1. I seriously believe it is a life law to have a large stash of chocolate in your possession at all times. That’s why the above has been in my purse since Friday. Well… what’s left of it.

2. Um, please look at what I discovered today: a caprese MARGARITA. I don’t know how this is possible but it is possible and I want to ingest it as soon as possible. And since it has all that food in it, you could probably have one or two and call it lunch. Sort of like a bloody mary.

3. In continuing with my Barbie-barf wardrobe, I bought this neon skirt. Like so neon it hurts your eyes.

4. And is 29 too old to order a multicolored bright animal print type swimsuit? Because I’m losing my mind with the Victoria’s Secret bikini mixer. Just shoot me.

5. I already forgot to water my herbs and stuff today. I’m so screwed.

6. We decided to have blizzards as our weekend treat, because I’ve only been sharting myself every time I drive by Dairy Queen and see the words “confetti cake blizzard” lighting up the marquee. Um, below is my confetti cake blizzard. Lots of blizzard, little confetti. Like no confetti. Don’t these people know I need sprinkles? I almost took it back to complain, but then I took a taste and it resembled straight up cake batter, so I dumped nearly an entire jar of sprinkles over it and called it a day.

7. Before that though, we celebrated my favorite face baby’s first birthday. BEST CHEEKS EVER. Especially since they can hold so much cake. Just look.

8. Oh after we had those blizzards – which he devoured a LARGE oreo blizzard – and partied all day with party food, Mr. How Sweet decided this is what he wanted for dinner. Double the patties. And the bacon.

9. Meanwhile, all weekend I was seriously craving some falafel and now I’ve found this crispy baked falafel. I’m dying to make it, but now I sort of want that burger up there?

10. Okay… Girls. One of my favorite things to do is discuss Girls with Jessica, and we both agree that someone needs to give Hannah some lip gloss and a hair brush. I just can’t tear myself away, yet I can’t believe that any 20something does SOME of the stuff she does. You know what I’m talking about. Ack.

11. Plus, what does she have against brunch? And why doesn’t she want to go to brunch? I always want to go to brunch! Brunch usually includes alcohol in the mornings.

12. Oh Target… I love you and your obnoxiously large and cheap sunglasses.

13. Bella is so big and I hate it. At least her ears are still crimpy.

83 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Bev Weidner — May 22, 2012 @ 4:05 pm

GO WATER before I come spit all over your dang plants.

Ew.

…but go water them.

• Jessica — May 22nd, 2012 @ 4:06 pm

It just started raining. I win?

Lauren — May 22, 2012 @ 4:08 pm

I have come under Victoria’s Secret’s bikini mixer spell.
    Ironically (and a tad bit creepy), the UPS man just dropped off the box.
    Yeah, a box. Key is to buy about 5 different suits in about 3 different sizes since VS has the WORST measurement ideas for their swimsuits, pick your favorite, and send the rest of the little babies back. Teras included.

PS. confetti cake blizzard <3

Claire — May 22, 2012 @ 4:12 pm

Those chocolate bars sound delicious! What brand is it? Also, worst mistake I’ve ever made… purchasing an animal-print monokini from Victoria’s Secret (it’s never been worn, thank goodness). I still don’t know what I was thinking/trying to pull off. But I’m sure the bikini is much cuter!

• Jessica — May 22nd, 2012 @ 4:17 pm

Chocolove!

Alessandra — May 22, 2012 @ 4:14 pm

You need to tell your friend who owns the favorite face baby to make a blog of his faces. like for real. I’m talking hundreds of followers. I can only hope my future child makes those kind of faces.

• Katie — May 22nd, 2012 @ 5:10 pm

YES! I would look at it daily. My kids made really funny newborn faces and still do sometimes, but this kid has a gift.

Mary — May 22, 2012 @ 4:14 pm

the dark chocolate one with almonds and sea salt is my favorite! just had one last weekend. the wrapper said it had 70 calories. i decided to believe the wrapper and ignore the fact that ALL of the other bars had 170. hahaha hey if its in writing! i love that there are little love letters on the insides of the wrappers.

Renee — May 22, 2012 @ 4:17 pm

Bella is so dang cute! I like that neon skirt & wish I could pull it off!

Ryan @ Spicy Richmond — May 22, 2012 @ 4:17 pm

You’re never too old for neon animal print anything. Also, rain is the only thing keeping my plants alive right now so I’m right there with ya!

Elizabeth — May 22, 2012 @ 4:18 pm

Bella is beautiful!

xox Elizabeth

tweal — May 22, 2012 @ 4:18 pm

That swimsuit is awesome! You should get it. So much wear potential.

Your dog is adorable, love the crimpy ears!

Kerri — May 22, 2012 @ 4:19 pm

OMG – the same thing was happening to me every time I saw that dang blizzard commercial!! I finally sent my husband to get me one – it was sooo not as good as it looked. I got way more sprinkles than you did (yay!) but I didn’t enjoy the chunks of frozen cake at all. I love it when that happens – now it’s out of my system and I won’t want one every time I see that commercial!!! How dare they come out with that right before bathing suit season.
    Bella is sweet. They grow so fast (I have 2 goldens – they’re the best!) but there’s just new things to love about them as they grow into their personalities and mellow out. Finally. It does happen. Around age 6. sigh.
    How on earth do you stay in such wicked shape with all the eating (and apparent tv watching!) you do? Share the secret, girl!!!!

Jamie @ green beans & grapefruit — May 22, 2012 @ 4:19 pm

oh man, blizzards and bikinis don’t normally mix for me but neon animal print never goes out of style. Never ever so go for it.

Jessica — May 22, 2012 @ 4:20 pm

1. I think I have that skirt in purple.
    2. Did you just post a picture of a 5 Guys burger right now? I might have leave work.. *cough* I’m feeling hungry- I mean sick….
    3. I <3 our Girls chats.

Melissa — May 22, 2012 @ 4:20 pm

Ask for that blizzard with extra frosting. I dare you.

Cookie and Kate — May 22, 2012 @ 4:22 pm

Thanks a million for linking to my falafel post, Jessica! Hope you’ll try it, you won’t be disappointed. Moving on, I literally juuuust put three chocolate bars of the same brand back into my cabinet so I wouldn’t devour them, but I think I’m going to get them back out and nibble on the dark chocolate with almonds and sea salt. Or maybe the dark chocolate with coffee flecks? Help me. In conclusion, you need that swimsuit, and who the hell doesn’t like brunch?

Kristen @ notsodomesticated — May 22, 2012 @ 4:25 pm

The second I saw the commercial for that DQ Blizzard, I wanted it. Does it really taste as good as it sounds? I’m not quite as concered about the sprinkles part. ;)

Michelle — May 22, 2012 @ 4:26 pm

Hannah is awesome but yes, she does need a slight update to her makeup routine. But I love her and her complete lack of tact. My husband switched from laughing his butt off to being horrified in a split second during Sunday’s episode….you know what part.

Must have blizzard….now!

Sara Ann — May 22, 2012 @ 4:26 pm

“I’ve only been sharting myself every time I drive by Dairy Queen…”

I almost just peed myself reading that. And I laughed out loud, totally wasn’t expecting to read “sharting.” But in a weird way it just made my day. Normal.

Karly — May 22, 2012 @ 4:36 pm

Dude. You just said “shart” on a food blog.

I love you forever and ever.

Janetha — May 22, 2012 @ 4:45 pm

PEACH, PECAN, AND CHOCOLATE?!

Heather (Heather's Dish) — May 22, 2012 @ 4:46 pm

omg i am dying at the use of “sharting” – that’s a real gem that we all need to reintroduce into our vocab ;)

Sarah from 20something cupcakes — May 22, 2012 @ 4:56 pm

And now I MUST get my hands on that blizzard. Thank you! ;)

Krystina (Krystina Yogini) — May 22, 2012 @ 5:04 pm

What the what? Peach and pecan chocolate? I WANT IT.

Also, every time I see that commercial for cake batter blizzards I want to drive to the nearest DQ, but I’m lazy. I’m also too lazy to attempt to make them. Sigh.

Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — May 22, 2012 @ 5:04 pm

Haha I’m loving Girls too! It feels so REAL to me somehow… even though I didn’t leech off my parents as long as Hannah did, or, at all, really. Hah.

Krystina (Krystina Yogini) — May 22, 2012 @ 5:07 pm

Also, Girls. I started out not liking it at all, now I love it. I think Hannah is pretty awesome and can attest to the fact that there are a ton of 20-somethings (usually hipsters) that are very similar to the girls on the show. Though I’m still not convinced that putting your finger in a guy’s butt is the usual way to start off intercourse.

Erin — May 22, 2012 @ 5:07 pm

Not sure if you have Culver’s around you (most of them are in the Midwest), but if you ever get a chance, you HAVE to try their cake batter concrete (aka: shake). Absolute HEAVEN. I made them dump some sprinkles in there as well!!

joelle (on a pink typewriter) — May 22, 2012 @ 5:10 pm

OMG – her ears ARE crimpy haha I hope that’s natural. ;-)

Also, I need to get HBO and see this Girls show you keep talking about! Ugggh.

Katie — May 22, 2012 @ 5:12 pm

Bella is the cutest. and YES, I love me some Girls (have even gotten DH on board!) and this week I said it: She needs to brush her hair and befriend a litttttle bit of makeup. Not too much to ruin her, but SOMETHING.

The Healthy Engineer — May 22, 2012 @ 5:27 pm

I’ve been staring at the screen longingly when those commercials come on….DQ is so smart for tapping into the cake batter craze. I really NEED to get one soon.

Sarah @ The Cyclist's Wife — May 22, 2012 @ 5:28 pm

I can’t believe you said you’re sharting yourself over DQ. That is both hilarious and awesome. :)

Stephanie — May 22, 2012 @ 5:29 pm

forget the blizzard my best friend Suzie, who moved far away to North Carolina, just told me about Blue Bunny Wedding Cake Ice Cream……butter cream flavor, with a raspberry ribbon and bits of cake….All I had to say to that was ” I DO” and you should too :)

Averie @ Averie Cooks — May 22, 2012 @ 5:48 pm

In junior high I would ride my bike to DQ and meet my little friends there and we’d eat Blizzards like it was our job. With our ankle zip jeans and Rave hairspray and full on neon eye makeup…it was the 80s. And I could use a Blizzard. I think it’s been 20 years since I’ve had one!

Jenna — May 22, 2012 @ 5:50 pm

If Hannah ever attended one of my brunches, I’d definitely make her wash her hands first.
    Also, didn’t you just die a little inside when Adam said “I miss you” on the phone? Because she’s obviously going to torture herself with little remorse for wrecking her own days. Hmph.

Jill in Chicago — May 22, 2012 @ 5:52 pm

I just watched the pilot of ‘Girls’ last night. I think its a show I would have loved when I was 23/24, but now I want to tell Hannah to grow up. Should I keep watching?

Cookbook Queen — May 22, 2012 @ 6:14 pm

I have this theory that Hanna’s inability to use a hairbrush, put on lip gloss, or wear anything that doesn’t resemble a potato sack ties in to her extremely low self esteem. Like maybe an outward expression of how she feels inside.

No, I don’t over think this and pretend the characters are real, why do you ask?

kelly — May 22, 2012 @ 6:31 pm

Looks like a Five Guys burger…yum. And I think I need to try one of those blizzards!

Mary-Where's the Zoom — May 22, 2012 @ 6:31 pm

Please, please use “shart’ in each and every blog post from this point forward. I had my first dipped cone from Dairy Queen in probably 15 years over the weekend and it was sososo good. I contemplated the chicken strip basket, but decided I was too old for the coagulated “gravy” it comes with. Also, it appears I need to get on the Girls bandwagon. Stat.

Chrissy — May 22, 2012 @ 6:35 pm

That bikini is hott with two Ts.

Lisa — May 22, 2012 @ 7:00 pm

Ok i want that margarita; where is the bocconcini? And by the way how do you stay so lean and cook/eat the way you do?!

Brindi — May 22, 2012 @ 7:09 pm

Ummmm…OMGG! where did you get peach and pecan in milk chocolate?!!!! I need to know….like yesterday!

Erin @ The Speckled Palate — May 22, 2012 @ 7:39 pm

1. 29 is TOTALLY not too old for a brightly colored animal print swimsuit. I’m almost 28 and have a few in my possession, and I am NOT giving them up anytime soon.

2. Totally agree about Hannah and the hairbrush and lipgloss. Little things, girl. They make a difference sometimes. Also, that show is ridiculous. In the best kind of way.

Mariah — May 22, 2012 @ 7:54 pm

its the worst thing, whey your puppies grow up. Its sort of like baby fever, but worse, because puppies can lick your face.

efd — May 22, 2012 @ 9:05 pm

i love chocolove! i keep the sea salt & almond bar in my desk for my daily after lunch treat. yum.

Crystal — May 22, 2012 @ 9:31 pm

Totally agree with #6! It tasted good but WHERE are the sprinkles! I have to say; was a little disapointed!

Amanda V — May 22, 2012 @ 9:56 pm

Aw, my confetti cake blizzard had tons of sprinkles. Worthy treat-investment. Reese’s will always be my #1, though.

Cait's Plate — May 22, 2012 @ 9:56 pm

Good call on the Blizzards. I’ve been craving one so badly lately. I think I need to make it happen. Sooner than soon.

Catalina @ Cake with Love — May 22, 2012 @ 10:08 pm

That peach in pecan in milk chocolate is my favorite!

donna — May 22, 2012 @ 10:27 pm

love that chocolate – my favorite (that brand) Ginger… so good! Truly I think its their best but …. all of them are great! Not good to give to your girlfriend (with bottle of Cava) – found out the monthly ‘friend’ was coming and well… she ate the whole bar… in an hour – oops! thanks love your posts

brandee — May 23, 2012 @ 3:44 am

I have a 5 month old golden and her looks just like Bella’s…I love the crimped look!

Sally @ sally's baking addiction — May 23, 2012 @ 6:19 am

Bella is the cutest!! Jessica, which iphone app did you use to get those pictures? Snapseed? Camera+? I love them!

• Jessica — May 23rd, 2012 @ 6:45 am

I just used my regular phone (no filters) but they have a border on them from camera+.

1. Pingback: This Weekend I… | Stylish, Stealthy & Healthy.