Tuesday Things.

1. I think one of the highlights of my summer occurred yesterday when I made crescent roll wrapped hot dogs. I hate to say it but this pan was devoured. Okay, actually I love saying it.

2. I had quite the instagram binge over the weekend. Why is it so fun? It’s most definitely my favorite form of stalker… errr, I mean social… media.

3. Today is an exciting day because my friend Jenna’s book comes out! A few months ago when I returned home from vacation, the book was waiting in my mailbox and I dropped everything… like seriously, everything… and read the thing cover to cover. It’s a must read. Just do it.

4. Speaking of friends, I can’t get enough of this post Kristen wrote about best friends. Totally heart melting. And coming from someone who never had a ton of close friends growing up (because I miiiiight have been a impossible-to-get-along-with-i’m-always-right little snot ’til I was about, oh… 24 years old), I just lovelovelove it.

5. Freaking out over this perfect tutorial for coconut whipped cream. so coconutty! so creamy! so whipped!

6. After a giant recipe fail last week that involved buffalo chicken, I made some homemade french bread buffalo chicken pizzas with the remains and then topped them with jalapeños because I didn’t think I’d eat them. Then I couldn’t stop eating any, and I seriously thought I was going to start breathing fire. I was SWEATING, it was sososo hot. I have no tolerance for spice. I cried for 24 hours.

7. Alright. We know I don’t like coffee, but yada yada yada I still get some because I like to be cool. I vote Dunkin for the pumpkin spice win. Have since last year. And now that I’ve had two since Thursday, I’m set for the season.

That’s about as much as I can drink before being like ugh! take this coffee away from me!

8. Oh guess what! I am going to go broke this month because Ulta is having another 21 days of beauty. You can thank me later… or not. We’ll discuss at another time.

9. These people who created those Snapea Crisps? They live in a house of lies. No way that there are three servings in one bag… more like one serving. Or even half a serving.

10. Um my herbs? The ones I worked so hard to plant and then watched die a slow death? They’ve… returned. I haven’t watered them for weeks or even looked at them… and all of a sudden, boom I have herbs! Maybe they didn’t like my face?

11. If you read this blog, you may know that I have a, uh… small, teeny… tiny obsession… with Dawson’s Creek. So yeah… this made my life. Printing it out.

12. My brain is exploding with anticipation of all the new fun fall TV that’s returning… Boardwalk Empire, Homeland, Dexter… just give me a couch and call me a potato.

13. Oh and I also discovered the addiction that is HBO GO on my iPad, which basically means I’ve been glued to my iPad since last week. Somebody get me hobby. No really.

51 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Michelle — September 4, 2012 @ 4:20 pm

In regards to #13: Watch The Loving Story on HBO GO. It is terrific. I forget that I have the app on my ipad and when I remember, I get sucked into watching documentaries all day.

Jessica — September 4, 2012 @ 4:24 pm

HBO GO is everything. SIX FEET UNDER!!!
    Ok, I’ll stop now.

• Jenna — September 4th, 2012 @ 4:31 pm

YES! I can’t see ants without thinking of Lisa trying to verbally coax them out of her kitchen. :)

Catalina @ Cake with Love — September 4, 2012 @ 4:29 pm

I am making those hot dogs covered in that beautiful crescent dough! so easy, and fun!

Kristina — September 4, 2012 @ 4:30 pm

in our house we call them wiener wraps and we have had them All Summer Long.

stuffed with cheese. and enough dough to completely encase the dog. the hot dog, not the dog dog…

• Amber W — September 5th, 2012 @ 9:33 am

We call them “Hogs in a Quilt”. Like a big version of “Pigs in a Blanket”. It’s funny to see everyone has a different name for them! :) Def. a staple in our home!

Jenna — September 4, 2012 @ 4:31 pm

Girls starts in January! I checked! (You already checked, didn’t you. Blast! (yes, that word can be used seriously in a sentence.))

Candice — September 4, 2012 @ 4:36 pm

I don’t have that girly bff either… and it’s something I think about often because I wish there was someone like that. But how do you get that in your 30s if you don’t start your 30s with it? I think I’m screwed.

My brother posted a link to my FB the other day about rumors that Jennie Garth and Luke Perry are now dating in real life. The amount of joy that rumor brought me is completely oversized.

Marci — September 4, 2012 @ 4:40 pm

Pop Chips lives in the same house! They lie to you and say that it has 3 servings to a bag. If I am really trying to be good, I can get 1 1/2, but that is a stretch!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — September 4, 2012 @ 4:43 pm

Thanks to HBO go I’ve spent uncountable hours watching new shows… currently addicted to True Blood!

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist — September 4, 2012 @ 5:01 pm

Um yes, I forwarded that Dawson’s Creek hilarity to a close friend the second I started reading it! Loved it. And I have the same friendship thing going on too…I made things pretty difficult growing up!
    And I’m hooked on Instagram like nobody’s business too. We should follow each other! treats_with_a_twist

The Witch's Kitchen — September 4, 2012 @ 5:10 pm

I watched every episode of Dawson’s Creek when it was on the WB. I never missed an episode. I now own every season on DVD & the Season Finale DVD. And I watch them. Alot.

My husband and children groan when they hear the opening music play. But I still watch it.

And btw, I’m in the *Joey & Pacey* camp. I was never a Dawson fan.

Ari @ Ari's Menu — September 4, 2012 @ 5:36 pm

I laughed out loud (in the real way, not lame computer lol meaning way) so many times reading that Dawson’s Creek post! There may or may not have been a time when I would plan my life around watching episodes of Dawson’s Creek….

LisaG — September 4, 2012 @ 6:04 pm

You need to make the crescent mummy dogs from pillsbury; more fun!

Angela — September 4, 2012 @ 6:48 pm

I have the worst luck with herbs too. I had a rosemary plant that was dead all last summer, then wouldn’t you know it it came back to life in JANUARY!! It was thriving inside the freezing cold garage next to a window. Go figure. I will never understand herbs…they are a bit like cats.
    Thanks for the link to my coconut post!

Jenny Matlock — September 4, 2012 @ 6:52 pm

Oh wow. I saw a link to thai chicken enchiladas here on your blog and I followed it!

I am in love with your recipes.

I we love those Pillsbury things. I know they’re not haute cuisine but they are ridiculously yummy.

Subscribing to your feed now!

Kristen — September 4, 2012 @ 7:03 pm

You, my dear friend, make me smile… everytime I read a new post it makes me miss you even more! Let’s do Oregon again soon, please?

And I will have to check out the HBO thingamajig. We just got cable again (my family is a little over the top excited) and we have HBO now too. So tell me what I should be addicted to so I can get on it, please :)

Averie @ Averie Cooks — September 4, 2012 @ 7:28 pm

Circa 2000 in NC when we lived there, that’s where they filmed Dawson’s and I used to run into the cast at the 1 yoga studio in town. And in the local establishments. Fun times and memories :)

Jealz that you read Jenna’s book already. It’s on my to-be-read pile!

And when we were in Aruba and went on a sunset sail last week (feels like a lifetime ago) they served pigs in a blanket like that. Skylar was like WHAT are those? And then about about 17.

Jessica — September 4, 2012 @ 7:40 pm

Homeland Homeland HOMELAND!!! I love that show. I love Claire Danes..I love Saul. LOVE

Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch — September 4, 2012 @ 7:43 pm

Crescent wrapped hot dogs disappear quicker than I can make them around here. You’d think my son inhaled them or something. Gotta check out HBO Go, although, I surely don’t need anything else to distract me from getting things done. I’m easily get caught up in something and then Hello 5 o’clock.

Lindsay — September 4, 2012 @ 7:57 pm

HBO go has been owning my life for the past 2 weeks. Have you watched Game of Thrones? Beyond amazing!

• Jessica — September 4th, 2012 @ 9:13 pm

Not a fan of Game of Thrones… really the only HBO show I could never get into!

• Tawny — September 5th, 2012 @ 3:00 pm

It took me three episodes to get into Game of Thrones. RIght now I am trying to like NewsRoom.

Lauren — September 4, 2012 @ 8:19 pm

Pretty sure crescent roll dough just makes everything better. I made mini crescent cinnamon rolls awhile back that tasted exactly like what you get at Cinnabon. Ate half the pan before my husband came down for breakfast.

Julie @ Table for Two — September 4, 2012 @ 9:00 pm

well, shit. i’ll be spending all my time at ULTA now.

Holiday Baker Man — September 4, 2012 @ 9:45 pm

These always get snapped up right away!

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — September 4, 2012 @ 9:45 pm

You make me dizzy. In a deliriously happy way. Whatta fun post! :)

Ashley @ Ashley's A-Musings — September 4, 2012 @ 9:47 pm

OMG I just posted a pic of James Van Der Beek on my blog too! Feeling nostalgic about school starting and the good ole’ dayz. :)

P.S. Love the new look of your site, and your tagline is so fitting!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) — September 4, 2012 @ 10:04 pm

I am obsessed with HBOGo too…we were using my boyfriend’s dad’s log-in (hopefully the HBO police don’t read this comment)…and then he decided to cancel HBO, which we discovered last night to our dismay.

You MUST watch The Newsroom. So good!! Perfect combination of Drama & Comedy–and I am in love with Emily Mortimer’s character.

• Nancy C — September 5th, 2012 @ 4:27 pm

Haha, I’m doing the same thing. I use my Mom’s log-in.

Bev @ Bev Cooks — September 4, 2012 @ 10:55 pm

Ummmm pigs in my FACE-ET is more like it.

And I really want some of that buffalo chicken fail sweaty mess. Seriously.

Herbies! Well, you know my excitement there.

You wish I had backspaced over herbies, don’t you?

Mindy Grant — September 5, 2012 @ 6:32 am

Ohmygosh, I absolutely LOVED Dawson’s Creek in highschool! I have this friend, Ann Marie, who moved to my town in the 10th grade. We instantly became great friends. She was one of 5 children in this short, little French family. I’d go over to their house pretty much every weeknight for dinner. Her Mom was an AMAZING cook and made the best.lasagna.EVER. She’d also talk to her husband in french all the time and confuse the heck out of me! Anyway, I’d go over to her house and we’d watch the WB after dinner – Buffy, Charmed, Dawson’s Creek, Angel, etc. All of those shows. Dawson’s Creek was one of our faves. I actually watched a couple of episodes on netflix the other day lol. Thanks for sharing this. I cracked up laughing!

Lauren — September 5, 2012 @ 7:13 am

Best thought catalog post EVER.

Leah Atha — September 5, 2012 @ 9:10 am

I used to wrap hot dogs in crescents every week BUT I added a half slice of American cheese between the crescent & dog. Yum!

Katie — September 5, 2012 @ 9:27 am

Ahaha! That Dawson’s Creek thing. I’m dying over here.

IDK My BFF Jes — September 5, 2012 @ 10:12 am

1. I love those! It was one of my fave meals in college. And now I have a craving.

2. Love instagram…I don’t post on it too much, but i love looking at everyone else’s stuff. I started following you a few weeks ago too! Thanks for keeping me entertained!

6. I don’t haver any spice tolerance either. I don’t know how you managed to eat them!

7. Love the smell of coffee, but I won’t drink it to save my life. I feel like I’m never going to be in the cool kids club since I’m not amped about Pumpkin Spice Latte’s at Starbucks.

12. I didn’t watch Dawson’s until the reruns much later, but I loved that!

Kat B. — September 5, 2012 @ 10:22 am

“Pigs in a blanket” are a craving that must be satisfied every so often!

Mia — September 5, 2012 @ 12:16 pm

I just spent $100 on makeup at Mac. And now, freaking Ulta is trying to ruin me. Ugh!

SMD @ Life According to Steph — September 5, 2012 @ 1:09 pm

Please let that Dawson’s Creek thing happen, on film, and air over and over again on TV.

Thanks for the link to the BFF blog post, I’ve done a few blogs on my BFFS and I love reading that kind of stuff.

The DD pumpkin is too sickly sweet for me. I keep trying every season, and every season I toss it. Sad times.

Cupcake and Talk — September 5, 2012 @ 2:27 pm

No lie, the same thing happened to my herbs. Now I just take it easy on the watering, I think I was drowning them : (
    Thank you for the fun post.

Nancy C — September 5, 2012 @ 4:26 pm

HBO GO, waah!? Seriously, my eyes are burning out because of this! I sit my big arse on the couch with the Ipad run thru everything I can. I watched 5 seasons of True Blood in 3 weeks!!

Katie @ Blonde Ambition — September 5, 2012 @ 7:24 pm

I don’t understand pumpkin spice lattes! I’ve just never been a big pumpkin lover. I always look forward to peppermint mochas in the fall/winter time!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — September 5, 2012 @ 10:38 pm

havent tried the pumpkin iced from dunkins but then again I am not the biggest fan of dunkins coffee..BUT with pumpkin it could taste delightful! ohh i cannot wait for fall flavored goodies!!

Kristi — September 6, 2012 @ 11:39 am

Ugh. And I want to cry because that Dawson’s Creek episode hasn’t actually been filmed (yet). I still can’t get over Joey & Pacey’s break-up, so how am I supposed to get over Katie & Tom’s?!?! I’m way too involved in this.

Ashley — September 7, 2012 @ 2:17 pm

I just about died when you mentioned #9. SO TRUE. My husband and I both thinks so! Fall TV, fall TV…yaya!! Maybe I’ll catch up on a week of marathons after Dec. 1st.

Kelly (Mikulecky) Woodland — September 9, 2012 @ 1:45 am

HBOGO ia my entire world. Welllllll, that is a bold-faced LIE because right now I am deeply, deeply immersed in Season 3 of Dawson’s Creek. Or simply, “The Creek” as the husband and I have taken to calling it. “Dawson’s” just contains soooo many syllables.

Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker — September 9, 2012 @ 4:48 pm

Crescent roll hot dogs were my favorite thing ever growing up. Also, I can’t wait for Boardwalk Empire either!

Mel G — September 10, 2012 @ 9:51 am

Re #1, crescent roll – is that like croissant pastry? I like to do mine in puff pastry (here in Oz they call ‘em “Puffy Dogs”), and they’re really cute if you use the little cocktail frankfurts…perfect finger food!

Delishhh — September 11, 2012 @ 12:18 am

Do you watch breaking bad? I am obsessed!!

• Jessica — September 11th, 2012 @ 8:43 am

I don’t! I know I need to start.

Walker — December 2, 2012 @ 2:38 am

Yes it does exist but it costs a310, and has some very varied reweivs:8 people gave it 5 stars1 person gave it 4 stars1 person gave it 3 stars1 person gave it 2 stars11 people gave it 1 star.Surely the DoH could do something better than this.[Data taken from UK iTunes App store on the 26/08/11]