze

in

everything.

K k… and maybe that whole Irish heritage thing, but um… Irish heritage? I repeat: booze in everything.

I’ve got the genes to prove it.

No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey's Truffle Cake I howsweeteats.com

Stout in cupcakes, whiskey in milkshakes, irish cream in cookies and… a big fat round truffle laced with liqueur. I made it just for you!

No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey's Truffle Cake I howsweeteats.com

Actually.

That’s a semi-complete lie. I pretty much whipped it up for myself. THEN decided to share.

Made evident by the missing slice before I even started photographing. I could not wait another SECOND. Ants in my pants.

No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey's Truffle Cake I howsweeteats.com

I dunno. I mean, I don’t even have any idea what to SAY.

It is like… the richest dessert ever. Obviously caps lock worthy. It’s totally insane. I’m not lying when I tell you that essentially? You are eating straight up ganache. Embrace it. Love it. Enjoy it. Eat more.

No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey's Truffle Cake I howsweeteats.com

Especially since it’s topped with some fresh Bailey’s whipped cream to, you know… cut the richness.

No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey's Truffle Cake I howsweeteats.com

It’s so good you will want to eat it off the floor. True story. Grab a fork.

Other than that? I’m speechless.

No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey's Truffle Cake I howsweeteats.com

No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey’s Truffle Cake

[only very slightly adapted from Heidi Swanson]

makes one 9-inch cake

15 ounces good quality milk chocolate

12 ounces heavy cream

4 ounces Bailey’s Irish Cream

butter, for pan

extra milk chocolate for topping

Lightly butter a 9-inch springform pan. I also placed a round of parchment paper on top of the butter. Chop chocolate and heat in a double boiler until just melted. Heat cream and Bailey’s over low-medium heat until very warm to the touch, but not bubbling. Add melted chocolate to the cream mixture, and whisk continuously until it is completely smooth and combined – about 5 full minutes. Pour chocolate into pan and place in the refrigerator to chill for 6 hours, or overnight.

Once ready to serve, remove the outside of the pan, grate additional chocolate over top or sprinkle with cocoa powder, then serve with Bailey’s whipped cream. I found it easiest to slice with a warmed knife or a knife sprayed with nonstick spray.

Bailey’s Whipped Cream

1 cup heavy whipping cream

1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream

1-2 tablespoons powdered sugar

1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

In the bowl of your electric mixer, add cream, vanilla and Baileys. Mix (using the whisk attachment or beaters) on high speed until peaks form, then add sugar and mix a little more.

No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey's Truffle Cake I howsweeteats.com

As you can see… that was just awful.

143 Responses to “No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey’s Truffle Cake.”

Sarah — March 6, 2012 @ 2:09 pm

I made this last night– didn’t turn out like a cake, more like pudding. But NO ONE complained! Served in wine glasses. Absolutely divine.

Lauren — March 9, 2012 @ 3:45 pm

I made this yesterday and it still hasn’t set, even when transferred to the freezer. I don’t know what I did wrong… but it IS still delicious! (the consistency is only slightly stiffer than when I poured it into the cake pan)

Jenn (Cookies Cupcakes Cardio) — March 12, 2012 @ 1:51 pm

Oh. Dear. Delicious.

Sofia B — March 12, 2012 @ 7:36 pm

Hi! This looks amazing!
    I’m making this for my father-in-law’s birthday. I was thinking of using individual creme brulee remekins for a prettier presentation.
    Also, I want to add a crust, but can’t decide between chocolate or pecan crust. Any suggestions…. please!!!

Thanks

• metusmetu — March 18th, 2013 @ 12:18 am

What would you say to a “Graham Cracker” crust……….?

Kayti — March 16, 2012 @ 10:14 pm

So, I just made this and it’s leaking through my spring form pan. Am I doing something wrong?

• michelle rodriguez — March 16th, 2012 @ 10:56 pm

Mine did the same thing. Some spring form pans leak. I just switched it to a regular cake pan and am hoping for the best.(I just finished making mine too)

• Kayti — March 19th, 2012 @ 9:29 am

Mine did not turn out at all. It never set and was essentially just pudding. :(

• michelle rodriguez — March 22nd, 2012 @ 3:43 pm

Mine never set either :(

• metusmetu — March 18th, 2013 @ 12:25 am

Ladies, I have an old, hand me down , made from scratch, chocolate cream pie recipe, most delicious you ever ate. Everytime I made it, the chocolate crème would not “set” for some reason,…….until I decided to do this, I added “corn starch” until it set right,……………..you might want to give that a try………….

michelle rodriguez — March 16, 2012 @ 11:01 pm

I’m hoping this turns out it seems so thin.

gaylo — June 13, 2012 @ 1:14 am

my thought as to why they turn out sloppy could be the type of cream that is being used, there is 2 types 1 a normal full cream whipping version and the other a special cream just for baking which doesn’t whip and go thick, try the opposite one to what you used….gl

kristen wright — December 20, 2012 @ 9:51 am

it looks like pudding not a cake so i think everyone saying they did something wrong is in fact not wrong lol you know i mean looks at the pics to me that dont look like a cake but dose look way yummy i might have to try this

mary jane suruda — January 13, 2013 @ 8:27 pm

Please advise if something was left out of this recipe. So many people who tried to make it, failed at getting it to go (somewhat) solid. I don’t want to waste the ingredients on a recipe that doesn’t work. Is there, in fact, some specific kind of heavy cream? Would LOVE to make this. Please respond with solution. Thank you.

mary jane suruda — January 13, 2013 @ 8:28 pm

Please address the problem many of these cooks had with getting the recipe to solidify. Hate to waste all these ingredients, if the cake stays in a liquid state. Please respond with suggestion or solution. Thank you.

• lbwhitman — February 11th, 2013 @ 11:25 pm

too much liquid is being used. not enough cocoa butter to solidify. try reducing the cream to 8 ounces and the bailey’s to 2 1/2 ounces. this should help.

• metusmetu — March 18th, 2013 @ 12:30 am

Add some corn starch……..’till you get it right

ElizabethGS — March 17, 2013 @ 1:47 pm

I’ve just read the comments of those whose efforts didn’t turn out so well and have some thoughts: 1) could any of you possibly have used ALL 15 ozs of chocolate instead of the 12oz to be mixed with the cream? 3ozs were to be reserved for the topping. 2) Check the original recipe provided in the link above to get a better idea of how the original cake was made (it might help). 3) Not sure how accurate this is, but where do some of you live and could this be a factor? I’ve heard that higher elevations or even too much humidity affect baking temps and possibly how the cream whips (It’s very humid where I live and I have issues with keeping cream thick enough)? 4) Did you blend for the entire 5 mins? I think this step was to be done by hand and not machine. Failing all of this, I’d also reduce the liquid down a bit and/or use a really good quality chocolate because that might be a factor as well. Hope some of this helps. :) This decadent dessert is on my list of must-makes even if I too serve it in a glass and/or use a dark chocolate crumb ‘crust’. It’s WAY too yummy not to try–and look, today’s March 17, St. Patrick’s Day, 2013! Bailey’s, here I come!

metusmetu — March 18, 2013 @ 12:42 am

If you’ll take note, this recipe is, as it says, “slightly adapted” from Heidi Swanson’s recipe for “no bake chocolate cake” recipe, click on the link.
    She states using a small “loaf pan” works fantastic on this recipe, and you might want to take note of her instructions, and ingredients……..

Dee — April 8, 2013 @ 3:12 pm

I had been dying to make this since I pinned it on Pinterest last summer. This is, by far, one of the best chocolate recipes, ever. I also had a problem with the consistency however, but it is just so good that the next time I make it I will add about 1/2 packet of Knox Gelatin to the heavy cream/Bailey’s mixture while it is heating. If that doesn’t work, I’ll try 3/4 of the packet the next time after that. I used Ghirardelli milk chocolate and won’t attempt to try any other brand. I did freeze the one I made for two days with some luck, but it still did not have the consistency of the one shown above. Kudos though for a great recipe!

Melita Costello — May 4, 2013 @ 3:54 am

Just made this and its in the fridge chilling…spilt some on the bench while pouring into tin and have had it lick it off the bench..OMG it’s good!!

Carmela — December 19, 2013 @ 11:19 am

Ok…here is the problem: this is essentially a ganache. It is not a “cake”. To have it set, it needs to be in the freezer for quite a long while. I would also suggest using these proportions i cup of cream to one cup of chocolate. 1:1. More liquid and it will never set. You can alos use this as an icing or mousse. after it has chilled thoroughly, usea mixer to whip it into mousse. you can use it as a filling for a pie or as frosting for a cake.

I use this as a staple for icing since it does not have much sugar except what is in the chocolate. You can also use chocolate chips. that makes for so many different flavors, peanut butter, butter scotch, white chocolate, etc.

lucy — January 19, 2014 @ 1:45 pm

yes as to some other comments
    I also had the thought of a biscuit or pastry crust ?
    give it more substance

Fiona Mccaul — January 25, 2014 @ 7:17 pm

Hi all after reading that a lot of you had trouble making this and I really wanted to make it for a dinner party I decided to adjust the measurements and it turned out great I used 450g chocolate 300ml double cream we call it here in ireland and about 250ml of baileys I melted the chocolate as required put baileys and cream in a pot and heated them then gradually added cream abd baileys to melted chocolate no whipping necessary just foled one into the other then I put in dessert bowls but could use cake tin also and it set no problem and was delicious

CJ — September 3, 2014 @ 10:14 pm

This was total pudding. Flavor was OK, but made it for my wife’s birthday and you really can’t put candles in slop…

Frankly the recipe was non precise, so I should have known that this was not going to really work…

1. Pingback: The Weekend Dish: 3/3/2012 | Brown Eyed Baker

2. Pingback: Brown Sugar Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Brown Sugar Frosting | How Sweet It Is

3. Pingback: Friday Fun! #1 | Cupcakes & Kale Chips

4. Pingback: Reading List — Savvy Eats

5. Pingback: Links Lundi | Ruby Bastille

6. Pingback: Pesto Parmesan Scones | How Sweet It Is

7. Pingback: 牛奶巧克力百利甜酒松露蛋糕 - 有气质

8. Pingback: Gin & Jacqie Blog » DIY Wednesday: Best of lazy day DIYs

9. Pingback: No Bake Milk Chocolate Bailey’s Truffle Cake | Food Art

10. Pingback: 7 Best Chocolate Cake Recipes Ever | For Women

11. Pingback: Recipes Just Begging For Cream Cheese Frosting (PHOTOS) – Huffington Post | Recipes

12. Pingback: Recipes Just Begging For Cream Cheese Frosting (PHOTOS) – Huffington Post | Chef

13. Pingback: Recipes Just Begging For Cream Cheese Frosting (PHOTOS) – Huffington Post | Recipe