Seriously,

Smoky White Bean Chicken Chili I howsweeteats.com

literally,

Smoky White Bean Chicken Chili I howsweeteats.com

one of the best soups I HAVE EATEN IN MY LIFE.

Smoky White Bean Chicken Chili I howsweeteats.com

Plus, it all starts with bacon!

Smoky White Bean Chicken Chili I howsweeteats.com

See how big that pot is? We had full intentions on freezing some for later, but loved this soup to pieces and ended up eating it day and night, finishing the whole pot in five days.

SO.MUCH.FLAVOR.

Smoky White Bean Chicken Chili I howsweeteats.com

Recipe on the Tasty Kitchen blog!

61 Responses to “Smoky White Bean Chicken Chili.”

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — March 10, 2012 @ 9:31 am

Looks fabulous darling! This would be perfect for a crockpot meal today! Love Chicken Chili!!

• Ally — February 19th, 2014 @ 6:50 pm

Did you make any adjustments to this recipe when you made it in the crockpot??

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — March 10, 2012 @ 9:33 am

And here I was thinking I already found the best white chili. Darn you and your fabulous recipes! This looks incredible, especially the bacon ;-)

Sommer@ASpicyPerspective — March 10, 2012 @ 9:38 am

It does look pretty amazing–heading to check it out!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries — March 10, 2012 @ 9:38 am

ah yes, everything is better with bacon! ;) looks great!

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — March 10, 2012 @ 9:44 am

*sigh* I still think this looks awesome, a perfect weekend meal for sure!

Meg @ Peaches and Cake — March 10, 2012 @ 10:36 am

I always look forward to your Saturday morning Tasty Kitchen posts!! Looks divine and healthy too. thanks!

Blog is the New Black — March 10, 2012 @ 10:57 am

Yes, love this.

Vicki @ WITK — March 10, 2012 @ 10:59 am

This looks so good! I love any soup that starts with bacon :)

Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) — March 10, 2012 @ 11:34 am

This looks so good! I normally use pintos in my chili since they’re so creamy, but I’m thinking I need to try out some white beans now!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — March 10, 2012 @ 11:42 am

It was 85F here yesterday so chili is not on the brain but seriously, this makes it want to be on my brain b/c it looks delicious!

Carie — March 10, 2012 @ 12:41 pm

the spiced chicken with onions and bacon would be great in tacos. or even in salad.

Jessica — March 10, 2012 @ 12:46 pm

you had me at bacon.

Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt — March 10, 2012 @ 12:48 pm

Bacon……oh Bacon. looks so wonderful

Stephanie — March 10, 2012 @ 1:22 pm

I made this today – and my husband said it was some of the best chili he had ever had! Thanks!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape — March 10, 2012 @ 1:45 pm

This looks DELICIOUS. Well done :D

Lea — March 10, 2012 @ 2:09 pm

Thanks for sharing. It sounds delicious, and I happen to be making home made spicy pinto beans at the moment, so maybe some slightly modified soup will happen next!

Em (Wine and Butter) — March 10, 2012 @ 2:13 pm

Its like all good soups in one!!! We’re meant to go out for dinner tonight – and now I just want to stay in and make this.

Have a great weekend Jess!! (ps FYI I know smoked paprika is suppousedly your boyfriend but we spend a lot of time together and recently he’s kind of let me know I can say we’re seeing each other too…and I sort of love him… just a little heads up….) xox

Emily@ LivingLongfellow — March 10, 2012 @ 4:17 pm

why is it that all delicious soups begin with bacon???? I was actually drawn into this post because that chunk of cheese looked unusual-like one I’ve never seen before.

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — March 10, 2012 @ 4:42 pm

That looks fantastic!!!

Terri @ that's some good cookin' — March 10, 2012 @ 5:26 pm

hahahahaha…five days? What took you so long? Glad you liked it so much! Can you believe how much flavor is packed in so few ingredients. The smoky trinity of flavor: bacon, chipotle chile, smoked paprika. Dab a little behind your ears and your man will do pretty much anything you ask. ;)

Villy @ For the love of Feeding — March 10, 2012 @ 5:37 pm

Mmmm fantastic! Love white beans!

Chels R. — March 10, 2012 @ 6:00 pm

That looks so good!!

Anna — March 10, 2012 @ 6:28 pm

Made it for dinner tonight. Delish!!!

Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) — March 10, 2012 @ 9:02 pm

I love chicken chili! I can see how you ate the whole pot! :)

Your Dad — March 10, 2012 @ 10:14 pm

Hey Angel Cake: did you soak the beans?

Julia {The Roasted Root} — March 10, 2012 @ 11:55 pm

Great fulfilling soup! Includes some of my favorite ingredients. I could eat this all day long! :)

Natalie @ Cooking for My Kids — March 11, 2012 @ 11:23 am

This looks amazingly awesome…as always. :) Have a great week!

Amy's Cooking Adventures — March 11, 2012 @ 8:06 pm

This looks wonderful, but then, anything with bacon usually is!

Jenbug — March 11, 2012 @ 11:53 pm

As amazing as that sounds, and it DOES sound fantastic, your blog is called “How Sweet It Is”. I’m just saying. I keep scrolling down looking for the dessert part of this, but all I keep finding are comments. In order to fill the hole in my sweet tooth I just had some crappy Snickers ice cream with very good chocolate sauce on top. I felt so bad for the chocolate sauce. Come on! At least give me a link to one of your desserts at the end of the dinner posts! Arrrgggghhh!

Sincerely,
    Suffering With Snickers

• Jessica — March 12th, 2012 @ 12:07 am

Haha sorry to burst your bubble but my blog is called ‘how sweet it is’ because of the song – not because of dessert. ;) more on that in my about section!

• Jenbug — March 12th, 2012 @ 1:02 am

In that case, I guess I’d invest in some better ice cream. =)

Margarita — March 12, 2012 @ 3:47 am

Looks pretty darn good! I wouldn’t mind eating this for an entire week!

Kristin — March 12, 2012 @ 6:44 am

I looked at this recipe just minutes before I entered the grocery store…literally…and just had to try it. It was delicious!

Jackie Thompson — March 12, 2012 @ 9:45 am

This looks so deliciously good! I wish this was sitting on my stove top:).

Barb Brown — March 12, 2012 @ 11:31 am

Made this for dinner last night. It was De-LISH – thanks for sharing! I brought leftovers for lunch today. Yum! P.S. My hubby garnished with sour cream and he said it was amazing too.

Lauren — March 12, 2012 @ 1:14 pm

Just checkin….did you drain and rinse the beans?

• Jessica — March 12th, 2012 @ 1:41 pm

Yep, it’s in the recipe!

Karriann — March 12, 2012 @ 1:34 pm

Good thing I have some leftover chicken! I’ll try to make this for dinner tonight. Yum! :)

“Spice it Up”

Anna — March 12, 2012 @ 2:22 pm

oooooohhh I´m making this TONIGHT! Perfect for Monday. One morething to add from you on Pinterest :)

Diane — March 12, 2012 @ 10:19 pm

Where do you find the recipe for this?

Barbara @ Barbara Bakes — March 12, 2012 @ 10:46 pm

Sounds like I’d better whip up this soup soon!

Meighan at Cooking With Abandon — March 13, 2012 @ 9:27 pm

made this Sunday! delish!

Linda — March 14, 2012 @ 7:31 am

After seeing this recipe last week, I made this chili on Sunday. It is THE BEST chicken chili I’ve ever made. I’m throwing all my other chicken chili recipes out…this will be my go to recipe from now on. I used a good applewood smoked bacon. Instead of using the rotisserie chicken, I put 2 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts and 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs in the pot to cook for 30 minutes. Then removed them and shredded the meat to put back in the chili. Fantastic and freezes great. Thank you so much for this recipe!!

Amber @ The Cook's Sister — March 14, 2012 @ 6:27 pm

Your chicken chili looks fantastic! Do the flavours get better over time? That is, it is even better the second day?

Shawna — March 15, 2012 @ 7:54 am

Now, that is like no white bean chicken chili I’ve EVER had. You should have seen the faces (and noises) my husband was making yesterday at dinner….not appropriate at all :) But…don’t you just love when that happens? Anyway, back to the chili…it’s not only the best soup I’ve had, but the best chili…and the best dish with white beans. Period. I can’t get over it.

Kevin (Closet Cooking) — March 25, 2012 @ 5:35 am

Now that is a tasty looking chili!

victoria — April 18, 2012 @ 9:17 am

i have been waaaaiting for a chilly day so i could make this. yesterday it was finally overcast and on the cooler side. thank god! this chili is thebeesknees. ps now that i’ve tried it, i know that i would make it on the hottest day of the year and still love it. pfft. who needs cold weather for soup.

Stacy'smom3 — April 2, 2013 @ 10:14 am

This is a great recipe!! I added the cheddar cornbread muffins that were also yummy. Oh yeah and honey crisp apple sangria. SOOOO nice.

1. Pingback: {Monday Mentions} I need a vacation

2. Pingback: Smokey white bean chicken chili - - Network Panda – cPanel Web hosting, PHP, MySQL, unlimited disk space and bandwidth

3. Pingback: 35 Chili Recipes For Fall | Aggie's Kitchen

4. Pingback: Last-Minute Entertaining for Six and Chili Recipes | reluctantentertainer.com Reluctant Entertainer I Sandy Coughlin - Lifestyle, Entertaining, Food, Recipes, Hospitality and Gardening

5. Pingback: Football Food! [135 Recipes For Football Season.] | How Sweet It Is

6. Pingback: October Favorites: Food + Fun. | How Sweet It Is

7. Pingback: October Favorites: Food + Fun. | pinmeplease

8. Pingback: 9 Soups of Winter | Five Thirty Two

9. Pingback: I’m Hung Up On | bean + nash

10. Pingback: Jalapeño Honey Hummus with Spiced Olive Oil Tortilla Chips. | How Sweet It Is

11. Pingback: Jalapeño Honey Hummus with Spiced Olive Oil Tortilla Chips. – Homegrown Recipes

12. Pingback: Jalapeño Honey Hummus with Spiced Olive Oil Tortilla Chips. | Pinfully