I couldn’t help myself.

This isn’t the fourth recipe that I planned on sharing with booze this week… it’s the fifth. The fourth I have yet to share because I ended up making these margaritas late one afternoon for a… meal. Dinner to be exact. I only got away with that because my husband has been gone for five days, and I’ve barely cooked a thing.

I have:

Consumed a TON of guacamole. With chips, without chips, with spoons, etc.

Continued to write on the foggy shower door mid-shower. Bad habit. I draw hearts. Write my name. Stuff like that. Really.

I haven’t:

Had anyone here to clean my mop of hair out of the shower drain, which has utterly… sucked.

Had anyone here to judge my consumption of peanut butter dipped spoons covered in mini chocolate chips. Not good my friends. Not good.

But on a positive note I watched more chick flicks than your gag reflex could handle. Trust me.

And on a night when I didn’t have margaritas for dinner, I made a cookie butter smoothie.

Antics like that could never go down if I wasn’t alone.

eat me with margaritas!

So what I did here was take my most favorite drink ever – my fresh strawberry margarita on the rocks – and simply add some cream of coconut and coconut water. Still on the rocks, just a sliiiiightly thicker (but smoother?) consistency, and still drenched with lime. Oh and a toasted coconut + salt + sugar rim.

I can’t even stand myself.

Fresh Strawberry Coconut Margaritas

[adapted from my fresh strawberry margaritas]

recipe for one margarita, can easily be multiplied

2 ounces Grand Marnier

1 1/2 ounces silver tequila

2 ounces lime juice

2 ounces coconut water

2 ounces cream de coconut

2 1/2 ounces strawberry simple syrup [recipe below]

lime + fresh strawberries for garnish

salt + sugar + toasted finely shredded coconut for the rim

Rim the ridge of your glass with a lime wedge and dip in a mix of margarita salt + sugar + toasted coconut [I used about 3 tablespoons salt to 2 teaspoons sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted coconut]. Fill the glass with ice. In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, grand marnier, simple syrup, coconut water, cream de coconut and lime juice with ice, and shake for about 60 seconds. Pour over ice and squeeze in lime slices and add a few strawberries. A slight bit of separation may occur from the cream de coconut, so shake well!

For strawberry simple syrup: combine equal parts sugar and water, bring to a boil and let sugar dissolve, then turn off heat and let cool completely. Combine 1 cup simply syrup + 1 1/2 cups slices strawberries in a blender and blend until combined. I don’t mind strawberry seeds, but if you’d like you can strain the mixture over a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds.

Serve these with some margarita chicken tacos covered in strawberry avocado salsa. PUHlease.

121 Responses to “Fresh Strawberry Coconut Margaritas.”

Eileen — May 4, 2012 @ 3:06 pm

My, my–those are some hefty margaritas! A whole pint of strawberries and tequila?…I want one!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — May 4, 2012 @ 4:05 pm

good Lord, please send me some of these. i need a marg BADLY these days!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — May 4, 2012 @ 5:03 pm

Oh wow. I just need to stop reading your blog. You’re going to turn me into an overweight alcoholic. ;)

Julia {The Roasted Root} — May 4, 2012 @ 5:29 pm

It looks so creamy and sweet! I’ve never seen a margarita like this and in my opinion, this is how every margarita should be. From now on. I’m the same way when my boyfriend’s out of town…I don’t put as much thought into meals, definitely drink more alcohol and I tend to not look very presentable. ;) Glad to see you’ve had some fun “me” time and thanks for the margarita recipe!

Quiche-ing Queen — May 4, 2012 @ 6:46 pm

Oh my! Flavor explosion. Looks so delicious.

Erin — May 4, 2012 @ 7:03 pm

I give up on cooking tomorrow, I’m just coming over to your place.

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — May 4, 2012 @ 11:42 pm

I heart this. So much. Oh so much.

Kristen — May 4, 2012 @ 11:52 pm

Ok first, these look so amazing…cannot wait to make this. Secondly, I can’t stop writing on the foggy shower door either…pretty sure my roommate thinks I’m crazy for writing my name over and over and over again (gotta get the flourish just right) surrounded by hearts and stars.

TeriLyn [a foodie stays fit] — May 5, 2012 @ 9:41 am

I woke up this morning thinking about margaritas. Yes, yes I did. And I just KNEW that there would be a recipe for an amazing one on your blog today! :) Thanks for making me right! ;)

BTW, your pictures are incredible girl!

Erin R. — May 5, 2012 @ 10:44 am

HA! High five! I save my “antics” for the weekends when my husband goes up to his Park City house for hiking and I have my house all to myself. It’s an excellent system. (grin)

Amber — May 5, 2012 @ 10:47 am

sometimes my kitchen is so messy- becuase of your posts- could you just stop with all the irresistableness ;)

Chelsea @ Chelsea's Culinary Indulgence — May 5, 2012 @ 11:38 am

I made these last night as soon as I got home from work and let me tell you…they are like Heaven in a glass! Amazing!!!

Becs @ Lay the table — May 5, 2012 @ 1:48 pm

haha I totally agree, everything’s different when the other half’s away! I love the idea of coconut in the drink and it looks so pretty around the jar/glass too!

Maggie — May 5, 2012 @ 5:10 pm

Totally making these today!! Excited!

AliciaC — May 5, 2012 @ 6:34 pm

They LOOK fantastic, but I’m afraid I gag on coconut. But my friends will love these.
    thanks for sharing! :)

Susan — May 5, 2012 @ 7:31 pm

What a beautiful picture! It looks delicious :)

Krissy's Creations — May 6, 2012 @ 1:34 am

Woah! These look sooo amazing. Incredibly refreshing :). And beautiful pictures Jessica!

Katie @ OhShineOn — May 6, 2012 @ 1:55 pm

Looks delicious. I made Mango Coconut Spritzer Margaritas last night and downed… Well, a few of them. Let’s just say it was a good night. From my understanding, you had a pretty good night, too.

Julie — May 6, 2012 @ 4:45 pm

:O oh my god Do I want one of these. I had a margarita yesterday from the bottle and it did not look like this..

Ro McCarty — May 6, 2012 @ 7:49 pm

I think I must sign up for this…blog is it? what an elegant drink in a canning jar!!!!

Jamie {green beans & grapefruit} — May 7, 2012 @ 11:57 am

These look awesome!! Love that you covered the rim with coconut flakes!

Tessie — May 7, 2012 @ 4:34 pm

Wow! I can’t wait to try these!

Jamie | My Baking Addiction — May 7, 2012 @ 5:07 pm

Yes, these will be happening in the very near future – LOVE them!

LP @dishclips — May 8, 2012 @ 10:06 pm

Such a great idea to put the coconut flakes on the rim.

Twinkle Teacher — May 8, 2012 @ 11:20 pm

I want one. Or two. Like now. Thanks for sharing.

Jeannie — May 9, 2012 @ 12:51 am

Can you cheat with this at all and use margarita mix? I know, I know…I would personally prefer to start from scratch but someone already bought the mix and we will be short on time.

• Jessica — May 9th, 2012 @ 6:44 am

I’ve actually never used a margarita mix so I have no idea!

ye-mek.net — May 10, 2012 @ 3:12 pm

Super… How many recipes that we checked at this blog, are wonderfull…

Bex — May 13, 2012 @ 10:37 am

Whipping up a pitcher of these for our Mother’s Day BBQ today… any reason not to throw them in a blender instead of shaking? I haven’t really used cream de coconut before, not sure if the separation effect will be magnified by the blender?

Margarita — May 16, 2012 @ 6:59 pm

This recipe is definitely a keeper!!

Cheryl — May 22, 2012 @ 9:55 pm

I made these today and they ARE fabulous. I live in Texas where margaritas (& different flavors, styles, etc.) are common. This was a nice take on other drinks I’ve tried, mixed in to one..! Loved it..BUT, here is my comment/question: there is no way the coconut/salt/sugar mixture will stay on the rim of a glass, being rimmed by only a lime… I had to use honey (very thin layer) to get it to stay on… I was curious what you used for your picture? Thanks!

• Jessica — May 22nd, 2012 @ 9:59 pm

I always only use the lime juice to rim the glasses – that’s the only thing I use for all my margaritas. I cut wedges and go back and forth on the rim a couple times, then immediately dip! The mixture always sticks for me.

Erika — June 15, 2012 @ 11:49 am

Question…what exactly is cream de coconut? Is is a type of liquor or is it the stuff in a can? I want to try these so bad! Thanks!!

Lola — June 16, 2012 @ 11:23 am

Amazeballs!!!!!!!

Gail — June 25, 2012 @ 10:37 am

When I started reading your stories, I thought you were the sister I never had. So much in common!

Mel B — July 1, 2012 @ 8:12 pm

Love…….love……LOVE!!!! You are my hero today girl. And I’m pretty sure my sista from another mista! Lol.

Daiquiri — August 5, 2012 @ 5:42 pm

Wow you’ve used all the good stuff! Grand Marnier, coconut cream and strawberry simple syrup. Great stuff.

Kelly — August 29, 2012 @ 1:25 am

You’re funny! And I can’t wait to try these this weekend!

sahra — May 3, 2013 @ 2:23 pm

I’ve just found your blog via pinterest. I think I’m in love; a woman after my own heart of guac and Tequila <333

So happy to be a new follower!

XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool

V — June 12, 2013 @ 1:40 pm

I am not a tequila connoisseur but I am a tequila lover so…I used fresh strawberries from my garden to make this awesome tasty beverage. Ahem, the first of many, I’m sure. Thank you so much!

Sandy — March 29, 2014 @ 9:24 pm

Girl, you are hilarious! I just got a kick out of reading your funny antics. Can’t wait to try some of your fun recipes. I love margaritas and coconut…and fruit…and cupcakes! My mouth is totally watering right now.

1. Pingback: Fimm hlutir sem gleðja mig « Lúxusgrísirnir í Flórída

2. Pingback: Summer Drinks « B&C Designers

3. Pingback: Strawberry Coconut Margarita @ We Dessert More!

4. Pingback: Summer Party Food Ideas: Memorial Day Weekend, 4th of July, and Labor Day

5. Pingback: Truskawkowa margarita w słoiku | Slodkie rzeczy - codzienna dawka słodkości

6. Pingback: Scrumptious Strawberry Recipes Ripe for the Picking | Shecky's

7. Pingback: Mix It Up: Strawberry Coconut Margarita | The Sweetest Occasion

8. Pingback: Imagine Design » Strawberry Coconut Margarita Recipe

9. Pingback: Naked Coconut Water Challenge {GIVEAWAY!} - Fitting It All In

10. Pingback: Weekly Newsletter 12-18-12 | theveggiebin

11. Pingback: Fresh Strawberry Coconut Margaritas | daily-pins.com

12. Pingback: fresh strawberry coconut margaritas | Soul Recipes

13. Pingback: Delicious Fresh Strawberry Coconut Margaritas - fancy-edibles.com

14. Pingback: Out like a Lamb | Tip Toes in the Kitchen

15. Pingback: 35 Vegetarian Recipes for Cinco de Mayo (+ 10 Bonus Margarita Recipes) | Kitchen Treaty

16. Pingback: Coconut Creamsicle Margaritas | How Sweet It Is