What’s better than buttery, melt-in-your-mouth salmon?

Buttery, melt-in-your-mouth salmon topped with crispy bacon. !!!

I know. This is getting seriously ridiculous. All the bacon, all the time. But but but it just adds the perfect accent to, well… EVERYTHING.

However today, we’re talking about just a weeeeeee little slice on top of so-healthy-and-good-for-you fish. So it’s okay. It’s like, almost invisible.

And I don’t even love mayo, but this chipotle mayo takes these little bite sized sandwiches over the top. Promise. Swear on my boring little life. Swear on my teddy bear. Swear on my Lisa Frank trapper keeper. LYLAS. Swear.

so.much.flava.

They totally weren’t my idea though.

Earlier in the week my dad was raaaaaving about a salmon BLT sandwich he had, talking about how thick the salmon was and blah blah blah and for a non-food obsessed man, his description left my mouth watering. It’s no secret that we adore salmon in this house. It’s on the dinner rotation just about as often as chicken, you’re probably totally sick of seeing a new salmon recipe practically each week and if it was up to me, we’d eat it every single night for the rest of my life.

Well, it technically is up to me but I’d rather save four night’s worth of that money and blow it on ridiculously overpriced shoes. Or truffle salt. Whatever. Depends on my mood. And much to my husband’s dismay, both of those things are definitely an INVESTMENT. Read it and weep buddy.

I sort of think these salmon stacks are an investment too. Like, an investment in a happy mouth? Yeah. I know. That was horrific. Cue faux gagging now.

I knew the flavor combo would work though… since once upon a time I made some weirdo-but-incredible BLT salmon tacos. Wait. Do we just call everything smashed inside tortillas “tacos” these days? I do. I’m sure that thrills the important food people of the world.

The sliders come together quickly – in less than 20 minutes or so – and are such a fun twist on eating boring old salmon. And since we all know that mini things simply mean you can eat more, they are perfectly filling with a side of sweet potato fries. These make you feel like you’re devouring fun weekend food on cruddy school nights. These make you feel like you’re consuming something indulgent but mostly healthy. These make you feel like you should add bacon to your dinner every night. Which, um… obviously… you should*.

Salmon BLT Sliders with Chipotle Mayo

makes about 6-8 sliders

1 pound raw skinless salmon

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon pepper

2 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into thirds

2 tomatoes, sliced

lettuce for topping

1/2 cup mayonaisse

1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles in adobo)

6 multigrain slider buns or dinner rolls, toasted if desired

Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat and add bacon. Cook until crispy and fat is rendered, then remove and let drain on a paper towel.

Preheat the broiler in your oven and place the top oven rack as close as it can go to the broiler. Cut the salmon in to squares pieces that fit the size of your buns, then cover both sides with salt and pepper. Place on a broiler pan (or nonstick baking sheet) and broil for 5 minutes. Gently flip and broil for about 5 minutes more. Note: This depends on the size of your salmon (and power of your broiler) – mine was about 1 inch thick, and this cooked it perfectly. I highly suggest taking the time to figure out how your broiler can perfectly crisp salmon because it makes a world of difference!

In a small bowl, mix mayo with adobo until smooth. Spread some on each bun, top with a square of salmon, a slice of bacon, a tomato sauce and lettuce. Eat!

*almost done. Promise.

110 Responses to “Crispy Salmon BLT Sliders with Chipotle Mayo.”

Emily — May 16, 2012 @ 5:39 pm

I’m sold! Making this for dinner tomorrow night!

Lenore — May 16, 2012 @ 6:52 pm

I love salmon so much, I could seriously eat it probably every day. I don’t cook it nearly enough, though. The next time I get some at the store, these sliders are getting made, for sure! I love the rolls you used, too…they look amazing.

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love — May 16, 2012 @ 7:46 pm

Hubs and I love salmon too. These sliders would be so perfect for the next salmon recipe! And oh, that chipotle mayo looks yum-tastic!

Simply life — May 16, 2012 @ 9:34 pm

when are you opening a restaurant?! I’d like an order of these, please!

Kristen — May 16, 2012 @ 11:29 pm

I’m all about the bacon. Keep it coming!

Meg — May 16, 2012 @ 11:43 pm

this makes me really sad that I have developed an allergy to salmon. this looks wonderful!

• Lori — June 2nd, 2012 @ 10:57 pm

Rough developing allergy to a favorite food. Have you considered steelhead trout? It has basically similar benefits and taste/texture to salmon. My son had me experimenting with all kinds of fish and if I can’t find a good price on wild salmon I go for the steelhead.

Villy @ For the love of Feeding — May 17, 2012 @ 4:38 am

That slice of bacon made my heart skip a bit.. They look phenomenal!

Jennifer — May 17, 2012 @ 7:19 am

Looks fantastic! I’ve never thought of salmon sliders before.

Erin — May 17, 2012 @ 8:03 am

Uncanny! I am in Florence, Italy right now, and I literally just bought truffle salt not an hour before reading this. Please tell me where I can get this in Pittsburgh! Penzeys?

Lisa — May 17, 2012 @ 8:09 am

So hungry right now! Those rolls look amazing…. are they homemade?

• Jessica — May 17th, 2012 @ 9:15 am

Not by me, but they are actually from a local organic bakery so they are as close to homemade as I can get!

Diane | An Extraordinary Day — May 17, 2012 @ 10:41 am

Yummmers!!!
    Contrary to popular thought, the bacon isn’t bad, it’s the bun. I’ll be enjoying it sans bun. Can’t wait!!!

Gary — May 17, 2012 @ 6:00 pm

It’s stuff like this that has rocketed yours to one of my favorite (of way too many – need an intervention) food blogs.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — May 17, 2012 @ 9:27 pm

DELISH!!!!!

From Valerie's Kitchen — May 18, 2012 @ 12:33 am

Wow, had to Pin this one! Need to make…..need!!!

Kate @eatrecyclerepeat — May 19, 2012 @ 4:56 am

Bacon and salmon sounds like a great combo! And Lisa Frank is the best

Debbie — May 19, 2012 @ 7:33 pm

Made them. Love them! They were super easy to make and sooooo flavorful! Yummy!

Niki from alaska — May 20, 2012 @ 1:25 pm

Remember to buy only fresh pacific salmon, NOT Atlantic farmed salmon as it has none of the health benefits of wild salmon and is full of food dye an antibiotics:) I know it’s more expensive but it’s worth it. Can’t wait to make this dinner with salmon Ive caught this summer!

Samantha Kirk — May 21, 2012 @ 6:17 am

Wow.. Bacon and salmon!! i have heard about combining two meats in a dish… but this is the first time i am seeing this combo.. will look up for more recipes online!!

idiosyncratic eye — May 24, 2012 @ 6:40 am

These look yummy but no bacon for me please! :)

Thee-Own-Ee — May 24, 2012 @ 5:13 pm

Oh man, I want to eat this sandwich for lunch for the rest of my life. I made brioche buns to go with it and it was an excellent choice. I love life right now!

Monique — June 13, 2012 @ 11:40 pm

NOM NOM NOM. GET IN MY TUMMY NOW. These look so wonderful! A sense a (thrown for no good reason) party just so I can serve these.

Nina Payne — September 7, 2012 @ 1:35 am

Awesome recipe! Check out my version here: http://ninascookingjourney.com/?p=1132

kbell — May 11, 2013 @ 8:35 pm

Delicious!! Followed the directions and it turned out perfectly. For a bit more spice, add one of the chipotle peppers to the sandwich.

1. Pingback: Cape Breton University » Blog Archive » Spring Recipe Round-Up

2. Pingback: Salmon BLT Sliders with Chipotle Mayo | Food Recipe Directory

3. Pingback: 101 Memorial Day Recipes - I Wash You Dry

4. Pingback: What’s Cooking « SweetPromises

5. Pingback: Crispy Salmon BLT « HYPEBEASTEATS | eat good, stay fresh!

6. Pingback: The Liebster Blog Award — Brittney Breathing

7. Pingback: Salmon BLT Sliders & A Blog Award — Brittney Breathing

8. Pingback: Salmon BLT Sliders with Chipotle Mayo

9. Pingback: Do You Meal-Plan? | gfinthegreenmountains

10. Pingback: Vale Design : Freelance Package Design & Branding: mmm … | The Freelance Place

11. Pingback: BLT with Avocado Spread

12. Pingback: Weekend Highlights + Weekly Menu — Brittney Breathing

13. Pingback: Eat Your Grains! Quinoa Recipes

14. Pingback: Weeknight Dinner Ideas: 5 Dishes You Won’t Want to Miss! | The Nest Blog – Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice

15. Pingback: Easy Grilled Maple Dijon Salmon with Bacon | How Sweet It Is

16. Pingback: 5 Delicious Dishes from the Nest - Live and Inspire, by Lauretta Marie Pierce

17. Pingback: Tasty Tuesday: Quinoa Burgers! | Ralph & Lou

18. Pingback: Crispy Quinoa Sliders

19. Pingback: Chobani Yogurt -Our Blog -Grilled Salmon BLT Slider With Chobani Sriracha Sauce

20. Pingback: Labor Day Recipes: Eat Like You Don't Have To Go To Work - Informant Daily

21. Pingback: Football Food! [135 Recipes For Football Season.] | How Sweet It Is

22. Pingback: Bacon Avocado Salmon Sliders | Caffeinated Existence

23. Pingback: 20 Weeks of (different!) Healthier Dinner Ideas | How Sweet It Is

24. Pingback: The Lady Thing The Best Seafood Recipes Around - The Lady Thing

25. Pingback: Crispy Salmon BLT Sliders | Butterfly Kisses

26. Pingback: Crispy Salmon BLT Sliders with Chipotle Mayo. - Live and Inspire, by Lauretta Marie Pierce

27. Pingback: Pinterest Food Friday – Salmon BLTs | JennMann…

28. Pingback: 12 Exceptions To The Rule That You Shouldn’t Drink Red Wine With Fish | Gymrat Fitness

29. Pingback: Salmon BLT Sliders with an Avocado Aioli & Brie | the little kitchen