Here’s what I have realized in the past 12 hours: I have a ridiculous amount of margarita and taco recipes.

Coconut Creamsicle Margaritas I

Can’t even deal.

I’m like, oh, maybe I’ll make a list of some cinco de mayo recipes at the request of my invisible internet friends, which ultimately turned into my computer freezing because I had about 64 tabs open on my browser. That’s what happens when your first name is pro and your last is crastinator.

I think it was last year when I first spotted this 1800 coconut tequila – I’ve wanted it ever since. As an equal opportunity tequila lover, I knew this could NOT be bad. As a coconut freak, I was positive it would be my beverage of choice. I was right. Unfortunately, it didn’t catch my eye until after I’d made these strawberry coconut margaritas, which happened to be one of my go-to drinks. But after multiple makings over the last year I determined: they could get better. Hence this current beauty.

These margs are slightly orange-flavored with a hint of coconut water and canned coconut milk – this is one of the only instances where I will tell you that light coconut milk is better. You don’t NEED the coconut tequila but since I don’t like to lie to you… you need the coconut tequila. Just in your life, period.

Coconut Creamsicle Margaritas I

Now, what incredible things are you making this weekend?

If you need some beverage ideas, you can go with a traditional margarita (my favorite) or a various array of strawberry, peach, roasted blueberry basil, jalapeño mango, blood orange or pomegranate. I’m a total on-the-rocks girl but a quick whip in the blender with some crushed ice and these can be frozen in no time. If you want a non-alcoholic choice, try some agua fresca in whatever flavor your little heart desires.

My taco list is nothing short of embarrassing. We have crockpot cheddar beer chicken, crockpot beer carnitas, smoky sweet potato and black bean and smoky chicken with goat cheese tacos. These old school crispy shrimp tacos are one of my favorite blog recipes of all time and if you want to really trash things up, you can make buffalo chicken tacos or crispy margarita chicken tacos. These portobello and fontina queso fajitas aren’t too bad either.

I, personally, am still hooked on the crockpot short rib tacos because I want to EAT ALL THE SHORT RIBS. In the world.

Coconut Creamsicle Margaritas I

A few other random but often-made favorites are these cheesy double bean quesadillas, as well as caramelized pineapple quesadillas. We also lovelovelove BBQ chicken and buffalo chicken enchiladas, which are basically tex-mex blasphemy, but delicious tex-mex blasphemy. I sort of feel like tostadas are simply high maintenance tacos, but dig these sweet and spicy glazed chicken ones. And if you’re experiencing snow this weekend (which…omg, ew), make this tortilla soup. Or some chicken enchilada pizza. Or at least a tequila steak salad. Maybe just drink the marinade.

And if you really have no time and therefore, no plans to celebrate this fantastic holiday that calls for over eating everything fabulous, make some 20-minute turkey taco nachos.

Or some chips and salsa? Tequila shots with lime?

Coconut Creamsicle Margaritas I

Coconut Creamsicle Margaritas

Yield: makes 1 serving, is easily multiplied

Total Time: 10 minutes

2 ounces grand marnier
2 ounces orange juice
1 1/2 ounces silver tequila
1 ounce lime juice
1 ounce coconut water
1 ounce canned light coconut milk
1 ounce simple syrup
unsweetened shredded + toasted coconut for glass rims
orange + lime slices for serving

To rim glasses, fill a plate with coconut. Rub honey or left over frosting on the rim - anything sticky that the coconut will stick too - then place on the plate to coat with coconut. Fill glass with ice.

Combine all grand marnier, orange juice, tequila, lime juice, coconut water, coconut milk and simple syrup in a shaker and shake well for 30 seconds. Pour over ice and garnish with wedges of orange and limes. Drink!

Coconut Creamsicle Margaritas I

I’m officially overwhelmed.

120 Responses to “Coconut Creamsicle Margaritas. (and too many cinco de mayo recipes.)”

Jade Sheldon — May 5, 2013 @ 7:01 pm

My goodness… I want to make every single thing tonight… Too many wonderful choices!!! And I absolutely HAVE to try that 1800 coconut tequila: I’m ashamed I didn’t know it existed sooner…

Jenni — May 5, 2013 @ 7:45 pm

I love the coconut rim! Brilliant idea.

Dawn — May 6, 2013 @ 7:27 am

made this but deleted the simple syrup. it was AWESOME! this is a keeper!

Stephanie @cookinfanatic — May 6, 2013 @ 8:47 am

I saw these on instagram via Jess and immediately knew I needed them in my life — shoulda known you were part of this brilliance too!!!!!!!!! amazing. just amazing. Hope you had a wonderful Cinco!! :)

Mindy@FindingSilverLinings — May 6, 2013 @ 11:18 am

You had me at coconut tequila.

Colette — May 6, 2013 @ 6:34 pm

The coconut is an awesome addition.
    Love it around the rim!

Laura — May 7, 2013 @ 2:00 am

These margaritas sound delicious! I love anything creamsicly. (Yes, I just made up the word creamsicle.) xoxo

• Laura — May 7th, 2013 @ 2:01 am

Aaaaaah I meant that I made up the word “creamsicly”!!! Why can’t I type? Sorry.

Peter — May 7, 2013 @ 1:20 pm

I love your yummy recipes and you :)

Gina — May 7, 2013 @ 10:30 pm

There is no such thing as a ridiculous amount of margarita recipes!

Jane — May 8, 2013 @ 9:03 pm

Oh my soul! Those margaritas look like something to die for! And a coconut rim? How adorable and perfect is that?? Can’t wait to try these on the patio this summer :)

Tasia — May 10, 2013 @ 2:36 pm

This 1800 coconut is amazing. i got it for my cinco de mayo party this year and just made shots with pineapple juice and it was gone in like 2 hours.
    I’m so excited to try this AND your original margarita recipe. So glad you put all of the recipes in on one page for us!

Carly — May 13, 2013 @ 3:49 pm

Haha, because we all have leftover frosting just waiting to be used for the rims of glasses.

Carolyn — May 17, 2013 @ 6:56 am

Okay, these are brilliant! I have to find a way to make them sugar-free. And I love short ribs too!

Karen — May 23, 2013 @ 8:43 am

Tequila shots with lime?? Yes Phllleaseeee!! And just for the record, I love tacos and coconuts :)

Danilo Herron — June 16, 2013 @ 7:15 am

Naturally refreshing, coconut water has a sweet, nutty taste. It contains easily digested carbohydrate in the form of sugar and electrolytes. Not to be confused with high-fat coconut milk or oil, coconut water is a clear liquid in the fruit’s center that is tapped from young, green coconuts.`-…

See you in a bit

Barrett Batters — June 22, 2013 @ 9:45 am

i always look for healthy recipes because i am very conscious with my own health and my kids…^.’

Till next time

Rebecca — July 13, 2013 @ 8:07 pm

I just made this drink! YUMMY!!!! I too love everything coconut and so I bought the coconut tequila. Thanks for the recipe!

Kelley — August 30, 2013 @ 5:06 pm

These are absolutely DELISH!!! They are strong and I love me a strong cocktail :) I did make a large batch of these for a party, so I reduced the grand mariner to 1 oz and same with the tequila. Considering your average cocktail has 1.5oz of liquor, it seemed like a happy medium, so my guests didn’t get too sloppy! I also tried it with the coconut tequila … Yum and yum! Love all your recipes :)

Aurelia — January 22, 2014 @ 12:41 pm

Ohhh these look so good! Definitely going to make some…and get some of the coconut tequila.

dawn@joyfulscribblings — May 1, 2014 @ 3:04 pm

I’m doing a margarita roundup and wow, you have got great recipes. I bought the coconut tequila last year after reading about on someone’s blog and I still haven’t tried it. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. Time to switch from wine to tequila for Cinco de Mayo. Thanks for sharing all of your great recipes. You’ll be seeing a few ping backs from me :)

jenn — May 2, 2014 @ 1:45 pm

I love anything orange creamsicle flavored…. perfect timing to find this on the kitchn… happy cinco de mayo ;)

Andrea — May 5, 2014 @ 3:43 am

You R my new hero….I just got my IRS $$$$ check, so will be blowing it on booze……….. Grand Marnier , 1800 Coconut Tequila…um yup…Creamsicles party of one…ah snap! Jessica …are you my twin? Sista from anotha mista? I’m so confused…I’ve been looking for U forever…everyday is Cinco de Mayo…this recipe is perfection, Y aren’t you a major chef making everyone laugh with your sense of off balance humor & maj talented cookery…why, why, why?
    Oh yup & I’m the nit-wit who mentioned coconut oil to you OMG…you’re a coconut FREAK of course you know all about that deal…
    OK, well you’re a rock-star…sigh
    I’m kidding ,kinda, thanks for your genius, Andrea

Caitlin — May 5, 2014 @ 3:54 pm

Hey Jessica, hope you’re good – love your site! just wanted to call to your attention that your delicious coconut creamsicle recipe was posted on Style Me Pretty but they linked Freutcake as the author of the drink. Probably because she posted the entire recipe on her site as well like she created it. Super bad blog etiquette. It happened to a friend of mine as well. Drink recipes were ripped off by her. Just wanted to let you kno in case you didn’t! Good luck, C

Anne-Marie — December 17, 2014 @ 2:25 pm

could I make this recipe ahead of time and freeze it? Thank you for your response!

Anne-Marie — December 17, 2014 @ 2:27 pm

could I make this recipe ahead of time and freeze it? Thanks for your response!

1. Pingback: 20 Cinco de Mayo Margarita Recipes |

2. Pingback: Double Shot | Shake Bake and Party

3. Pingback: Playing Catch Up. Food Edition. | themidnitewriter

4. Pingback: Cinco de Mayo Recipe Roundup | Create Inspiration

5. Pingback: Top 7 Dreamlike Cocktail for Mother’s Day - All Fresh Recipes

6. Pingback: Highlights: Cinco de Mayo » Relishments

7. Pingback: coconut creamsicle margaritas - Where Home Starts

8. Pingback: Coconut Creamsicle Margarita | freutcake

9. Pingback: Sunday Snippets: Mother’s Day Ed.

10. Pingback: 3 Drink Recipes to Make this Memorial Day Weekend… | Reclaiming Your Castle

11. Pingback: Insta-Memorial Day Weekend! | A Tasty Life

12. Pingback: 25 of the Best Blogs with Tropical Recipes Featuring Coconut « Au Pair Care

13. Pingback: Life Lately According to My iPhone | DormStyler Part II

14. Pingback: Get Linked! Summer Drinks! » 2Create in Color

15. Pingback: Foodie News: 13 Boozy Creamsicle Cocktails That Aren’t Totally Stupid | ASQRD

16. Pingback: 13 Boozy Creamsicle Cocktails That Aren't Totally Stupid | OHGet - Part 1

17. Pingback: 13 Boozy Creamsicle Cocktails That Aren’t Totally Stupid | シ最愛遲到.!

18. Pingback: 13 Boozy Creamsicle Cocktails That Aren’t Totally Stupid | JCagain Blog

19. Pingback: Things to Make | Lake Louise

20. Pingback: 14 Valentine’s Drinks for Single Schmucks | Fan of Stuff

21. Pingback: Ingredients, Inc.Friday Finds

22. Pingback: {Happy Margarita Day} Margarita Recipes With a Twist | Sweet Little Sparrow

23. Pingback: Friday Favorites + Klean Kanteen Giveaway! | Iowa Girl Eats

24. Pingback: Coconut Creamsicle Margarita |

25. Pingback: Springtime Eats + Drinks | Off the Shelf

26. Pingback: Fruity cocktail recipes + DIY rainbow fringe stir sticks - Handcrafted Parties

27. Pingback: The ULTIMATE Cinco de Mayo Party Guide

28. Pingback: Cinco de Mayo Margarita Round Up - The Housewife in Training Files

29. Pingback: 35 Margarita Recipes for Cinco de Mayo

30. Pingback: Cinco Margaritas For Cinco De Mayo | Twenties Chic

31. Pingback: ココナッツで料理する29のうまい方法 | ダイエットはこのメニューで決まり! 最新流行ダイエットフード

32. Pingback: Yummy Feel Good Food | Too Hottie For That Body

33. Pingback: How to Pick Your Signature Drink - Amanda Douglas Events | Winnipeg Event Planner

34. Pingback: Top 10 Margaritas Recipes To Cool You Off This Summer

35. Pingback: The Ultimate List of Girly Drinks

36. Pingback: Every Tequila Cocktail Recipe You Need For Life | Hihid News

37. Pingback: 29 Delicious Ways To Cook With Coconut | INFESTED

38. Pingback: Bon Weekend, Plus Couture Cocktails | My Site

39. Pingback: Ladies & the Drinks: The Ultimate List of Girly Alcoholic Drink Recipes

40. Pingback: Celebra la Semana Santa con una Margarita Cremosa de Coco | Hieloenlacopa

41. Pingback: Chicdeco blog | | Coconut Creamsicle Margaritas