Know what gets me excited?

Coming up with things for dinner. Such a simple, stupid thing.

And yes, just *things* in general. After cooking and recipe developing every single day, the last thing I want to think about is… dinner. I mean, why can’t we eat the brownies + granola + salt and vinegar potatoes + salsa that I made all day for dinner? And I mean all of it together. Say… brownies with a side of potatoes, granola and salsa. That’s not dinner worthy? We can’t call it a potluck or a hodge podge and pass it off as dinner? Like… every single day? Or at least Monday through Friday? Because we all know weekends are just about pizza or booze and stuff like that. And this is what my normal everyday life looks like: brownies, potatoes, salsa and granola.

So dinner stresses me out sometimes. Often, I feel like my mind is one big BLANK. It’s foggy and filled with nothing except curiosity of the evening’s Bachelorette episode. And when you live with someone who requires steak with a side of chicken or chicken with a side of steak, cereal does not a dinner make. My first step is to whine about it on facebook and twitter. I always do that because you guys have such great solutions.

Then I put on my thinking cap and do some math. Such as:

Salmon = Fish. Healthy!

Fish tacos = fabulousness. I want some.

Salmon tacos = weirdness. Will this work?

BLT salmon tacos = new dinner love. Bacon completes me.

It’s official. I’m going back to school to study actuarial science. Me and numbers and now likethis.

I say these salmon tacos are lovely.

Not lovely lovely, but a party in my mouth if you will.

I didn’t really think the salmon tacos would actually happen. I mean, Mexican food is my cuisine of choice and even though I ruin many delicious combinations by turning them quasi-Mexican, salmon was never topping that list. But desperation set in and I was craving something new. And I am reallllly weird… I don’t like to eat the same things. Ever. So high maintenance! Sometimes if I really love something, I eat it like five or six days in a row and then never want it again. I haven’t done that with these tacos yet, but we’re well on our way.

On an unrelated note, someone get me an ironing board. Then teach me how to iron. This wrinkly place mat is making my head hurt.

BLT Salmon Tacos

serves 2

4-6 4-inch tortillas

2 3-4 ounce salmon filets

2 slices bacon, fried and crumbled

1 tomato, chopped (I used an heirloom tomato… love)

1 avocado, chopped

shredded lettuce for garnish

salt & pepper

Heat the broiler on your oven and position the oven rack as need be. Sprinkle your salmon with salt and pepper liberally, then broil for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until pink and flaky. [This is my favorite way to make salmon, but you can easily bake it as well.]

Once salmon is done, flake it with a fork. Set up an assembly line with tortillas, salmon, lettuce, tomato, bacon and dressings of your choice. I combined 1/4 cup of my favorite mustard (Bone Suckin’ mustard!) with 1 tablespoons of sour cream and 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika. It was fabulous drizzled on top!

Don’t forget! Today is the day for The Great Fundraising Act auction that I told you about last week. The auction begins at 8AM EST and you can bid on hundreds on items for a great cause. I am donating a batch of better-than-crack-brownies, macaroon almond butter, some Trader Joe’s treats and a $25 Anthropologie gift card. For all items up for bid, click here!

97 Responses to “BLT Salmon Tacos.”

alison @ Ingredients, INc. — July 25, 2011 @ 5:50 pm

I’m loving these! This is a great idea especially in the summertime. Even my kids would eat this.

Erin — July 25, 2011 @ 6:20 pm

Dude you should sell your brownies for a living. Well, I guess you kind of already do. :)

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — July 25, 2011 @ 6:55 pm

AMAZING omg looks so good!!!! I want a tacoooo

Katie@Cozydelicious — July 25, 2011 @ 9:08 pm

These tacos look awesome. I’ve done fish tacos, but adding bacon? Only you could come up with that! Haha, bacon in everything – I love it!

Katrina — July 26, 2011 @ 12:49 am

This is a really neat idea! I would have never thought to add salmon to a taco. Neat!

Riss — July 26, 2011 @ 6:20 am

Please tell me how you can make a mess of ingredients look absolutely stunning!? Everything in your tacos looks so crisp and… well… tidy (never thought I’d use that word to describe food)–almost like each individual piece were independently arranged in the tortilla!

Don’t get me wrong… my mexican-inspired dishes TASTE amazing… but attractive??? Hmmm not so much. =)

sherrie — July 26, 2011 @ 7:21 am

i luv, luv, luv that you don’t have an ironing board. i HATE to iron and i do it about once a yr when the iron on patches come home from little league to be ironed onto the uniform. i can actually even screw that up. in fact i have the top layers of this yr’s patch on a dish cloth now. :) my mom will spend hrs ironing and then hang those clothes up in her closet. makes no sense to me. every morning i toss my clothes for the day in the dryer w/a wet wash cloth. works like a charm ;-)
    btw i made your pnut butter banana bread as muffins and funfetti cupcakes over the wkend. rave reviews so far. i heart your blog!

Amanda — July 26, 2011 @ 9:01 am

Every time I come here I say, GENIUS!! And I mean it. :)

Leesa Gentry — July 26, 2011 @ 9:05 am

So your husband is a member of the three meats meal club? As a member my husband has informed me that cheese is not a meal or a protein. My choices or beef, pork or chicken I would love a salad or a vegetable dinner occasionally but not when he is home.

Erika — July 26, 2011 @ 9:38 am

I made these last night. Just happened to have avocados, some heirloom tomatoes, and bacon at home. They were awesome! Thanks for telling me what’s for dinner!

• Jessica — July 26th, 2011 @ 9:42 am

So glad you liked them! :)

Skinny Fat Kid — July 26, 2011 @ 9:43 am

I just made my first fish tacos this weekend and am ready to get more adventurous! Salmon AND bacon on a taco? What’s better than that??!

Ann — July 26, 2011 @ 10:38 am

I absolutely love your inner monologues! You are brilliant! I’m allergic to fish and salmon, but if I wasn’t I’d eat 3 or 4 of these – they are brilliant!

Dalila G. — July 26, 2011 @ 10:38 am

These BLT Salmon Tacos look yummy and are so easy-peasy!
    I can see this as a regular lunch or dinner here at home.
    Wonderful idea, you never disappoint me!
    Have a wonderful day!

Sandra H. — July 26, 2011 @ 12:45 pm

This looks great! One question though, Are your corn tortillas homemade? Do you have a recipe for that? They look delicious!

• Jessica — July 26th, 2011 @ 12:49 pm

Nope, they are by La Tortilla Factory! Those are my favorite brand.

Michelle — July 26, 2011 @ 1:14 pm

You can’t go wrong with salmon. Ever.

Britney Vander Laan — July 26, 2011 @ 6:08 pm

This looks sooooo good! I wish I had it in front of me right now. So whens the dinner party? I’ll be there in no time! ha Well I can understand how you get blank for stuff for dinner, I do the same thing!

bridget {bake at 350} — July 26, 2011 @ 7:42 pm

Oh my goodness…I love fish tacos, but salmon? Bacon? Girl, when is your cookbook coming out b/c I WANT it!

Sarah — July 26, 2011 @ 8:34 pm

This idea just blew my mind. I love salmon. I love bacon. I have never eaten them together. WHY?!

Krista {Budget Gourmet Mom} — July 27, 2011 @ 12:17 am

Oh my goodness…YES! This is definitely a fish taco I can get behind!

alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — July 27, 2011 @ 9:43 am

All of these look fabulous! Great recipes!

Lisa B — July 27, 2011 @ 10:38 am

Made these w/ Mahi Mahi last night…big hit! :)

Courtney R — July 27, 2011 @ 11:18 am

The salmon BLT is my all time favorite sandwich at a restaurant in our neighborhood. Love the idea of making it into tacos!

Lisa | Life in Green — July 28, 2011 @ 5:22 pm

Gosh I love it! Your dinner ideas are great!

Kelly — July 29, 2011 @ 10:42 am

sounds delicious!! can’t wait to try them!

Lindsay — July 30, 2011 @ 12:22 am

I am totally going to start using your equations when working on my assignments. I am a junior actuarial science student. I love math, but I think I like your equations even more! :D

Lauren @ Healthy Food For Living — July 31, 2011 @ 6:34 pm

I made these the other night, and they were seriously awesome! My hubs usually doesn’t dig salmon, but he loved the tacos. I served them with a dressing made of Greek yogurt, mayo, buttermilk, mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder, paprika, and s & p, and we both thoroughly enjoyed them. Thanks for another amazing recipe!

Donna — May 18, 2012 @ 7:34 pm

These must be made in our kitchen…and very soon! Question…Do you heat/cook/warm the corn tortillas prior to filling them up? Thank you for such continually creative yet not-so-complicated-it-scares-me-off fare! You are the genius. No contest.

Erin @ Sassin' Southern Style — May 20, 2012 @ 2:23 pm

Shout out to actuaries, my previous life! These look delicious. I might request them for my birthday dinner! =)

My brother recommended I might this way site. He / she once were totally perfect. This organize really created this day. You simply can’t believe just how much time I did invested for this data! Thanks!

1. Pingback: Blog Bites Kickoff « Healthy Food For Living

2. Pingback: BLT Turkey Tacos with Cranberry Salsa | How Sweet It Is

3. Pingback: Crockpot Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Whole Wheat Orzo | How Sweet It Is

4. Pingback: Crispy Salmon BLT Sliders with Chipotle Mayo | How Sweet It Is

5. Pingback: Crispy Salmon BLT Sliders with Chipotle Mayo. | Lifestyle Pins

6. Pingback: BLT Salmon Tacos « conquering pinterest

7. Pingback: Toasted Sesame Ginger Salmon | How Sweet It Is

8. Pingback: Crispy Salmon BLT Sliders with Chipotle Mayo. - Live and Inspire, by Lauretta Marie Pierce