Tuesday Things.

1. This is a cable car. I drank this cable car. I loved this cable car. This cable car is now my new fall beverage. So be it.

2. You should know something about me. I am thoroughly OBSESSED with fall. I know. It is so annoying, right? But if I can get my act together, these are at the top of my list to make. Because the only thing I love more than fall is apple cider.

3. Someone convinced me to get this incredible bag like over two months ago. When it finally came yesterday, I wasn’t home, which meant I had to go to the post office and pick it up. The postmaster totally BAG SHAMED me in public. He’s like “who would spend $200 on a bag?” and might I add – he said this loudly with tons of other people standing behind me. I wanted to be like um, sir, people spend lots more than that on bags and see your dumb coffee cup from Starbucks? If you gave that up for 2 months you probably could have bought me this bag. thankyouverymuch.

4. Alright. You know I love quinoa. So I am freaking out over this.

5. Over the weekend my husband asked me if I had read “50 Grades of Shay.” Dead serious.

6. You might know that I’m not a huge fan of tomato sauce, which means that I often resort to a jar. Yes, I’ve tried homemade. Yes, I’ve tried a million people’s grandmothers. (Uh, sauce that is.) Yes, I’ve tried it hanging upside down. Just not a huge fan. Never have been. Good thing I didn’t marry an Italian. But… the instant I spied this meat sauce I knew my husband would love it so I whipped it up and whoa… pretty delicious. He said it was the best he’s ever had. And it’s totally not out of a jar.

7. I know I whine a lot about (everything) not liking bread, but I figured out what the deal is. It’s not that I don’t like bread, it’s just that I really love TOAST. Toast is supreme to me. I will eat  almost anything on toast. Almost. No, not mashed broccoli.

8. Yesterday my garbage disposal ate one of my little ceramic spoons, and when I say ate, I really mean it crushed that sucker. To itsy bitsy pieces. Then it just went on it’s merry way doing it’s job. I don’t know if this is amazing or scary but it takes away all those irrational urges I have to shove my hand down there when I’m not doing the dishes. Pretty sure I’d lose that game.

9. Someone has a birthday this week! Someone has no idea what to buy this someone. Someone has this issue of finding things they want to buy themselves… of course. Someone is a terrible person.

10. Just look at this appetizer we had last week on vacation. It was fresh cut fries with bacon and cheddar and about 8000 cheeses and a ton of jalapenos. OMG. And ranch. And I don’t even like ranch. Ugh.

11. Oh and I attempted to get through one entire post that was thought catalog-free, however I’m pretty sure you should check out these 32 things you need to stop caring about right now. Like especially #3. Make those fries. Eat them. Love it.

57 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Bev @ Bev Cooks — September 18, 2012 @ 4:10 pm

Will you kick me in the balls if I say we’re “bag twinsies”?

Eddie — September 18, 2012 @ 4:15 pm

Who is Shay, on what are they being graded and why is everyone so obsessed with Shay’s grades?

What?

Oh…….

#epicfail

Nancy C — September 18, 2012 @ 4:16 pm

Ok where are those fries from?! I know you vacation in NJ and I’m from NJ so I NEED to know where those fries are from!!! Tell me, tell me!!

• Jessica — September 18th, 2012 @ 4:57 pm

Lucky Bones!

Harper — September 18, 2012 @ 4:21 pm

Oh man why did you have to post that bag? There are now three bags on the site I am convincing myself I need.

I totally would have shamed the mailman back.

Sarah — September 18, 2012 @ 4:26 pm

I LOVE that bag, but it’s so deep I’m afraid I’d never be able to find things in it. Please advise.

• Jessica — September 18th, 2012 @ 4:56 pm

Haven’t even used it yet… but it’s so amazing I’m willing to overlook the issue.

Kristina — September 18, 2012 @ 4:30 pm

good LORD those fries.

…and I like ranch.

…and it’s MY birthday next week. :D

stupid mailman. PLEASE say you said the starbucks thing out loud. PLEASE?

Jessica — September 18, 2012 @ 4:34 pm

do tell! what’s a cable car?!

• Jessica — September 18th, 2012 @ 4:56 pm

spiced rum, some orange liqueur I think…lime juice and/or some citrus, and a cinnamon sugar rim! or something close to that.

Candice — September 18, 2012 @ 4:36 pm

1 – I can’t believe he bag shamed you. Mind your beeswax, post office dude.
    2 – I DID marry an Italian and he hates tomatoes and meat sauce. I love them. I lose. :(

Rhonda — September 18, 2012 @ 4:37 pm

Love the bag!!!! I want one. and yes, must have fries smothered in cheeses, bacon and jalapenos. yum .

Sara — September 18, 2012 @ 4:39 pm

note to self: MUST try a cable car. Right away.

Cookbook Queen — September 18, 2012 @ 4:46 pm

You don’t like RANCH???

Also, there must be something in the air. My mailman recently told me that i “do too much online shopping”. Didn’t ask for your opinion much? Geez. Here I was thinking I was doing my part to save the fledgling postal system.

Yes, I just used the word fledgling. I am a real adult now.

Mary Jane — September 18, 2012 @ 4:46 pm

Miss How Sweet, as an avid TC lover as well, I was wondering why you aren’t linking Ryan O’Connell more often?! (http://thoughtcatalog.com/author/ryanthoughtcatalog/) He is my absolute favorite, you should skim through his articles :)

• Mary Jane — September 18th, 2012 @ 4:46 pm

Also, I love your recipes & writing ;)

Erin — September 18, 2012 @ 4:53 pm

1. Gonna try a cable car ASAP.
    2. Totally with you on toast.
    3. And the fries.

Ashley — September 18, 2012 @ 4:58 pm

#8 on the 32 things list was my favorite! You could fit a small child in that purse!

Holiday Baker Man — September 18, 2012 @ 5:08 pm

More drinks!

Amber — September 18, 2012 @ 5:20 pm

Boo to bag shamers everywhere! That bag rocks and everyone has the right to spend disposable income the way they want to, without shame. Rock on!

Michelle {LiveLoudly} — September 18, 2012 @ 5:35 pm

That drink! I need one now… stat. Definitely going to try one out next time at the bar.
    Laughed out loud at #5,
    You are right about giving up our daily coffee trips would leave us with tons of money.
    -Michelle {LiveLoudly}

Belladatura — September 18, 2012 @ 5:47 pm

OMG, that bag is AMAZING!!! And seriously, 200 bucks is a steal.

kim@hungryhealthygirl — September 18, 2012 @ 5:54 pm

OMG…..those funnel cakes need to be in my tummy immediately! 50 shades of Shay…..hilarious!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — September 18, 2012 @ 5:59 pm

OMG I can relate! When it’s time to buy something for my boyfriend, I only seem to selfishly shop for boots and nail polish and scarves. It’s a terrible, terrible habit and i just cannnotttttt stop!

adrienne — September 18, 2012 @ 6:08 pm

….aaand I think I just found my travel bag for Thailand. Thank you so much!

Maggie — September 18, 2012 @ 6:10 pm

That bag is amazing! I say $200 is a deal:)

Kendra — September 18, 2012 @ 6:36 pm

I started reading that list and stopped at #1. That is all I needed to hear today. Thank you!

P.S. that bag is fab and absolutely well priced. enjoy!

Amy — September 18, 2012 @ 6:44 pm

lol i laughed out loud at the 50 shades of grey comment post. And ummm I looked at your picture really fast the herbs in your tomato sauce look like a dead animal ahhh

• Jessica — September 18th, 2012 @ 6:46 pm

OMG… haha.

Hayley — September 18, 2012 @ 6:52 pm

I need those fries right now. Also that Cable Car. Oh, who am I kidding, I need 5 of those Cable Cars. And um, that bag.

Coco — September 18, 2012 @ 7:45 pm

LOL at the garbage disposal “game”! I want to do that EVERY DAY until I remember life would be more difficult with NO FINGERS.

Sues — September 18, 2012 @ 8:22 pm

I don’t really like ranch either, but I want those fries NOW.

Amy @ Croquet & Cocktails — September 18, 2012 @ 9:51 pm

Love the bag. Let there be no shame. None. Ever. It is fantastic.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — September 18, 2012 @ 11:44 pm

That post office guy wouldn’t want to know what I have spent on some bags then … I don’t even like to talk about it … people just don’t understand :-)

Kristine — September 19, 2012 @ 12:23 am

I now need to try a cable car and my hand at making funnel cake! Thanks for the recs.
    I don’t have any experience with the bag you purchased, but may I suggest Lucky brand’s abbey road bag to your readers. It’s a smidge cheaper and the leather is super soft.

Sarah | The Cyclists Wife — September 19, 2012 @ 12:38 am

That bag is all kinds of awesome. The postman is jealous, I’m sure of it!

Amy W — September 19, 2012 @ 9:04 am

HAHA as I was reading this post I kept thinking to myself, “C’mon, she ALWAYS posts a TC link. Where is it?” I must say I get annoyed with TC because when I look at it I never find any good articles. I look forward to you doing the leg work for me. (If I’m ever in Pittsburgh I volunteer to do some dishes in repayment.)

Natalie @ Free Range Human — September 19, 2012 @ 9:47 am

I would just like to say that I love the thought catalogue! And I didn’t even know it existed until you started talking about it so thanks!

Kristen — September 19, 2012 @ 9:50 am

Your hubby is a cutie pie… and that bag? Oh my! I could fit Leah in there, easily!
    Thanks for the shoutout, friend :) Come over and we can make them together!

Connie — September 19, 2012 @ 11:20 am

That purse is not my cup of tea, but I have spent $200+ on a purse so I can relate–none of the postmaster’s business! Now, how did you answer Mr. How Sweet about 50 Shades of Gray? ;-)

Jeanette — September 19, 2012 @ 12:54 pm

Bah, I am now officially addicted to the thought catalogue AND the GORGEOUS bags from elf. I’m so jealous that you have one now. Life is hard ;-)

Mia — September 19, 2012 @ 12:56 pm

I love that bag! And whatever, at least you didn’t buy this bag: http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/p/Proenza-Schouler-PS1-Python-Shoulder-Bag-Medium-Shoulder-Bags/prod77090063_cat207300_cat260104_/?index=32&cmCat=cat000000cat257221cat260104cat207300&isEditorial=false

That sauce recipe is basically how my mom and I make sauce – except without the italian sausage because I don’t eat pork. Glad to know you and your mans approve :)

• Jessica — September 19th, 2012 @ 3:01 pm

You shouldn’t have even shown me that bag. Want.

Stefanie @ Sarcastic Cooking — September 19, 2012 @ 1:39 pm

Thank you for getting me addicted to The Thought Catalog. I have spent an hour browsing. But seriously, thank you!

Hanne — September 19, 2012 @ 2:18 pm

OMG. So, this is totally unrelated to your post. But I saw this picture, and immediately thought of you:
    It’s a Golden Cocker Retriever (Cocker spaniel/golden retriever mix) – an ADULT one. There is a dog that looks like the puppy version of Bella for its entire life. My mind is blown. Blown enough that I had to de-lurk in order to share it.

• Jessica — September 19th, 2012 @ 3:01 pm

OMG.

Kate — September 19, 2012 @ 5:14 pm

The bag is fab ! And really a steal at that price. Much smaller bags go for upper 100s at some of the arts and crafts shows I’ve been to.

And not that I suspect at all that you have any buyer’s remorse, but unless you’re ‘one and done’ with your handbags (carry it one season, and then never again), the CPW (cost per wearing) for that bag will be pennies ! Making it one of the most economical things you have ever purchased

Kate — September 19, 2012 @ 5:22 pm

btw, what color bag did you get ?

monica — September 19, 2012 @ 5:35 pm

That man thinks $200 is expensive??? what the eff he obviously gets zero play because otherwise he would know you can barely buy a cheap faux leather Guess bag for 200. I would like to thank you for the intro to balielf i will now be spending a couple grand on bags and flats

Erin R. — September 19, 2012 @ 6:25 pm

HA! My husband doesn’t know about 50 Shades of Gray (oblivious to all things normal people know about) but I’m positive he would have said 50 Grades of Shay, too, had he known to ask. That is hilarious.

Incidentally, I have read most of that book and told my husb about it, and he was quite interested and had several questions. (grin) Men.

Vanessa — September 19, 2012 @ 8:09 pm

HAHAHA! 50 Grades of Shay! Greatest thing I have heard all day! :)

Jorden — September 23, 2012 @ 7:07 pm

Also to comment on the bag/postmaster (insert indelicate word starting with a “d” and ending with an “ouche.”) The bags on the site are all handmade and eco-friendly, which last I checked was worth spending a little extra on. But anywho, I love love love Cablecars! They may be made differently by me but they are yummy with a capitol yum.

info cash Core — August 3, 2013 @ 10:07 am

many thanks sir this wonderful explanation in the notion.

1. Pingback: Whole Wheat Pumpkin Spice English Muffin Bread with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Butter | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: Whole Wheat Pumpkin Spice English Muffin Bread with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Butter. | Lifestyle Pins

3. Pingback: Whole Wheat Pumpkin Spice English Muffin Bread with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Butter. » A Bowl Full Of Blogs

4. Pingback: Lucky Brand Abbey Road Fold-Over Tote | MO Designer Goods