I promise this is it.

Roasted Strawberry Brown Butter Pancakes I howsweeteats.com

No more roasted strawberries.

No more brown butter.

I’m not roasting any more strawberries or browning any more butter until I roast more strawberries and brown more butter.

Which could possibly be today, buuuut… oh well.

Roasted Strawberry Brown Butter Pancakes I howsweeteats.com

It’s Friday. Time to drink wine. Pretend it’s summer. Buy shoes online. Fall asleep at 9PM because you’re a not-so-secretly 79-year old 29-year old. Dream of that clear phone DJ Tanner had that you were never allowed to have. Plan breakfast for Saturday since it’s the highlight of your life. Stuff like that.

Roasted Strawberry Brown Butter Pancakes I howsweeteats.com

Or plan for Sunday since it’s a super special day.

Perfect for moms. Perfect for you. Perfect for all faces!

Roasted Strawberry Brown Butter Pancakes I howsweeteats.com

Roasted Strawberry Brown Butter Pancakes

serves 3-4

1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries

1/2 teaspoon olive oil

1/4 cup unsalted butter

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 cup whole wheat pastry flour

1 tablespoon granulated sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 egg, lightly beaten

1-1 1/4 cups milk (I prefer vanilla almond milk)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Toss sliced strawberries with olive oil and a pinch of salt, then lay on a nonstick baking sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until juicy and caramely. While strawberries are roasting, heat butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk constantly until brown bits form on the bottom, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.

In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup milk, egg and vanilla extract. Add wet ingredients to dry, mixing until just combined, then stir in brown butter (get all the brown bits from the pan!) and 1/4 of the roasted strawberries. If batter isn’t smooth or is too thick, add additional milk. (The strawberries will add liquid to the batter so you may need to add a little more milk if needed, based on your strawberries.)

Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Add a bit of butter to the griddle and using a 1/4 cup measure, spoon batter into pan. Cook until bubbles form on top, then flip and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Top with remaining roasted strawberries and syrup.

Roasted Strawberry Brown Butter Pancakes I howsweeteats.com

Also perfect for dinner. I know this.

129 Responses to “Roasted Strawberry Brown Butter Pancakes.”

Allie@sweetpotatobites — May 11, 2012 @ 11:12 am

i wasn’t sure what i was going to make for breakfast tomorrow morning, but now it has been officially decided. yum!

Em (Wine and Butter) — May 11, 2012 @ 11:14 am

I don’t think you EVER have to stop with the strawberries and browned butter.

I just had a three course breakfast (yogurt, strawberries and flax, followed by applesauce and peanut butter, followed by a homeamde cookie… I am insane). However even so I still want these pancakes. They sound all kind of delicious and I love how pretty the are too! Please share with us what you make your mama on Sunday too! :)

Happy Friday!

heather — May 11, 2012 @ 11:14 am

You are my pancake hero! Why haven’t I roasted strawberries yet!?

xo

Averie @ Averie Cooks — May 11, 2012 @ 11:16 am

Roasting strawberries is the best. The smell they create, their taste, mmmmm, I want some like right now!

Erin — May 11, 2012 @ 11:21 am

I am totally ok with you continuing this trend.

Courtney — May 11, 2012 @ 11:26 am

Yum!! I might just have to do this tomorrow morning! Have a great weekend :)

Stephanie — May 11, 2012 @ 11:33 am

Mmm, brown butter!

Lauren | Hippie Dog Company — May 11, 2012 @ 11:37 am

Roasting Strawberries?! Never would have thought of that! I love the idea!!!! Thanks!

ThePixie — May 11, 2012 @ 12:27 pm

Oh wow, I’m going to have to make these once I get my hands on some good strawberries!!

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — May 11, 2012 @ 12:31 pm

Fact: I totally had that clear phone when I was younger. It was the closest I ever got to being DJ Tanner. Good times.

Fact: I want these pancakes in my piehole right. now.

Stacy @ Say It With Sprinkles — May 11, 2012 @ 12:36 pm

Strawberry pancakes for dinner – YES, PLEASE! =)

Annie — May 11, 2012 @ 12:45 pm

Serves 3-4? HA!

I think it’s more like 1.

When it comes to me anyway.

Delish!

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes — May 11, 2012 @ 12:59 pm

I guess breakfast for sunday is now decided!!!

Jen Marie — May 11, 2012 @ 1:21 pm

Yeah, you’d think that we’d be tired of the brown butter recipes….
    We so totally are not.

Just so you know.

Morgan — May 11, 2012 @ 1:37 pm

Is this real life?

kelley @mountainmamacooks — May 11, 2012 @ 1:46 pm

You keep on rocking the roasted strawberries and brown butter. Puh-lease.

Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — May 11, 2012 @ 2:48 pm

I’ve yet to roast a strawberry but I know all too well the wonders of brown butter. Ohhh boy. I don’t even like pancakes, but those two magic ingredients could be their saving grace.

Cassie — May 11, 2012 @ 3:25 pm

Loving all of the roasted strawberry recipes!

brandi — May 11, 2012 @ 3:36 pm

er…the ONLY reason I don’t let myself fall asleep early on Friday nights is so I can watch Fashion Police.

Joan Ranger <— right here.

• Jessica — May 11th, 2012 @ 5:09 pm

Ha! Yeah… I hear ya.

Mary @ Have the world on a string — May 11, 2012 @ 3:54 pm

The not-so-secret 79 year old, 29 year old sums up my life, and my plans for tonight!

Shawn @ I Wash...You Dry — May 11, 2012 @ 3:58 pm

Oh heavens! This looks devine! LOVE IT!

Mia — May 11, 2012 @ 4:08 pm

This looks amazing. I would try it this weekend, except I’m on a wonderful beach vacay! So next Saturday? Check. Then next Sunday? I’m going to try to figure out how to turn this into French toast. Because I’ve been scouring the world for a good fruit-french toast recipe. Wish me luck! (Of course, Jess, if you happen to make this into an amazing french toast recipe before I get back home, that would be a-okay, too!)

Katie — May 11, 2012 @ 6:33 pm

I’ve never had roasted strawberries before but they sound just fantastic. I can’t wait to try these. And brown butter pancakes too? Awesome!

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — May 11, 2012 @ 7:04 pm

I would love to be inside your mind just for a few minutes, to better understand how on earth you come up with these ideas!! Yum!!

Emily Lynne {The Best of this Life} — May 11, 2012 @ 7:32 pm

OH ya, this is definitely a Mother’s Day treat that I can get behind :) I’d love for my hubby to make these (gluten-free) for Sunday’s brunch…yum!! Looks delicious, gorgeous photos!

Kinzie — May 12, 2012 @ 12:51 am

Ummm…. These remind me of you. In a non-creepy sugar-coated kind of way, of course… http://insidebrucrewlife.blogspot.com/2012/05/oreo-banana-pancakes.html

Lynna — May 12, 2012 @ 4:34 am

um, DELICIOUS? i bet! ♥

idiosyncratic eye — May 12, 2012 @ 7:18 am

I’m thinking waffles and maple syrup, thanks for leading me into temptation! ;)

Quiche-ing Queen — May 12, 2012 @ 7:40 am

This looks so delicious.

Katie @ OhShineOn — May 12, 2012 @ 9:41 am

I made s big ol’ stack like this a few days ago using cottage cheese… Came out surprisingly delicious. Obviously yours look better. Because, well… it’s you.

Christine — May 12, 2012 @ 9:45 am

Hahahaha. I wanted DJ’s phone too!!! Hilarious.

This looks delicious. I love pancakes so much, I would eat them with a dirt topping.

My Slice of Sky — May 12, 2012 @ 3:22 pm

oh! I love your different pancake recipes! The combination of strawberries and pancakes, can’t be beat. I often spread mine with strawberry honey butter. I recently tried your whole wheat greek yogurt pancakes! Absolutely delicious. :)

RecipeNewZ — May 12, 2012 @ 3:43 pm

This is such a perfect breakfast! Would make any day perfect :-). I have to try roasting strawberries now – they look so delish! Happy Mother’s day!

Jennifer — May 12, 2012 @ 5:22 pm

I’ve seen a lot of ideas using browned butter lately, which I’ve never done, but now I’m tempted! This looks great!

marisa — May 12, 2012 @ 8:00 pm

Yummy! What could be bad about this… I just picked strawberries from my farm and need more recipes. This one is it!

luv what you do — May 12, 2012 @ 9:03 pm

I still haven’t roasted any strawberries. I need more hours in my day to make beautiful and sweet breafasts like this!!! I would eat those pancakes for dinner!

TheFrugalMama — May 12, 2012 @ 10:19 pm

Hey,

Yummy recips. You may want to share your recipe on Yumterest.com. Yumterest is a place to discover and share all things yummy. It is a great site to share yummy recipes, yummy foods, yummy places and many more. You can call it “Pinterest for all things yummy”

Below is the link to the site.

The Frugal Mama

Caitlin — May 13, 2012 @ 1:03 am

I plan on making this for my mom tomorrow for mothers day and I was wondering, can I use whole wheat flour instead of whole wheat pastry flour?

• Jessica — May 13th, 2012 @ 8:19 am

I definitely wouldn’t use regular whole wheat – they will probably be dry, gritty, too thick and paste-like. Use all-purpose if you can’t use whole wheat pastry!

• Caitlin — May 13th, 2012 @ 9:03 am

Thank you so much!

Sherice — May 13, 2012 @ 5:28 pm

I am a huge fan of browned butter and am so excited to have another way to enjoy the delicious, nutty flavor in something other than a dessert!

Jamie | My Baking Addiction — May 14, 2012 @ 6:15 pm

I am on a huge brown butter kick right now and I must say that this creation might just be tomorrow’s dinner. Gorgeous!

Ashley M — May 15, 2012 @ 12:29 am

Made these tonight for dinner… AMAZING. The cinnamon helped take it a new level. Seriously. Thanks for another perfect recipe.

Jackie — May 15, 2012 @ 1:49 pm

Hi Jessica

Vanilla almond milk is that sweetened or unsweetened.

• Jessica — May 15th, 2012 @ 2:11 pm

Either is fine – I use unsweetened.

Leah — May 16, 2012 @ 10:18 pm

Those look amazing… and I’m really excited that you reminded me about that clear phone. I had one. It lit up when it rang and even the cord was clear. It was awesome. And so was “Deej”. I so wanted to have her long hair… :-). Gonna make these pancakes FOR SURE!

Keara — May 31, 2012 @ 11:39 pm

I saw this recipe and I immediately thought of you, skillets and roasted strawberries? What?

Courtney @ Bake. Eat. Repeat. — June 4, 2012 @ 9:28 pm

Hi Jessica! I’m doing a round up of strawberry recipes on my blog and would love to include this recipe in the mix. May I post a picture from your site along with your blog name linking back to this page? These look incredible, and considering the fact I have a fridge full of strawberries and I’ve been craving brinner I’ll probably make these soon…meaning now.

The 36th AVENUE — August 11, 2012 @ 1:28 am

Oh my… they look so good!
    I am featuring you tomorrow on my blog… Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!

Natalie — October 28, 2012 @ 2:53 pm

I just made these for my husband and I despite having to go to the store to buy whole wheat pastry flour when he was apparently “starving”. Needless to say, he was one happy man after he ate his pancakes! I’m officially in love with browned butter and baking strawberries is genius. Thank you for the delicious idea and recipe. I love your blog. You’re a llife/marriage saver.

ari — February 21, 2013 @ 2:26 pm

can you use regular whole wheat flour instead of the whole wheat pastry flour?

• ari — February 21st, 2013 @ 2:28 pm

just saw the answer above. thanks!

Peter — May 7, 2013 @ 12:12 pm

Jessica if you didn’t have that ring , I would marry you next second for your good looks and your sweet eats :)

Mariana C — November 18, 2013 @ 8:10 pm

These pancakes are so dee-licious. As soon as I read “…roasted strawberries…” my stomach said,”Oh yeaaaaa…”

I did have to add the additional milk, but didn’t put too much because I like my PC’s nice an’ thick. It gives it a fluffy, cake-like consistency that I oh-so-love! Shared it with my mom, 2 sisters and cousin…they all enjoyed it! Whoo-hoo!

On my next day off I’ll be trying out one of your recipes for lunch!

Thanks so much! Never stop cooking and eating…and posting recipes!!!!

1. Pingback: Recipe: Roasted Strawberry Brown Butter Pancakes @Craftzine.com blog

2. Pingback: strawberry fields. « ciao mama